Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

This is going to sound rather...well stupid but is anybody else having issues with the UPS tracking system? I have not been able to get the damned thing to work, when I type in the wunderman promotions address for the shipment reference it says the reference exceeds the limit that can be shown, and any variations of that don't work period.

I feel a bit stupid since I can't work the ups tracking for the life of me lol

You need to limit it. Either by date range or by zip code. Most of us are using our shipping zip code to try to limit the search and see if one has been shipped.

[quote name='Raid3n']This is going to sound rather...well stupid but is anybody else having issues with the UPS tracking system? I have not been able to get the damned thing to work, when I type in the wunderman promotions address for the shipment reference it says the reference exceeds the limit that can be shown, and any variations of that don't work period.

I feel a bit stupid since I can't work the ups tracking for the life of me lol[/QUOTE]

Nothing has shipped today yet.

Never worked for me. I'm not talking about my zip either. I tried many different zips in major cities and I'd get the same result back. No matter, I'm patient enough, just kinda curious of the distribution of winners is all.

And if I really just have bad luck in testing out different zips and none of the ones I tried had a winner then I'll be surprised at not only that, but nobody in a major city here in Colorado has won or had their prize shipped.

[quote name='Raid3n']Never worked for me. I'm not talking about my zip either. I tried many different zips in major cities and I'd get the same result back. No matter, I'm patient enough, just kinda curious of the distribution of winners is all.

And if I really just have bad luck in testing out different zips and none of the ones I tried had a winner then I'll be surprised at not only that, but nobody in a major city here in Colorado has won or had their prize shipped.[/QUOTE]
They have only shipped out 2 batches so far. For the wins from 11/01 thru 11/05 and then 11/06 through 11/11. The rest haven't shipped yet. If you won between 11/01 and 11/05, then you would already have received it. If you won between 11/06 and 11/11, then your prize will get delivered sometime this week (depending on how far you are from FL via UPS Ground).

Just so you can see the search actually works, the very first package they shipped out (i.e. won on 11/01) went to ZIP 02111 (one of 60 Boston MA ZIP codes). The most recent package they shipped went to 78624 (the 92nd win from 11/11).

Recap of the shipping info so far... No new packages have turned up in the UPS database yet today.

Shipped:
11/01 wins: 68 consoles shipped 11/10
11/02 wins: 61 consoles shipped 11/11
11/03 wins: 67 consoles shipped 11/11
11/04 wins: 91 consoles shipped 11/11
11/05 wins: 86 consoles shipped 11/11

11/06 wins: 93 consoles shipped 12/03
11/07 wins: 93 consoles shipped 12/03
11/08 wins: 89 consoles shipped 12/03
11/09 wins: 91 consoles shipped 12/03
11/10 wins: 89 consoles shipped 12/03
11/11 wins: 92 consoles shipped 12/03

So far, it does not look like they are taking any additional anti-cheaters steps. No phone calls, and multiple prizes won using the same IP address have shipped. No news yet on wins shipped to the same address.

Also, shipping data above was obtained from the UPS shipping info. The missing prizes could be people that used an address that UPS could not deliver to? I vaguely remember seeing someone post that their email didn't have a tracking number, possibly because it was shipped using a different shipper?

Instructions for searching to see if your's shipped and you simply didn't get the email (yet?):
- go to the UPS Search by Reference web page;
- enter "[email protected]" in the Shipment Reference field (no quotes);
- set the Destination Country to US;
- set the Destination Postal/ZIP Code to your ZIP code;
- click Track.

Keep in mind that this will show all of the BK Kintect prize packages headed to the zip code indicated, so if you find (or more), it could be yours, or one headed to one of your neighbors. If you want to verify that the package is yours, you can give UPS a call at 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877). They won't tell you the address to which the package is being sent, but if you provide your address they will usually confirm if it is the same as the one on the package.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='A Gamer']Not yours. The wins from 11/24 have not shipped yet. Most likely someone else in your ZIP code area that won, too.

I bet you will find the UPS tracking site shows it as delivered on Wed, and yet no one rang your doorbell to get your signature. :bomb:

Just double checked, and according to the UPS reference numbers, no prizes won 11/12 or later have shipped yet. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
So someone else from my little hometown won also?! One shipment is heading here but I won mine on 11/17 and I haven't yet received any shipment confirmation email, so that one probably is not mine.

Yep... BK Shipped some more today... Will update with the dates as soon as the scan is completed.

Sadly, they changed the way they did the win dates, so I doubt I will be posting a list of win dates this time. Sorry.

[quote name='A Gamer']Yep... BK Shipped some more today... Will update with the dates as soon as the scan is completed.

