Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

[quote name='rct316']haha yup ima dummy, thax tho[/QUOTE]

hehe. That being said I do understand the desire to get an opinion from someone here versus conflicting online reports :) I would tell you but my slim probably won't ship out for a few more weeks.

[quote name='Survivalism']:applause:

Free Xboxes are free Xboxes but I am bummed it doesn't look like it'll be here before Christmas; wanted to fund a Christmas gift for the lady friend with cash from the one I'm selling. Boo.

(Which I felt compelled to mention is a S model I paid for myself and is not, as previously assumed, a "RROD-prone" console I'm looking to dump off on someone before it died.)[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit bummed about this, too, as my family will be getting together for Christmas in the midwest with me here on the west coast, and my parents just bought the sensor. Video Kinect seemed like it would have been a good fit for this one specific situation.

I would of never bought kinect ever, but i am looking forward to getting it. Im gonna make my gf test it out with me when it comes.
Only started doing contests exactly 30 days ago, Gotten xbox with kinect, 90$ in gift cards, 200$ sony, 15$ random small 2$ things and 3400MS points, Im pretty stooked to find out what else I can do by the end of december, The damn Coke rewards for the ps3 motion thing is killing me though 32 days of failure.

[quote name='DoReiRei']I would of never bought kinect ever, but i am looking forward to getting it. Im gonna make my gf test it out with me when it comes.
Only started doing contests exactly 30 days ago, Gotten xbox with kinect, 90$ in gift cards, 200$ sony, 15$ random small 2$ things and 3400MS points, Im pretty stooked to find out what else I can do by the end of december, The damn Coke rewards for the ps3 motion thing is killing me though 32 days of failure.[/QUOTE]

Nice. If you don't like the Kinect, I'll buy it for $100.

I've been reading all the post with people concerned with the shipping of the x-box. I won mine on the 24th and thought it would be a long time before it arrived. Judging by what I have been reading, the early winners are just beginning to receive the package. I checked the ups site with the information given in an earlier post and WOW - it looks like mine has been shipped. The important thing I want to say here is - I never received an email saying it was coming. So, don't expect an email as I did but keep checking the ups site. It says mine will be here on the 8th.

[quote name='bugmaster88']I've been reading all the post with people concerned with the shipping of the x-box. I won mine on the 24th and thought it would be a long time before it arrived. Judging by what I have been reading, the early winners are just beginning to receive the package. I checked the ups site with the information given in an earlier post and WOW - it looks like mine has been shipped. The important thing I want to say here is - I never received an email saying it was coming. So, don't expect an email as I did but keep checking the ups site. It says mine will be here on the 8th.[/QUOTE]
Not yours. The wins from 11/24 have not shipped yet. Most likely someone else in your ZIP code area that won, too.

I bet you will find the UPS tracking site shows it as delivered on Wed, and yet no one rang your doorbell to get your signature. :bomb:

Just double checked, and according to the UPS reference numbers, no prizes won 11/12 or later have shipped yet. :whistle2:#

[quote name='A Gamer']Not yours. The wins from 11/24 have not shipped yet. Most likely someone else in your ZIP code area that won, too.

I bet you will find the UPS tracking site shows it as delivered on Wed, and yet no one rang your doorbell to get your signature. :bomb:

Just double checked, and according to the UPS reference numbers, no prizes won 11/12 or later have shipped yet. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I"ll let you know what happens Wednesday.

Just joined because I came across this forum trying to find out shipping for my bkkinect prize. I also found a useful link for you guys. Tells you how many have shipped per day and is constantly updated :)

Check out link in the title

That's actually a really good find, nice job! I'll have to bookmark that to keep tabs on when shipments are going out now. Thanks.

Not a good idea to post links to the less reputable sites on the interwebs... And hiding them in the title to avoid getting detected is just going to get you banned.

[quote name='A Gamer']Not a good idea to post links to the less reputable sites on the interwebs... And hiding them in the title to avoid getting detected is just going to get you banned.[/QUOTE]

Sorry wasn't aware that was a lass reputable site. Just seems like a site someone created that's linked to UPS to make it easier to find whats shipped. Didn't mean any harm just thought it was useful.

:cry:

I can't delete the title but if you can go right ahead

Haha, I have a feeling I'm gonna end up selling the first Kinect bundle I get and pick up a PS3 instead. Second one I might donate to the local Children's Hospital or something, I'm sure it would be nice there.

[quote name='realwords']Haha, I have a feeling I'm gonna end up selling the first Kinect bundle I get and pick up a PS3 instead. Second one I might donate to the local Children's Hospital or something, I'm sure it would be nice there.[/QUOTE]

I'll buy your Xbox 360 Kinect bundle for $200

[quote name='Himypiedie']I'll buy your Xbox 360 Kinect bundle for $200[/QUOTE]
They are going for as much as $550 on eBay due to the perceived shortage... Plus another $50 for the extra game. Good luck finding anyone willing to sell you one for less than retail right now.

