Bully 360 for $19.99 @ Amazon

Great game! Think of GTA-style gameplay but with slingshots & bicycles instead of guns and cars. Also, you go to class. I had a blast with this game, although this isn't the best price I've seen (used for $14.99 @ BBV so only $7.50 back when they had a B1G1) but still worth $20, imo.

A blast if you like sandbox games. Spectacular soundtrack, good beat'em'up action. Awesome exploration. I bought this for $20 on PS2 and I bought it day one when the Wii version came out, and I ALMOST bought the PC version too because that's how much I love this game irrationally.

My love IS irrational though, but $20 is definitely worth your money. I heard the 360 game had crashing issues, but I believe those have been patched.

Just a tip: After you do the mission to help the nerd become class president, the Jocks will from then on engage you on sight. This makes gym class and the entire football field a hellhole that you'll only be able to explore running at full speed away from an ass-kicking. You won't get a chance to repair this breach of relations until almost at the end of the game. It isn't a tremendous pain in the ass (You can take a full complement of Jocks, but damn if it isn't a tough fight, and one that you're likely to repeat if you aren't careful.), but if you want an easier time hunting for collectibles on jock turf, try to shake that region down before you piss off the jocks.

Game is awesome, well worth $20 but I think it has been cheaper, so if you have a backlog you may benefit from waiting.

I loved playing through Bully, it's a lot of fun and the missions are great.

[quote name='luckyali']How's the game, any reviews? I almost purchased it, but didn't know a lot about the game itself.[/quote]
The story and characters are great, and the game has more then a few mechanics that are really fun. I think it's a great game to get at $19.99, but be prepared for a game that has one foot in the last generation's graphics and is very buggy.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm pretty sure it's been $20 for a while.[/quote]

I believe so too because I picked it up for $20 at Walmart about 6 months ago.

[quote name='SadExchange82']I believe so too because I picked it up for $20 at Walmart about 6 months ago
pixel.gif

[/quote]

Hehe yes been this price for a while at a few venues, however if you got prime its always worth picking up @ amazon.

[quote name='newlu']Have all the bugs been fixed?[/QUOTE]
All the bugs I encountered in the PS2 version weren't encountered in the 360 version if that helps? I didn't think it was buggy when I played it. Very enjoyable game.

[quote name='One4Deuce']All the bugs I encountered in the PS2 version weren't encountered in the 360 version if that helps? I didn't think it was buggy when I played it. Very enjoyable game.[/quote]
I played through the 360 version, and I encountered more then a few bugs when I played it. The majority of them were not mission related, but there were few related to the missions.

For instance, I found on the mission that requires you to take photots of the cheating greaser girl and her lover that they would constantly get screwed up with the traffic. I saw them walk into walls and get stuck temopary multiple times, and in one case they actually got stuck in the middle of the street permemetatly, which required me to restart the game. Another buggy mission I encountered was the bike race with the greasers, I had to restart the mission a few times because I got stuck in invisible geometry.

The majority of the bugs I've encountered seemed to be related to path finding and collision detection. None of them I would consider game breaking or enough to steer someone away from buying the game, but I do consider them annoying.

I bought this game at GS a while back and its a pretty fun game. As others have said, its nothing groundbreaking, but $20 is a decent price.

The definitive version of an insanely fun game! Worth every penny! I had this on PS2 when it first came out but the horrid framerate, and the fact that I had become used to 360 graphics, made it hard for me to get into. I was thrilled when it came out for 360!

For people that miss the GTA: San Andreas style gameplay, this is the closest you will get to that, other than Saints Row 2. Highly Recommended! You will encounter some minor bugs here and there, but what do you expect from a PS2 port? Still hoping for a sequel!

A very, very, very good game, in my opinion...right on that verge of being great. Beat it twice on the PS2 and once on the 360. A really fun and different experience.

$18.99 at deepdiscount, with no need for prime. It's been $20 for a while at amazon. I'm waiting for $15 or $10.

Picked it up for $15 at CC (RIP). Already own the PS2 version but I'm hoping extra content, patches and better graphics will make it worth it.

I loved this game on the PS2. I'd consider picking up this version if they ever got around to fixing all the bugs in it.

Got it at BBV used for $15. Played some of it and it is fun and has enough different activities that it didn't get boring. Love the jump into the can and the trash can cam to see if the coast is clear.

Great game. I was shocked at how much I loved it. some of the conventions like time management really changed the way sandbox titles could be constructed. love it.

[quote name='Gertle627']Great game! Think of GTA-style gameplay but with slingshots & bicycles instead of guns and cars. Also, you go to class. I had a blast with this game, although this isn't the best price I've seen (used for $14.99 @ BBV so only $7.50 back when they had a B1G1) but still worth $20, imo.[/QUOTE]

Picked mine up from Sams awhile back for $12.00 and change. :)

Yeah I got this game on release, and played thru it nonstop. For $20 it's a good deal, but if you fish around you might be able to find something sliiightly better.

