Bunch of new games come out this week. Any good prices??

DomLando

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Tales of Legendia, Arena Football, Winning Eleven 9, Chibi Robo, Drill Dozer, and Resident Evil DS all come out this week. Any good prices on any of them??

[quote name='Madskills1182']Tales of Legendia, Arena Football, Winning Eleven 9, Chibi Robo, Drill Dozer, and Resident Evil DS all come out this week. Any good prices on any of them??[/QUOTE]

The Fry's ad will set you free.

At least, that's what I'm guessing.

Chibi-Robo got horrible reviews.
Most of the ads in the paper are for chick flicks since it's the weekend before Valentine's Day. I think we'll get some fat deals next Sunday to make up for this garbage.

[quote name='Madskills1182']No Fry's by me.[/QUOTE]

Me neither. I price match the ad. You should be able to find scans of the ad online if you don't get the ad in your paper -- it's worked for me before.

[quote name='Chacrana']Me neither. I price match the ad. You should be able to find scans of the ad online if you don't get the ad in your paper -- it's worked for me before.[/QUOTE]
What store did you price match the ad in?
And where did you get the ad to price match?

[quote name='Madskills1182']What store did you price match the ad in?
And where did you get the ad to price match?[/QUOTE]

I've pricematched at Circuit City (they give you an additional 10% off of Fry's price) and Best Buy (they just match the price.)

The ad... hmmm.... I believe that it's usually posted in the "Post a deal" forum, but don't quote me on that. I haven't needed to use that in a while.

[quote name='depascal22']I just read that one too. I guess the reviews are all over the place. Game Informer hated it. So it seems like this will be a love it or hate it game.[/QUOTE]

Game Informer is the outlier on the low end:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/cube/chibirobo

Metacritic has it (as of this post) as an average of 75/100, which is pretty good. All the other reviews (besides Game Informer) are 70 or better. Considering I got this as a $30 preorder at GR I'm happy with my purchase. Probably wouldn't pay $50 for it though. Toys R Us had some coupons in store for it the other day - just $5 off, but if you really want the game that might be worth checking out.

Now of course reviews are subjective and the such but out of the "big" magazines, Game Informer's reivews ranks pretty low in the "credibility" and "respectability" department in my opinion and the opinion of many others. Especially after that Paper Mario debacle. Of course, anybody who is looking to learn about a game should read MANY reviews + impressions, check out videos + screenshots, etc and not rely on any one source. That' the only way you can form a good informed opinion.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Thats news to me.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/685/685694p1.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link - I think I might give this one a shot w/ some of my Rhino credit. I have plenty to spare, and if I don't like it I can always return it there. But I'm a sucker for "weird" games, so I have a feeling this might be right up my alley. ;)

As far as Tales is concerned, keep in mind that you get the artbook if you preorder it from GS/EB. I checked last week, and the artbook for Tales of Symphonia is going for $50 on Ebay. No guarantee this one will be as limited a print or as sought-after, but still if you have an interest in the book it would probably be wise to go ahead & pick it up from one of those stores.

I have Tales preordered just for the artbook. And I have to agree on Game Informer being pretty much the worst source for reviews. They usually rip apart Nintendo games also. If you actually read there reviews and not just look at the score you will laugh at how badly written they are.
Anyways still looking for some good prices....

[quote name='Crocodile']Now of course reviews are subjective and the such but out of the "big" magazines, Game Informer's reivews ranks pretty low in the "credibility" and "respectability" department in my opinion and the opinion of many others. Especially after that Paper Mario debacle. Of course, anybody who is looking to learn about a game should read MANY reviews + impressions, check out videos + screenshots, etc and not rely on any one source. That' the only way you can form a good informed opinion.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, the other guy put one positive review down. I bring up one negative review and I'm the dumbass that doesn't read many different sources? Please, I've seen some other sources and no one has said this is the greatest game of all time. Most seem to be in the from the sixties to the eighties. I don't know about you, but with all the games out there, I don't waste time with a game that ranks around there if it doesn't pique my interest. I quoted Game Informer because I like the magazine. I don't agree with all the review scores but then again, I don't agree with many subjective media reviews. If you want to play a house cleaning game, be my guest, just don't say I didn't warn you.

So a score in the 70's or 80's means it's a flop? Some of the best games of this generation were scored in that range...Phoenix Wright, Killer7, Beyond Good & Evil, the Monkey Ball games, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles...

