Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Select New Releases at Amazon

ninjatuned

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]19624[/IMG-R]Amazon is matching Kmart, and holding a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on select new titles, including: Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City, Rage, Goldeneye 007: Reloaded and more.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 50% off at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zanbeak']1. stop lying to people. it sells for about 40$ on ebay. period.

2. and the guy above saying amazon bans people who are "troublesome"? WTF? if i search for an item and see a promo then spend 20 minutes looking for the second item in the deal and order without knowing they changed their promo without me knowing, then it is FRAUD on their part. they LURED me in, got me order and pay, then allege that they made an "error" or "mistake". also if they Ban your account call Amazon headquarters in America on the phone and tell them why they did it. They CANNOT ban you unless you did something wrong. Contacting CSR is NOT an offense. If they Discriminate against you for any reason or harass you refer point 4 below

3. the guy above that said promo credit you enter at checkout is not refundable is WRONG. contact CSR and tell them to give it back to you in the form of amazon account credit. if you REFUND something ANYWHERE in america you recieve EVERYTHING you used in the form of payments including credit card, cash, gift cards, etc. anyone who refuses to refund you is committing Fraud

4. those who commit Fraud on amazon or elsewhere in the united states should be referred to the Department of Consumer Affairs in your State. companies are RESPONSIBLE and LIABLE for their actions, and they will be held ACCOUNTABLE and if needed prosectued for violations of consumer and trade law.[/QUOTE]

While you certainly went overboard with your remarks I have to agree on at least one point. The folks here (and you know who you are) who are working the rumor mill and spreading the fairy tales about banned accounts, please shut up. Few closed accounts over the years does not mean that Amazon is treating their customers as ducks at an open season. Amazon is one of the best companies when it comes to Customer Service and standing behind their customers. Any retailer (Wal Mart, Best Buy, Target, you name it) will ban you if you try to cheat the system repeatedly and with total disrespect to the vendor. This does not mean that a simple call to CR arguing the semantics of the offer is going to be treated as a declaration of war. The offer, as it read, had a lot of folks under impression that each item would get 50% discount. I read it the same way and was a bit surprised when saw final discount at a checkout page. Once I understood that Amazon made a honest mistake, I was fine with that. But calling CR would not be cheating. Amazon messed up formulating the offer and if I would feel that this was a bait and switch (present one offer, then when you are ready to submit order substitute it with less favorable one) I would call too.
So stop spreading the fear around this forum about Amazon. Treat them with the same respect as they treat you.

if Amazon starts banning tons of people for TRYING to get the DEAL that THEY posted, then who the fuck wants to do business with such a scamming fraud bait n switch turd of a company?

if the Amaz-stapo harasses and bans us honest consumers then theyll become the next ECA. anyone here REMEMBER ECA..............

[quote name='zanbeak']if Amazon starts banning tons of people for TRYING to get the DEAL that THEY posted, then who the fuck wants to do business with such a scamming fraud bait n switch turd of a company?

if the Amaz-stapo harasses and bans us honest consumers then theyll become the next ECA. anyone here REMEMBER ECA..............[/QUOTE]

Can we ban this guy already?

[quote name='zanbeak']if Amazon starts banning tons of people for TRYING to get the DEAL that THEY posted, then who the fuck wants to do business with such a scamming fraud bait n switch turd of a company?

if the Amaz-stapo harasses and bans us honest consumers then theyll become the next ECA. anyone here REMEMBER ECA..............[/QUOTE]

yo u mad bro?

in other news... I'm still mad that Rayman wasn't added yet.

[quote name='wolfgang2399']Can I buy 2 copies of Skyrim and return one to Wal-Mart without a receipt? I know I'll just get Wal-Mart credit but that's fine. Can I do that or are the UPCs different?[/QUOTE]

1. That's return fraud.

2. Pretty sure Amazon's version of Skyrim was specific to them (but I could be wrong on that) so it wouldn't work anyway :p

[quote name='wolfgang2399']Can I buy 2 copies of Skyrim and return one to Wal-Mart without a receipt? I know I'll just get Wal-Mart credit but that's fine. Can I do that or are the UPCs different?[/QUOTE]

Not for walmart it's not. Or this forum for that matter.

[quote name='bgame2']Not for walmart it's not. Or this forum for that matter.[/QUOTE]

We've established that in this thread. But thank you for pointing it out. Again.

If anyone wants these games, but don't want to buy an additional game,
I'm selling any of these for $40 Shipped! Brand new and sealed. 2 day Delivery. Paypal only!

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 :ps3::360:
- Batman: Arkham City:ps3::360:
- Rage :ps3::360::pc:
- Skyrim :360::pc:
- Uncharted 3 :ps3:

Don't be shy, Send me a PM!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to throw around a ban hammer, if only Cheapy would make me a mod. I've been a nice member since 2003 and even started the CloudSpekk thread. Sigh.

