Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

[quote name='sir-fly']duh thats why were organizing the info in this thread to get an idea of when so grow up and atleast i get something out of trying to track a date for my 360 .lol u get nothing crying about numbers
i also see from your debate that there is no point in telling you whats right. i said my so and im done[/QUOTE]

????? Trying to figure out what you are actually saying in this post is an effort in itself. So let me do my best.

The only "organizing of info" being done in this thread is people posting how it has been x amount of weeks since they won and they still haven't received a shipping notice. No useful information has been brought to light. Yet here you are continuing to try and squeeze water from a rock.

Again, I don't understand where you get this notion of crying. Is this your perception of how all people entered in a discussion act? That we are sitting here in tears because someone has a varying opinion? I see as well from your sentence structure that there is no point in a smart discussion as it is only wasted on you.

Back to my original point, what do you think MS is more concerned with? Sending shipments to retailers for actual sale and profit or resupplying BK with units being given out for free that they don't have to ship for 8-12 weeks or after the big rush of the holiday season. So the sales info is very pertinent as it shows these are selling very well and supply issues are probably a reality.

[quote name='Chuckles21']
Back to my original point, what do you think MS is more concerned with? Sending shipments to retailers for actual sale and profit or resupplying BK with units being given out for free that they don't have to ship for 8-12 weeks or after the big rush of the holiday season.[/QUOTE]

Like many others who frequent this thread, I am just searching for information on the shipment of my Xbox so anything you have written in previous posts about sales and numbers, etc...I skipped over, but with the statement above, are you attempting to say that MS is willingly NOT fulfilling their BK order (which I am sure BK paid handsomely for) because that money is already in the bank so now they want to send our (winners) XBOXES to retail stores instead to make more of a profit?? Hmnnnn.....damning accusation.

[quote name='CCCarys']Like many others who frequent this thread, I am just searching for information on the shipment of my Xbox so anything you have written in previous posts about sales and numbers, etc...I skipped over, but with the statement above, are you attempting to say that MS is willingly NOT fulfilling their BK order (which I am sure BK paid handsomely for) because that money is already in the bank so now they want to send our (winners) XBOXES to retail stores instead to make more of a profit?? Hmnnnn.....damning accusation.[/QUOTE]

Do you not understand how promotions work? It is a two way street my man. One BK gets the attention and hopefully more sales. Two MS gets Kinect exposure and it in a limited # of homes where hopefully word of mouth spreads. I don't know the actual #'s but I would bet BK isn't paying at all for the Kinects. So no it is no where near a damning accusation, just common sense.

[quote name='Chuckles21']Do you not understand how promotions work? It is a two way street my man. One BK gets the attention and hopefully more sales. Two MS gets Kinect exposure and it in a limited # of homes where hopefully word of mouth spreads. I don't know the actual #'s but I would bet BK isn't paying at all for the Kinects. So no it is no where near a damning accusation, just common sense.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I would say it's cross promotional. BK is probably paying SOMETHING but definitely not paying retail and probably paying a very reduced rate.

I mean, I'm sure most of us wouldn't have bought a kinect directly but are now eagerly awaiting it and have told our friends about how awesome it will be.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Besides, I'm fine with all this back and forth... helps pass the time as I neurotically check waiting for a shipping announcement.[/QUOTE]

Bk should at least announce that they ran out of consoles. I also emailed Wunderman last week, still no reply. :(

[quote name='Vader582']What's wrong with a debate?
You knew from the beginning you'd receive your prize within 8 to 12 weeks after winning.[/QUOTE]
The email said 3-4 weeks, and mine shipped out 10 days later > .

[quote name='Himypiedie']Bk should at least announce that they ran out of consoles. I also emailed Wunderman last week, still no reply. :([/QUOTE]

Why? They have absolutely no obligation to tell you what the status of things are. It is spelled out that you will receive your shipment in 8-10 weeks. The most anyone has waited so far is 3-4. Why does everyone feel that they are entitled to all this knowledge and that heads should roll for something you got for FREE and are now complaining about having to wait for. Grow up, have some patience and some common sense.

[quote name='AzzidReign']I have bought like 10 whopper value meals and so far I'm still empty handed, I thought I had better luck =([/QUOTE]

You could have played with free codes... :/

[quote name='Chuckles21']Why? They have absolutely no obligation to tell you what the status of things are. It is spelled out that you will receive your shipment in 8-10 weeks. The most anyone has waited so far is 3-4. Why does everyone feel that they are entitled to all this knowledge and that heads should roll for something you got for FREE and are now complaining about having to wait for. Grow up, have some patience and some common sense.[/QUOTE]

Just clearing this up right quick. When you win it says "You will receive your prize in 3-4 weeks, if you have any questions about your shipment please email us" I will be at the four week mark on December 6th.