Not one of the reviews I've read so far has taken enough time to praise the game's soundtrack. Not only is it "good," it's great: I can honestly say without any qualms that it beats Chrono Cross. Yes, music doesn't necessarily affect the gameplay, but the reviews would rather focus on the bad than the good unless the game is the reviewer's favorite thing since sliced bread.

It's a shame that as gaming becomes more popular, more and more people are judging their purchases exclusively by review scores. Yes, they matter to an extent, but they should be secondary to your own opinion from the previews.

I like how this topic turned into an argue about reviews topic when i was looking for cheap prices on this weeks new releases

[quote name='rodeojones903']Thats news to me.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/685/685694p1.html[/QUOTE]

Something about cleaning up a house just doesn't sound like a good video game...I'd rather shoot stuff and save the world instead of cleaning up after a family.

Tales of Legendia is looking pretty interesting....whoever gets it be sure to post some impressions :)

I thought Tales of Symphonia was underrated by quite a few critics... I actually really liked the combat and loved the game overall... Legendia seems to have gotten pretty solid reviews so far, so it's gotta be worth buying.

Sorry for thread jacking, Madskills. I was just relaying that I hadn't heard good reviews about Chibi-Robo. I'm sorry if I offended everyone by bringing in the dreaded review scores for your beloved games. I also like some games that aren't highly rated, but I've found that those games are just aimed at weirdos like me. What can I say, I actually liked Whacked! Chibi-Robo is one of those games. It's a niche title that's meant to be so far out of the mainstream, people will pick it up out of curiosity. That doesn't mean I have to like it.

From what I can tell, there aren't many game sales since Valentine's is coming up. I suspect some of these games will go on sale next weekend.

And no, a game in the seventies and eighties aren't flops, but with my huge backlog, I'm looking to only buy the truly great games right now. When the price hits 10 bucks, all bets are off. I'll buy almost anything but a sports title at that price. I'd rather pay 20 bucks for Devil May Cry 3:SE and throw 30 bucks down on MGS:Subsistance than pay 50 bucks for a game where I'm a robot vacuuming up and cleaning the house. I clean up after a four year old already. When I play games, I need to blow some shit up. If Chibi-Robo is your cup of tea, I've got a nice apartment I need to get cleaned. I'll even pay you to clean this shit up. Please don't pay for a game where you gotta clean shit up. Save the money, buy beer, and clean up your own damn place. Maybe a woman will even come over.

[quote name='depascal22']Wait a minute, the other guy put one positive review down. I bring up one negative review and I'm the dumbass that doesn't read many different sources? Please, I've seen some other sources and no one has said this is the greatest game of all time. Most seem to be in the from the sixties to the eighties. I don't know about you, but with all the games out there, I don't waste time with a game that ranks around there if it doesn't pique my interest. I quoted Game Informer because I like the magazine. I don't agree with all the review scores but then again, I don't agree with many subjective media reviews. If you want to play a house cleaning game, be my guest, just don't say I didn't warn you.[/QUOTE]

Why the hell are you taking this personally? I never ONCE saide anything negative towards you. Nor is their any reason for you to apologize to anyobdy, you offended nobody. You said the game got a bad review so, since good ones exsist, it's only natural people will counter. This is the nature of debate. When I was saying one should look at multiple reviews I wasn't even talking to you I was talking in general. One good nor one bad review, IMO, is enough to get a fair assesment of a game. That's all I'm saying. Well that and I don't put much credence in GI reviews but that didn't stem from me trying to advocate Chibi-Robo but more from the fact I've disagreed with many of their reviews in the past.

[quote name='Crocodile']Why the hell are you taking this personally? I never ONCE saide anything negative towards you. Nor is their any reason for you to apologize to anyobdy, you offended nobody. You said the game got a bad review so, since good ones exsist, it's only natural people will counter. This is the nature of debate. When I was saying one should look at multiple reviews I wasn't even talking to you I was talking in general. One good nor one bad review, IMO, is enough to get a fair assesment of a game. That's all I'm saying. Well that and I don't put much credence in GI reviews but that didn't stem from me trying to advocate Chibi-Robo but more from the fact I've disagreed with many of their reviews in the past.[/QUOTE]

It's all good man. Guess I was just trying to go out of my way to look stupid....Hahaha. Nah, I was just in a fighting mood.

Nice rebuttal. I agree with checking out multiple sources.

On top of all that, I still don't under why the hell people want to play a game where you vacuum. My offer still stands for vacuuming my crib. I'll even pay you.

bread's done
Back