Buy 1 Xbox game get 1 free at TRU

BARRICADE_28

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
This is exactly what the Toys R Us ad says:

"Buy 1 get 1 Free. Applies to ALL Xbox & Xbox Planinum Hits purchase of same item only and of equal or lesser value."

A bit of a confusing sale, does this mean you can only get the deal if you buy 2 copies of the same game? Not sure.

SALE runs from Sat. Sept. 9 to Friday Sept. 22

[quote name='BARRICADE_28']This is exactly what the Toys R Us ad says:

"Buy 1 get 1 Free. Applies to ALL Xbox & Xbox Planinum Hits purchase of same item only and of equal or lesser value."

A bit of a confusing sale, does this mean you can only get the deal if you buy 2 copies of the same game? Not sure.

SALE runs from Sat. Sept. 9 to Friday Sept. 22[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can't buy a PH and a non-PH game at the same time?

Yeah who knows. I'd call Toys R Us if you're interested in this deal just to clarify. Buying 1 of ANY Xbox game & getting another of any Xbox game free just sounds too good to be true.

It's no where near "too good to be true".

There have been plenty of Buy-One-Get-One sales.

Also, considering that Microsoft's support for the XBox is completely dead, it would make sense that stores would want to clear out XBox games to make room for the crapload of new games coming out for the new systems.

[quote name='Ramman77']It's no where near "too good to be true".

There have been plenty of Buy-One-Get-One sales.

Also, considering that Microsoft's support for the XBox is completely dead, it would make sense that stores would want to clear out XBox games to make room for the crapload of new games coming out for the new systems.[/QUOTE]

I've seen buy 1 get 1 free sales for Platinum Hits games, but not for ANY Xbox game. Like that fact that you could go in to TRU & buy Lego Star Wars 2 & get the new Madden for free is a pretty amazing deal. That's 50 bucks saved right there.

Any way we can update the title to note Canada only? ;-)

Edit: Ah, saw it was in the Regional forum for Canada and not the general deals, don't mind me. ;-)

It's still worth noting int he title since it appears on the front page without the distinction of being in the appropriate section.

I hope TRU has this sale for PS2, DS, PSP or even 360 games soon (or hell, just a general BOGO sale). I can't think of any Xbox game, let alone 2, I'd buy D:

Sweet, gonna hit the nearest toys r us tmrw... not even sure where lol but should be one around somewhere ^^;

Actually, it's buy 1 Xbox PLATINUM HITS and get 1 free. It's not buy any Xbox games, it's PLATINUM HITS.

EDIT: On the flyer it says PLATINUM HITS, but at
entertainment
http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main.php/entertainment it says any Xbox games!!!

Actually, it's buy 1 Xbox PLATINUM HITS and get 1 free. It's not buy any Xbox games, it's PLATINUM HITS.

EDIT: On the flyer it says PLATINUM HITS, but at http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/ma.../entertainment it says any Xbox games!!!

http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TRUOnlineCatalogue?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&rfx_catalog=2&catalog_name=090906

Take a look at the ad on page 30 again and tell me that it doesn't say "Apply to ALL XBox & XBox Platinum Hits..." ;)

[quote name='tayaf69']while Im not in Canada, the ad does does say any xbox game. Excellent deal for you guys.[/quote]

They just need to do a "BOGO free ANY GameCube game" offer and I'm a happy camper. :lol:

Ok, i just got back from the toys r us in surrey and it is in fact for ALL xbox games (greatest hits or otherwise) however it only applies to games 29.99 and below (the guy at the counter scanned two halo 2 copies, no deal). The game selection wasn't that great either (it suked actually) so i decided not to get anything.

This deal is on ALL Xbox games, ALL prices, got Ninja Gaiden Black and Halo 2 ($39 ea.) for $39 together.

bread's done
Back