Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Chosen Collection (Repackaged) (Seasons 1-7) $70.99

Buyer Beware. This might be the repackaged Chosen Collection, not the original Chosen Collection - So, there's no bonus disk, no extra goodies, the repackaged collection is basically the slim sets packaged into a Buffy box; Doesn't even take up less space. Still, its a really good deal if you just want the seasons.

Just got camelcamelcamel'd. Been waiting two years for it to drop in price again...I hope it's not a bad version! :(

I bit on this one finally. My willpower has been 100% sapped this weekend when I decided to pass on a Vizio 55" LED LCD 240hz 1080P HDTV at Sam's Club for $975 (display model).

I'm literally afraid to go back to Sam's anytime this week before someone else buys it.

I personally don't care which version this one is, I've never seen a full episode of Buffy, but chatter is pointing towards it actually being the 40-disc version. I'll post with the info on Wednesday when it arrives.

Okay, my curiousity is piqued. Last week (or the week previous), I picked up the Angel Collection when it was DotD, and also checked on this, but saw it was only being sold by third parties.

How often does this go in and out of stock?

[quote name='Kerig']I bit on this one finally. My willpower has been 100% sapped this weekend when I decided to pass on a Vizio 55" LED LCD 240hz 1080P HDTV at Sam's Club for $975 (display model).

I'm literally afraid to go back to Sam's anytime this week before someone else buys it.

I personally don't care which version this one is, I've never seen a full episode of Buffy, but chatter is pointing towards it actually being the 40-disc version. I'll post with the info on Wednesday when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I recommend getting it if you can. I bought a Samsung LED a couple weeks ago at a local discount store, it was a Costco return (46", the reason on the return label was 'wanted 55 inch'), and I got it for $800. Every time I pop in a blu-ray I fall in love:drool:

[quote name='Kerig']I bit on this one finally. My willpower has been 100% sapped this weekend when I decided to pass on a Vizio 55" LED LCD 240hz 1080P HDTV at Sam's Club for $975 (display model).

I personally don't care which version this one is, I've never seen a full episode of Buffy, but chatter is pointing towards it actually being the 40-disc version. I'll post with the info on Wednesday when it arrives.[/QUOTE]
do yourself a favor and get the TV, netflix has every episode up for stream, throw down 9 bucks for netflix and watch them all on your brand new badass tv.

from the amazon page, just under the new/used/collectable price line

This item has been repackaged and customer images you see may no longer apply to what is received. Buffy: The Complete Series no longer includes the bonus 40th disc.

the 39 disk version looks like a completely different package the 40 disk version, which was more like a tall cube

[quote name='K_G']from the amazon page, just under the new/used/collectable price line

the 39 disk version looks like a completely different package the 40 disk version, which was more like a tall cube[/QUOTE]

Wow, pretty messed up to change that much of the item page after so many orders had been placed (last night, the main image was of the actual Chosen Collection and that "disclaimer" about being repackaged was nowhere in sight). And for what it's worth, the title STILL says "The Chosen Collection". Amazon is really going to get bit in the ass with return shipping on this one.

Honestly I won't return mine but i'll email them and see if they will give me a coupon for their lousy description. Even for just the discs its a great price

[quote name='Brian9824']Honestly I won't return mine but i'll email them and see if they will give me a coupon for their lousy description. Even for just the discs its a great price[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's a good idea. Getting people to pay $70 for "The Chosen Collection" and then shipping something different warrants a $10 refund, I'd say.

Yeah...it's the 39-disc version; just got it. :(

I actually bought my sister the CHOSEN COLLECTION 2 years ago and I don't know which version I like better. This actually seems more economical for a bookshelf, but I dug the two-tone box over this pure red one. I guess it's not a big deal...but it is...!

What was on this mythical bonus disk?

God I love Amazon...if it were a woman I'd like it to have my babies.

Sent an email saying the item I just got didn't match the description...few hours later, boom...$21. I don't know why it's $21, but it's a nice number.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Chosen Collection (Seasons 1-7)
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B000AQ68RI
Reason for refund: Account adjustment

Here's a the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $21.00

Also sent a complaint email. Will update with response.
UPDATE:
"I'm truly sorry to hear that you received the wrong item. I see that we've this "Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Chosen Collection (Seasons 1-7)" in-stock now, so I've replaced the entire set for you at no charge."
The new order in my account shows another of "The Complete Series" as being shipped. We'll see what I actually receive...
2nd UPDATE:
I received a second set of "The Complete Series", wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying their live chat right now. We'll see if this gets me anywhere.

