Buffy or Angel or Dark Angel DVD Series $5.99 each (AC) at Best Buy

tinyandi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Best Buy has Buffy and Angel DVD sets for $15.99 each starting 8/19 through 8/25.

You can use a $10 off coupon to make them $5.99 EACH. Here's the coupon (copy and paste the link as direct link is not working):
http://i.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=41258&d=1181498180

Some people have also been lucky in locating the original coupon at the Home Theater section of BB. Make sure to check there as well.

Enjoy!

Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested, there's an Angel boxset coming out in October with all 5 seasons (though no bonus disc or other new content). So you may want to hold out for that.

[quote name='dinosaursrock']Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested, there's an Angel boxset coming out in October with all 5 seasons (though no bonus disc or other new content). So you may want to hold out for that.[/QUOTE]

It's highly unlikely it will be cheaper than $30, so why should anyone hold out rather than buying them for $6 each now?

[quote name='bigdaddy']it say 403- Forbidden to me. :)[/QUOTE]

Copy and paste the link's URL and it should work.

afor 6 bucks a piece may have to pick up. any other shows by 20th Century fox? i thought it only worked on fox shows

I'm going to have to try it for all 5 seasons of Angel. Question is, should I visit 5 times, or try to do it all in one transaction?

I had the most luck presenting all the merchandise at once (when The Simpsons & Arrested Development were on sale), presenting one coupon, asking "Can I use this on all of them?" They scan it, it comes off of one.

THEN offer another....and another... ;)

It also works better if they are cut out and not on sheets of printer paper.

This might be YMMV, but my BB in SF also have Dar Angels season 1 and 2 on sale for 15.99, so you can get these for $6 each AC too.

It's highly unlikely it will be cheaper than $30, so why should anyone hold out rather than buying them for $6 each now?

They shouldn't, I was just putting it out there in case anyone is incredibly anal to the point of violating the Code of Cheapassery and wants an Angel set to sit on the shelf next to their Buffy Chosen Collection. :)

[quote name='dinosaursrock']They shouldn't, I was just putting it out there in case anyone is incredibly anal to the point of violating the Code of Cheapassery and wants an Angel set to sit on the shelf next to their Buffy Chosen Collection. :)[/QUOTE]

What's it going to look like? Is it like the European one?

Oh and I picked all the Angels up a few months ago when they were $10 a piece. I thought THAT was bargain. :)

i just got all the seasons of angel for just under $33 w/ tax included,only problem is that u have to go to more than 1 BB like i did

I took Season 1 & 2 to the front counter with my Fiancee, we both a coupon in hand, and I politely asked the cashier if I could get the rest of the seasons if I had a coupon for each one. She looked at the coupon and read the fine print and said that it would be fine.

I got all 7 seasons of Buffy and all 5 seasons of Angel on one transaction. :)

Kid was kind of an idiot (he had asked a diffent manager about something every step of the way), but he was nice enough and it went though alright. He manually put in a $10 credit for each coupon, so I spent an extra $6 or so in tax, but I did end up with the full 7-season run of Buffy for about $51...spead amongst 7 seperate transactions.

ohh, i never liked these series much, just couldnt get into it and i like occult, but at this price i might have to buy. That is just nutty.

I think I'm going to head back for the Dark Angel sets. Shoulda grabbed em first time but I only had 12 coupons on me...that's ok, I have more now. ;)

Is Angel worth getting, too? I've only seen a few episodes of Buffy, but anytime I can get the full run of the show for the cost of the average box set, I bite.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Is Angel worth getting, too? I've only seen a few episodes of Buffy, but anytime I can get the full run of the show for the cost of the average box set, I bite.[/quote]

I'm a huge Buffy fan, and I totally ignored Angel. I thought the quality of Buffy the Series started to go down once Season 4 began. If I had known Angel was this good, I would have jumped ship.

So for Buffy, my recommendation is get Seasons 1-3. Angel, get the entire series, though Season 4 may be a bit inconsistent.

The coupon wasn't working for me either until I copied and pasted the link in explorer. Link doesn't like firefox I guess.

Hey what size should the print out be the coupon looks humongous on my moniter?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite television series. Definitely worth buying, even at full price. Don't be put off by its silly name and premise; it's truly awesome stuff. Stick with it to season two episode fourteen and you'll be hooked for life.

It's something you have to watch from the first episode on; if you watch it out of order it will seem completely stupid. I remember mocking the show before I seriously sat down and watched it.

Angel is also very good and recommended.

And to the guy that said only get seasons one through three: :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Yes, the show does slow down a bit in season four, although most of that is just when comparing it to season three. Season four does contain some of the best stand-alone episodes, though. And the show goes right back to being great in season five.

Season six is my favorite season. Some of the darkest and grittiest stuff I've ever witnessed, just a complete desolation of every main character. I'm into that type of stuff, though.

But yeah, amazing deal.

I went back to Best Buy tonight ti pick up Dark Angel, and the cashier scanned the coupon and it came up invalid. They called the manager and he pulled so many excuses out of his ass it wasn't even funny. Let's see, I got:

1. It says "Do Not Double" and this is a copy"
2. It says "no copies" here as well, and this is a copy.
3. This coupon is fake.
4. It should be in color.
5. I need the original copy of the entire Fox e-mail/newsletter it came in.

I'm sure there was more, either way, he simply wouldn't budge and kept saying "This should be in color and it's a copy". I told him there was no "original" and I was supposed to print them off, and I told him this repeatedly, but he eventually just walked off.

