Bully on the 360 and wii

ryanbph

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=255607

Rockstar Games announces Bully: Scholarship Edition for the Xbox 360[SIZE=-1]™[/SIZE] and Wii[SIZE=-1]™[/SIZE]

New York, NY - July 19, 2007 - Rockstar Games is proud to announce that Bully: Scholarship Edition is coming to the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo this Winter.

Both the Wii and Xbox 360 versions will retain the wit and deep gameplay of the previously released PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system title and will boast additional new content. Bully: Scholarship Edition takes place in the fictional New England boarding school of Bullworth Academy, and tells the story of 15-year-old Jimmy Hopkins as he experiences the highs and lows of adjusting to a new school. Capturing the hilarity and awkwardness of adolescence perfectly, Bully: Scholarship Edition pulls the player into its cinematic and engrossing world. Universally acclaimed upon first release, Bully: Scholarship Edition is a genre-crossing action game with a warmth and pathos that is unrivaled.

Bully received a perfect "10/10" from Electronic Gaming Monthly and 1up.com and was heralded as "a great, well-crafted action game that has one of the best senses of humor around" by IGN.com. USA Today called it "a fantastic debut title by Rockstar Vancouver." The San Francisco Chronicle wrote "Bully has no shortage of creative energy, offering an immersive boarding school experience that is imaginative, funny and filled with surprises."

Come and explore the zealous joy, mirth, and torment of youth with Jimmy Hopkins and Bully: Scholarship Edition when enrollment commences this Winter.

For more information about Bully: Scholarship Edition please visit www.rockstargames.com/bully.

Whoa, nobody reported this yet on my Google Reader list. And I have Kotaku AND Joystiq, so I expect even whispers of Rumors fetched to me ASAP.

Generally, Rockstar games, without exception, provide a fascinating couple of hours of gameplay before getting redundant to me. Yet, Bully is one game that I have not yet tried, and have heard really good things about. If it is on Wii, I'm more than likely to check it out to see what it is all about.

The most interesting thing for me, however, was that the total body count in the game is ZERO. And I recall a great story about Jack Thomspon really getting "owned" by a judge who reviewed the game in question.

Rented on the Ps2 and enjoyed it. Some of the "class" segments and certain missions were annoying as hell, but overall the game was sorely overlooked. Hopefully it'll pull an RE4 Wii and be released at $30 or less.

*Quietly hums the Bully exploration bass guitar track.*

Dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum. Dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum...

Wow, what's up with Rockstar these days? :lol:

Anyway, I have a sealed PS2 version that I got for $20. I may just dump that now before it goes GH and wait for either of those other 2 versions. It's not like I was going to play it any time soon (though I considered it briefly just the other day, actually - glad I didn't crack it open).

I considered buying a PS2 so I could play Bully...I was that intrigued by it. But I didn't bite. Happy to hear that it's finally coming to the 360.

I wonder if we can look forward to Bulworth Academy Stories for the PSP? :)

^ Lol. That wouldn't surprise me.

Looks like I can knock it off my PS2 Want List and just rent it on the 360.

Glad to see Rockstar expanding their options. Wonder why they weren't developing Manhunt 2 for the 360... not that it's getting released anytime soon.

[quote name='io']Wow, what's up with Rockstar these days? :lol:[/quote]
port of a best-selling PS2 game + motion control + a console that flies off the shelves = dolla dolla bills yo

Woah. I was really looking forward to this game and then they released it for the PS2 only. I will definitely be interested in the Wii version...so long as it's a good port...and waggle isn't included solely for the sake of waggle.

With Rockstar releasing 3 games for the Wii, GTA has to come next, but it will probably be something like a port of a PSP GTA title. A GTA: San Andreas Stories for the PSP and Wii seems likely.

[quote name='dothog']I'll get it if it releases with an MSRP similar to RE4: Wii Edition. Otherwise I'll wait until it's a value title.[/quote]I'll do that as well.

I've never played the PS2 version, but it was on my Gamefly queue. Now I'll just wait for the wii version instead.

I actually own the PS2 version and got around close to halfway in it. I always wanted to come back and finish the game, but now since it is coming out on the Wii, I don't have to yet. Can't wait to see what they add and hopefully for $40 or less.

Originally the game was to get an XBox port, this is even better. Hopefully there will be a nice graphical improvement along with some sort of bonus'.

bread's done
Back