Burnout Paradise (360) - $17.99 @EB

SickBoy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Didn't see this anywhere so sorry if it's old, but I picked up Burnout for $18 new today. Pretty good deal for a game that's apparently awesome... didn't care for the demo, but couldn't pass it up for cheap and with all the free content seems worthwhile.

Don't know about the PS3 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal. But it's cheap because there's a new version coming out with the new DLC. It's called Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box.

The Ultimate Box will be available in Feb 2009 and will contain:

The original Burnout Paradise
Codename: Cagney
Burnout Bikes
Burnout Paradise Party
Plus a mountain of new refinements

I want the game mostly for the new car pack :) Classic TV and movies cars.

[quote name='maigoyume']Wow, thanks for the heads up PZ.

I would've gone to pick it up if I didn't know about the new bundle.[/quote]

The only thing you don't get with the regular edition of BP is the Party Pack which won't cost more than $10 on XBLM (the rest is free DLC). While the Ultimate Box is going to be $40. I guess if you like the box art you could wait for the Ultimate Box. Or if you don't have an internet connection to download the free packs. Or to save less than 1GB hard drive space assuming all the DLC is playable from the disc. So do you want to pay $27 or $40! If you don't have any friends to play with in the same room the party pack is useless so you could save another $10. But it's a great game either way. :applause:

Definitely going to snag this today. I need more car smashy uppy in my life. :D Don't get me wrong, the advent of the 'fragenema' in Fallout 3 is the greatest thing ever created in gaming history (reverse pickpocket a live grenade) but car smashy is as canon as shooting nazis...

....In other words, gonna buy it. lol.

[quote name='bs000']The only thing you don't get with the regular edition of BP is the Party Pack which won't cost more than $10 on XBLM (the rest is free DLC). While the Ultimate Box is going to be $40. I guess if you like the box art you could wait for the Ultimate Box. Or if you don't have an internet connection to download the free packs. Or to save less than 1GB hard drive space assuming all the DLC is playable from the disc. So do you want to pay $27 or $40! If you don't have any friends to play with in the same room the party pack is useless so you could save another $10. But it's a great game either way. :applause:[/quote]I'm just a sucker for bundles and LE things. Either way I'll just wait till the price drops for the ultimate box. I've got a backlog that'll keep me busy for the next while so I'm in no rush. I appreciate the rundown though :)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Good deal. But it's cheap because there's a new version coming out with the new DLC. It's called Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box.

The Ultimate Box will be available in Feb 2009 and will contain:

The original Burnout Paradise
Codename: Cagney
Burnout Bikes
Burnout Paradise Party
Plus a mountain of new refinements

I want the game mostly for the new car pack :) Classic TV and movies cars.[/quote]

Sadly, The Ultimate Box is only for the UK, Australia and Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='janlazer']Just called EB here and they're saying $19.99 new. Ah well..Couple of bucks ain't THAT big of a deal.[/quote]

Is that for the PS3 version? Otherwise that's odd ... or they're wrong... because I know I paid $18 (it was $19 and change, taxes in... and I saw it at two locations. The first was too busy so I went to a quieter one and bought it there)

I specifically said Xbox 360, but they may have screwed up. Not a big fan of the Leduc EB Games...Staff doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.."One red light? Yeah, its screwed up. The motherboard's melted." Actual quote. I like the manager, but unfortunately I am unable to get in to the store when he's working..grrr..

wow i dunno wtf but i just called my local EB Games and I asked specifically for Burnout Paradise for the 360. "$64.99" ............ w . t . f.

I wonder if some EB's hire on the basis of how long one can sit and use a Virtual Boy...

That's gotta be the cause of this brain damage that the majority of the employees seem to suffer. lol.

EA announced today that the Burnout Paradise Party Pack is going to be released February 4, 2009 along with new pricing for the game itself - $19.99. The link is to a Playstation site, but the news also applies to the 360 version (not the PSN download obviously!).

So 19.99 is the new price then...but the ultimate edition isn't being released for consoles. Might just get it at 17.99 then next time I go to EB

I don't know what the deal is -- some people on RFD are reporting the EB price at $19.99, too. Still, this was the price at two separate locations here, and definitely new copies of the game.

I've seen the PS3 version since... it's $19.99.

I got a NEW copy from EB @ 17.99.

THE OP IS NOT CRAZY!

However I only go it at that price because the sticker said so.
The sticker IS DATED JAN/13/09

It scanned up as $19.99 in their system.

EB had a SALE, but THEN RAISED THE PRICE!

CASE CLOSED!

I picked up a copy yesterday while I was reserving Killzone 2 (wanted the demo code!). I paid $ 20 for a new copy of Burnout Paradise for the PS3. Took forever to actually play the game last night between the PS3 firmware update and then all the title updates themselves. Game plays and looks great and I will definitely be spending some time with this game.

I picked up a new copy of this at Rogers for $19.99 a couple of days ago.

BTW 2/40+1 free 9.99 game was still going on there, but only at some stores (not all) in K/W) but pretty bare selection

bread's done
Back