Buy 2 Get 1 Free used at EBGames starts again February 1st...

[quote name='DenisDFat']Sheesh, i have over $50 of trade in waiting for this.[/quote]
I'm actually excited this means another two weeks of money saved up for this baby. Hopefully I can get some of the newer titles before they sell out.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Iguess I'm a total geek cause I immediately thought Dungeon Master when I saw DM. :blush: oh well... can't wait for the sale![/quote]

That makes two. Now all I need to do is decide where to go for this sale, GS or EB. No real advatage either way and too busy with my site to care. Damn having stuff to do!

[quote name='coolz481']The buy 2, get 1 free pre-owned sale begins 2/18 and runs through 2/27.[/quote]

I was wondering why they didn't have anything mentioning when I went yesterday to grab up some $4 Xbox games & Final Fantasy Tactics. Oh well, have to wait a few more weeks to grab up some cheap games. BTW, noticed that Malice is $7.99 preowned at EB.

Also seems that some EB employees don't know you can use the Edge card online. Cause the one when I got mine yesterday had no idea.

[quote name='Swift900'][quote name='help1'][quote name='TimTucker'][quote name='outkastx']Looks like this deal starts on the 18th...[/quote]

Argh... this means having to wait a few weeks before being able to make money off of the "Trade 2 get an extra $10 promotion"...

i.e.:
6 x $4.99 games = $20 cost, trade for $30, make $10 profit
6 x $5.99 games = $24 cost, trade for $30, make $6 profit
(more discount & more profit w/ edge card, of course)[/quote]

what are you talkign about?

6 x 4.99 = 29.94... 6 cent profit, liek omg!
And you lose money by buyign 5.99 games.[/quote]

I believe he was talking about taking advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free deal.

Buy 2 for 4.99 = about 10.00
+ 1 Free Game
Buy 2 for 4.99 = about 10.00
+1 Free Game

Then with the 6 games for about 20.00, take advantage of the Trade in 2 get an extra 10.00 deal.

2 games = 10
2 games = 10
2 games = 10

Leik omg! Not that hard really.[/quote]

good luck finding those game for those prices they will take back in... Most the stuff is old sports games that dont count

[quote name='slidecage']good luck finding those game for those prices they will take back in... Most the stuff is old sports games that dont count[/quote]

If you keep in mind that it's still possible to make a profit on the $5.99 games (especially if you use the edge card), there are quite a few possibilities. I've seen enough at my local store that it should be worthwhile.

A few examples of stuff that's $5.99 or less:
Oni
Silpheed
X Squad
Silent Scope
Deus Ex
Shadow Man
The Bouncer
Orphen
Minority Report
Evergrace
Eternal Ring
Blowout
Turok: Evolution
Red Faction

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='suko_32']What's a DM? Deal Master? Actually, I know it can't be Deal Master...[/quote]

District Manager. Either that or Dominatrix.[/quote]

I thought it was a Dick Muncher

[quote name='wankerjr'][quote name='coolz481']On 1/31, the trade-in 2 XB/GC/PS2, get $10 bonus started. The only thing excluded are sports games (in other words, plain ol' POX non-sports games will work). [/quote]

Just to be nitpicky the deal started Sunday 1/30/05 :p[/quote]

when does it end?

Does anyone remember what discounts you were able to stack with this last time they had it, both in store and online. I believe in store you could use your edge card to get 10% plus B2G1, and online i think I was able to use the edge card, SAVER, and B2G1 but I don't think CAG15 was stackable. Can anyone confirm.

I haven't read most of this thread so...

the buy 2 get 1 on PO is for President's Day weekend time....

the trade 2 get extra 10 last all month.

[quote name='icemanjmw13']Does anyone remember what discounts you were able to stack with this last time they had it, both in store and online. I believe in store you could use your edge card to get 10% plus B2G1, and online i think I was able to use the edge card, SAVER, and B2G1 but I don't think CAG15 was stackable. Can anyone confirm.[/quote]

Last time they did this you could only stack your edge card with the B2G1F Online. I didn't buy anything in store last time but I would bet that you are right about stacking your edge card with the B2G1F B&M

[quote name='DenisDFat']Wait, so it willl only be the weekend of the 19-21?

if so, suck.[/quote]

Man, if this is the case, the deal will be greatly watered down for me....especially since the website hasn't been updating on weekends. :?

EB's used games seems to have shrunk dramatically. Is that why they're running the bonus $10 for 2 games? And the prices for a lot of the better games have risen a few dollars. Even old sports games seem a bit pricey.
I've been checking my local EB's and their game selection is so-so.

Too bad Gamestop doesn't guarantee manuals and cases, otherwise I would stick with them. They've got more games and most at cheaper prices than EB.

I found 3 great Xbox games that I want online, but what's the code for this online? I tried B2G1F but said the code was invalid.

[quote name='jngx80']EB's used games seems to have shrunk dramatically. Is that why they're running the bonus $10 for 2 games? And the prices for a lot of the better games have risen a few dollars. Even old sports games seem a bit pricey.
I've been checking my local EB's and their game selection is so-so.

Too bad Gamestop doesn't guarantee manuals and cases, otherwise I would stick with them. They've got more games and most at cheaper prices than EB.[/quote]

EB Guarantees manuals and cases?

EBgames.com guarantees that PS2, Xbox, and gamecube games come with their original case and instruction manual. And at the stores most of them have the original stuff. Gamestop.com says it may or may not come with the original packaging. I've only been to a couple of Gamestops (for some reason there are like 5 EB's in SF, but only 1 Gamestop and it's quite far from me)

The online code doesn't work yet. The sale is not until the holiday weekend.

[quote name='Swift900'] EB Guarantees manuals and cases?[/quote]

On all the new generation games (PS2, Xbox, GCN) they guarantee case and manual. The older ones are a crapshoot, seemingly about 50% chance to get the book or case.

Is EB raising their prices in anticipation of this sale? Looking at their prices on used Gamecube games, I'm seeing a lot of changes ....

Minority Report $7.99 -- an excluded title that I'm almost positive was $5.99 a few weeks ago
XIII $9.99 -- excluded title, seem to remember $7.99
Eternal Darkness $12.99 -- excluded, $9.99
Harry Potter CoS $12.99 -- excluded, $9.99

Those are just a handful. Is this typical of them?

Their prices seem to fluctuate quite a bit actually, probably just more noticeable now that we're looking ahead to the sale.

Is EB raising their prices in anticipation of this sale?

actually prices are going down. All the price changes we have received in the past week has been bringing prices down (the only raises were to bring back the new prices up on the 5 dollar games). We had drops in the PO PS2 games and PS1 games mainly. No price raises on POs. Eternal Darkness has been that way for a while now.

this would be a perfect opportunity to use that trade in credit... but i can't find any good deals that i want so poopy =(

Some of the games' prices have dropped but that's because they rose around christmas time. During christmas and first weeks of January:

Sims was $17.99 - but now it's down to 12.99
Final Fantasy X has fluctuated 12.99 then 9.99 but now back to 12.99
Lotr: two towers was 7.99 before christmas, then it was 12.99, now 9.99
Jak & Daxter jumped up in price but has fallen a bit.

I've got to get a gift card with a PIN so I can use it online, there's not much I want at the stores plus it's hard to take full advantage i.e. buy 3 games that are exactly the same price.

Just bumping this topic up. Wasn't impressed with the KMart or BB sales this weekend...hoping this sale will make up for it.

Is this sale still on for Presidents' Day Weekend (next weekend - Feb. 19 - 21)?

bread's done
Back