Buy 1 USED game $29.99 higher get 1 $29.99 lower FREE at GameStop

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
spop_step1.gif

Add any in-stock preowned Video Game or DVD valued at $29.99 or more to your cart.

spop_step2.gif

Add any in-stock Preowned Video Game or DVD valued at $29.99 or less to your cart.

spop_step3.gif

Enter the coupon code 1PLUS1EQ1 into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page! Your preowned game will be discounted to FREE on your checkout confirmation page!

Cheap Ass Gamer Link

Wow, I'm surprised so many people are jumping in on this offer when we all know how cruddy GS's used games are. I've bought used games from GS twice and both times were horrible experiences where they came in generic sleeves without manuals and one game came in a Blockbuster video case! That really got me wondering if they just have some partnership with blockbuster where GS sells all their used games for them. As for me, I refuse to buy anything used from GS... although that might have to change when EB gets swallowed. :(

[quote name='jjz203']Wow, I'm surprised so many people are jumping in on this offer when we all know how cruddy GS's used games are. I've bought used games from GS twice and both times were horrible experiences where they came in generic sleeves without manuals and one game came in a Blockbuster video case! That really got me wondering if they just have some partnership with blockbuster where GS sells all their used games for them. As for me, I refuse to buy anything used from GS... although that might have to change when EB gets swallowed. :([/QUOTE]

While I haven't had much experience buying used games from GS.com (specifically because they don't guarantee case and manual), it was my hope that I would have better luck with DS/PSP games (thinking that 1. they'd be more likely to be complete, and 2. if they aren't complete, it isn't quite as big a deal. I'm still not 100% sold on my second point, but I do think that there is a better chance they'd be complete). If Kirby Canvas Curse had been in stock to use as my $29.99 or under free game, you better believe I'd have jumped on this deal, paying for either Ridge Racer or Darkstalkers (both PSP, each $34.99). After shipping, that'd be $18.50 per game, which is pretty damn good, IMHO. One of the last used games (Victorious Boxers) I got from EBgames.com was an ex-rental from Blockbuster, complete with ugly stickers on the disc, so that can happen at either store.

What is GS.com's policy on returns on used games? I looked at the website, and its not clear to me.

I know the B&M stores around me allow 7 days to return. I would be willing to try out this deal, if I knew I have the option of returning it if I didn't like the condition or didn't come complete with box and instructions.

Hmmmm, I'm tempted to pick up Ridge Racers and Gretzky for PSP (it seems to be the only $29.99 used PSP game)

Is it worth it or should I just wait?

[quote name='doubledown']Hmmmm, I'm tempted to pick up Ridge Racers and Gretzky for PSP (it seems to be the only $29.99 used PSP game)

Is it worth it or should I just wait?[/QUOTE]

I'm amazed that the coupon still appears to be active. I haven't tried checking out with it, but it shows the discount on the final checkout page prior to submitting the order.

I ordered Zelda:CE and Fatal Frame (Xbox). Since Zelda is $40+ at EB and GS B&M, I figured it would be a good time to order now and get a free game. I have trouble finding FF instores anyway.

Gamestop is not very good at taking their coupons off on time, so if you're still hesitating, now would be a good time to order.

Well, I did order Ridge Racer and Gretzky for PSP....not bad for about $36 shipped. I figure I can always trade Gretzky since the new Hockey games are coming in September. It usually gets around $22 in credit from GameRush I believe

[quote name='partygirlie21']EXPIRED! Damn, I just missed it! Guess I shouldn't have been so lazy.[/QUOTE]

I guess you gotta stop partying ;)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']doubledown, may I ask why the hell you reported that post?[/QUOTE]

He was probably partying himself and missed the quote button

[quote name='Hovercraft']its expired now[/QUOTE]

thank you for realizing the daily deal of like 3 days ago is over.

[quote name='help1']thank you for realizing the daily deal of like 3 days ago is over.[/QUOTE]

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, GS.com is bad about removing their codes on time, and this one lasted quite a bit longer than it was supposed to.

Has anyone else noticed that gamestop.com's policy is to send out games that were found in some remote dumpster, in the back of some dark alley, by some homeless guy, who must have decided to burn the cases and manuals for heat and used the discs to wipe his ass.

I got a bust-a-move 3000 for gc (disc only) w/ a lot of scratches and something that looks like cake icing, as well as the worst case I've seen of ex-blockbuster, ex-rental madness with a newer-release game.

Gamestop.com needs to take a hard look at the number of people that prefer ebgames.com, before they even think about closing it down. I, for instance, am finished with gamestop.com, unless they adopt policies that better fit my standards in used games. I'll pay an extra $10 per game, just to know that they will be in decent shape. (even though ebgames.com generally has better prices anyway.)

Funny you mention that, because I just received Grandia, Shadow Madness and Tactics Ogre from ebgames online. Tactics Ogre is cracked, Grandia's case is disintigrated, and the discs were just loosely sliding around the package, and Shadow Madness was missing a disc, and also completely broken.

I have received a number of games from gamestop complete, including, but not limited to, Tales of Destiny II, Suikoden, Lunar: SSSC and Lunar2: EB. Both sellers suck, and the only thing EB actually has on Gamestop is that it PROMISES case and manual for current generation games.

[quote name='tnote827'] Both sellers suck, and the only thing EB actually has on Gamestop is that it PROMISES case and manual for current generation games.[/QUOTE]

Well... and the fact that you can actually go to the store and return things if you don't like them. Unless it flat out doesn't work from gamestop.com, you're stuck, and even then you have to ship it back.

Well, I got my two games today...Ridge Racer & Gretzky for PSP. Both game with cases and manuals :) No scratches it appears either...a few fingerprints, but nothing bad :) yeah for me. $36 for two PSP games is nice (even though I may trade away Gretzky when the new season comes out)

Got my two games today: Zelda CE and Fatal Frame. Both games are complete and in okay condition. However, the Fatal Frame box and instruction are both in Spanish (the game is in English)... I'm comtemplating whether to send it back or not.

I now at the least have to find new boxes for both games since they both looked kinda dirty and have a bunch of stickers on them.

bread's done
Back