Sadly, they changed the way they did the win dates, so I doubt I will be posting a list of win dates this time. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

You may not be able to post win dates because of how they did it this time around, but you can still get a good guess as to which days worth of consoles have been shipped out using that list you created a bit back. So far at least 11/12 was sent out, but perhaps more were.

[quote name='A Gamer']Yep... BK Shipped some more today... Will update with the dates as soon as the scan is completed.

Sadly, they changed the way they did the win dates, so I doubt I will be posting a list of win dates this time. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Oh God, I almost got a heart attack. When I read your post, I instantly went to check my email account. It was a new account, and I only used it on Burger King. I logged on, and what do you know, 1 new email. :D

I opened my inbox to find......A Gamefly promotion...:bomb:

I won on the 26th, so I guess it's going to take a while to get shipped. Oh well.

Oh great, I confirmed that BK ships them with an Adult Signature required. Oh well, I guess I'll ask some of my older friends if they could vouch for me. :)

Mine gets here tomorrow. It's gonna be REALLY hard for me to actually go to work instead of staying home and checking out Kinect.

Anyone from win on November 13th besides me get tracking information? I'm assuming that those will ship tomorrow if the 11/12 winners shipped today.

Can someone provide reference info on today's shipping from this promo, its been changed from [email protected] to something else. It should be in the e-mail that you got with your tracking information. Thanks!

EDIT: tracking via the wunderman e-mail still works, but there should be a 2nd tracking reference, thats what appears to have changed

[quote name='neoKEN']Can someone provide reference info on today's shipping from this promo, its been changed from [email protected] to something else. It should be in the e-mail that you got with your tracking information. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Ok just to clear this up they DID in fact change the reference it is now like
this BURGER KING-2010110255-NAME.(note this is a random date that I chose
just to show you guys the format. the "2010" is the year the "11" is the month
the "02" is the day and "55" is the prize won that day out of 96. The "NAME is
the winners name.

[quote name='neoKEN']Can someone provide reference info on today's shipping from this promo, its been changed from [email protected] to something else. It should be in the e-mail that you got with your tracking information. Thanks![/QUOTE]
The "[email protected]" is still valid.

They did, however change the other reference, which contained the win date, so it will be much more difficult to determine which days have shipped.

Instructions for searching to see if your's shipped and you simply didn't get the email (yet?):

- click Track.

Keep in mind that this will show all of the BK Kintect prize packages headed to the zip code indicated, so if you find one (or more), it could be yours, or one headed to one of your neighbors. If you want to verify that the package is yours, you can give UPS a call at 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877). They won't tell you the address to which the package is being sent, but if you provide your address they will usually confirm if it is the same as the one on the package.

tracking via the wunderman e-mail still works, but there should be a 2nd tracking reference, thats what appears to have changed

So far I have tracked down 87 BK prizes that shipped 12/06... All of them were for people that won on 11/12. However, the scan still isn't done yet, so there may be be a couple more.

Thanks to their new referencing method (i.e. including the winner's name in the reference), I now know the names of everyone that won on 11/12... Doh!

[quote name='A Gamer']Thanks to their new referencing method (i.e. including the winner's name in the reference), I now know the names of everyone that won on 11/12... Doh![/QUOTE]

Suddenly, across the country, thieves -

"Hey Mr. UPS driver, I'm *insert name here*, I'll take my Xbox prize pack! :D"

[quote name='Cheatmaster8']Nothing yet, I won on Dec 17[/QUOTE]

GREAT SCOTT! Marty, what have I told you about meddling with time travel for profit?!

[quote name='KingNothing09']Suddenly, across the country, thieves -

"Hey Mr. UPS driver, I'm *insert name here*, I'll take my Xbox prize pack! :D"[/QUOTE]
I would murder someone if they tried that with mine... And I'm not kidding

All your prizes are belong to us!!! The following winners from 11/12 had their prizes ship yesterday:

