Budget Wii titles (back to) $15.99 at Costco - Sonic, SSX Blur, etc.

callmesteam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Costco is carrying a new SKU of budget priced Wii titles for $15.99 each. There are some decent titles this time around though.

Titles include:

- Sonic and the Secret Rings
- SSX Blur
- Sega Bass Fishing
- Cars
- Winter Sports The Ultimate Challenge
- Mercury Meltdown:Revolution
- Spongebob Squarepants Creature from the Krusty Krab
- MonkeyBall:Banana Blitz
- Code Lyoko:Quest for Infinity
- Arctic Tale

There might have been another one or two... I can confirm tomorrow if so. Not bad as most of those are still at a $29.99 MSRP. They were marked with a street date of 3/14, so they should be in stock at most locations.

Also check out the thread on $10.99 budget DS titles and $14.99 Xbox 360 titles, if you're interested...

Thanks h3llbring3r for your additional help.

Blur is a very good use of the controls. I've never really enjoyed SSX games but this one was fun. The special moves where you gestured shapes were difficult to do though. I'd bite for $16 if I could find it.

[quote name='callmesteam']Costco is carrying a new SKU of budget priced Wii titles for $15.99 each. There are some decent titles this time around though.

Titles include:

- Sonic and the Secret Rings
- SSX Blur
- Sega Bass Fishing
- Cars
- Winter Sports The Ultimate Challenge
- Mercury Meltdown:Revolution
- Spongebob Squarepants Creature from the Krusty Krab
- MonkeyBall:Banana Blitz

There might have been another one or two... I can confirm tomorrow if so. Not bad as most of those are still at a $29.99 MSRP. They were marked with a street date of 3/14, so they should be in stock at most locations.[/quote]

I'm not a Costco member. Don't you need to be a member first to buy there or do they just charge like a non-member surcharge? I'm trying to find info on their website, but haven't located it yet.

[quote name='edzbsu']I'm not a Costco member. Don't you need to be a member first to buy there or do they just charge like a non-member surcharge? I'm trying to find info on their website, but haven't located it yet.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they'll allow you to check out unless you're a member. Membership isn't expensive at all though. I think it's only $50 a year to be a Gold member and you get 2 cards, so you can split the cost with someone else.

I'm not a Costco member. Don't you need to be a member first to buy there or do they just charge like a non-member surcharge? I'm trying to find info on their website, but haven't located it yet.[/quote]
You do need to be a member. You can buy from their website with a 5% surcharge, but none of these games (as budget anyway) are listed. The assortments seem to be in-store only.

Wow - this is great news - thanks! Time to finally pick up Blur (I rented it a year ago and was really happy with the presentation. $16 happy to be exact) and maybe Winter Sports for the family.

Those are great prices, much better than the $46.97 for last years NFS game or $26.97 for Syphon Filter The Omega Stran for PS2 that I always see. I'll definetly get Monkey Ball and maybe Sonic for those prices.

I really didn't like SSX Blur. I have the original SSX, Tricky and SSX 3 and really tried to like Blur but found it very fusturating.

Sega Bass Fishing just came out didn't it?

Those titles are all 10.99 now at register !!!!!!!!
(in-store instant rebate of $5 on all "catalog games")
Also there are several DS titles at $10.99 and 360 titles at $14.99 after -$5 off;
Including Rayman Aot Raving Rabbids and Fuzion Frenzy 2, Tetris Evo., Cars, Lego Star Wars II . . . etc.

71985339fn7.jpg

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Those titles are all 10.99 now at register !!!!!!!!
(in-store instant rebate of $5 on all "catalog games")
Also there are several DS titles at $10.99 and 360 titles at $14.99 after -$5 off;
Including Rayman Aot Raving Rabbids and Fuzion Frenzy 2, Tetris Evo., Cars, Lego Star Wars II . . . etc.[/quote]
Are you serious? I'm going in a few minutes. I'll try to confirm.

This assumes your local Costco has these games in stock. I have been to several in Los Angeles over the past day or two and none of them have the games yet. As with all Costco stock, the titles and whether or not they actually stock these games is YMMV.

I spent $38 on SSX Blur, and it was worth it. Controls take some getting used to, but it's really fun once you get the hang of it.

supposibly there is a 5 dollar instant rebate on all these titles today so the games will come out to be about 10-11 dollars. :)

As I got to my Costco today they were unpacking crates of these titles. I already have a lot of them, but I picked up SSX, Sega Bass Fishing and Cars for my 5-year-old. All of them were $10.99 after the $5 discount. Awesome. Especially on the Sega Bass Fishing - that game just came out two weeks ago at $30.

