Burnout Paradise Bundle $20.99 on PSN--Buy or Deny?

PseudoFinrod

CAGiversary!
The Burnout Paradise bundle is on sale for $20.99 on PSN, and I am tempted. I am not particularly fond of racing games in general--EXCEPT for Mario Kart. It's good goofy fun, and I enjoyed Burnout Revenge for similar reasons.
So I guess I'm just looking for perspective--Paradise has been nearly universally acclaimed, but have any non-racing fans out there found enjoyment in it?

I loved burnout on 360, and im having trouble finding a ps3 copy currently. I was also tempted to download it for 20.99 but i only had $20 PSN dollars. Its not a simulation. I didnt like the Forza Series or Gran Turismo even Need for Speed, but Burnout was great.

Burnout is a great game. Lots of fun but not the kart style as you'd expect. There should be a demo on PSN to download. Give that a shot. Now, what is included in the bundle?

its a great game and imo one of the best aspects of it is being able to use your own music in the game. id suggest buying it used or new somewhere you should be able to pick it up for less than 20.99.

Burnout is more of a driving game, rather than a racing game. A lot of the events don't have anything to do with racing. I will say that the game is easily worth $20, but I've heard that the included items in the bundle aren't but, its only $1, so you might as well give it a shot.

Burnout Paradise alone was worth $20 -- the complete bundle for $1 more is an absolute steal.

It's also a fairly easy Platinum trophy, if you're into hunting them.

BP is one of my favorite games of all time and I'll never shut up about how great the support after release was. If you at all enjoy driving cars in video games you'll love it.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Burnout Paradise alone was worth $20 -- the complete bundle for $1 more is an absolute steal.

It's also a fairly easy Platinum trophy, if you're into hunting them.[/QUOTE]

I don't think its a complete bundle.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I don't think its a complete bundle.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, it's not a complete bundle. It includes the original game and the "Party Pack."
I decided to go ahead and bite, and am enjoying it thus far. Thanks for your perspective, everyone :)

Buying downloadable versions of games readily available for about the same price at retail will just convince Sony to go full on digital download for the PS4. The game is available new for $19.99 at Gamestop($17.99 used).

It'd still be better to download it for $21 than import a copy for probably double the price (s&h overseas is a pain)

Also, the Ultimate Edition only comes with the Party Pack and the free updates until the Party Pack. You still have the Legendary Cars, Toy Cars, Boost Cars, Cops n Robbers and Big Surf Island to buy. BSI is the one you have to download though, because it's awesome.

bread's done
Back