Budget 360 Games

TooShort4

CAGiversary!
Are there going to be any budget 360 games? I dont know about you guys, but I am one of them guys who love the horrible gaming on a great console [such as Ninjabread Man for wii] I love budget games. Are any coming to 360?

have you tried Earth Defense Force? That game is classic and definitely would be labeled budget..

There are others. History Channels Civil War and battle of the Pacific. But EDF is the way to go

I think it came out at 39.99, it's much cheaper now. Used is probably under $20. I couldn't get into it but others swear by it.

if you can find a new copy, it will run you $19.99

as for the game, I love it. Dig the cheesy B movie aesthetics and for mindless fun, its hard to beat

Earth Defense Force is SPECTACULAR as far as budget games go. You'll be hooked. I guarantee it.

Hostile's list of budget games are mostly just Greatest Hits big name games. A lot of them are worth looking at, but you should know most of the big ones already. Crackdown, Viva Pinata and so on... As far as ones you might not think of, Perfect Dark Zero is good if you want a good bad FPS. Saint's Row is a very delicious blend of the GTA formula that is definitely worth a second look.

Il check out EDF. I already have the burger king games and I enjoy them. I do use the XBLA also =] Thanks guys, keep em coming if you know more.

Second on Monster Madness, but you have to want to play a game that is ridiculously hard at times because of poor design rather than good forethought.

Of course, the enemy variety is spectacular, even if some are just too powerful.

Has Totemball always been free? I'll have to grab that one.

Oh wait you need the vision camera? Guess that's why I didn't grab it. :lol:

[quote name='lordwow']TooShort 4, Meet XBLA.[/QUOTE]

for the most part 10$ games that were released a couple years ago are better than shallow xbla games that keep your interest for a couple hours.

[quote name='wubb']Has Totemball always been free? I'll have to grab that one.

Oh wait you need the vision camera? Guess that's why I didn't grab it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it's not worth your HD space.

What happened to Conflict: Denied Ops? I thought that was supposed to be a "budget" title. $50 does not factor into my CAG budget in the least. Ugh.

Currently, I'm playing through Stuntman: Ignition. The game is difficult, sometimes unfair, but when you get a good stunt string, it's just so satisfying. I dont remember this much of a fun/frustration combo since the 8-bit days, when games were damn hard as a way of increasing play time.

Oh and the graphics are really good IMO as well, especially on the movie trailers that you unlock after doing all the stunts of one movie.

And I guess I'll co-sign the EDF movement as well. I thought it was good mindless fun (I really need to finish that game sometime...)

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Prey Condemned Just Cause and Crackdown are great candids and can be found anywhere for less than 15 bucks[/QUOTE]
Where can I find Crackdown for $15?

[quote name='thorbahn3']Yaris and Totemball are free.[/quote]

A man that recommends Yaris is a man that likes to eat puppies.

Also, I'm gonna check into EDF. I had heard about it before, but I didn't know a nice chunk of people here liked it.

[quote name='Regian']A man that recommends Yaris is a man that likes to eat puppies.
[/QUOTE]

The dude said "...I am one of them guys who love the horrible gaming on a great console [such as Ninjabread Man for wii] I love budget games." I hate Yaris thus he may like it.

Dead Rising, Oblivion, and Viva Pinata all great 20 dollars games, if you can find the original version of oblivion like I did.

EDF is one of the few games to ever wow me this gen, and its just due to the sheer scale. Once you get past the bug levels and you have the big robots running around in combo with some of the massive bosses, its crazy. Awesome stuff (repetitive, too).

Most others weren't budget but are just older and cheap. Condemned is quality stuff, loads of atmosphere and some creepy levels and moments.

Earth Defense Force is borderline-terrible.

It feels like if they sold Xbox 360 titles at the dollar store... which sounds like exactly what you're searching for.

EDF is pure action and lots of fun in coop. Tons of weapons to choose from... pretty simple but effective controls... and tons of enemies/buildings/trees/etc. to blow up.

Overall, an enjoyable experience and a good change of pace from more serious gameplay.

Condemned is a great game for the price. Brutal, disturbing, and often frightening gameplay... haunting environments... makes me fear homeless people now :)

bread's done
Back