Great game. Kept hearing it was a bad port but I had no problems and enjoyed it a lot more the most 360 games. Looked great and controlled great also. Only frustration might have been dissecting class and load times which probably is lessened by installing it.

I hope it gets a sequel. The seasons were so awesome. Best Christmas and Halloween in a game ever.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Great game. Kept hearing it was a bad port but I had no problems and enjoyed it a lot more the most 360 games. Looked great and controlled great also. Only frustration might have been dissecting class and load times which probably is lessened by installing it.

I hope it gets a sequel. The seasons were so awesome. Best Christmas and Halloween in a game ever.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think it was the greatest port ever. I believe they released a patch that fixed most of the issues. When I played, I still ran into some bugs, mostly concerning achievements. But it was basically just that an achievement would unlock awhile after you did it. No big deal.

And yes, the use of seasons as chapters/levels in Bully was really cool. Halloween night was a blast.

I bought this on sale over the holidays. Played through the first chapter or two, and then ended up trading it in--it just never really clicked for me.

I'm a big "open-world" genre fan. Bully gets "bullied" (heh) for being "GTA-lite", but it's just as good as any of Rockstar's other offerings. The 360 version is the definitive version. Overall a great game and well worth $20. I bought it for $50 when it came out last March. Worth every penny.

The soundtrack is awesome too. Like something out of a 1980's Tim Burton or John Hughes flick.

Don't recall seeing it at any of my Targets in a while. Post above indicating that it was on clearance suggests chances are slim.

Great game.

You will definitely get your monies worth in it. I got it at the old MSRP and enjoyed it alot finished it out and loved every minute of it.

I'll also throw my opinion into the fray... basically, I think Bully is one of the best games of the last five years. Rockstar really worked to create a compelling story and world, and the result is just spectacular. Unlike most of these open-world games, where the missions soon become tediously repetitive and I end up just driving around and harassing people, Bully has so much variety and creativity in its missions that you really will keep playing just to see what insanity comes next.

On top of that, because the game world is small, the graphics are fantastic and you never feel like you're lost (like in some of the GTAs after GTA3). If you played this on PS2 and you think it's just a straight port, you owe it to yourself to see the carnival section of the game at night time, because it really shows off just what the game is capable of.

One note, however: DO NOT UPDATE THE GAME! There is a single update/patch for the game, but it has been known to do more bad than good. I've had the game for over a year now, and I can clearly state that you do not need to update it... there are no bugs of note in the original release.

[quote name='zenintrude']I'll also throw my opinion into the fray... basically, I think Bully is one of the best games of the last five years. Rockstar really worked to create a compelling story and world, and the result is just spectacular. Unlike most of these open-world games, where the missions soon become tediously repetitive and I end up just driving around and harassing people, Bully has so much variety and creativity in its missions that you really will keep playing just to see what insanity comes next.

On top of that, because the game world is small, the graphics are fantastic and you never feel like you're lost (like in some of the GTAs after GTA3). If you played this on PS2 and you think it's just a straight port, you owe it to yourself to see the carnival section of the game at night time, because it really shows off just what the game is capable of.

One note, however: DO NOT UPDATE THE GAME! There is a single update/patch for the game, but it has been known to do more bad than good. I've had the game for over a year now, and I can clearly state that you do not need to update it... there are no bugs of note in the original release.[/quote]really? i thought the bug fixed all the crashing and what not that shipped with the game. i've only heard good things until now

I had a few freezes but I loved this game! Think gta without killing and driving cars(iyou can skateboard or bike around town). The school class mini games are a bunch of fun but can be a bit challenging. Make sure you do the Halloween prank! All the various mini games were fun including the arcade ones. Game has a great sense of humor if your removed from High School several years you'll feel much nostalgia.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']really? i thought the bug fixed all the crashing and what not that shipped with the game. i've only heard good things until now[/QUOTE]

"On Thursday 20 March, a patch was released via Xbox Live (v1.03), but there are reports which claim the problems have continued or worsened after patching.[51] The problems included audio issues, animation issues, and inability to complete Music classes due to differences between the Wii and Xbox 360 controllers. The most prevalent and common problem with the game is the unexplained freezing of the console, but not music being played on a connected mp3 player or hard drive. GameSpot, a game review website which bases its reviews on the initial public release, took the glitches into account and marked the 360 version of the Scholarship Edition down to a 7/10,[52] a full point lower than the Wii version, which received an 8.[53]"

I'd say, don't patch it unless you have problems... no reason to fix what may not be broken.

Multiple times when I was playing the game, my character fell down and became stuck in the falling animation. All I could do was reload my last save. Other than that I didn't experience any problems at all.

I bought the game on clearance at Fry's a while back and enjoyed it quite a bit. Felt different than anything I had played in a while, even though it was another open world game.

Also, Rebel FM is doing this game as their next gameclub game, which is a great way to play along and hear other peoples views on what the game has to offer.

bread's done
Back