Bush's Greatest Moment In Office

dennis_t

CAGiversary!
This is so pathetic.

A German interviewer asked George W. Bush Friday to name the "most awful" and the "most wonderful" moments of his presidency so far. Here is how the president responded:

Bush: The most awful moment was September the 11th, 2001.

Reporter: The famous picture when somebody gave you the information?

Bush: Yes, that. I think, like all of us, it took a while for the -- it was more than a moment. It was the event and the aftermath. On a situation like that, it takes a period to understand exactly what was going on. When somebody says, America is under attack, and -- you've got to fully understand what that meant. And the information coming was haphazard at best for a while. We weren't sure if the State Department got hit. I'd heard the White House had got attacked. Of course, I was worried that -- my family was here.

And so I would say the toughest moment of all was after the whole reality sunk in and I was trying to help the nation understand what was going on, and at the same time, be empathetic for those who had lost lives.

The best moment was -- you know, I've had a lot of great moments. I don't know, it's hard to characterize the great moments. They've all been busy moments, by the way. I would say the best moment was when I caught a seven-and-a-half pound large-mouth bass on my lake.

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2006/05/08/bestworst/index.html

largebass7kw.jpg

Its really quite pathetic to think that the President of the United States, one of the most powerful men on the planet, able to help millions of people with a single stroke of his pen, and his greatest achievement is catching a moderately-sized fish.

Until you take into account that he was fishing in a man-made lake which is regularly stocked, making his fishing expeditions roughly as sporting as Cheney shooting caged, farm-raised quails. Then it moves up to breakthtakingly pathetic.

This could probably serve as a pretty good metaphor for the entire Bush administration: they're at their best in artificially created moments that help no one and involve killing.

His greatest moment in his office will be on inauguration day when he passes the torch (read:shit bag) to the new democratic president.

Nice circle jerk you've got going here fellas. If you weren't all so flamingly liberal, I'd assume you were all gay.

When you're done finishing each other off, you could perhaps post a more meaningful vs. topic from some other current liberal orgasmic event. Or haven't you had enough bush hating for one day ?

[quote name='bmulligan']Nice circle jerk you've got going here fellas. If you weren't all so flamingly liberal, I'd assume you were all gay.

When you're done finishing each other off, you could perhaps post a more meaningful vs. topic from some other current liberal orgasmic event. Or haven't you had enough bush hating for one day ?[/quote]
First off, you're the one jumping into the middle of the circle ;)
Second, I'll never get tired of bashing Bush. It's a national pastime (like fishing :lol: )

[quote name='bmulligan']Nice circle jerk you've got going here fellas. If you weren't all so flamingly liberal, I'd assume you were all gay.

When you're done finishing each other off, you could perhaps post a more meaningful vs. topic from some other current liberal orgasmic event. Or haven't you had enough bush hating for one day ?[/QUOTE]

Now....how about commenting on the fact that he chose catching a fish as his proudest moment as President of the most powerful country in the world?

Or is facing reality too painful for you, and you'd rather fling invective like your own filth?

[quote name='bmulligan']Nice circle jerk you've got going here fellas. If you weren't all so flamingly liberal, I'd assume you were all gay. [/quote]

And why isn't that preferable to whining about the great liberal menace?

[quote name='dennis_t']Now....how about commenting on the fact that he chose catching a fish as his proudest moment as President of the most powerful country in the world?

Or is facing reality too painful for you, and you'd rather fling invective like your own filth?[/QUOTE]

You'd prefer that proud moment when he grabbed a bullhorn at ground zero? Somehow you fartlighters would turn it into part of his quest for nazi power.

Was it telling Helen Thomas to get bent ? was it calling Kerry an asshole? Was it mission accomplished?

The point is that any attempt to show pride in any of his actions as president would only serve as fodder for the trolls like all of you liberal catfish (read: bottomfeeders) who wouldn't hesitate to misconstrue pride as hubris and invalidate anything he decided to choose as his shining accomplishment.

Cathing a big mouth bass as your proud moment is akin to giving the finger to you people who have nothing in your illustrious lives to be proud of accomplishing yourselves. If he said he became a scratch golfer we'd never hear the end of that one, would we ?

When you're done finishing each other off, you could perhaps post a more meaningful vs. topic from some other current liberal orgasmic event. Or haven't you had enough bush hating for one day ?[/QUOTE]

Okay... who are you again and what gives you the damn right to crash our Liberal party? I mean really... if you don't like it then hit the backpage and move on. But don't tell me that I shouldn't speak my mind just because it fucking offends your Republicon ass.

