Buttons to Change Backlight on Lite?

dsl6wb.jpg

Am I missing something? Touching that on my lite totally blacks out both screens. If Im quick I can touch the same spot again to get it back on, otherwise....

There are a few games (Metroid Prime Pinball, and World Championship Poker are two that come to mind) that let you flip off the backlight and back on completely from their menu. On the lite this makes it looks completely blank unless you really look close and/or have really really bright light. zebbs, try doing that in full sunlight and you should be able to tell the screen isn't actually totally blacked, but it really isn't playable at all of course. All the games I've seen like this let you flip it back on by hitting the same button on that same menu selection. So just hit the A button again and it should come back. Now if you shut down the lite and it comes back on with the light still completely off... Not sure, haven't seen that happen.

My guess is this is something that works well on the fatty DS, but obviously isn't useful at all on the lite. I'd guess no future games will include it.

The lowest of the standard settings (cycled from the button in JL's post) is very playable for me in very dim to no light conditions. However it is much brighter than the screen after an in-game menu flips the backlight off. After all it still has backlighting (just at a lower intensity) with the lowest standard setting.

bread's done
Back