Burnout Paradise Rental > PSN Bundle

klinediscream

CAG Veteran
I have quite a few questions about Burnout Paradise on PS3, hopefully someone out there has the answers to them. Also shortening title of game to BP.

So I've been renting BP from Gamefly for about 3 months now. Already I've spent more money renting it than if I had just bought it new. :oops: I also just realized (I generally only look at the Store's New Releases so I didn't notice before) that you can buy the whole game from the PS Store along with the add-on that the game kept bugging me to buy. This is an attractive option since I have too many game and movie discs lying around my PS3 as is.

Question 1: However, I wanted to know before I purchased if all the trophies and current cars I have unlocked will still be available after I download the whole game.

Question 2: How much HDD space does the BP Ultimate Bundle and Big Surf Island Add-On currently take up? I probably need to buy a new HD soon as I'm down to about 30/80GB remaining on the original now.

Question 3: Total cost of said Bundle and Add-on, and is it a good deal? (This being CAG after all. :lol: )

Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions that are provided!

If you have been updating Burnout Paradise to the newest version, then you already have it as all that stuff is stored in the updates. All you purchase when you buy the DLC is a 100 kB unlock code.

Now the bad news, save games between the disc game and the download version of the game are incompatible, you'd have to start over from scratch if you purchased Burnout on PSN instead of buying it on Disc.

I was afraid that might be the case for savegames being incompatible with the other version. I've clocked in quite a few hours over the last 3 months so I'm not sure if I really want to do it all over again. Thanks for the info though.

Are you 100% sure that that is the case with save data? i know the trophies will carry over between the disc/online versions. there also isn't two different trophies packages for burnout paradise and it doesn't seem as though the burnout disc reads any differently than the online version regarding how the ps3 displays it when people are signed in and playing.

It is 100% the case : disc and DL savedata is not compatible. I found this out the hardway myself - I love having as many fully installed games on my ps3 as possible, and starting over was my fee.

i learned something new today =D.

if you can afford it, just upgrade to a 320 or a 500. you'll need to do it sooner or later. the longer you, the more of a mess it'll be to transfer that much more data. if i could go back in time, i would immediately have swapped out the hdd.

so you waited this long and still haven't purchased bp. i dont know if it'll drop any further.

I can confirm the save data doesn't work, i gameshared burnout from a friend and just deleted it cause i wont restart my Burnout license

Annoying to have to put in the disc but eh

I got a used copy of the retail version of BP for PS3 last summer for about $12 by using my EDGE card and a GS 20% off coupon. That's pretty damn cheap if you ask me...

I think I'm still leaning towards PSN download actually, some other questions occured to me.

Question four: For those who do have the game installed on HDD, is the loading time any shorter when playing the downloaded game versus disc-based?

Question five: Two-part question. Can I gameshare BP with my best friends's PS3s? And does this allow us to multiplay online together?

I think I'm okay with playing through again, it should be a lot faster than before since I know more of the shortcuts around the city. Or there's the option of *gasp* cheating and downloading the 100% savegames from off the internet I guess... probably have to make sure the save is for the downloaded version though. :D

Lots of people suggesting a storage upgrade. :D Well I'll check out some threads around here for HDD deals, but I'll probably wait till Black Friday or something as most of my media files are backed up on my 1TB external already anyways. Though I admit I do have quite a few Rock Band/GH DLC and PAIN downloaded that I need to back up.

And if any cares to know the reason I didn't buy BP sooner, for a long time I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to enjoy the game as much as Burnout Revenge. And overall I still think I prefer Revenge. There are a lot of nice touches in BP, but I still miss all the Revenge Crash modes and the ability to do Revenge Takedowns by exploding your wreck :cool:. And the sandbox element of BP sometimes feels like a real time-waster. Although since this is one of the PS3 games that now supports custom soundtrack, flipping through my albums alleviates some of that.

I have successfully gameshared the expansion pack, and played online with that person with no problems. You can buy packs that unlock all the cars, I think it's like 2.99? That way you can still get all your trophies with the fun cars :)

So I sent my rental back to GameFly and purchased the BP Bundle about 2 days ago, it did actually force me to download about 3.5 GB data after purchase from the PS Store and then upon launch asked me to download version updates still even though I had the latest update for the disc version. :whistle2:s

Anyway after a couple hours, I got the game running disc-less on my PS3. It'll probably take a lot longer for my best friend to download though since his internet connection is DSL. :roll:

bread's done
Back