Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

This thursday will be 3 weeks since I won...seriously hope they ship these puppies out soon. Pretty odd they have only shipped the first 5 days of winners out and everybody else has been left in the dark with 3-4 week time frame :(

[quote name='Chemosh013']Great work A Gamer!

Hot damn, 88 winners. Basically have an entire day of consoles going to CAGers![/QUOTE]
Actually, only 87 that we know of. One of them was on there twice... Double-post?

However, considering the popularity of this promotion on other forums (like SlickDeals, as well as less reputable sites), the number of CAGs that won is astounding.

[quote name='KingNothing09']This thursday will be 3 weeks since I won...seriously hope they ship these puppies out soon. Pretty odd they have only shipped the first 5 days of winners out and everybody else has been left in the dark with 3-4 week time frame :([/QUOTE]
The first week was also before they [realized they were getting bot r@ped and] implemented the captcha. Coincidence? Perhaps.

But, there is speculation that the reason the rest haven't shipped is because they are doing some post-promotion validation before they ship out the rest of the prizes. Possibly that they started tracking additional information when they added the captchas. Won't know either way till they start shipping again.

But wait, I have another theory. It takes time to print shipping labels right? So maybe it's taking them a few extra days to print out around 2,400 shipping labels.

[quote name='Himypiedie']But wait, I have another theory. It takes time to print shipping labels right? So maybe it's taking them a few extra days to print out around 2,400 shipping labels.[/QUOTE]

Eh, Assuming they have laser printers (which almost all businesses do) it would take a couple hours to print labels. I see it being more of a stock problem. Either they were ill prepared or Microsoft was and the shipment of the bundles is taking time to get to whomever is going to ship them, and then don't forget packaging and boxes for 2,400 consoles. It's probably a lot larger than just pieces of paper with ink on them.

[quote name='Raid3n']Eh, Assuming they have laser printers (which almost all businesses do) it would take a couple hours to print labels. I see it being more of a stock problem. Either they were ill prepared or Microsoft was and the shipment of the bundles is taking time to get to whomever is going to ship them, and then don't forget packaging and boxes for 2,400 consoles. It's probably a lot larger than just pieces of paper with ink on them.[/QUOTE]

Yea, so here's my new theory:

They ran out of Xbox 360's and had to ask Microsoft for some. Once they arrived (probably 7-10 days later), it took a while to package all 2,400 bundles. Once they were all packaged, and once the contest was over, they had to print out 2,400 labels, tape them to the packages, then make all the packages ready for shipping.

See now that sounds a little more like it. That I would believe moreso than having to print out labels. In fact I think I'll stick with that theory for now as well because it sounds like the most logical.

I'm gonna guess it's more of a product availability type thing. Microsoft is probably a lot less worried about stocking BK's 2,000+ free products when these things are selling like hotcakes at retail. Last I read in this past month they've sold over 2.5 million kinect units.

I expect it's really 2.5 million "shipped to retail," but yeah, it's probably selling like hotcakes... if only because stupid people want that newfangled crazy invention that xbox has. Who cares if they don't have the space to play it, or don't realize that it's probably about as gimmicky as the Wii, if not more?

I myself was never planning to pay for the thing, but I'll take one for free to muck with it and sell it once its appeal is completely gone. :D

[quote name='FadeToOne']I expect it's really 2.5 million "shipped to retail," but yeah, it's probably selling like hotcakes... if only because stupid people want that newfangled crazy invention that xbox has. Who cares if they don't have the space to play it, or don't realize that it's probably about as gimmicky as the Wii, if not more?

I myself was never planning to pay for the thing, but I'll take one for free to muck with it and sell it once its appeal is completely gone. :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's shipped.
Actually the bundles are plentiful, its the stand-alone Kinect that is sometimes hard to find.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I expect it's really 2.5 million "shipped to retail," but yeah, it's probably selling like hotcakes... if only because stupid people want that newfangled crazy invention that xbox has. Who cares if they don't have the space to play it, or don't realize that it's probably about as gimmicky as the Wii, if not more?

