Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

Every time I see a commercial for this contest, it feels like the King is laughing in my face.

(And every time I see someone griping about shipping when they've won with multiple accounts *coughArucard04cough* I feel like being the world is spiting me for being an honest person)

It would be cheaper if you assume they are trying to weed out the bot wins from the legitimate. It sounds logical in theory, so I would accept it as what they are intending. I kinda figured that was going to be the case anyways, especially since most winners haven't gotten their shipping info yet and it ends tomorrow.

I won using 8 accounts. 1 for myself, 1 for my wife, and all my family members. If it doesn't come its my fault. I've learned that you can't get to upset when you don't play by the rules and your prize doesn't ship. Aka club bing.

The rules say one account per person, not per household or computer. There's no way to verify that, as you could very realistically have 84 people playing legitimately from the same computer, and even more certainly, two different people are going to have the same name. The only thing unique to every account is the phone number which, even then, is not used to verify anything.

Having said that, though, if you aren't me I don't want you to win.

[quote name='A Gamer']Yes. You can "win" using the same code six times a day, every day. Whether or not you will actually get the prize is still not known, since they havn't shipped any prizes since we discovered that you could re-use the same codes.[/QUOTE]

They're sending out duplicate codes all the time, so if for some reason they don't work, someone somewhere is gonna be pissed.

[quote name='Survivalism']The rules say one account per person, not per household or computer. There's no way to verify that, as you could very realistically have 84 people playing legitimately from the same computer, and even more certainly, two different people are going to have the same name. The only thing unique to every account is the phone number which, even then, is not used to verify anything.

Having said that, though, if you aren't me I don't want you to win.

They're sending out duplicate codes all the time, so if for some reason they don't work, someone somewhere is gonna be pissed.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I said a few posts ago.

[quote name='Survivalism']They're sending out duplicate codes all the time, so if for some reason they don't work, someone somewhere is gonna be pissed.[/QUOTE]
Yep. I agree...

And somewhere back in this thread I posted just that. Course, since they haven't shipped any of the wins where people used the same code over and over, we don't know if it actually matters. We can speculate. But we just don't have any facts.

There are a lot of things we don't know... For all we know, they may end up shipping all of the wins, even for the people that bot'd with hundreds or thousands of accounts on the same IP address using the same code(s).

Until they start to ship, we won't know. Which could very well be part of the plan. Cheaters can't compensate if they don't know what is or is not being caught -- or if anything is being caught at all.

[quote name='super_dawn']...another loss today. :( I get one more chance at losing tomorrow. I will almost be glad when this contest is done...gives me a headache.[/QUOTE]

That's what I said to myself 3 days ago, but I kept trying...and...won!!

[quote name='super_dawn']...another loss today. :( I get one more chance at losing tomorrow. I will almost be glad when this contest is done...gives me a headache.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you completely. I've played it fair, by the books, one account and only one account, every day but one throughout the contest, and have nothing to show for it. Six more tries and the pain is done. lol

[quote name='Himypiedie']That's exactly what I said a few posts ago.[/QUOTE]

It was boring when you said it. When I said it, it was fascinating.

I just won.

I wish this deal came to an end already, cant resist the temptation and am sick of losing not winning anything. fuck this. LOL

dv8mad did not win exactly as predicted. I give you all this picture of myself as a fitting end to my journey.

Nostradamus%201.jpg

[quote name='m3g4t0ky0']After playing on and off since the beginning, my losing streak comes to an end. I... LOST! Congrats to me![/QUOTE]

Same here, I've lost although it DID tell me that I can play again tomorrow like it always does. I guess they didn't program that loser page for the possibility that the game will end.

So I won on the mobile site and completed inputting my address, then i went to login to my yahoo account and yahoo deactivated it! so i reactivated it but I havent recieved a confirmation email :( am I screwed?

[quote name='fatboyjam']I just won the consolation prize - last day and I never have to play this fucking game again![/QUOTE]

:lol:

I was really hoping for some last day luck, since the HonorTheCode promo crashed and burned two days back.

Still have a couple plays left today...

ahh yes last day and nothing. played this game legit from the beginning, didn't pay off. goodbye to this contest forever!!! good riddance.

Thanks op, I was really worried but after sleeping I am pretty sure I'm good cuz I completed the claim form. Btw I won at 2:08 am pacific this morning using the same code for all six tries every night at 2am.

I won yesterday around 9 in the morning (Arizona time, which is Mountain at the moment). Used the same code that day 6 times in a row and won on the last one. I've been using the same 6 codes I got in my original email for that past month, and finally won on the last day!

By the by, I played "legit". Both my wife and I had an account with different emails, though we used the same computer.

[quote name='StellarWiid']So I won on the mobile site and completed inputting my address, then i went to login to my yahoo account and yahoo deactivated it! so i reactivated it but I havent recieved a confirmation email :( am I screwed?[/QUOTE]
Don't worry about it. As previously discussed in this very thread, the email is just a notice to you -- no further action required. It comes from an unattended email account, so even if your message bounces back as undeliverable, it won't matter.

[quote name='StellarWiid']So I won on the mobile site and completed inputting my address, then i went to login to my yahoo account and yahoo deactivated it! so i reactivated it but I havent recieved a confirmation email :( am I screwed?[/QUOTE]
From the prize page it said if I had any questions I could contact them at [email protected]. You could always email them and tell them you never got a confirmation email.

[quote name='sir-fly']...
any pics of the prizes yet?[/QUOTE]
I won on 11/04 and it shipped out 11/11 (pics).