Not the first time that manager has treated me like a shit.

[quote name='Relentless355']Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite television series. Definitely worth buying, even at full price. Don't be put off by its silly name and premise; it's truly awesome stuff. Stick with it to season two episode fourteen and you'll be hooked for life.

It's something you have to watch from the first episode on; if you watch it out of order it will seem completely stupid. I remember mocking the show before I seriously sat down and watched it.

Angel is also very good and recommended.

And to the guy that said only get seasons one through three: :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Yes, the show does slow down a bit in season four, although most of that is just when comparing it to season three. Season four does contain some of the best stand-alone episodes, though. And the show goes right back to being great in season five.

Season six is my favorite season. Some of the darkest and grittiest stuff I've ever witnessed, just a complete desolation of every main character. I'm into that type of stuff, though.

But yeah, amazing deal.[/quote]

There were a lot of things that I found wrong in Seasons 4-7. I didn't like the big bad in Season 4, thought Riley was completely pointless. Season 5 was a good way of ending the series, but they dragged it out 2 more years. They treated Xander like a joke in the later seasons to the point where he was there just to be there.

For $6 a season, its not a bad deal at all. In fact, I'm thinking about picking up some of the later seasons. But at full price, ($25+ at Amazon, more expensive elsewhere), the later seasons is definitely not worth it. Seasons 4-7 don't hold a candle to Seasons 1-3.

How did the people who got this to work circumvent the 'NO COPIES' clause on the bottom of the coupon? O_O; I don't have the best quality printer and it's pretty obvious when I printed out the coupon that it was a poor scan.. so any help would be appreciated =)

Thanks OP! I was debating these at $16, but having never seen either show I was hesitant. I ended up getting all of Buffy for $44- great deal. I work at BB, so it was no prob to find some high school cashier to put these all through for me. Best of luck to everyone else.

[quote name='Cmosfm']
Not the first time that manager has treated me like a shit.[/QUOTE]

Treated you like shit because the coupon is obviously a copy? Wow.

Your reasons #1-5 fall under the "It's a copy" umbrella.

If I am not mistaken these came in a Best Buy advertisement DVD in their home theater section not too long ago. They were in color and were inside copies of the free DVD.

I'm a huge Firefly fan, but not being a fan AT ALL of Vampire/Occult topics (quite the opposite actually) are these still worth watching?

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']I'm a huge Firefly fan, but not being a fan AT ALL of Vampire/Occult topics (quite the opposite actually) are these still worth watching?[/quote]
The show goes a lot deeper than just vampires and occults. If you've never seen either show...buy Buffy Seasons 1 and 2 (Season 2, if you really enjoy it will most likely get you hooked). Buy Angel: Season 1 to start off. They are definitely worth watching.

Meh, I just realized the only way someone could make it worth their while is if they print out several copies of the coupon and go to several Best Buy stores and buy these seasons.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I went back to Best Buy tonight ti pick up Dark Angel, and the cashier scanned the coupon and it came up invalid. They called the manager and he pulled so many excuses out of his ass it wasn't even funny. Let's see, I got:
[/QUOTE]

I just decided to buy Dark Angel on my way home and it definately works for the show, just show up another time when there's a different manager or employee. They can't work the entire time the store is open.

[quote name='asianxcore']Treated you like shit because the coupon is obviously a copy? Wow.

Your reasons #1-5 fall under the "It's a copy" umbrella.

If I am not mistaken these came in a Best Buy advertisement DVD in their home theater section not too long ago. They were in color and were inside copies of the free DVD.[/QUOTE]

Despite the fact that it was a copy, he treated me like a criminal, and he's done so on several times for several different reasons...even when I tried to get a raincheck for a sale. I'm sick of that place.

dark angel i think was the best of the 3 shows on sale but thats my opinion and once again fox canceled a good show too soon and if you go after school is out and later at night is usually the best becasue they want any sale they can get and at night is mostly high schoolers because best buy policy is they can work as late as possible but as long as they dont go over lik5 hours i think its fine and most of them dont give a shit. i should know i used to work there and still hangout with most of the kids i didn while working there and if you arent a dick they dont care.

[quote name='Animal7390']dark angel i think was the best of the 3 shows on sale but thats my opinion and once again fox canceled a good show too soon and if you go after school is out and later at night is usually the best becasue they want any sale they can get and at night is mostly high schoolers because best buy policy is they can work as late as possible but as long as they dont go over lik5 hours i think its fine and most of them dont give a shit. i should know i used to work there and still hangout with most of the kids i didn while working there and if you arent a dick they dont care.[/quote]

I normally wouldn't say anything because my English isn't great, but what the hell is that?!

The coupon should work on any Fox TV boxset. BB has a separate display up that has most Fox sets in them.

I just bought the entire Buffy run for about $45 after tax, plus seasons 2 & 5 of Angel for $12 and change. Hopefully they'll get 1, 3 & 4 in before the end of the week. I started with just 2 sets to see if it would work. My cashier had no problem with it and let me add the others.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']I'm a huge Firefly fan, but not being a fan AT ALL of Vampire/Occult topics (quite the opposite actually) are these still worth watching?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think you'd really like them. They're really not about vampires or the occult as much as they are about the characters. By that, I mean this isn't Anne Rice type of stuff. Angel is a vampire, but the show hardly dwells on it every episode. They fight vampires, but it isn't like there's a deep mythology you have to keep up with to enjoy.

I would be surprised if you didn't like them, but everyone has different tastes.

bread's done
Back