Code:
BRANDY T. - ATHENS, AL
COREY B. - PELL CITY, AL
JAMIE B. - PHOENIX, AZ
JUAN P. - CERES, CA
MARK K. - CUPERTINO, CA
ASHLEY C. - HESPERIA, CA
JOHN C. - MANTECA, CA
RUSSELL H. - ORANGE, CA
CHENG C. - SAN JOSE, CA
STEFANIE H. - CASTLE ROCK, CO
JOHN S. - DENVER, CO
ROBERT S. - MIAMI, FL
TERRY B. - OKEECHOBEE, FL
LYNN S. - STUART, FL
ANDY P. - TALLAHASSEE, FL
QUINTAVIUS G. - ATHENS, GA
HILLARY V. - DAWSONVILLE, GA
ANDREW S. - AMES, IA
FILPE M. - DES MOINES, IA
ANDRE B. - KUNA, ID
JOHN M. - ASHTON, IL
KURSTIN H. - CHICAGO, IL
KEVIN P. - KANKAKEE, IL
PAM B. - MOUNT VERNON, IL
ROSARIO I. - RIVER GROVE, IL
JAMES E. - SCOTT AFB, IL
J. D. - STREAMWOOD, IL
KATE S. - CRAWFORDSVILLE, IN
JEREMY B. - FORT WAYNE, IN
JONATHAN F. - INDIANAPOLIS, IN
MARK B. - WOLCOTTVILLE, IN
DEBBIE W. - HAYSVILLE, KS
STEPHEN F. - LAWRENCE, KS
JACOB P. - ROELAND PARK, KS
RHONDA W. - RUSSELL SPRINGS, KY
YONNETTA F. - BATON ROUGE, LA
LESSIE R. - BREAUX BRIDGE, LA
CHRISTINE O. - HANSON, MA
ANGELA A. - HYDE PARK, MA
LENNY L. - RANDOLPH, MA
LESLIE L. - BALTIMORE, MD
DARLA M. - GRAND BLANC, MI
JESSICA N. - RENVILLE, MN
NICOLE R. - ST PAUL, MN
ANDREW T. - CREVE COEUR, MO
JOHNNY H. - FORT LEONARD WOOD, MO
JESSE K. - ROCK PORT, MO
ANDREW F. - BILOXI, MS
MARK H. - MADISON, MS
SAMUEL R. - KANNAPOLIS, NC
JEFFREY H. - WOODBURY, NJ
SHARON H. - BROOKLYN, NY
TERRI C. - ELMIRA, NY
JESSICA R. - LE ROY, NY
JOSEPH C. - MASTIC, NY
ANDREW W. - SPRINGVILLE, NY
PATRICK M. - CINCINNATI, OH
JOHNNY S. - CLEVELAND, OH
JAMES F. - MAUMEE, OH
KIRT L. - NEWARK, OH
SEAN M. - REYNOLDSBURG, OH
JERRY J. - STRUTHERS, OH
MALIK A. - OWASSO, OK
KRISSY E. - LAKEVIEW, OR
RANDY Y. - MOLALLA, OR
E. S. - HARMONY, PA
STACEY O. - LATROBE, PA
CURTIS G. - NORTH CHARLEROI, PA
JIM B. - PITTSBURGH, PA
ERIC M. - SLATINGTON, PA
JIMMY H. - WEXFORD, PA
KAY S. - BRENTWOOD, TN
MR K. - CHATTANOOGA, TN
NITA W. - CORDOVA, TN
JOSH S. - BUDA, TX
TERRY M. - HUMBLE, TX
DAHLIA V. - MCALLEN, TX
ALDIS B. - PARK CITY, UT
PEDRO C. - SALT LAKE CITY, UT
RAY B. - ALEXANDRIA, VA
JUSTIN B. - CHESAPEAKE, VA
BARBARA P. - KESWICK, VA
ANGIE L. - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
TRAVIS B. - EVERETT, WA
LANCE J. - SPOKANE, WA
DAVE K. - MENOMONEE FALLS, WI
MISSY R. - MINERAL WELLS, WV

Note to Wunderman: adding the name to the reference number is not a good idea. K? See why? For privacy reasons, I used only the first initial from the last name. :O

Shipping update so far...

11/01 wins: 68 consoles shipped 11/10
11/02 wins: 61 consoles shipped 11/11
11/03 wins: 67 consoles shipped 11/11
11/04 wins: 91 consoles shipped 11/11
11/05 wins: 86 consoles shipped 11/11
11/06 wins: 93 consoles shipped 12/03
11/07 wins: 93 consoles shipped 12/03
11/08 wins: 89 consoles shipped 12/03
11/09 wins: 91 consoles shipped 12/03
11/10 wins: 89 consoles shipped 12/03
11/11 wins: 92 consoles shipped 12/03
11/12 wins: 87 consoles shipped 12/06

- click Track.

Keep in mind that this will show all of the BK Kintect prize packages headed to the zip code indicated, so if you find one (or more), it could be yours, or one headed to one of your neighbors. If you want to verify that the package is yours, you can give UPS a call at 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877). They won't tell you the address to which the package is being sent, but if you provide your address they will usually confirm if it is the same as the one on the package.

That definitely has to be a breach of privacy right there. Not saying you did anything wrong A Gamer, but the fact anybody could see the winners name definitely isn't good.

