Buy 1 Get 1 50% off at Amazon, over 180 games

xxjonoxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JoshTX']Has anyone played Fist Of The North Star? Is it worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I loved FOTNS, but I wouldn't recommend getting it if you're not a fan of Koei games (it's made by the same guys who did Dynasty warriors, although this game has a somewhat slower pace than those) or if you're not a fan of the anime/manga

I just got Fallout New Vegas at the 19.99 price, and it is also in the buy 1 get 1 50% off deal, and it works still!

I got Fallout and Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood, AC:B came out to 19.16. Not bad for a new copy IMO.

Altogether less than $40, so I'm happy. And with Batman that I bought earlier... Damn it I didn't plan I buying ANY games today let alone 3!

[quote name='jacknicklson']New Vegas and Killzone 3 for $50!

The New Vegas gold box deal with deduct 50% off any title $59.99 or less FYI[/QUOTE]

Oh nice find. I just got the same deal :p And it was Killzone 3 Helghast edition.

Argh, I had New Vegas and Bulletstorm in my cart for $39.98 total, waited until the last minute, then decided not to bite after all. :p

[quote name='rockx4']Oh nice find. I just got the same deal :p And it was Killzone 3 Helghast edition.[/QUOTE]
Awesome deal! :D Also, $50 with Castlevania Limited Edition.

I look at this as helghast for 50 and a free fallout!!! Great timing as I am falling out hard on fallout 3 right now. Than soon Oblivion 5th year comes out.

I hope New Vegas isn't as glitchy and buggy as everyone says it is.

I love CAG because when I saw NV as the gold box of the hour, I quickly thought of this promo and scurried over to CAG to see if the stacking did indeed work.

I don't know if I'll like Killzone, or Fallout NV on a PS3, but I do know this is one hell of a deal. I placed an order to lock it in.

I love you cag, I really do.

I just discovered something...I added both versions of Fallout New Vegas to my cart (PS3 and Xbox 360). It took $30 off them on top of the $20 off each. $10 for both shipped (with prime)!!

[quote name='rockx4']I "save" a lot of money through CAG, but somehow I spend at least 3x more than normal on games annually.[/QUOTE]

Being a cag doesn't mean you save money, it means you get more for the money you spend (which is a lot).

For those just looking to upgrade their ps3 copy SW Force Unleashed 2 to the CE just buy 2 at $26 and the total with come to $39. Then trade in just the games to Best Buy at $20 each for $40 total. So in the end you will make $1 and have all the extra stuff from 2 CE's left over.

[quote name='ZForce']I loved FOTNS, but I wouldn't recommend getting it if you're not a fan of Koei games (it's made by the same guys who did Dynasty warriors, although this game has a somewhat slower pace than those) or if you're not a fan of the anime/manga[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. I was under the impression it was a more traditional beat-em up.

Crap, I missed out on the FO:NV get KZ3 1/2 off. I was thinking of buying 2x KZ3:HE and having the 2nd one shipped to whoever wanted to send $47 via PayPal (enough to cover the 2.9% + .30c fee I'll get charged). I have prime so I think it would send it 2nd Day Air to the 2nd recipient.

If anybody is interested PM me.

Might get Bulletstorm or Undead Nightmare & KZ3 HE. Any of you guys think it would be worth it?

[quote name='rockx4']I "save" a lot of money through CAG, but somehow I spend at least 3x more than normal on games annually.[/QUOTE]

Yea that's what happenned to me. Once you realize that you're justy building backlog.. Then youll stop spending so much and wait longer.. Well that's how I am now.. More patient with prices

[quote name='giantqtipz']Yea that's what happenned to me. Once you realize that you're justy building backlog.. Then youll stop spending so much and wait longer.. Well that's how I am now.. More patient with prices[/QUOTE]

2nd this, I've quit buying games until I'm either ready to play them or it's something I know I want to play and it's $10-$15. I've been burned buying a game for $30 and putting it on the shelf only for it to be $10 weeks later.

[quote name='sdcranford']2nd this, I've quit buying games until I'm either ready to play them or it's something I know I want to play and it's $10-$15. I've been burned buying a game for $30 and putting it on the shelf only for it to be $10 weeks later.[/QUOTE]

if only there was a way to clone yourself and experience what he experiences as well. i never thought i would ever build a backlog but it's happened. anyone know if any of the wii games are worth getting?

[quote name='jacknicklson']Selling off my backlog was the best thing I've done gaming related
Very liberating[/QUOTE]

I've been doing this too, just keeping stuff I REALLY want to play. Too many great games out there to play the crap that looks somewhat good.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Selling off my backlog was the best thing I've done gaming related
Very liberating[/QUOTE]

I've been doing this too, just keeping stuff I REALLY want to play. Too many great games out there to play the crap that looks somewhat good.

