Bubsy Purrfect Edition for PS4 - $12.99 - Amazon

What could possibly go wrong?

For the record, I liked Bubsy on SNES. I've been trying to get some real opinions for this one.
Same, I really liked it on SNES as a kid. Do you think this will drop even lower?

Edit: Found this article about this "limited release."

https://www.accoladegame.com/single-post/2017/08/23/Bubsy-annouces-October-31th-release-date-for-regular-and-limited-edition-version

Bubsy also said a deluxe and extremely limited boxed version of the game for PS4 will be available on Amazon, BestBuy, GameStop and other select e-commerce sites.

When asked how many of the limited edition versions would be available Bubsy hesitated and then said, “Well, I’ve made 14 so far – so do the math!” The limited edition version (MSRP $39.99) will feature a separate soundtrack CD, Mystery Bubsy Movie Poster postcard, and Busby’s official business card (he’s so 90s).

I wonder if this edition was truly a limited print run or if it's a joke (see above).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh fck it for only 12.99 i will take my chances, just did a price match in chat on bestbuy.com for this ,.!
You aren’t taking your chances, you’re just buying a shitty game for cheap. It’s bad but you might get something out of it for $12.99.

I got mine I think for 15 the other day. It arrived today.

It's... Not horrible. If you liked the snes game for 12 bucks just do it up. I have bubsy 1 and 2 and thought they were OK. Same here.

No platinum trophy really makes me not wanna replay anything though.

I remember not hating the SNES game as a kid, but i also remember it being hard enough that i never got very far in it when i rented it.  Guessing this will be $2.99 in a flash sale by June.

Same, I really liked it on SNES as a kid. Do you think this will drop even lower?

Edit: Found this article about this "limited release."
https://www.accoladegame.com/single-post/2017/08/23/Bubsy-annouces-October-31th-release-date-for-regular-and-limited-edition-version

Bubsy also said a deluxe and extremely limited boxed version of the game for PS4 will be available on Amazon, BestBuy, GameStop and other select e-commerce sites.

When asked how many of the limited edition versions would be available Bubsy hesitated and then said, “Well, I’ve made 14 so far – so do the math!” The limited edition version (MSRP $39.99) will feature a separate soundtrack CD, Mystery Bubsy Movie Poster postcard, and Busby’s official business card (he’s so 90s).

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I wonder if this edition was truly a limited print run or if it's a joke (see above).[/font]
"Extremely limited" my ass.
This version has been sold out on Best Buy's site for a while so I'm guessing it is pretty limited.

That being said it has received terrible reviews, mostly because it can be beaten in a few hours. Basically just like the classic platformers from those days, but with a much more forgiving check point system so much easier. Also, if you're a trophy whore like me, the PS4 version does NOT have a full trophy list with a platinum. It never made any sense to me when a retail game didn't have a platinum.

What could possibly go wrong?
For the record, I liked Bubsy on SNES. I've been trying to get some real opinions for this one.
My wife loved it on the SNES and was really excited when I told her this was coming out. After multiple attempts of playing the first level she has given up and will probably never play it again.... she said it was really difficult and cheats lol.

This version has been sold out on Best Buy's site for a while so I'm guessing it is pretty limited.

That being said it has received terrible reviews, mostly because it can be beaten in a few hours. Basically just like the classic platformers from those days, but with a much more forgiving check point system so much easier. Also, if you're a trophy whore like me, the PS4 version does NOT have a full trophy list with a platinum. It never made any sense to me when a retail game didn't have a platinum.
It has been back in stock at BB for a few weeks now:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bubsy-the-woolies-strike-back-purrfect-edition-playstation-4/6091605.p?skuId=6091605

The standard version is the one that's sold out:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bubsy-the-woolies-strike-back-playstation-4/6091608.p?skuId=6091608

I just went ahead and popped on it... I loved the old school ones so this one has to be just more of the same....

It's a decent game, just very short. Only 3 bosses and the normal levels take a minute or two at best to complete. Most of my time was spent on the second boss. 

bread's done
Back