Buy 2 get 1 free on Nintendo DS games at Bestbuy.com for MyNintendo members

poopy

CAGiversary!
Step 1 open a MyNintendo account at Nintendo.com if you don't already have one

Step 2 register your Nintendo DS with your Mynintendo account

Step 3 Go to this link
http://www.nintendo.com/bestbuyds/

Step 4 follow the link to Bestbuy's website that Nintendo gives you and order your games

*Not yet confirmed whether it works with Pre-orders or not*

From Nintendo's site:
"Online only offer. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all promotional requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. This offer is not valid in combination with other offers. Offer good only at BestBuy.com; promotion not valid in store. Offer may only be redeemed once during the two week promotional period. Shipping charges shall apply to free item. Items must ship to a single mailing address. Items may ship separately. Promotion expires on September 15, 2006. Offer subject to change.

Offer good in the U.S. only (excluding Puerto Rico). Offer is valid only to My Nintendo members who have (a) registered a Nintendo DS, and (b) become or already are members of BestBuy.com. Promotion applies to Nintendo DS titles only. Free game must be a Nintendo DS title of equal or lesser value that BestBuy.com has in-stock. All three games must be purchased during the same transaction."

Just used it... didn't have to sign up for anything. And by the way, this apparently works with pre-orders, as well... my order was the following:
Metriod Prime Hunters
Super Mario Bros DS
Harvest Moon (which is not out yet... hence the preo-order)

This deal is the hottest. Get in on it whilst ya still can.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']hehe i was just about to post this[/QUOTE]
It's not often that I break a deal... it's even rarer that I break one that anybody gives a damn about... so I'm glad I beat ya. ;)

[quote name='Maxim726X']Just used it... didn't have to sign up for anything. And by the way, this apparently works with pre-orders, as well... my order was the following:
Metriod Prime Hunters
Super Mario Bros DS
Harvest Moon (which is not out yet... hence the preo-order)

This deal is the hottest. Get in on it whilst ya still can.[/QUOTE]
Sweet! Thanks for the info. I shall edit my OP to include this information.

Links not working for me

Edit: nvm if you just add 3 ds games to your cart it automatically gives you one for free. Thanks op

[quote name='jawman311']Links not working for me[/QUOTE]
Really? I just tried it again and it works fine for me. Hmm.

yeah same here.

i was thinking of waiting after Sept. 12, 2006 and order something.
why? coz Lego Star Wars II is gonna come out on Sept. 12.
since the expirationis on Sept. 15, then getting the Star Wars game for free is sweet.

what do you guys think? is bestbuy gonna let us do that? since the disclaimer said:
Free must be a Nintendo DS title of equal or lesser value that BestBuy.com has in-stock.
so wait for that game to be in-stores, then order them.

but if it also works for pre-order, i'm gonna do it right now. :bouncy:

Edit 1: Oh dang!!! Pre-Order is also okay.

Scratch that - For whatever reason that particular order worked but others will not. Any ideas on why that is?

For some reason all I'm getting is 10% off. I've tried this with a pre-order and without.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']i'm thinking you guys need to log into My Nintendo to get the deal to work[/QUOTE]
That could be the case. Perhaps everyone gets their own individual Bestbuy link per mynintendo account. If so, mine was just used up. LOL. Doesn't matter anyways, because I wasn't going to take advantage of this deal. Holding out for the TRU b2g1.

[quote name='poopy']That could be the case. Perhaps everyone gets their own individual Bestbuy link per mynintendo account. If so, mine was just used up. LOL. Doesn't matter anyways, because I wasn't going to take advantage of this deal. Holding out for the TRU b2g1.[/QUOTE]

Ahh... that would be the reason why my orders aren't working the second time around. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: To clarify this confusion, I just added to items to my cart anc checked out. None of this mynintendo business that everyone is talking about...

[quote name='poopy']That could be the case. Perhaps everyone gets their own individual Bestbuy link per mynintendo account. If so, mine was just used up. LOL. Doesn't matter anyways, because I wasn't going to take advantage of this deal. Holding out for the TRU b2g1.[/quote]

so you need to be both (1) MyNintendo member and (2) BestBuy member.

I'm getting Tetris DS, Mario and Luigi (Partners in Time) and Star Fox... :D

I was wondering if the promo applies to Pre-Orders too (ex: Zelda: Phantom Hourglass) ... Any Ideas Guys?

[quote name='rcx4']I'm getting Tetris DS, Mario and Luigi (Partners in Time) and Star Fox... :D

I was wondering if the promo applies to Pre-Orders too (ex: Zelda: Phantom Hourglass) ... Any Ideas Guys?[/QUOTE]

Go for the preorder my man... worked for me

Ok, updated the OP. Gonna wait for more confirmation on the preorders, though. Yours could've been a fluke.

Fair enough. What a lucky fluke it was, if that was the case.

Man, I would really love to preorder Castlevania for free... Makes me wish I could do it over again.

[quote name='stnkygrngo']ITS NOT WORKING, so i guess i need to apply as a best buy person too?[/QUOTE]
You need a Mynintendo account, and obviously a Bestbuy account to order online. Do you have both of those?

I've been fooling around, trying to see what games work. So far, it's not reading Star Fox Command as a DS game, so it won't apply the discount. I haven't had problems with other games, though. I'm thinking I'll wait for Mega Man ZX to come out, and pick that up.