[quote name='joeshmoe']Might get Bulletstorm or Undead Nightmare & KZ3 HE. Any of you guys think it would be worth it?[/QUOTE]

Still would like advice if this is a good idea or not :D

[quote name='jacknicklson']Doesnt sound like you'd be maximizing your discount with either of those[/QUOTE]

I doubt Undead Nightmare will get decrease much in price though, Bulletstorm will for sure go down at least 10 bucks though.

It trades for 15 just get 2 and trade the other one making your copy cheaper by $4

EDIT: Then again it was just $17 on newegg this morning so might be worth it to just wait it out a little longer

Probably Saturday will be last day. It's a fake match of the Target deal for this week, so I guess it will die when the Target deal dies.

Fallout: New Vegas is $59.99 for the sale, but if I buy it without the sale on Amazon, it's $19.99? Nice try.

Been reading some of the other posts re: CAG and "saving money".

I am relatively new to the gaming market; bought my first PS3 via a Father's Day bundle (I'm not a Father) at GameStop exactly one year ago today. For probably six months, I relied on GameStop and eBay for my games.

Throughout that time, I started playing games I never intended on playing and/or had interest in. I thought, "I'll get NCAA 2010, and some boxing games: Fight Night 3 and 4, etc.". I didn't "buy in" to ANYTHING not-"sport". Then I came across COD4, liked it sort of but still thought the idea of getting online (multi-player as I now know it) was just not for me...that's for "them". THEN, Battlefield BC2. Got pretty jacked with that one; started playing multi-player a little here and there and would just get my ass kicked; funny thing is, I enjoyed getting my ass kicked b/c I was doing something "different". I was the classic "camper", 99.9% Sniper and loved it. Then something VERY special came along. I'm a HUGE Vietnam War buff. BBC2-Vietnam. I've been hooked ever since.

I started "trading"/"swapping" maybe about three/four months ago and I have a definite "taste"; I don't even play the sports games for real. I will say, I bit on MLB 11: The Show a few weeks back and am glad I did. Here's the real twist to all this; I purchased Uncharted 2: Among Thieves as probably my 4th/5th purchase (traded it for something $hitty, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, maybe?). Hot Shots wasn't "bad" per se but a few weeks ago I picked up Uncharted 2 again, it sat for about two weeks and four/five days ago I popped it in. This game got me JACKED. Not 'quite' Phu Bai/Cao Son jacked but jacked.

Had it not been for this board (I think I have one or two trades here; probably 5-6 on gametz; near 20 on swap, etc.) I would've never branched out. I want to thank you guys for (the moderators, the folks who put the time in to research this stuff; to PM Amazon CSR's (which I think is f'in awesome) and for making this a "community".

I picked up some really good deals this week thanks to this board; mainly on Amazon deals (not that piece of $hit L.A. Noirre, "Deal of the Day") but on games that I have researched and gotten to "know" prior to playing (if there is such a thing). Now, I've got TOO many games; which leads me back to my first statement, "saving money" via CAG. $hit no, I haven't saved $$$ since finding this site BUT I've found people passionate about the gaming industry; having been addicted to multiple "vices" throughout my life and overcome those trials/tribulations, it's pretty neat to be game addict (at least for the time being).

Thanks again for the tips....This probably shouldn't go "on this forum", but there isn't a "Sappy/Thank-you guys" forum to post on (to my knowledge)...so please bear with me.

Be good,

JohnnyBeeBadd: PSN
JohnnyBeeBad: XLive (Oh, I picked the Xbox 360 up about two months ago for NO reason aside from finding a REALLY good deal on this board; now I've got 8-10 games that have 90 minutes (total) of game play and have yet to receive a trophy of any sort)...

Just checked with a sales rep at amazon, apparently the sale is going on until the remaining stock is sold. I question the validity of that..It could just be until Target's sale ends, but it could also be like people have mentioned, just a way to get rid of stock faster.

ended up ordering Naughty Bear Gold Edition and Man Vs Wild...both for PS3

edit:

ended up canceling the order...my backlog is too large for nonsense games :)

I have been thinking about getting Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. Probably buy that and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Dead Space 2. Even though I doubt it will work, has anyone tried to get the collector's edition of Dead Space 2 to work with the deal?

[quote name='Shadow Blade']I have been thinking about getting Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. Probably buy that and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Dead Space 2. Even though I doubt it will work, has anyone tried to get the collector's edition of Dead Space 2 to work with the deal?[/QUOTE]

I tried it yesterday, and I can confirm that Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition will not work with the deal.

[quote name='sdcranford']I've been doing this too, just keeping stuff I REALLY want to play. Too many great games out there to play the crap that looks somewhat good.[/QUOTE]

it DOES feel good to have more games on your hands. i mean, i didnt care how cheap a game was AS LONG AS it was below the MSRP lol.. but youre not really missing out anything. the games you want will still be available for many years to come (except the CEs perhaps). so might as well wait than create a huge backlog

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Been reading some of the other posts re: CAG and "saving money".

