Bungie: Destiny

iRandom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
271 (100%)

Official site: http://www.destinythegame.com/

Welcome to Destiny

From the creators of Halo® and the publisher of Call of Duty® comes Destiny™, the next evolution of entertainment. With an unprecedented variety of FPS gameplay, Destiny is an incredible story set within a newly-imagined, always-connected universe filled with action and adventure.

In Destiny, you are a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth. You must defend the City. Defeat our enemies. And reclaim all that we have lost.

Background

traveler_542.jpg

Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. It sparked a Golden Age when our civilization spanned the solar system, but it didn't last. Something hit us, knocked us down. The survivors built a city beneath the Traveler, and have begun to explore our old worlds, only to find them filled with deadly foes.
You are a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Defend the City. Defeat our enemies. Reclaim all that we have lost.
Be brave.

Key Features
fireteam_542.jpg

The next evolution of entertainment — an incredible story set within a newly-imagined, always-connected universe filled with action and adventure.
Create your character, forge your legend by defeating powerful foes, and earn unique and customizable weapons, gear, and vehicles.
Unprecedented variety of FPS gameplay, including story, cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes combined with public and social activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Commitment for 10 years, that's pretty serious. I have high hopes for this game/series. I heard they have 350 people working on this at bungie.

This seems like a rather daunting game/project... I'm not a huge fan of games that rely heavily on online play since those games are only enjoyable to the extent of the online community itself (and whether one still exists).

[quote name='Vinny']This seems like a rather daunting game/project... I'm not a huge fan of games that rely heavily on online play since those games are only enjoyable to the extent of the online community itself (and whether one still exists).[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I don't think that will be an issue with a Bungie game.

[quote name='Leaptrade']That and you can still play it single player.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read you can only play it online. If there is no online it won't work.

I was reading on slashdot that said the game would be 10 books. I'm not sure if that means there will be 10 DVDs to purchase of added content? Or does that mean 10 add ons. If the game is always online will you have purchase the addons to continue playing? Maybe if you only have book 1 you will just not be able to access the add on content. Let's hope it's that way.

They better not screw this game up it's the most interesting title I've seen.

Preordered this earlier at GameStop, they are handing out a big 2 sided poster with it, but only currently taking orders on 360 and PS3, the posters really cool looking though so I figured I'd throw 5 bucks down for a game that's not gonna be out for a while.

bread's done
Back