Order Date: 09/01/06
Order Number: BBY01-1278690*****
Nintendo-Metroid Prime: Hunters-Nintendo DS SKU: 6916607

$34.99
$34.99
$0.00
$3.02
$38.01
Status: 1 item(s) - confirming InStore Inventory at S SETAUKET NY 458.

Nintendo-New Super Mario Bros.-Nintendo DS SKU: 7742767

$0.00
$0.00
$0.00
$0.00
$0.00

Natsume-Harvest Moon DS-Nintendo DS SKU: 7771681

$29.99
$29.99
$1.99
$2.76
$34.74

Go for a pre-order... there are so many quality titles coming out soon one should at least try.

i wondered if that would work on 2 Pre-Orders and then get the 3rd Pre-Order as FREE. :lol::applause:

[quote name='Maxim726X']Order Date: 09/01/06
Order Number: BBY01-1278690*****
Nintendo-Metroid Prime: Hunters-Nintendo DS SKU: 6916607

$34.99
$34.99
$0.00
$3.02
$38.01

Nintendo-New Super Mario Bros.-Nintendo DS SKU: 7742767

$0.00
$0.00
$0.00
$0.00
$0.00

Natsume-Harvest Moon DS-Nintendo DS SKU: 7771681

$29.99
$29.99
$1.99
$2.76
$34.74

Go for a pre-order... there are so many quality titles coming out soon one should at least try.[/quote]

Tried pre-ordering Castlevania, but it didn't let me.

I'm thinking about picking up Mario Kart, Mario and Luigi, and New Super Mario Brothers, but I'm not sure I want to get them for that price.

I can't get an account at mynintendo. I was 2/3 through the enrollment process when it gave me an error about too much traffic. Now it says that my username exists, but will not log me in because my username doesn't exist.

Did anyone get 10% off their order too?

I ordered 3 x $29.99 games and got an extra $6.00 off, making the total $53.98 (before tax). Not bad!!!

I just ordered New Super Mario Bros, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (pre-order) and Pokemon Ranger (also pre-order) and got the Mario game for free. I didn't get the extra 10% off - how did you get that?

How did you guys get the 10% off?

sidenote: most of the games work in this deal except for SOME Exceptions

Ex: Castlvania: Portrait of Ruin, Children of Mana, Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Mario Vs. DK: March of The Minis, The Sims 2 - Pets does NOT work in the deal... (namely, most of the pre-orders)

***Also Star Fox doesn't work(this one must be a bug)

Surprisingly, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon does..

I'm gonna wait for a few days and hopefully my combination (Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Star Fox) works...

DS>PSP

*It's true, it's damn true*

[quote name='banpeikun']did anyone say whether this can be used more than once per person/account?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you need 2 different MyNintendo accounts with two different DSes registered. I imagine you'll need another Bestbuy.com account, as well.

At least according to these offer details:

Offer may only be redeemed once during the two week promotional period.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Drat, you're right. Hoops and Star Fox(?) don't work, but Harvest Moon(?) and Tetris do.[/quote]

Yeah, it took me half and hour to figure out which one works (by trial and error) :D

Crud, why won't Star Fox work in this deal?!

[quote name='sabin23']How?

Is the 10% automatic?[/QUOTE]

I think you to have an account already on bestbuy.com. Either that, or you have to have an account already on bestbuy.com that is tied to your reward zone card?

EDIT: Scratch that. You need to have received an email from Bestbuy.com titled 10% OFF YOUR ONLINE ORDER. Details:

10% off your online order August 30th - Sept 4th -- ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SELECT CUSTOMERS.

Follow these easy steps:
1. Sign in to BestBuy.com® using the same e-mail address that this e-mail was sent to.
2. Place qualifying item(s) in your cart. If you cancel all or part of your order, or if you place
an excluded item in your cart, you will not receive the discount.
3. Savings will appear in your cart.

[quote name='bmarquardt']I think you to have an account already on bestbuy.com. Either that, or you have to have an account already on bestbuy.com that is tied to your reward zone card?[/quote]

Thanks, I'll try it!

[quote name='rcx4']Thanks, I'll try it![/QUOTE]

Let us know if putting in the RZ ID# gives the 10% off.

I tried putting in my RZ # but it looks like I have to check out (fully pay) first before any extra discount is given (if it's true as the other CAG posted).

[quote name='sabin23']Let us know if putting in the RZ ID# gives the 10% off.

I have a RZ card but apparently you have to fully pay first. I tried putting in my # but it looks like I have the check out before any extra discount is given (if it's true as the other CAG posted).[/QUOTE]

I edited post number 39. See details. Sorry about that.

Tried a bunch of combos which didn't work ended up getting Zelda, Harvest Moon and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for 75 after tax and shipping hopefully All our orders go through. Figure I'll have Gamestop transfer ther cash I have on Harvest Moon over to Contact

[quote name='jlindsay26']Tried a bunch of combos which didn't work ended up getting Zelda, Harvest Moon and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for 75 after tax and shipping hopefully All our orders go through. Figure I'll have Gamestop transfer ther cash I have on Harvest Moon over to Contact[/quote]

Interesting, so those pre-order games worked? I was thinking maybe ony the games released before the 15th would count but if those games worked then why is checkout being so tempermental on different combos? I haven't attempted to purchase anything yet until I decide what I really want. Still alot of games I need to get that have been out for a while. THey don't seem to have too many that I want though, except Animal Crossing. So I may snag that and two pre-orders if it will let me.

bread's done
Back