I myself was never planning to pay for the thing, but I'll take one for free to muck with it and sell it once its appeal is completely gone. :D[/QUOTE]

Incorrect it is an actual "sold at retail" number. link Unlike Sony who skews the numbers by reporting "shipped to retail." link (read the second update) Also no one knows how Sony counts as a piece of Move software sold. Is it the bundle only? Is it every extra controller that counts as well. The only thing you can take away for sure is that at least Microsoft is telling actual numbers and we know exactly what they mean.

[quote name='Chuckles21']Incorrect it is an actual "sold at retail" number. link Unlike Sony who skews the numbers by reporting "shipped to retail." link (read the second update) Also no one knows how Sony counts as a piece of Move software sold. Is it the bundle only? Is it every extra controller that counts as well. The only thing you can take away for sure is that at least Microsoft is telling actual numbers and we know exactly what they mean.[/QUOTE]
:roll::lol:

Just wanted to say this is my first post. I came to this forum from the link Consumerist had back on the 11th.

I followed the information here and played/generated the codes daily, and only used 1 account. On Saturday 11/27 10:46 PM I got a winner.

I just wanted to thank you all for the information. I would have never even tried it if not for this forum. So perhaps you can count me in the member winners list even though I joined simply to provide this post..lol

[quote name='turk911']Just wanted to say this is my first post. I came to this forum from the link Consumerist had back on the 11th.

I followed the information here and played/generated the codes daily, and only used 1 account. On Saturday 11/27 10:46 PM I got a winner.

I just wanted to thank you all for the information. I would have never even tried it if not for this forum. So perhaps you can count me in the member winners list even though I joined simply to provide this post..lol[/QUOTE]

Welcome. Hopefully you'll stick around and get some nice game deals for that new xbox :). Oh and congrats.

^^^ Same here... found this awesome forum thanks to some google searching about the Kinect contest. I won on the 10th and then have checked this thread every day to see if anyone else had received a shipping notice since the 5th! Big thanks to this accumulation of knowledge... great forum you all have here.

Looking forward to becoming a part of the community.

[quote name='Chuckles21']Incorrect it is an actual "sold at retail" number. link Unlike Sony who skews the numbers by reporting "shipped to retail." link (read the second update) Also no one knows how Sony counts as a piece of Move software sold. Is it the bundle only? Is it every extra controller that counts as well. The only thing you can take away for sure is that at least Microsoft is telling actual numbers and we know exactly what they mean.[/QUOTE]

I just about to say that too.

Yeah... Microsoft never skews anything, right?

[quote name='FadeToOne']Yeah... Microsoft never skews anything, right?[/QUOTE]

That's not really a counterargument to the fact that this statement was a 2.5 million SOLD.

[quote name='Chemosh013']That's not really a counterargument to the fact that this statement was a 2.5 million SOLD.[/QUOTE]

They could very well be including the 4GB 360 Kinect bundles as well as the Kinect standalone bundles, which basically is just including numbers of Xboxes sold and the standalone product... :whistle2:?

[quote name='realwords']They could very well be including the 4GB 360 Kinect bundles as well as the Kinect standalone bundles, which basically is just including numbers of Xboxes sold and the standalone product... :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that 2.5 million kinects have been SOLD versus Sony's 4.1 million shipped. Both are impressive numbers and it's great that they're taking off, but I think most people prefer sold number to shipped numbers.

[quote name='Chemosh013']That's not really a counterargument to the fact that this statement was a 2.5 million SOLD.[/QUOTE]
The counterargument is that some of us don't believe this "fact".

[quote name='Chemosh013']That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that 2.5 million kinects have been SOLD versus Sony's 4.1 million shipped. Both are impressive numbers and it's great that they're taking off, but I think most people prefer sold number to shipped numbers.[/QUOTE]

While both are impressive I'm more impressed with the amount of Kinects that have been sold in less than a month. It has sold half of what has been moved for the Move, which has been out since September AND requires multiple controllers if you want to play with friends. So this one is a no contest in my book. Kinect is running Move over with a steamroller for now.

