Buy 2 Activision Hits, Get a 3rd Free @ Amazon.com (Xbox 360 Only)

rpepper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)

Link

I hope this hasn't been posted. I searched and didn't find it, so if it has I'm sorry.

Amazon has buy 2, get 1 free right now on select Activision games. The list is as follows:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Game of the Year Edition
Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Gold Edition
Call of Duty 2
Transformers: The Game
Monster Jam
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Call of Duty 3 (Platinum Hits)

I'm not sure if I'm going to bite. I'd like to get CoD4, UA and CoD2..but I'm tempted to get Tony Hawk instead of CoD2 to save more $$. If it was GOTY CoD4 I'd get it...hope they fix that error.

[quote name='tat2dbri']might want to mention this is xbox 360 deal only. if this was wii games i would be all over it[/quote]

Thanks...changed title to reflect.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']Yeah, it is cheaper to buy these used, including CoD, used on eBay or Amazon than use the promotion.[/quote]

But this is the best deal for new

[quote name='Frog Ribs']So if I wanted to pick up COD4 and M:UA, what would be the better choice for the third game: COD2 or COD3?[/quote]

I'd recommend that you get COD3 from this deal and then just pick up COD2 from GS/EB or even new from a B&M for pretty darn cheap. COD2 has been on sale for $9.99, $12.99, etc. COD3 is usually $14.99 or $19.99.

COD2 is made by Infinity Ward, the same team as COD4. COD3 is made by Treyarch.

Campaign - COD2 is like COD4 in that you keep switching characters and the story builds from multiple angles. COD3 focuses on Normandy and the battle that takes places there.

Multiplayer - Pretty much a toss up. But COD3 is better supported. The Gold Edition of the game comes with extra maps.

I like COD2 more than COD3, but they're both worth getting.

[quote name='Frog Ribs']So if I wanted to pick up COD4 and M:UA, what would be the better choice for the third game: COD2 or COD3?[/quote]

Both are good, but CoD3 has better multiplayer and still has an online community playing it (the achievements are way too high). CoD2 was better storywise and gameplay-wise.

I wish there was another Activision title, say Guitar Hero 3 or something else, since I already have everything I want off that list with the exception of two. I can't find something extra to add to get the deal.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']Yeah, it is cheaper to buy these used, including CoD, used on eBay or Amazon than use the promotion.[/quote]

Of course it's always cheaper to buy used, but saying that is like -- I don't know -- people who keep posting what a sales price would be with the $10 Google Checkout new user discount.

Some people don't like to buy some things used. And without people who buy new, there would be even less things to buy used they they get rid of said items!

Yeah...I couldn't come up with a good 3rd title that wouldn't make the "free" part more than $19.99.

CoD 4, Marvel...maaaybe Tony Hawk?

EDIT: Nevermind...CoD2 is back up to $29.99...it was $19.99 the other day when i looked. I just might buy this now.

Frak! COD4 went back up to $60. Maybe I should pick up COD2, COD3, and Marvel: UA...

Moral of the story? When Amazon has something on sale for no particular reason, don't wait to get it.

bread's done
Back