The prizes won the first week (11/01 thru 11/05) were shipped out on 11/10 and 11/11. They haven't shipped any since.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']From the prize page it said if I had any questions I could contact them at [email protected]. You could always email them and tell them you never got a confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='A Gamer']Don't worry about it. As previously discussed in this very thread, the email is just a notice to you -- no further action required. It comes from an unattended email account, so even if your message bounces back as undeliverable, it won't matter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I was scared for a minute. Ill email them if I don't hear anything from them in the next couple weeks.

[quote name='typical guy']Same here, I've lost although it DID tell me that I can play again tomorrow like it always does. I guess they didn't program that loser page for the possibility that the game will end.[/QUOTE]
When I played today (after 1am Eastern), it didn't tell me that I could play again tomorrow.

[quote name='A Gamer']I won on 11/04 and it shipped out 11/11 (pics).

The prizes won the first week (11/01 thru 11/05) were shipped out on 11/10 and 11/11. They haven't shipped any since.[/QUOTE]
wow nice stuff, i am so happy i won the bundle

[quote name='HydroX']Last day to lose... at least I will get one victory: No more depressing losses.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I have a couple plays left, so I'm just waiting until I have that gut feeling that it is the time to lose.

It may seem superstitious, but my gut hasn't let me down since the first day this promo began.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Same here.

I have a couple plays left, so I'm just waiting until I have that gut feeling that it is the time to lose.

It may seem superstitious, but my gut hasn't let me down since the first day this promo began.[/QUOTE]

So your saying that your gut tells you when to lose?

[quote name='A Gamer']Your incorrect email address is most likely a non-issue... But that is not what would concern me... Unless you used proxies/VPN for each of those accounts, I would not count my prize(s) just yet.

We will have a better idea when they ship out their next batch if any anti-bot validation/verification was implemented in addition to the captchas. Disqualifying based on multiple accounts from a single IP address would be easy to implement, especially if they were waiting for the promotion to end in order to validate all of the accounts/entries. The bots were creating hundreds or thousands of accounts using a single IP address, so it would seem like a quick-n-easy way to detect/disqualify bots.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they will ban because of IP address, because what if people were playing legitamatley from a wifi hotspot (Like some Burger Kings)? Wouldn't everyone that played there have the same IP address?

[quote name='dabsac80']I don't think they will ban because of IP address, because what if people were playing legitamatley from a wifi hotspot (Like some Burger Kings)? Wouldn't everyone that played there have the same IP address?[/QUOTE]
well i used 2 emails and only played like 1 time a week if that.. this contest was to boring to make mult. accounts to use

i felt like if it was going to happen it would, and it did today..

I have a code from a Burger King drink that my girlfriend and I bought on our 11 month anniversary. If it doesn't win, I am going to stab the King in his smiling face.

And, this may have been asked before, but does the code itself matter? Or is it just the time at which you enter? Does any code have a greater chance of winning than another (i.e. "winning" and "non-winning" codes)?

Wow, I just won my second one. Can't believe it.

I stopped playing after I won my first, but decided to give it one more try on the last day. Glad I did. I hope they don't decide to disqualify people that won more than one.

[quote name='dabsac80']I don't think they will ban because of IP address, because what if people were playing legitamatley from a wifi hotspot (Like some Burger Kings)? Wouldn't everyone that played there have the same IP address?[/QUOTE]
Yes. They would all have the same IP. So would people in a dorm, office building, and possibly even some apartment buildings. However, due to the way the bots were creating hundreds or thousands of accounts from the same IP address, I would see that as an easy way to filter out the cheaters. Obviously they can use some limit, such as 5 or 10 accounts per IP address are legitimately possible, but hundreds or thousands? Not so much. And, until they start shipping again, we won't know either way.

[quote name='Blade']I have a code from a Burger King drink that my girlfriend and I bought on our 11 month anniversary. If it doesn't win, I am going to stab the King in his smiling face.

And, this may have been asked before, but does the code itself matter? Or is it just the time at which you enter? Does any code have a greater chance of winning than another (i.e. "winning" and "non-winning" codes)?[/QUOTE]
The codes don't matter. You can use the same code 6x a day, every day, and still get the winning forms. There is one prize in every 15 minute period, randomly pre-determined within that 15 minute period. You need to be the first person to submit your code on or after that predetermined time. With this many people participating, it is really just luck.

[quote name='jaddavie']Wow, I just won my second one. Can't believe it.

I stopped playing after I won my first, but decided to give it one more try on the last day. Glad I did. I hope they don't decide to disqualify people that won more than one.[/QUOTE]
As long as you had it ship to someone different from the first win, you should be fine. The promotion is limited to 1 win per person. If you filled out the exact same name/address for the second one, then you may not get it. Course, we really don't know if they are taking any measures at this point, so it may ship either way.

[quote name='A Gamer']As long as you had it ship to someone different from the first win, you should be fine. The promotion is limited to 1 win per person. If you filled out the exact same name/address for the second one, then you may not get it. Course, we really don't know if they are taking any measures at this point, so it may ship either way.[/QUOTE]

Used the same name, didn't have a choice when putting in an address after winning, but I did ship it to my parent's house.

It would be nice to get two, but I do hope I at least get one.

[quote name='jaddavie']Wow, I just won my second one. Can't believe it.

I stopped playing after I won my first, but decided to give it one more try on the last day. Glad I did. I hope they don't decide to disqualify people that won more than one.[/QUOTE]

Greedy. :(

bread's done
Back