And you can not believe the numbers all you want, When I went to target and a local used movie, music, and game store (which is damn big mind you) on Black Friday guess what everyone went for? Kinects or 360s bundled with a Kinect or a Wii. Not once did I see someone LOOK at a PS3 bundle which had the Move or even the Move separately. You can not accept the numbers all you want but if you went to a Black Friday sale and watched the bastards sell quickly you believe the numbers.

[quote name='Raid3n']While both are impressive I'm more impressed with the amount of Kinects that have been sold in less than a month. It has sold half of what has been moved for the Move, which has been out since September AND requires multiple controllers if you want to play with friends. So this one is a no contest in my book. Kinect is running Move over with a steamroller for now.

And you can not believe the numbers all you want, When I went to target and a local used movie, music, and game store (which is damn big mind you) on Black Friday guess what everyone went for? Kinects or 360s bundled with a Kinect or a Wii. Not once did I see someone LOOK at a PS3 bundle which had the Move or even the Move separately. You can not accept the numbers all you want but if you went to a Black Friday sale and watched the bastards sell quickly you believe the numbers.[/QUOTE]

Unless you went to every store in America that's not really a valid argument. For all you know those were the only Kinects sold in the world that day. Maybe there was a giant mob of people clamoring for PS3s down the road.

I need to distract myself from this lol. I can't wait to play it, but shipping is killing me!!! Can't imagine for day 6 winners... Hopefully this week.

[quote name='TheWooz']Why is this tread still going. Stupid contest is over.Stupid King.:evil:[/QUOTE]

You mad? :cool:

lol but seriously, this thread is alive for those of us who won to keep communication so we don't drive ourselves insane waiting for them to ship these things out.

[quote name='KingNothing09']You mad? :cool:

lol but seriously, this thread is alive for those of us who won to keep communication so we don't drive ourselves insane waiting for them to ship these things out.[/QUOTE]

I am dying! I need my Xbox 360!

[quote name='KingNothing09']You mad? :cool:

lol but seriously, this thread is alive for those of us who won to keep communication so we don't drive ourselves insane waiting for them to ship these things out.[/QUOTE]

Luckily, I started out insane. So I'm just impatient. :)

[quote name='realwords']They could very well be including the 4GB 360 Kinect bundles as well as the Kinect standalone bundles, which basically is just including numbers of Xboxes sold and the standalone product... :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Well of course they are including the bundles. Why wouldn't they? It is a Kinect sold after all. If someone didn't want the Kinect they would have just bought the regular 360 not the bundle. So buying the bundle is mainly for the included Kinect, hence counting it in their numbers. Also, I don't understand how this is so hard to believe. Of the roughly 1,285,000,000 people living in the regions where it is sold at least 2,500,000 of them bought this product especially with the biggest shopping day of the year included. Man that really is a stretch of the imagination to think these numbers could be true. :???:

To put this in greater perspective say only 1/3 of the total population is a possible buyer for this product (take out kids, elderly, etc.) then we have roughly 428,000,000 possible buyers. Considering they still sold 2,500,000 this means only 0.58% of all possible buyers bought this product. So 1/2 of 1% purchased this, not to hard to imagine when you use some simple math.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they included the ones they gave away during this promo.

[quote name='Chuckles21']Well of course they are including the bundles. Why wouldn't they? It is a Kinect sold after all. If someone didn't want the Kinect they would have just bought the regular 360 not the bundle. So buying the bundle is mainly for the included Kinect, hence counting it in their numbers. Also, I don't understand how this is so hard to believe. Of the roughly 1,285,000,000 people living in the regions where it is sold at least 2,500,000 of them bought this product especially with the biggest shopping day of the year included. Man that really is a stretch of the imagination to think these numbers could be true. :???:

To put this in greater perspective say only 1/3 of the total population is a possible buyer for this product (take out kids, elderly, etc.) then we have roughly 428,000,000 possible buyers. Considering they still sold 2,500,000 this means only 0.58% of all possible buyers bought this product. So 1/2 of 1% purchased this, not to hard to imagine when you use some simple math.[/QUOTE]
What I'm starting to question even more than the supposed KEEnect sales numbers is how you lap up this PR without questioning it at all...:whistle2:?