And yes, Mercury Meltdown is definitely worth the $11. Even for $11 I couldn't pull the trigger on Sonic though. I just can't get myself to care about that game at all.

If anyone (with little or no sales tax especially) finds Winter Sports at their Costco and wants to grab an extra copy for me, please PM me. I could paypal you cost+shipping+a reasonable bonus for your time. I'm hoping to pay around $15.

[quote name='callmesteam']I'm not a Costco member. Don't you need to be a member first to buy there or do they just charge like a non-member surcharge? I'm trying to find info on their website, but haven't located it yet
You do need to be a member. You can buy from their website with a 5% surcharge, but none of these games (as budget anyway) are listed. The assortments seem to be in-store only.[/quote]
You can go and say you're interested in seeing what they have because you're thinking about joining and they will issue you a one-visit guest pass. The surcharge is only on their website, not in-store.

Just got back from the Buford, GA Costco. Picked up Monkey Ball and Sega Bass Fishing for my kids. Total came to $23.90. Wasn't much left over in either the Wii or 360 section :cry:

They did have a ton of Full Auto 2 for PS3 that came to 21.99 after the $15 rebate. Didn't see any other PS3 title that the $36.99 price applied to for a rebate.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I can't believe I just bought 6 games and am buying R6V:2 this week.[/QUOTE]

Just keep thinking about how much you saved! :D

Oh yeah, the DS assortment that's on sale uses the item number of 113747 but most are crud. Some of the good ones from that assortment are Cooking Mama, Disney Meteos, and DQM: Rocket Slime.

Don't forget that just because your costco may not have the signs up, doesn't mean they aren't on sale. If you have any doubts, ask any of the guys in red vests.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Bah going to Costco is a 45 minute trip one way. I'll have to decide if this is worth it :/ Sonic and Blur for 11 each is amazing...[/quote]
That's a tough one. That's probably 2-4 gallons of gas if it's that far away, so tack on another $6-15 to the final price of the games, plus whatever your time is worth. At that point you could probably find at least Blur online for that price. If I were you I'd have to make up a pretty good excuse for myself about how I really needed something else at Costco that would justify the trip.

Also, am I missing something about Sonic? It's the game that everyone in the thread so far seems most excited about, but I thought it was pretty hated when it came out. I passed on it, but might make a trip back later this week if it's supposed to be that good.

Stopped by Costco at 44th and Thomas in Phoenix. They had about 10-15 copies of SSX, and around 5 copies of Sonic. I think they only had about 1-5 copies of the rest of the games mentioned. Confirmed at $10. This was around 2:00

Nice. I may get SSX Blur at that price. Of course I bought Sonic at release for the full price (albeit with trade-in credit at Gamerush) - have yet to finish the damn game but it is well worth the $11 for anyone on the fence.

I rented Monkey Ball when the Wii first came out - not sure I'd even want to spend $11 on that. Cars I traded for here on CAG, played it with my son, then traded it in during the GS trade 2 Wii games get a new one deal. I think I'll pass on picking it up again (esp. as I have the 360 version now).

How much are the discount DS games? I might get Meteos Disney if it is cheap enough. And what's in that $14.99 360 assortment? I guess I'll have to trek up there and see. I have 1 Costco about 10 miles away (and a $60 rebate to use there as well from my Costco AMEX card) and another about 6 miles beyond that - so hopefully I have lots to choose from.

i'm not a costco member, and the closest store to me is rather far away... if anyone stops by for themselves and feels like being generous... i'd love to pick up a few...

Sega Bass Fishing
Winter Sports
Spongebob Squarepants
Code Lyoko

Wow... i'll be broke this week if i can find all the games i wanted.

Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sega Bass Fishing
MonkeyBall:Banana Blitz
Puzzle Quest (DS)

I know this is reaching but would any CAGer be willing to pick up an extra copy of SSX Blur? I would really appreciate and be willing to re-imburse you the cost of the game, shipping, and a couple of bucks for your time.

[quote name='leehom']was just at costco, the games are $15.99 here :([/QUOTE]

Did they scan for that price even after the sale was totalled? I was at my Costco today and didn't see a sign about them being $10.99 but I thought it applied to all stores (I didn't try to buy anything since I didn't know about the $5 off until after I got home)

Thanks, OP!

I picked up SSX Blur and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz for that price. There were no sale signs at the Costco I went to but it rang up for the sale price.

I wonder if this sale is for all games regularly priced at $15.99 like these were?

Yes, some stores have not put up the signage but all stores are ringing up sale price thus far.

This is like the CC clearance all over again. Someone find me a wintergames! My costcos had none.

bread's done
Back