[quote name='McKing']I will be at 4 weeks on Dec 9.

BTW, the 4gb Xbox 360 is a flat black case vs. the 250Gb gloss case?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

That's right, the 4 gig is a matte black and the memory is internal, it doesn't have a removable drive that's only 4 gigs. So you can buy one and put it and tack it on with the 4 gig internal memory.

[quote name='tekssx']You could have played with free codes... :/[/QUOTE]
Maybe next time, I think I've exhausted all my hopes I had for this.

[quote name='Chuckles21']Why? They have absolutely no obligation to tell you what the status of things are. It is spelled out that you will receive your shipment in 8-10 weeks. The most anyone has waited so far is 3-4. Why does everyone feel that they are entitled to all this knowledge and that heads should roll for something you got for FREE and are now complaining about having to wait for. Grow up, have some patience and some common sense.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me Chuckles, but I think you need to lay off your "holier than thou" attitude because you may think you are coming off as an intelligent person but really you are coming off as a total douche.

To the rest of us who are waiting, let's hope tomorrow is the day we receive our shipping notices! :bouncy:

[quote name='AzzidReign']Maybe next time, I think I've exhausted all my hopes I had for this.[/QUOTE]

Azzid, you do know that promotion ended this past Sunday right?? :D

Does anyone know if a BK promotion is held like this every year?

[quote name='Chuckles21']Why? They have absolutely no obligation to tell you what the status of things are. It is spelled out that you will receive your shipment in 8-10 weeks.
...[/QUOTE]
Actually, it was clearly stated that they would be shipping in 3 to 4 weeks.

dwb39h.jpg

The rest of the discussion is pure speculation on all your parts. At this point, it is no longer in Microsoft or Burger Kings hands. It is now entirely up to Wunderman Group (i.e. the promotion administrator).

Personally, I suspect that Wunderman Group had ALL of the prizes when the promotion launched, and that they had anticipated shipping them all in the same timeframe as the first batch (roughly a week or two after the winnings). Promotors will usually give themselves extra time for fulfillment because they don't want to get buried by a barrage of emails/calls from people not getting their prizes within the period indicated. And, this also gives them a little wiggle room should something unexpected occur to delay the anticipated fulfillment schedule. In other words, they planned on shipping them out in 1 to 2 weeks, but used 3 to 4 weeks just to be safe.

My hunch is that this has more to do with post-promotion account/win validation. I would not be surprised to hear that winners started getting phone calls (you did use your real phone number, right?) in order to weed out all the cheaters. For those of you doubters out there, ALL of the GameStop Surprize Attack Sweepstakes prizes were verified via phone call before they shipped. Not as many prizes as BK promo, but still a lot of calls. It all depends on how 'hurt' the Wunderman people felt after getting their promotion raped. Not just during the first week -- the bots were quickly adapted to deal with the captcha, so the promotion was getting abused until the very last day.

And, please don't even suggest it has to do with the total number of packages. Club Bing (technically Arvato) was able to ship over 4500 packages on a single day, back in the busy days. And, the shipping labels are generated directly from the database -- in other words YOU filled out your shipping label when you entered the shipping info into the form. The rest of it is simply selecting the winners from the database and dumping the report into the UPS software. Shortly thereafter ALL 2000+ labels come spewing out of their printer(s). Most modern printers can spit out 100+ pages per minute, so even if it prints them in duplicate (one for the package, the other for the shipper) with a single printer, it would take less than an hour to print them out. And, most of these promotors will have multiple UPS shipping stations (scales, printers, etc), so I suspect it would take much less than that. And, the prize packages are not customized (generic winning letter in ALL of the packages addressed to "Dear Winner"), so those could have been packed up long before the promotion ended and just need the shipping label slapped on them.

Obviously, it could be that they only received 372 in their initial shipment (i.e. the number of consoles the shipped 11/10 and 11/11), and the delay has been due to supply channel shortages.

But, until someone hears back from Wunderman as to the reason for the delay, there is no way of knowing.

[quote name='Himypiedie']Yea thanks. You just ruined the last shred of hope for my prize. :(

And if they really are calling people, a big fuck on those botters. Damn idiots.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I was just speculating... See the sentence starts with 'My hunch'...

