Building a new PC need parts advice

Chrono Gear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (96%)
I've decided to build a new machine basically from the ground up. I just ordered Windows 7 Pro and Office 2010 from Microsoft and I have a new solid state boot drive ready to go. Other than that I'm looking at getting a new just about everything else. I've got all my peripherals (monitors, keyboard, mouse, speakers etc.) so I'm really looking for sure for a new board and processor and RAM and I might need a new video card as well (mine isn't that old so I may bring it into the new system for now). I would like to upgrade my tower as it is very very old and in need of being retired but those are typically super expensive so I have avoided it for the last 3-4 rebuilds.

Looking for suggestions for the best I can get for the cheapest I can get naturally so I figured I'd inquire here. I've been building systems every couple of years since about '91 so I'm very familiar and can probably answer more detailed questions if need be. Any advice would be fantastic. Thanks guys!

Wrong forum to post this question at. Try looking at hardforum, anandtech, tomshardware , etc.

Not saying people don't build their own pc's (I do for one), but almost everyone builds their own pcs there and the resources are already posted there.

My knowledge base for components is outdated from ~1.5 years ago so I wouldn't be of any help.

bread's done
Back