Oh, and Bush is a douchbag who can't speak a coherant sentence unless there is a teleprompt in front of him with his lines being fed to him. :D

[quote name='bmulligan']You'd prefer that proud moment when he grabbed a bullhorn at ground zero?[/QUOTE]

His proudest moment is standing on top of a mass grave you spineless cretin?

[quote name='bmulligan']Cathing a big mouth bass as your proud moment is akin to giving the finger to you people who have nothing in your illustrious lives to be proud of accomplishing yourselves.[/quote]

Relax, it's a joke, just like the president.

[quote name='Drocket']Its really quite pathetic to think that the President of the United States, one of the most powerful men on the planet, able to help millions of people with a single stroke of his pen, and his greatest achievement is catching a moderately-sized fish.

Until you take into account that he was fishing in a man-made lake which is regularly stocked, making his fishing expeditions roughly as sporting as Cheney shooting caged, farm-raised quails. Then it moves up to breakthtakingly pathetic.

This could probably serve as a pretty good metaphor for the entire Bush administration: they're at their best in artificially created moments that help no one and involve killing.[/quote]

Thats gotta be the best thing I've read all night/early morning!:applause:

Oh, and bmulligan, how can it be liberal if its straight from the moneys mouth?

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Thats gotta be the best thing I've read all night/early morning!:applause:

[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed the part of the article that mentioned how he had the bass mounted and now it sings "Take me to the River" to him. He calls it "Billy."

spam troll

if you think you have to be 'liberal' (lmfao) to disagree with Bush then you're quite insane.

or you think that Dennis Hastert is a 'liberal'

put down the Kool-Aid junior. time to deal with reality and stop rocking the prefab talking points.

not everyone who disagrees with you or Bush is a 'liberal' or even a Democrat.

that's a fact

^^ I'm taking bmulligan's point to be that it seems like you can't read a single post in this forum anymore, now that Bush hate has reached epic proportions arond here (even when he was popular it was extremely high due to a large tilt toward the liberal persuasion here), without someone ripping on Bush; that it's like an obsession for many of these people -- and for them it doesn't matter what Bush does or doesn't do, he's wrong, stupid and dangerous all at the same time regardless. And you know what? Bmulligan's right on that score.

[quote name='elprincipe']^^ I'm taking bmulligan's point to be that it seems like you can't read a single post in this forum anymore, now that Bush hate has reached epic proportions arond here (even when he was popular it was extremely high due to a large tilt toward the liberal persuasion here), without someone ripping on Bush; that it's like an obsession for many of these people -- and for them it doesn't matter what Bush does or doesn't do, he's wrong, stupid and dangerous all at the same time regardless. And you know what? Bmulligan's right on that score.[/QUOTE]

Only in the sense that those continually seeking profundity to escape from Bush's lips will find themselves disappointed each and every time. Forgive those of us who expect that from the "leader of the free world," though you have an implicit point that it's not as if anything he would say would garner respect. He just has a way of outdoing himself each and every time.

niceguyshawne, you are simulataneously the winner of this thread, in addition to the biggest asshole for reminding me of that awful 12-second phenomena.

Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska said in an interview with U.S. News & World Report that "the White House is completely disconnected from reality ... The reality is that we're losing in Iraq."

On Sunday, Sen. John McCain was asked on NBC's "Meet the Press" whether Vice President Cheney's comments last week that Iraq is in the "last throes" of the insurgency were correct. "No," McCain tersely replied.

That frank sentiment comes on the heels of a well-publicized reversal from an early outspoken supporter of the war, Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C., who coined the term "freedom fries" to express his outrage with France. Perhaps more than many of his colleagues, Jones faces potential electoral fallout from the war in Iraq: He has three major military bases in his district at the eastern end of the state, and counts tens of thousands of veterans among his constituency.

Paul Findley (R-IL) and Paul N. “Pete” McCloskey (R-CA) appeared jointly at a public hearing convened by the Council for the National Interest on Capitol Hill on January 27 to examine the direction of US Middle East policy.

Findley deplored the thinking of the Bush administration and its advisers in combating terrorism. He warned that they failed to recognize what “is vivid to most of the world -- the real ground zero of terrorism is in Palestine, not Manhattan.”

Findley told the Capitol Hill audience: “I have never worried about America’s future -- until now -- but we are in a deep hole in Iraq... In the name of national security, the president has brought about fundamental, revolutionary changes that threaten our national moorings.”