Until we hear from someone that got a call, or someone that got a response from Wunderman, we won't know why they are stalling.

I used only "valid" numbers. The account I won with was my wife's mobile "google-voice" #. For those that weren't aware, you can virtually have 2 numbers per ph. #. A Gamer explained it several pages back.

And BTW, I don't mind the discussion either. Gives me something to read while I wait my 3 to 4 Weeks for my prize.

[quote name='INSANEx708']Does anyone know how to conntact buger king or wunderman when it comes time to ask them where our 360s are at?[/QUOTE]

The winning screen (i.e. after you completed the various forms) had the following:

You will receive your prize within 3-4 weeks. If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your Kinect™ for Xbox 360® Prize Pack, please email [email protected] Thanks for playing.

Also, the UPS Quantum View tracking used the same email address as one of the references.

I'm going to try and send them a quick email asking about the phone number deal. As it is the phone number on the account I'm assuming is my house number, but since winning it has been disconnected without me knowing, so I'm hoping it will not botch my chances to win this because my family wants to save a few extra bucks a month.

If they actually give me a legitimate response as to if they will use it for authentication reasons or not I'll make sure to post it.

[quote name='Raid3n']I'm going to try and send them a quick email asking about the phone number deal.
...[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't send them anything until they start shipping again... Then if yours doesn't ship you can start your grievance process with them.

The phone number issue was just one idea I threw out there, and if they aren't doing that, why bring any extra attention to your win?

People have posted that they won using legit phone number(s) and haven't received their prize, or a phone call... Yet. So, there is no fact to indicate that they will actually do this. Just more idle speculation.

I hope phone numbers are not used to verify. While the number I used is my actual cell number, it's been shut off for a billing issue a month or so back. I was under the impression the phone number was only needed for playing the game from your phone though. I wish I could get some confirmation one way or the other though, I'm really counting on this for my family's Christmas.

I also want to do it for my own personal peace of mind really. Because the number was my house phone, it was for 20 plus years, and it was disconnected because nobody ever used it and the only people who called were phone solicitors. If they do start implementing a phone verification process I would like to be informed of it so i can potentially switch it over to a number that IS working so I can receive my prize. That's all really. And if I can't I start the grievance process.

I predict that in about 3 days you will get a generic response...

Your Kinect™ for Xbox 360® Prize Pack will ship within 3-4 weeks of the date that you won. You will receive an email containing tracking information when your prize is shipped.

Congratulations, again!

Best,
The BURGER KING® Kinect™ for Xbox 360® Game Team

Shamelessly snipped from the thread over at SlickDeals. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Raid3n']I also want to do it for my own personal peace of mind really. Because the number was my house phone, it was for 20 plus years, and it was disconnected because nobody ever used it and the only people who called were phone solicitors. If they do start implementing a phone verification process I would like to be informed of it so i can potentially switch it over to a number that IS working so I can receive my prize. That's all really. And if I can't I start the grievance process.[/QUOTE]
i think the phone number is for ups to call a day before they shipped the prize like always. so id say your safe on that

[quote name='A Gamer']I predict that in about 3 days you will get a generic response...

Shamelessly snipped from the thread over at SlickDeals. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]man your awsome sorry for the 2x

A Gamer, did you actually receive an email containing tracking information when your prize was shipped? Or the prize just magically appeared on your doorstep without warning?

[quote name='Raid3n']I'm going to try and send them a quick email asking about the phone number deal. As it is the phone number on the account I'm assuming is my house number, but since winning it has been disconnected without me knowing, so I'm hoping it will not botch my chances to win this because my family wants to save a few extra bucks a month.

If they actually give me a legitimate response as to if they will use it for authentication reasons or not I'll make sure to post it.[/QUOTE]
Yes, if they start asking for phone verification, I'll have to email them telling that I input a wrong digit in my phone number.

[quote name='eau']A Gamer, did you actually receive an email containing tracking information when your prize was shipped? Or the prize just magically appeared on your doorstep without warning?[/QUOTE]

They ship out the bundles via UPS with tracking and with an adult signature requirement for delivery. I know, sucks. You have to be 21+ to sign for it, but the contest stated that you have to be 18+ to play.

