Budget gaming pcs, do they exist.

nyman

CAGiversary!
So I saw the Crysis PC and am pretty impressed by the specs for the price, but then again it's been 4 years since I last built my pc, and I have not kept up at all. My old rig is finally falling apart piece by piece and I figure it's time to update. I have about 600-700 or so to spend. Wondering what I'm looking at in the price range. I want to be able to run newer games, and at least have it be somewhat future proof, I know a machine in this price range won't be cutting edge for too long though.

You can build a PC capable of running all current games including Crysis at reasonably high settings for 600-700 dollars if you don't have to do a complete build (ie. you don't need a new monitor/operating system/etc.)

I built my computer for $500...

Thermaltake WingRS
Antec 430W ATX12V v2.0
GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz @ 3GHz
OCZ Vanquisher w/AS5
OCZ Platinum 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400
VisionTek Radeon HD 4850 512MB

[quote name='SynGamer']I built my computer for $500...

Thermaltake WingRS
Antec 430W ATX12V v2.0
GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz @ 3GHz
OCZ Vanquisher w/AS5
OCZ Platinum 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400
VisionTek Radeon HD 4850 512MB[/quote]

Did that include an OS?

[quote name='52club']Did that include an OS?[/quote]
No, i had Vista from my previous computer. Most people should have a OS of some sort...either on their current PC or from a previous one.

Sorry, asked this in the wrong thread...

Does anyone know a real good computer help forum? I am going to upgrade my computer soon and I want to get the best bang for my buck. I don't need an entire new comp. Just new pieces.

bread's done
Back