EDIT - Just got into chat. Check out who I'm talking with.
Amazon:Hello, my name is Sthita. I am sorry to hear this from you. 6:06:02 PM
Amazon:Let me check what I can do for you.
What a name, lol.

EDIT 2 - Damn...she's hardly budging on anything. Here's how the rest of the conversation went (I even played my ace in the hole, mentioning that I knew of another customer who received a refund of $21 for the same item).

Amazon:Ok, In that case return the item for a refund. And I will also send you a return mailing label.6:17:24 PM
Amazon:Is it ok.6:17:43 PM
Me
:Well, what about the correct item?6:18:21 PM
Amazon
:place a fresh order of the item you are willing.6:19:20 PM
Me
:So, there's no compensation for Amazon listing the item incorrectly? What if I were to keep it?6:21:14 PM
Amazon
:Lte me check6:24:00 PM
Amazon
:*Let6:24:11 PM
Amazon
:I am sorry for the inconvenience. As an one time exception I am moving ahead and issuing a promo of $10 on your account.6:27:05 PM
Me
:The only reason I ask is because I know of a specific customer who received a refund of $21 on this same item for the same reason. It seems poor business practice to treat one customer differently from the next.6:28:01 PM
Amazon
:I am sorry that's what I can give you. 6:29:13 PM
Me
:All right, if that's all you can do. I suppose that's fine.

I guess $10 is better than nothing. Getting $21 back is a steal though. 7 seasons of Buffy for $50. Crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ndolger']God I love Amazon...if it were a woman I'd like it to have my babies.

Sent an email saying the item I just got didn't match the description...few hours later, boom...$21. I don't know why it's $21, but it's a nice number.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Chosen Collection (Seasons 1-7)
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B000AQ68RI
Reason for refund: Account adjustment

Here's a the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $21.00[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! The 40th disc is worth $21? Ok, who wants to buy mine? :lol:

Aside from the 40th disc and letter, how are the two box sets? Do they include the same extra materials? How about the quality of how they store the DVDs, and how it fits on the shelf?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Aside from the 40th disc and letter, how are the two box sets? Do they include the same extra materials? How about the quality of how they store the DVDs, and how it fits on the shelf?[/QUOTE]

I can't talk about the new set, but the old one is pretty nice. The box is the same height as a standard DVD case, and depending on how you have it on your shelf, it is either slightly longer or much shorter than the width. The top lifts up and the front falls down with the legend of the slayers printed on it. On top is the letter, episode guide booklet, and extra DVD (Which in my 4 years of owning the set I still haven't watched, but I haven't really dove into the bonus features on any of the discs yet.). The remaining 39 discs are in season sets of that clear plastic style with them all attached with tape or something. I like the way they look in the box (The spines are stacked vertically from 1 at the top to 7 at the bottom, forming a pic of Buffy and most cast members from the show's history.), but individually I'm not a fan of that style of packaging. I doubt the new set is better though.

As I mentioned, I haven't watched the bonus features, but I'm pretty sure that the bonus features are the same on both sets, as I can't imagine them making entirely new discs for the repackaged set, and the discs in the first set are taken from the original DVD sets, evident by the different art styles on each season's discs and menu styles.

I'm pretty happy with the set overall. Unless you are a huge, huge fan of the show, and I imagine if you were you would have bought the first set already, I doubt it's that important to have the extra disc. So buy away people! We won't get our Ripper spinoff if people don't support the series!

Not the same package, but did anyone else take advantage of when they had the regular season 1-7 sets for $26.99 about a week after the set discussed in this thread was on sale for $70?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006IO778

I decided to order it despite already having purchased the other set a week earlier, just because it was so cheap. I hope it ships.

[quote name='lmz00']Not the same package, but did anyone else take advantage of when they had the regular season 1-7 sets for $26.99 about a week after the set discussed in this thread was on sale for $70?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006IO778

I decided to order it despite already having purchased the other set a week earlier, just because it was so cheap. I hope it ships.[/QUOTE]

I jumped. Bought it as a gift. No sipping notice yet though. We'll see in about a week according to my account page.

bread's done
Back