[quote name='menikmati']Can we ban this guy already?[/QUOTE]
1000x yes. This "newb" joined and immediately started posting all sorts of nonsense.

Also, it's so easy to figure out people who were banned previously and come back. They invariably 1) start acting they same way and 2) reference shit from way back. How the hell does a guy who joined Sep 2011 "remember the ECA".....

[quote name='b3b0p']I'd love to throw around a ban hammer, if only Cheapy would make me a mod. I've been a nice member since 2003 and even started the CloudSpekk thread. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

I'll vote for you as a mod if you ban the fuck out of anyone talking about returning shit to Walmart without a receipt.

You still don't get it....

Amazon has banned accounts just for returning too many items. Hell, even for having a history of too many shipping issues. Other accounts have been banned for complaining too much. Go search them out. And almost every single one of them say this, "Amazon banned my account and I was such a loyal customer." For both buyers and sellers...even affiliate accounts.

I'm sure they won't ban for no good reason...but what I've stated have been factual reasons for Amazon banning accounts. Will they do it to all who complain? Probably not. But if a person is a persistent complainer/abuser...all that goes into your account record. Don't get mad at me or anyone here just because you don't like hearing it.

If you want to keep thinking that you're right....by all means, continue. I don't really care either way. It's your account that you're responsible for. But just for kicks, here....why don't you read Ratchet's post here on CAG.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306392

[quote name='confoosious']1000x yes. This "newb" joined and immediately started posting all sorts of nonsense.

Also, it's so easy to figure out people who were banned previously and come back. They invariably 1) start acting they same way and 2) reference shit from way back. How the hell does a guy who joined Sep 2011 "remember the ECA".....

I'll vote for you as a mod if you ban the fuck out of anyone talking about returning shit to Walmart without a receipt.[/QUOTE]

I second the vote. ;)

Is this a good idea?
Im looking into getting skyrim on the cheap. Is it smart to buy mw3 and skyrim for 90$ then sell mw3 to my friend for 50$. I have a huge backlog of ganes(from the past 2 months alone) so even if I get skyrim this week(prime) I might not even play it.
TLDR skyrim for 40$? Or wait till black Friday/cyber Monday?

Is there an Amazon rep here? Tell them they should add MW3 for PC to this deal. I know its a PM of the Kmart deal but Kmart doesn't carry PC. If Skyrim and Rage are apart of it, why not MW3?

[quote name='Serakek']Is there an Amazon rep here? Tell them they should add MW3 for PC to this deal. I know its a PM of the Kmart deal but Kmart doesn't carry PC. If Skyrim and Rage are apart of it, why not MW3?[/QUOTE]

Why not Rayman, Sts row and Need For speed ? And Halo for that matter.

This thread made me sad. I was hoping for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Halo: Anniversary to pop up so I could get both for under $40.xx

Hope somebody pulls through next week with good deals on both.

Well I posted earlier that during the last Amazon sale they added Uncharted and Battlefield in the middle of the day, but that was also a Wednesday. So there's still a chance that they add the games that came out today, but of course try not to get your hopes up just because they added more highlights last time.

[quote name='Prismatico']Well I posted earlier that during the last Amazon sale they added Uncharted and Battlefield in the middle of the day, but that was also a Wednesday. So there's still a chance that they add the games that came out today, but of course try not to get your hopes up just because they added more highlights last time.[/QUOTE]

my fingers remain crossed.

[quote name='Silence4520']so will they add more new releases? i would love to get it with skyrim and saints row the third[/QUOTE]

we're hoping for tomorrow

do you guys think there will be better BF deals on skyrim and MW3 from amazon? cause as it stands right now this is the best deal currently and in the near future for both of these games

[quote name='RedRose']Everyday They change the games???? I Just buy MW3 and uncharted 3 (Ps3 both) But I will like batman and assassin creed too :([/QUOTE]

It doesn't look like they'll be adding onto this one, and the only thing I remember not being there when it first started is that Black Eyed Peas game (or was that already there?).

[quote name='Prismatico']It doesn't look like they'll be adding onto this one, and the only thing I remember not being there when it first started is that Black Eyed Peas game (or was that already there?).[/QUOTE]

Ohh so sad :(

Skyrin dropped to 54.99!! I picked up COD 3 MW3 (57.99) and Skyrim for 85.48. Added my Halo and Saints Row promos for 65.48 out the door.

[quote name='Prismatico']It doesn't look like they'll be adding onto this one, and the only thing I remember not being there when it first started is that Black Eyed Peas game (or was that already there?).[/QUOTE]

BEP has been there since day 1....

[quote name='WV Matsui']BEP has been there since day 1....[/QUOTE]

What's with the ellipses?

I'm fairly certain it wasn't there when the deal initially launched early in the morning. That was also the case for the daily deal on Tuesday, as some things weren't up until I woke up later (Radiant Historia for instance).