Hey, A Gamer, I appreciate your tracking for this contest! I get how to find if they've shipped your package (I won on the 27th, so I probably won't get mine until well after Christmas), but how exactly are you finding *all* of the packages that shipped on a certain day? I get the "limit exceeded" message unless I narrow it down by zip code, and I assume you're not doing that.

Wow, that is so fucked up that they would release all that information... especially now in days, I guess it's our fault for winning huh...

[quote name='zegota']Hey, A Gamer, I appreciate your tracking for this contest! I get how to find if they've shipped your package (I won on the 27th, so I probably won't get mine until well after Christmas), but how exactly are you finding *all* of the packages that shipped on a certain day? I get the "limit exceeded" message unless I narrow it down by zip code, and I assume you're not doing that.[/QUOTE]
You could do it that way, by automating the 30k-40k zip codes (I am sure you can google a full list of valid zip codes).

I used to track the Club Bing packages (i.e. thousands of packages a day). I simply adjusted that code to track these instead. I have used that same setup several times in the past... The only one I can think of off hand is the ODST promo a few months ago?

Also, searching for all 30k zip codes via automated methods could raise some attention from the UPS IT people, so if you do decide to try it, be careful and thoughtful of others trying to track their packages using the UPS web site (i.e. don't inadvertently create a denial of service situation).

[quote name='A Gamer']You could do it that way, by automating the 30k-40k zip codes (I am sure you can google a full list of valid zip codes).

I used to track the Club Bing packages (i.e. thousands of packages a day). I simply adjusted that code to track these instead. I have used that same setup several times in the past... The only one I can think of off hand is the ODST promo a few months ago?

Also, searching for all 30k zip codes via automated methods could raise some attention from the UPS IT people, so if you do decide to try it, be careful and thoughtful of others trying to track their packages using the UPS web site (i.e. don't inadvertently create a denial of service situation).[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, I won't bother if you're doing something more complicated. I was just curious, because I'm impatient (GIMME MY FREE STUFF NAO!)

[quote name='A Gamer']You could do it that way, by automating the 30k-40k zip codes (I am sure you can google a full list of valid zip codes).

Also, searching for all 30k zip codes via automated methods could raise some attention from the UPS IT people, so if you do decide to try it, be careful and thoughtful of others trying to track their packages using the UPS web site (i.e. don't inadvertently create a denial of service situation).[/QUOTE]

He speaks the truth. I wrote a script to mine email addresses for best buy stores during the final days of the MGS code hunt promo... worked great for about 20 minutes then blew up their site.

Remember, kids - think ahead before you code. :)

[quote name='Raid3n']That definitely has to be a breach of privacy right there. Not saying you did anything wrong A Gamer, but the fact anybody could see the winners name definitely isn't good.[/QUOTE]

Not quite, you sign your name on the dotted line for them to use your name and location for some advertising when you win. This is still totally legit.

Partial names like what A Gamer used I can understand, but full names? That to me is pushing it a bit. I have no problems with them advertising a winners name to boast the legitimacy of the contest but in my mind it should be the partial name, first name with an initial for last for example. Full names and city of residence though? Not cool.

So I take it none shipped today (December 7th) or maybe they just haven't shipped out yet.

I *should* be in the next batch of shipped prizes since I won fairly early on November 13.

EDIT: Fixed an error.

Actually, so far we know that wins from 11/13 and 11/14 have shipped. But the data just got uploaded so it will take a while for the emails (and my scan) to complete.

Thanks A Gamer so it's possible that November 13/14 winners shipped today just haven't gotten shipping e-mails yet?

Well that's a releif I'm hoping I can play the kinect this weekend.

Actually, looks more like 11/13 thru 11/17 at this point. Estimating a little over 300 total shipped today.

As far as I know, no emails have gone out yet.

[quote name='A Gamer']Actually, so far we know that wins from 11/13 and 11/14 have shipped. But the data just got uploaded so it will take a while for the emails (and my scan) to complete.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I won on the 14th and was able to view my package online using the track by reference, but have not recieved my e-mail yet.

[quote name='A Gamer']Actually, looks more like 11/13 thru 11/17 at this point. Estimating a little over 300 total shipped today.

As far as I know, no emails have gone out yet.[/QUOTE]
a do you know how to look up the subway prizes with ups?

[quote name='A Gamer']Actually, looks more like 11/13 thru 11/17 at this point. Estimating a little over 300 total shipped today.

Won on the 15th and was able to find it using UPS ref method!

Thanks man, no email yet though.

Looks like mine shipped I just haven't gotten the e-mail yet.

I know it's mine because my town is very small and the only other person who won was my brother in law but he won a week and a half after me.

Thanks for all the hard work you've done! I won on the 25th, so I'm hopeful that mine ships soon. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back