Buy 2, Get 1 Free PS2 Games @ amazon.com

That is an awesome selection, a lot of my top 10 favorite games on PS2 are on that list. :D

That being said, the selection itself is a bit small. It's definitely a good deal though for those who don't have those games yet.

Thanks OP! There are some good games in there. Too bad this happens the same weekend as GS B2G1, and I don't mind buying online used from GS like others do.

[quote name='dcswirl']Great selection, unfortunately I have almost all of them.[/quote]

i was thinking the exact same thing!

I have the following in the ol' shopping cart:

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Odin Sphere
Disgaea Hour of Darkness

I don't have any of these (minus the "unopened" gutted copy of Disgaea Hour of Darkness from Gamestop I got yesterday) and at ~ $15 per title delivered, new, seems like a great price. If I were able to maximize the deal going on at Gamestop for the used titles I would save just a bit over $7 after tax; actually more if you factor in fuel/time. Thanks OP.

man...if I was new to the PS2, I'd totally jump on this deal to start my collection and what a great starting collection it would be.

But, like everyone else, I have all the games I'd buy with this deal.

Solid selection. Too bad I have almost all of these games ... for others, if you don't have it, get Katamari Damacy, and then later, pick up the sequel. IMHO, both are far superior to the XB360 take.

I'm actually gonna go ahead and say that only half those games are really that great.

Damn it all, I have all the good ones but GoWII!!

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']I'm actually gonna go ahead and say that only half those games are really that great.

Damn it all, I have all the good ones but GoWII!![/quote]

Wow, tough critic. ;)

I mean, yeah, Madden 08 is a bit weak at $20, and a few of the games were just solid, but most of these are big PS2 hits, both critically and financially.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, tough critic. ;)

I mean, yeah, Madden 08 is a bit weak at $20, and a few of the games were just solid, but most of these are big PS2 hits, both critically and financially.[/quote]

Well, that's because there are a lot of STUPID critics and kids who, for some reason, automatically go ga-ga for anything that weasels it's way out of Japan's ass. I'm a bit more discerning than that. Katamari Damacy actually wasn't bad, though.

Also, I'm not really into sports games, but from what I hear, '08 was really bad. Not shooting anything down, just saying.

Anyone have any luck getting dupes? I tried getting two Persona's and two Metal Gears but my cart comes back at $111. I'd hate to waste a freebie on a $20 game when I'm getting two $30 games.

Nevermind... the discount doesn't show until you checkout.

Well, not for nothing, but I am not a big fan of JRPGs, but the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games are the only ones I can really get into. I have tried a bunch of other JRPGs, and I simply get bored after a few hours. The only other one I have really ever got into was Lost Odyssey and obviously that is an offshoot of the FF family tree.

Anyway, even if you want to take out the JRPGs, you still have a bunch of hits there. You can certainly make an argument against a few of them, like Killzone, which did receive good but far from great scores. Still, you basically have some of the best games on the PS2 right there.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, not for nothing, but I am not a big fan of JRPGs, but the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games are the only ones I can really get into. I have tried a bunch of other JRPGs, and I simply get bored after a few hours. The only other one I have really ever got into was Lost Odyssey and obviously that is an offshoot of the FF family tree.

Anyway, even if you want to take out the JRPGs, you still have a bunch of hits there. You can certainly make an argument against a few of them, like Killzone, which did receive good but far from great scores. Still, you basically have some of the best games on the PS2 right there.[/quote]

Actually, I would half-agree with Kingdom Hearts. I felt the first KH was pretty solid. The second game, though, with the Organization, just turned me off. They certainly are popular, though.

And I still haven't played Lost Odyssey, but I'm interested.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Actually, I would half-agree with Kingdom Hearts. I felt the first KH was pretty solid. The second game, though, with the Organization, just turned me off. They certainly are popular, though.

And I still haven't played Lost Odyssey, but I'm interested.[/quote]

If you like Final Fantasy, you'll like Lost Odyssey. Simple as that. Even the music is Final Fantasy-ish, and personally I LOVE the music in Final Fantasy games :).

[quote name='InFlames215']If you like Final Fantasy, you'll like Lost Odyssey. Simple as that. Even the music is Final Fantasy-ish, and personally I LOVE the music in Final Fantasy games :).[/quote]

But each different FF is so different, in theme, except maybe 7 and 8 being similar, are they not?

Or were you talking in terms of game-play? Or both?

They are only listing six games that I don't already have, of those six I'm kind of interested in maybe three of them, but not enough to bite on this and add to my slowly decreasing backlog. Thanks for the heads up though.

Wow, this is a good deal. Thanks.
smiley.gif

[quote name='InFlames215']If you like Final Fantasy, you'll like Lost Odyssey. Simple as that. Even the music is Final Fantasy-ish, and personally I LOVE the music in Final Fantasy games :).[/quote]

Aside from the ring system, which I found pretty boring, it seemed like a pretty archaic game compared to the PS1 and PS2 Final Fantasies. The nights of 1000 dreams stuff was amazing though, even if it has nothing to do with the gameplay.

I wish they had this when I picked up a lot of these games. I never had a PS2 so when I got my 60GB PS3 I picked up some of the games I always wanted to play. I've gotten GoW 1 and 2, SotC, MGS3 and then later the Essential Collection, Katamari Damacy and the original Jak and Daxter.

first link was BUY 4 for 3
new link is BUY 3 for 2

Same list of games, and many are OOS for amazon, in stock at "beach audio" or some other rip off 3rd party does not count

amazon is FREE SHIPPING NO TAX. Beach Audio is overpriced shipping + tax

don't fall for that 3rd party jones

Not to start a fanboy flame war but this is one area where the PS3 (well at least the 60GB model that I have) torches the 360: backward compatibility! I just picked up God of War I & II and Shadow of the Colossus. I'm going through all the best PS2 games (Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Metal Gear Solid) and I'm loving it!

Picked up God of War 1 and 2 and got Shadow of Colossus free. Great deal for filling in some holes of my PS2 collection.

[quote name='momomchine']Not to start a fanboy flame war but this is one area where the PS3 (well at least the 60GB model that I have) torches the 360: backward compatibility! I just picked up God of War I & II and Shadow of the Colossus. I'm going through all the best PS2 games (Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Metal Gear Solid) and I'm loving it![/QUOTE]

"Torches" may be a bit strong considering they're dropping BC altogether now. If I had a better sense of what their future plans were regarding BC, then I'd have no problem waiting. As it is, I jumped on a ~BC 80gb. With word of Singstar being BC regardless of model number, I wonder how far software emulation may take us over the course of this 10 year plan.

Right now, though, BC does not seem to interest Sony whatsoever. So long as they can still sell PS2s anyhow. Only after that juggernaut retires do I anticipate a concerted effort by Sony to address the issue.

Good games at good prices, but I've been spoiled by the weekly GS 20% coupons. Not to mention that my wallet has taken a beating too. Might come back around and get Disgaea and Odin Sphere . . . but what else . . .?

[quote name='theflicker']With word of Singstar being BC regardless of model number, I wonder how far software emulation may take us over the course of this 10 year plan.[/quote]SingStar is kind of a special case. All it's really doing is loading up some assets (in this case songs) from a PS2 disc, after the PS3 version of the game is already running in memory. No actual game code is being emulated.

[quote name='cikez5252']People still buy PS2 games? LOL
icon12.gif
[/QUOTE]

ummmm ... yeah? not all of us can afford those fancy pants new consoles. :p

bread's done
Back