I am relatively new to the gaming market; bought my first PS3 via a Father's Day bundle (I'm not a Father) at GameStop exactly one year ago today. For probably six months, I relied on GameStop and eBay for my games.

Throughout that time, I started playing games I never intended on playing and/or had interest in. I thought, "I'll get NCAA 2010, and some boxing games: Fight Night 3 and 4, etc.". I didn't "buy in" to ANYTHING not-"sport". Then I came across COD4, liked it sort of but still thought the idea of getting online (multi-player as I now know it) was just not for me...that's for "them". THEN, Battlefield BC2. Got pretty jacked with that one; started playing multi-player a little here and there and would just get my ass kicked; funny thing is, I enjoyed getting my ass kicked b/c I was doing something "different". I was the classic "camper", 99.9% Sniper and loved it. Then something VERY special came along. I'm a HUGE Vietnam War buff. BBC2-Vietnam. I've been hooked ever since.

I started "trading"/"swapping" maybe about three/four months ago and I have a definite "taste"; I don't even play the sports games for real. I will say, I bit on MLB 11: The Show a few weeks back and am glad I did. Here's the real twist to all this; I purchased Uncharted 2: Among Thieves as probably my 4th/5th purchase (traded it for something $hitty, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, maybe?). Hot Shots wasn't "bad" per se but a few weeks ago I picked up Uncharted 2 again, it sat for about two weeks and four/five days ago I popped it in. This game got me JACKED. Not 'quite' Phu Bai/Cao Son jacked but jacked.

Had it not been for this board (I think I have one or two trades here; probably 5-6 on gametz; near 20 on swap, etc.) I would've never branched out. I want to thank you guys for (the moderators, the folks who put the time in to research this stuff; to PM Amazon CSR's (which I think is f'in awesome) and for making this a "community".

I picked up some really good deals this week thanks to this board; mainly on Amazon deals (not that piece of $hit L.A. Noirre, "Deal of the Day") but on games that I have researched and gotten to "know" prior to playing (if there is such a thing). Now, I've got TOO many games; which leads me back to my first statement, "saving money" via CAG. $hit no, I haven't saved $$$ since finding this site BUT I've found people passionate about the gaming industry; having been addicted to multiple "vices" throughout my life and overcome those trials/tribulations, it's pretty neat to be game addict (at least for the time being).

Thanks again for the tips....This probably shouldn't go "on this forum", but there isn't a "Sappy/Thank-you guys" forum to post on (to my knowledge)...so please bear with me.

Be good,

JohnnyBeeBad: XLive (Oh, I picked the Xbox 360 up about two months ago for NO reason aside from finding a REALLY good deal on this board; now I've got 8-10 games that have 90 minutes (total) of game play and have yet to receive a trophy of any sort)...[/QUOTE]

yeah most of us that play have fairly big backlogs. it's fun to get great deals on the games we want thanks to this site.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']ended up ordering Naughty Bear Gold Edition and Man Vs Wild...both for PS3
[/QUOTE]

I was considering getting the Naughty Bear Gold Edition too, but I think I'll hold out for a cheaper 360 version.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']ended up ordering Naughty Bear Gold Edition and Man Vs Wild...both for PS3

edit:

ended up canceling the order...my backlog is too large for nonsense games :)[/QUOTE]
good choice. both games are pretty bad and will definitely be cheaper down the road.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Now, I've got TOO many games; which leads me back to my first statement, "saving money" via CAG. $hit no, I haven't saved $$$ since finding this site[/QUOTE]

I see this site like this. You will spend less money per game, but you will end up spending a lot more money overall because you will be buying more games than before and I love it for that.

I am kind of sad now that I deleted the rest of your post in my quote, but I do agree with you. If it wasn't for CAG (and the CAG trading forums) then I wouldn't have played some of the amazing games from previous generations that I have now.

Ok ok stop sugarcoating CAG. Its great we all know that but its still got people who bitch for no reason like me.

Btw the x11 headset and dss dropped in price. You cann get a dx11 for 90ish on amazon. Its perhaps better or the same as an x41, cept its wired.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Been reading some of the other posts re: CAG and "saving money".

Be good,

JohnnyBeeBad: XLive (Oh, I picked the Xbox 360 up about two months ago for NO reason aside from finding a REALLY good deal on this board; now I've got 8-10 games that have 90 minutes (total) of game play and have yet to receive a trophy of any sort)...[/QUOTE]

LOL - so true! My backlog is at 500+ ... it's just a running joke now.

i ended up settling for Star Wars and Battlefield Bad Company... i wanted Sonic Collections but it was only for 360, not PS3.

Looks like the Helghast edition went back up to 79.99. I didn't order it after all, so hopefully we'll get a better price on it eventually.

[quote name='joeshmoe']Yeah, 500+ means you need to stop buying games and start playing games.[/QUOTE]

no it means you need to give them to me do youll have more space around the house.

bread's done
Back