[quote name='Himypiedie']I hope they ship the rest out soon. My xbox 360's GPU died 4 days ago and I'm left with a bunch of games and no Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Is that something you can towel trick or does that make it completely dead?

[quote name='Chemosh013']Is that something you can towel trick or does that make it completely dead?[/QUOTE]

Rofl. The toweling trick will only melt the CPU, it actually achieves nothing but an even more damaged Xbox 360.

[quote name='Himypiedie']Rofl. The toweling trick will only melt the CPU, it actually achieves nothing but an even more damaged Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

It sometimes "melts" the pieces back into working order temporarily, but yeah, for long term health, it does far more damage than good.

[quote name='Himypiedie']Rofl. The toweling trick will only melt the CPU, it actually achieves nothing but an even more damaged Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Considering he only needs his 360 to work until his new one gets there I think it's a perfectly legitimate method to get it back to work. Yes it will cause long term damage but what does he care, a new xbox is coming in the next couple of weeks.

Presumably the next couple of weeks, we still have no idea how frequent they are going to ship them out, for all we know it will take a month to get 5 days worth of consoles out kinda like with the second shipment.

[quote name='Raid3n']Presumably the next couple of weeks, we still have no idea how frequent they are going to ship them out, for all we know it will take a month to get 5 days worth of consoles out kinda like with the second shipment.[/QUOTE]

Either way, transforms a dead and probably out of warranty xbox into a working one.

This is true, though I never had good luck with the towel trick. It would work maybe for an hour and it would die again. Needless to say that xbox was most likely fubar on the inside when I finally got a replacement, I did it probably a good 10 to 15 times over a month before I got a new one.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Either way, transforms a dead and probably out of warranty xbox into a working one.[/QUOTE]

No, this problem is with my GPU, not my CPU. My graphics card is shot. Won't display a picture anymore.

[quote name='A Gamer']The next email you get will be the shipping/tracking email from UPS (not from BK).

Shipped so far:
Mon 11/01 wins: 68 consoles shipped 11/10
Tue 11/02 wins: 61 consoles shipped 11/11
Wed 11/03 wins: 67 consoles shipped 11/11
Thu 11/04 wins: 91 consoles shipped 11/11
Fri 11/05 wins: 86 consoles shipped 11/11

They didn't ship any prizes since then (i.e. wins from 11/06 or later haven't shipped, yet).

They are shipping UPS Ground from Florida, so delivery to the East Coast will be about a day, and west Coast about a week from then.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they waited until later next week to ship out all of last weeks prizes in one batch? Or, they could not ship any next week and still be within the specificed 3-to-4 week window they indicated in the email.

For those of you thinking yours should have shipped, but did not get your shipping/tracking email (for whatever reason), you can use the UPS Search by Reference by searching for reference '[email protected]' and your zip code. If that ends up with too many hits, then limit the shipping date to one day at a time, and use 7E77W0 in the UPS Account Number field. That will narrow it down to any BK packages heading to your zip code area... Course, it could be your neighbors win... Doh! Add, if you get an error saying 'could not locate the shipment details', then there aren't any packages heading your way. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to get the email from UPS and checked the link and added the information but it has yet to ship and I am going to go to the 4th week now. I am becoming impatient now.

[quote name='INSANEx708']I have yet to get the email from UPS and checked the link and added the information but it has yet to ship and I am going to go to the 4th week now. I am becoming impatient now.[/QUOTE]
They have actually shipped since that post... And updated info was posted here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7916390#post7916390

You didn't specify exactly when you won, but if it was 11/12 or later then yours will probably ship sometime next week. Technically, they have till 12/10 to ship the prizes won 11/12 or later.

I don't know if this means anything but I have been checking ups the last 2 days and nothing for my zip, but today it says a package from my zip is scheduled to arrive on the 10th. Now I know this could be someone in my area, but it is strange nothing was there yesterday. I won on the 28th btw so I know it's a low chance but what if they did send them all out but didn't email everyone yet?

I think you forgot to put the reference number when you searched today? Or the date range was set to include the previous shipments? I just did a quick check, and there are no packages showing for Sat or Sun shipping using the BK Kinect reference numbers.

I haven't posted in here in awhile but I just wanted to say that I won a bundle on November 13th at 1am. I only used one e-mail account and just got lucky I guess.

Hopefully mine ships out this week, I was hoping it'd be here on the 2nd because that was my birthday but oh well.

I plan on selling off my old Elite 360 and getting the 250GB HDD and a few games. How much do you guys think I can get for it on Craigslist?

It'll come with:

Elite 360 w/ 120GB HDD
Xbox Wireless N Wi-Fi Adaptor
HDMI Cable with Audio Dongle
Wireless Controller
512MB 360 Memory Card
Kung Fu Panda/Lego Indiana Jones

[quote name='gvamp']I haven't posted in here in awhile but I just wanted to say that I won a bundle on November 13th at 1am. I only used one e-mail account and just got lucky I guess.