In carrying out his policies, “Bush isolates America from common undertakings with time-tested allies. He trivializes the United Nations and violates its charter... while at home, he stoops to bigoted measures based on race and national origin, tramples of civil liberties, and spreads anxiety, fear, and shame throughout the land.”

In a break with the White House, House Speaker Dennis Hastert, an Illinois Republican, said he was surprised by the nomination and concerned about Hayden's background.

"I don't think a military guy should be head of CIA, frankly," Hastert said. "I don't know anything about him."

No matter what the guy said, you would just turn it into a negative remark anyways.

Paging Mr. Obvious...Mr. Bush's comment was a joke.

::runs away::

[quote name='Scahom1']No matter what the guy said, you would just turn it into a negative remark anyways.

Paging Mr. Obvious...Mr. Bush's comment was a joke.

::runs away::[/QUOTE]

Almost as big of a joke as his Presidency...

Let's just go with your theory that it was a joke for a minute. He was talking with a foreign reporter. Now, knowing what the rest of the world thinks of him (and us), who, in their right mind, would use the opportunity to crack a joke about his presidency, making it an even bigger joke than what many think it already is? If your theory is correct, he is not only a fool for not using that opportunity to build foreign relations, but he is also being disrespectful to everyone from the reporter, who deserved a serious answer to his question, to the American voters, who elected a President, not a comedian.

The bottom line is, with all of the opportunities that he has had to be a great leader, choosing to give a flip answer about a fish (which is not even a true story) is indicative of the level of respect he has for the country he was elected to lead.

now here is something interesting, i read in a different article that he caught a perch not a bass "I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound perch in my lake," he told the newspaper in an interview published on Sunday http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/08/AR2006050800020.html

and apparently the largest perch ever caught was a 4 pounder

Last weekend, Phil Deer, Jr. of Delta, Pennsylvania caught a record setting yellow perch in a pond in Harford County. The perch is the largest ever caught in Maryland and the fourth largest on record in the world. DNR confirmed the "perch’s size as 3 pounds, 5 ounces and 16 ¼ inches long, which eclipsed the Maryland record of 2 pounds 6.75 ounces set at Deep Creek Lake in 2003. Worldwide, Deer’s fish places behind a 4 pound, 3 ounce perch caught in New Jersey in 1865; a 3 pound, 12 ounce perch caught in Michigan in 1947; and a 3 pound, 8 ounce perch caught in New York in 1982. All records are for the fresh water division."

so he lied about the size of the fish in his greatest moment in office, kinda sad

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']now here is something interesting, i read in a different article that he caught a perch not a bass "I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound perch in my lake," he told the newspaper in an interview published on Sunday http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/08/AR2006050800020.html

and apparently the largest perch ever caught was a 4 pounder

Last weekend, Phil Deer, Jr. of Delta, Pennsylvania caught a record setting yellow perch in a pond in Harford County. The perch is the largest ever caught in Maryland and the fourth largest on record in the world. DNR confirmed the "perch’s size as 3 pounds, 5 ounces and 16 ¼ inches long, which eclipsed the Maryland record of 2 pounds 6.75 ounces set at Deep Creek Lake in 2003. Worldwide, Deer’s fish places behind a 4 pound, 3 ounce perch caught in New Jersey in 1865; a 3 pound, 12 ounce perch caught in Michigan in 1947; and a 3 pound, 8 ounce perch caught in New York in 1982. All records are for the fresh water division."

so he lied about the size of the fish in his greatest moment in office, kinda sad[/QUOTE]

Bill Maher was talking about that on his show last week.

[quote name='dmpolska']Are you people that stupid and biased as to not realize that was a joke? Seriously...[/QUOTE]

The "joke" being Dubya, right? :lol:

[quote name='dmpolska']Are you people that stupid and biased as to not realize that was a joke? Seriously...[/QUOTE]

Give me a line of thinking that would lead me to believe that this was, in fact, a joke and I will reconsider my position.

What I would guess Bush was thinking when he answered this question:
"Hmm, they want my greatest accomplishment. Well, oil company profits are through the roof, but I can't say that... I suppose I could mention the invasion of Iraq, but then they'll point out the fact that I lied through my teeth to justify it, and that its turned into a complete mess, and besides, that's basically just the oil company profits answer again. Hmm, I know, I'll try telling a joke. Maybe they'll laugh and not ask me anything else. Eh-heheheh"

I definitely think it was a joke, but it was a joke told specifically to distract attention away from the fact that he has NOTHING he can point to as a positive accomplishment. If he could have pled the fifth on that question, he probably would have.

bread's done
Back