Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games & Accessories at GameStop

msuna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-r=5198]7291[/IMG-r]Use coupon code B2G1FREE to activate GameStop.com's buy 2, get 1 free used game & accessories sale. Offer valid in-store too. Sale ends Saturday, 7/17.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds regional since GS B2G1 promotions normally starts late Thur/early Friday, and end on Sundays. This doesn't sound like a national promotion.

[quote name='Squarehard']Sounds regional since GS B2G1 promotions normally starts late Thur/early Friday, and end on Sundays. This doesn't sound like a national promotion.[/QUOTE]

but 7/15 is a thursday... so maybe its late thursday? just sayin....

edit: "boneless" on the other thread is confirming this as well...

[quote name='vic_x51']but 7/15 is a thursday... so maybe its late thursday? just sayin....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I misread, but ending on a Saturday is still odd and out of place. Is there something that came out this week to warrant a B2G1? They end to do these during huge game release weeks or games that are good for midnight opening.

I had a GS employee tell me earlier this week when I asked that "we tend to do B2G1 right after we have a big trade-in promotion" I thought he was talking out of his butt I guess not. . .

question, can you get more than 3 games. like if i buy six games will i get three for free. appreciate the help whoever answers

[quote name='jcwkings']question, can you get more than 3 games. like if i buy six games will i get three for free. appreciate the help whoever answers[/QUOTE]

They let me buy as many as I wanted in-store last month.

I love these since I can actually see the games I'm buying and make sure the case/manual are intact and discs are not beat to hell. Keeping my fingers crossed for my area!

[quote name='jcwkings']question, can you get more than 3 games. like if i buy six games will i get three for free. appreciate the help whoever answers[/QUOTE]

ha, re-think your question. but yeah I don't think they cap it.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']ha, re-think your question. but yeah I don't think they cap it.[/QUOTE]

Real question is: if I buy 10, can I get 9 free? ;P

I'll email customer service about online. Doubt I'll get a real answer though.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']ha, re-think your question. but yeah I don't think they cap it.[/QUOTE]

i think jcwking said what he/she meant:

3 games = 2 + 1 free
six games = 2 * 3 ---> 3 free

no biggie, and yea i don't see why they would cap you either

Last month I ordered B2G1 free with my GameStop credit to flip it on Amazon... they sent me beat up copies without manuals, etc. One copy was from "Hollywood Video" I was like WTF. Hope it doesn't happen to you guys.

[quote name='JaxMoney']Last month I ordered B2G1 free with my GameStop credit to flip it on Amazon... they sent me beat up copies without manuals, etc. One copy was from "Hollywood Video" I was like WTF. Hope it doesn't happen to you guys.[/QUOTE]

GS.com online quality is just complete crap now ever since they stopped guaranteeing completeness of current gen games. Makes it rather tough to order from GS.com again if you're looking for complete copies of games.

[quote name='JaxMoney']Last month I ordered B2G1 free with my GameStop credit to flip it on Amazon... they sent me beat up copies without manuals, etc. One copy was from "Hollywood Video" I was like WTF. Hope it doesn't happen to you guys.[/QUOTE]

I'll only buy stuff I intend to flip in an actual store to make sure it's complete.

Does GS.com have ANY titles that come with a box, art and manual? Seems like they are back to what they used to do by not guaranteeing this anymore.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Does GS.com have ANY titles that come with a box, art and manual? Seems like they are back to what they used to do by not guaranteeing this anymore.[/QUOTE]

On my last order of 7, 5 came in complete. They were relatively new games, though, so that could have something to do with it. One of them was brand new - just missing shrink-wrap, still had security sticker on it. Dead Rising/Red Faction were in beat up PS2 cases.

[quote name='kynetarse']On my last order of 7, 5 came in complete. They were relatively new games, though, so that could have something to do with it. One of them was brand new - just missing shrink-wrap, still had security sticker on it. Dead Rising/Red Faction were in beat up PS2 cases.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they still allow you to take it back to the store for a better copy within 7 days?

[quote name='lllGurulll']I wonder if they still allow you to take it back to the store for a better copy within 7 days?[/QUOTE]

You can always return it for a refund if you don't get all the contents or jsut ask them to swap out a copy they have in the store.

I asked this to an employee at my local store and he said they could give you working discs, but not the box/manual, which most people state is nonsense and all you have to do them is call and complain.

[quote name='DeadKevin666']You can always return it for a refund if you don't get all the contents or jsut ask them to swap out a copy they have in the store.

I asked this to an employee at my local store and he said they could give you working discs, but not the box/manual, which most people state is nonsense and all you have to do them is call and complain.[/QUOTE]

Not that the box and manual is that important to me but it really irks me that GS gives full TV to people that bring in games without the box and manual and then turns around the sells that crap to the paying public for the same price as one that has the box and manual. As much as I love the CAG16 credit, it doesn't seem worth it to me anymore.

To go with the quality questions:

I bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 & New Super Mario Bros. SMG2 was in a plain case, with a floor burn scratch on 1/4 of it. NSMB was in mint condition in a RED (sometimes they come in black/white cases) case with everything instide.

I have noticed that if you ever buy 2 of a used game, you almost always get 1 mint and 1 w/o case. Seems like they try to even it out for you.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I wonder if they still allow you to take it back to the store for a better copy within 7 days?[/QUOTE]

It's actually 30 days starting the day you ordered it (or it might be the ship date, don't really remember) for online orders.

There's no recent titles I really want and I'm kinda shocked they're doing another B2G1 so soon after the last one(last month). But it's good for those who may have missed the last one at least.

Good luck getting everything you all want from the sale in the condition you want it in though.

Also regarding used game conditions, I recently bought (360) Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands, GTA:LCS, and Darksiders all used from gs.com and all were in mint condition complete/box/manual. Only issue was with RDR, the disc looked great but there was a small deep scratch on the label side and it wouldn't play, returned to local store for a new copy no problems.

The games I want are all relatively new and only a couple of upcoming ones -- so I think I'll wait for the insane holiday deals to roll in before spending anymore money.

[quote name='Squarehard']GS.com online quality is just complete crap now ever since they stopped guaranteeing completeness of current gen games. Makes it rather tough to order from GS.com again if you're looking for complete copies of games.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

On another note, I sent an email to GS customer service regarding the issue with missing manuals, etc. And yes, they said you can print the invoice and take it to a local B&M to exchange, etc. :)

[quote name='thegreek']I repeat: Who buys used games?[/QUOTE]

I do....have been since the PSX/saturn era

[quote name='JaxMoney']Well said.

On another note, I sent an email to GS customer service regarding the issue with missing manuals, etc. And yes, they said you can print the invoice and take it to a local B&M to exchange, etc. :)[/QUOTE]

Even though they told you that, I am sure it will be YMMV per store.

what time (locally) does it start? The last time it was 7pm local time. I need to know the time b/c their stock of good games are always gone if I don't show up on time! Help!

bread's done
Back