[quote name='Prismatico']What's with the ellipses?

It wasn't there when the deal initially launched early in the morning. That was also the case for the daily deal on Tuesday, as some things weren't up until I woke up later (Radiant Historia for instance).[/QUOTE]

Sorry the ellipses bothered you

And I purchased when it stated that you could buy each at 50% off and I picked up MW3, Skyrim, Goldeneye and BEP!

[quote name='FerDK']For those who ordered Skyrim. Does it still comes with the exclusive premium map, or this was only for the pre-orders???[/QUOTE]

Got mine yesterday - map was included inside the box

edit: well looking at things further I'm not sure - it "feels like burlap" like the post says but the also say all copies will get some kind of map. It certainly wasn't "cloth" but it feels thicker and has more texture than regular glossy paper maps.

[quote name='ninjatuned']Got mine yesterday - map was included inside the box

edit: well looking at things further I'm not sure - it "feels like burlap" like the post says but the also say all copies will get some kind of map. It certainly wasn't "cloth" but it feels thicker and has more texture than regular glossy paper maps.[/QUOTE]

Could you tell if it is the regular paper map included on every game or the high quality premium map ofered as a pre-order?

Thanks.

I clicked in here not really looking to buy anything, but Skyrim and Batman for $62 after adding a bunch of unused promo codes seems too good to pass up.

[quote name='FerDK']Could you tell if it is the regular paper map included on every game or the high quality premium map ofered as a pre-order?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, the premium map is nothing to get excited about. It's just thick paper that's textured to look like papyrus or something. It's cool if you just want it for your collection, but I wouldn't let it make or break a deal. If you have the game and aren't sure if you got the premium map, you can check the back of the game case. There's a box at the top that says something like "premium map included" on the ones that have it. You will be disappointed though if you are expecting a nice cloth map like most people were (myself included).

[quote name='FerDK']Could you tell if it is the regular paper map included on every game or the high quality premium map ofered as a pre-order?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
It was just thick paper. My co-worker actually ripped it as he was trying to open it. He laughed at the 'high' quality.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They are one and the same. The map comes inside the game as long as it says so on the top left hand corner of the back.

so it sounds like the one i got does have the premium map - i wouldn't say it's a selling point but it is nicer than a standard map for sure

Ok, so obviously the moral answer as well as the ethical answer is I should mention their mistake to Amazon, but here is the deal.

I Emailed support and asked them if they could include Saints Row: The Third in the b1g1 50% off deal, because I wanted that and Skyrim. I also added that Kmart was running the same promotion with both games I wanted but I would much rather purchase from Amazon.

I don't ever complain or haggle, I'm pretty much a model customer. I also do alot of business through them.

So I get an Email back stating that while they couldn't officially offer SR: TT, they would be more than happy to refund me the 50% after I completed the order. They told me to just Email back after I placed my order with the order# and they would take care of it.

So I did exactly that, I ordered Saints Row and Skyrim for 129 and change, sent the order # reiterating that I was promised the b1g1 50% special for these 2 games.

I get an Email about an hour back stating that they are sorry they can't provide the promotion, but they were going to refund me 59.98 for my troubles.

I've already gotten the refund, and both games will be here tomorrow.

Like I said I know what the right answer is, but seriously, I told them twice what the offer was, and this was a clerical error on their part. Do I just go ahead and say "Score" or what. What would you guys do?

seems you can only buy 1 copy of each, I tried grabbing 2 copies of skyrim for this promo (both for PS3), it was a no go...

[quote name='DeadRabbit']Ok, so obviously the moral answer as well as the ethical answer is I should mention their mistake to Amazon, but here is the deal.

I Emailed support and asked them if they could include Saints Row: The Third in the b1g1 50% off deal, because I wanted that and Skyrim. I also added that Kmart was running the same promotion with both games I wanted but I would much rather purchase from Amazon.

I don't ever complain or haggle, I'm pretty much a model customer. I also do alot of business through them.

So I get an Email back stating that while they couldn't officially offer SR: TT, they would be more than happy to refund me the 50% after I completed the order. They told me to just Email back after I placed my order with the order# and they would take care of it.

So I did exactly that, I ordered Saints Row and Skyrim for 129 and change, sent the order # reiterating that I was promised the b1g1 50% special for these 2 games.

I get an Email about an hour back stating that they are sorry they can't provide the promotion, but they were going to refund me 59.98 for my troubles.

I've already gotten the refund, and both games will be here tomorrow.

Like I said I know what the right answer is, but seriously, I told them twice what the offer was, and this was a clerical error on their part. Do I just go ahead and say "Score" or what. What would you guys do?[/QUOTE]
Why complaint? You didn't push them or anything you just asked a simple question and they honored they own mistake.

So win, win!

bread's done
Back