Hopefully mine ships out this week, I was hoping it'd be here on the 2nd because that was my birthday but oh well.

I plan on selling off my old Elite 360 and getting the 250GB HDD and a few games. How much do you guys think I can get for it on Craigslist?

It'll come with:

Elite 360 w/ 120GB HDD
Wireless Controller
512MB 360 Memory Card
Kung Fu Panda/Lego Indiana Jones[/QUOTE]

You'd be lucky to get 150 for all that. More then likely 120 or so.

[quote name='gvamp']I haven't posted in here in awhile but I just wanted to say that I won a bundle on November 13th at 1am. I only used one e-mail account and just got lucky I guess.

It'll come with:

Elite 360 w/ 120GB HDD
Wireless Controller
512MB 360 Memory Card
Kung Fu Panda/Lego Indiana Jones[/QUOTE]

Might try selling the wireless N adapter separate from the Elite. Might be worth more broken up, i.e. 120 or so for the elite and at least 50 for the wireless N adapter.

Okay thanks for the info, I'd really like to make enough to get at least the 250GB HDD and another Kinect game.

[quote name='gvamp']Okay thanks for the info, I'd really like to make enough to get at least the 250GB HDD and another Kinect game.[/QUOTE]

I'll buy all that stuff for $120. do you have an eBay account?

[quote name='StellarWiid']I don't know if this means anything but I have been checking ups the last 2 days and nothing for my zip, but today it says a package from my zip is scheduled to arrive on the 10th. Now I know this could be someone in my area, but it is strange nothing was there yesterday. I won on the 28th btw so I know it's a low chance but what if they did send them all out but didn't email everyone yet?[/QUOTE]

I really hope that is the case that they are sending the rest out this week, unfortunately when I checked the UPS info nothing is scheduled to come to my area yet, and I won on the 27th. I guess it's hopeful thinking.

I just hope it's here soon, it seems like my xbox is trying to croak on me. Not only did the copy of Alpha Protocol I got from Gamefly not work but I've had my xbox freeze up on me a good three times or so over the course of 5 hours while playing Splatterhouse, not a good sign.

[quote name='Raid3n']I really hope that is the case that they are sending the rest out this week, unfortunately when I checked the UPS info nothing is scheduled to come to my area yet, and I won on the 27th. I guess it's hopeful thinking.

I just hope it's here soon, it seems like my xbox is trying to croak on me. Not only did the copy of Alpha Protocol I got from Gamefly not work but I've had my xbox freeze up on me a good three times or so over the course of 5 hours while playing Splatterhouse, not a good sign.[/QUOTE]

It's the beginning of the end for your GPU, like mine. :(

Wouldn't surprise me. I may have taken good care of it by installing games and whatnot, but I still played the thing to death. Only defense I have against the idea is that it is an elite, and they do seem to have a tendency to freeze up more than the other consoles.

[quote name='Raid3n']...I've had my xbox freeze up on me a good three times or so over the course of 5 hours while playing Splatterhouse, not a good sign...[/QUOTE]

From what I've read about Splatterhouse, sounds like your xbox is doing you a favor :)

Good luck on the xbox freezing though. Mine did that on battlefield BC2 and then finally red ringed a little bit later. Towel trick did bring it back to life though, so it might be something you can limp along until the new xbox arrives.

If you can believe it it's not THAT bad. I was a huge fan of the sega games so I guess that plays into it, but it's not complete shit. I personally think Lost Planet 2 is worse than Splatterhouse, but again that's my opinion.

I also had the same issues about a month or so back with MMA and it didn't happen again until I rented Splatterhouse, so a part of me is wondering if it's just coincidence or if the game didn't install correctly or something along those lines. But if not unfortunately I'll have to put down the best xbox I've had. It will be like the little boy and Old Yeller. Sad times are bound to follow.

[quote name='Raid3n']...I'll have to put down the best xbox I've had. It will be like the little boy and Old Yeller...[/QUOTE]

If you do shoot your xbox with a rifle please post a video :)

[quote name='Himypiedie']I'll buy all that stuff for $120. do you have an eBay account?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to list it on Craigslist and have my brother in law list it on this work's swap shop to see what kind of offers I get for it.

I'll keep you in mind though if I don't get any good offers.

I hope I get shipping notice this week. I really want to try the Kinect out.

[quote name='gvamp']Thanks for the offer but I'm going to list it on Craigslist and have my brother in law list it on this work's swap shop to see what kind of offers I get for it.

I'll keep you in mind though if I don't get any good offers.

I hope I get shipping notice this week. I really want to try the Kinect out.[/QUOTE]
If you don't like it, you know who to sell it to! :)

[quote name='Himypiedie']If BK gets me my Xbox 360 before Christmas, I'm going to buy everything on the menu on the day it arrives. :D[/QUOTE]

please actually do this and post a video.

bread's done
Back