[quote name='eau']A Gamer, did you actually receive an email containing tracking information when your prize was shipped? Or the prize just magically appeared on your doorstep without warning?[/QUOTE]
We got an email from the UPS Quantum View system (i.e. from UPS, not BK) when the packages shipped. I am fairly certain there is a screen cap of one somewhere in this thread. I never bothered posting mine because someone had beat me to it.

The email contained the tracking number, the full shipping address (so you will know if you filled out the address properly) as well as the reference numbers (which is how we determined how many packages shipped on 10 & 11 last month).

The packages shipped via UPS Ground Adult Signature Required (i.e. service level A8) from Apopka Florida. So, overnight delivery to SE states, and about a week for west coast.

[quote name='Himypiedie']They ship out the bundles via UPS with tracking and with an adult signature requirement for delivery. I know, sucks. You have to be 21+ to sign for it, but the contest stated that you have to be 18+ to play.[/QUOTE]
There is no 18+ service level for UPS, so it was not an option. However, I doubt any UPS delivery guy is going to question you for ID if you are 18 or older. They just want to make sure an adult signs for it. So as long as you don't look like a 14 year old (i.e. hike up those oversized jeans when you answer the door), you should be fine.

EDIT: he didn't ask me for ID when I signed for mine...

Course, my salt-n-pepper beard kind of hints at the fact that I am probably older than 21... By several decades. Doh! :whistle2:#

Isn't it weird that the contest states 18 year olds can participate, but then they ship it with adult signature. What? Do they think all 18 year olds live with their parents?

[quote name='FadeToOne']With my luck, they'll finally ship when I'm out of town for a week...[/QUOTE]
Oh God, don't say that. I'm going out of town with my wife for a few days for her birthday in the coming weeks.

I hope they don't start calling people or my mom's cell phone is going to get a phone call and she is going to be confused lol...I better give her a heads up.

Today marks 3 weeks for me :(

Luckily once they do ship if I am not home at the time or asleep since I work night UPS usually drops my packages at the front office of my apartment complex. I'm about to move beginning of next month so hope they get this shit shipped soon.

[quote name='FadeToOne']With my luck, they'll finally ship when I'm out of town for a week...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Oh God, don't say that. I'm going out of town with my wife for a few days for her birthday in the coming weeks.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. You guys can just have them ship it to my house... I'll hold onto them until you get back. ;)

[quote name='Chemosh013']Don't worry. You guys can just have them ship it to my house... I'll hold onto them until you get back. ;)[/QUOTE]
Oh, in that case, forward me yer address and I'll get right on that.

I'll hold onto your stuff! In exchange I ask for a modest...one million cookies! I promise I won't open it or anything. The cookies will prevent me from doing so.

So have you guys willed them to your homes faster since the thread can no longer be used to discuss anything but impatience?
I'm glad to see so much headway was made without Chuckles and my debate.
/sarcasm
This thread should be in the graveyard.

[quote name='Vader582']So have you guys willed them to your homes faster since the thread can no longer be used to discuss anything but impatience?
I'm glad to see so much headway was made without Chuckles and my debate.
/sarcasm
This thread should be in the graveyard.[/QUOTE]

Oh Vader, stop it. Endless posts about hearing nothing for weeks is very constructive.

[quote name='DoReiRei']IT SHIPPED!!!!

Thats what im waiting to hear from someone anyways. :([/QUOTE]

Wow, you brought my hopes up for 1 second, only to crush it again. :(

I saw on Slickdeals that someone who won on the 7th said their XBOX was going to be delivered on Wednesday and to check your email inbox for confirmation. I didn't win on the 7th so I don't know if it's true, can someone who did confirm this??

[quote name='CCCarys']I saw on Slickdeals that someone who won on the 7th said their XBOX was going to be delivered on Wednesday and to check your email inbox for confirmation. I didn't win on the 7th so I don't know if it's true, can someone who did confirm this??[/QUOTE]

Really now let me just check my mail now and............YEAH I GOT A SHIPMENT NOTIFICATION!!!

Here is a copy and paste of part of the email: ***Do not reply to this e-mail. UPS and AWARD HEADQUARTERS will not receive your reply. This message was sent to you at the request of AWARD HEADQUARTERS to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact AWARD HEADQUARTERS directly. Important Delivery Information _______________________________________________________________ Adult Signature Required -Adult must be at least 21 years of age Message from AWARD HEADQUARTERS: BURGER KING Scheduled Delivery: An additional ship notification with a scheduled delivery date will be sent when your shipment is received by the destination country

I won on the 6th so they had one more day left.

bread's done
Back