[quote name='Vader582']What I'm starting to question even more than the supposed KEEnect sales numbers is how you lap up this PR without questioning it at all...:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Of course I take everything with a grain of sale, but when you use simple math per my post this is not hard to believe at all. They have been selling well and it launched before Christmas during the biggest shopping time of all the year.

do u guys care that much about what a company sold? we are trying to find feed back on recieving items
i really hope you are not grown men going on for days like this

[quote name='sir-fly']do u guys care that much about what a company sold? we are trying to find feed back on recieving items
i really hope you are not grown men going on for days like this[/QUOTE]
What's wrong with a debate?
You knew from the beginning you'd receive your prize within 8 to 12 weeks after winning.

[quote name='Vader582']What's wrong with a debate?
You knew from the beginning you'd receive your prize within 8 to 12 weeks after winning.[/QUOTE]
well then why did some people get theres in like 2 weeks and less? if you stop worring about a companys sales then you could have read the usefull post
there are tons of fellow members who are trying to find usefull info from this thread and not 2 days worth of crying about numbers that none of you cant pin point correctly since your not a employe for sony or microsoft

[quote name='Vader582']What's wrong with a debate?
You knew from the beginning you'd receive your prize within 8 to 12 weeks after winning.[/QUOTE]

It is becoming a bit off topic now, especially considering the majority of us are checking the thread for shipping status.

[quote name='StellarWiid']It is becoming a bit off topic now, especially considering the majority of us are checking the thread for shipping status.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!

Who cares how many Kinects / Moves were Sold Shipped. We didnt pay for them. We won our Kinects & are waiting to hear about shipments going out.

I was really hoping we would get them by X-Mas. But its not looking like it :(

[quote name='sir-fly']well then why did some people get theres in like 2 weeks and less? if you stop worring about a companys sales then you could have read the usefull post
there are tons of fellow members who are trying to find usefull info from this thread and not 2 days worth of crying about numbers that none of you cant pin point correctly since your not a employe for sony or microsoft[/QUOTE]

Why did some get theirs so early? Maybe they had a stock of them at first and now are waiting for resupply from Microsoft, but since they are selling so well, 2.5 million roughly, the resupply shipments might not be top priority. So now our friendly debate actually does tie into the useful information category.

By the way no one was/is crying and I have no ill will towards Vader or his views we are just debating respectfully. Oh and maybe you shouldn't be crying about ship dates for a product that you are getting for free that none of you can pin point correctly since your not a employee for Burger King (corporate). Oops, see what happens when insults start coming into discussions. Now maybe you can have a little more respect for others or butt out of our discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chuckles21']Why did some get theirs so early? Maybe they had a stock of them at first and now are waiting for resupply from Microsoft, [/QUOTE]

+1, i think they're waiting until they can restock... maybe kinect sports sold so well they have to wait on that for the bundle...

[quote name='Chuckles21']Why did some get theirs so early? Maybe they had a stock of them at first and now are waiting for resupply from Microsoft, but since they are selling so well, 2.5 million roughly, the resupply shipments might not be top priority. So now our friendly debate actually does tie into the useful information category.

By the way no one was/is crying and I have no ill will towards Vader or his views we are just debating respectfully. Oh and maybe you shouldn't be crying about ship dates for a product that you are getting for free that none of you can pin point correctly since your not a employee for Burger King (corporate). Oops, see what happens when insults start coming into discussions. Now maybe you can have a little more respect for others or butt out of our discussion.[/QUOTE]
duh thats why were organizing the info in this thread to get an idea of when so grow up and atleast i get something out of trying to track a date for my 360 .lol u get nothing crying about numbers
i also see from your debate that there is no point in telling you whats right. i said my so and im done

bread's done
Back