Buy 2, Get 1 Free Video Game Sale at Amazon

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]18997[/IMG-R]Matching Target's Sunday ad promotion, Amazon is running a buy 2, get 1 free sale on over 1000 titles. All platforms, including PC & Mac are represented. Be sure NOT to use 1-Click checkout or the discount will not apply.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2, get 1 free at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
dumb question, i know it says on the rules that's only 1 per costumer but has anyone tried getting 2 orders? ( 6 games total ) im on my way home and i would like to know this

My 6 vita games were received today, most of the prices were not great but it was a good deal for Vita owners as all of these games are still mostly full price. Picked up 3 $40 games and 3 $30 games for 140, will keep me busy for a while.

I did it on two orders, so for whoever asked if you can do 6, not sure if you can do on one order, but I was able to on 2 seperate orders.

It's a good list with new games that launched just last week...but NG3 and RE:ORC at full price is too much based on the quality of them.

I shall wait.

Went with:

Tales of Abyss (3DS)
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP)
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
Fishing Resort (Wii)

[quote name='mitnosi']Went with:

Tales of Abyss (3DS)
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP)
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
Fishing Resort (Wii)[/QUOTE]

I got fishing resort too, with the rod. Saw it was part of the deal so I picked up that and 2 other $20 games.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']dumb question, i know it says on the rules that's only 1 per costumer but has anyone tried getting 2 orders? ( 6 games total ) im on my way home and i would like to know this[/QUOTE]

No, it won't let you. I tried getting 2 copies of Tales of the Abyss but I got an error during checkout.

At this point, it's probably unlikely that Amazon would add more games to the list right?

There's literally nothing I want to pair with Radiant Historia and Devil Survivor 2 from the list. If they'd only add DS Overclocked, I'd buy all three right this second :whistle2:(

Guess it's time to hope for some additions or a price drop for Fate/Extra LE to $30

Ended up buying Zelda: TP, Assassin's Creed 2, and Mass Effect for $39.95 in Amazon credit.

Only really wanted Assassins Creed 2, so I'll be trading in Zelda and ME. Ended up costing me $10.60 in Amazon credit after all was said and done

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']dumb question, i know it says on the rules that's only 1 per costumer but has anyone tried getting 2 orders? ( 6 games total ) im on my way home and i would like to know this[/QUOTE]

They always put the same condition, but early last year I remember placing two separate orders and the discount applied with no problem in both.
And if it does not let you do that, try to create another account.

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']They raised the prices on all the games to do this sale. What a kick in the nuts.[/QUOTE]

yeah..feel the same way. Most of the games you can get a lot cheaper with all the other sale going on that it pretty much beats the B2G1. Not bad though if you'r after the games that haven't dropped in price, i.e ME3. :)

Did some more research and now I'm wondering if Kirby Mass Attack has ever gone on sale?

I saw that Kmart dropped it to 19.99 for a week during Christmas season but couldn't find anything else. If that's the lowest it's ever been, I might use Kirby to fill out my order if nothing new pops up.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I got fishing resort too, with the rod. Saw it was part of the deal so I picked up that and 2 other $20 games.[/QUOTE]
hell yeah, high five! :D

I think I've settled on Super Mario 3D Land, Tales of the Abyss 3DS and a copy of Resident Evil: Revelations to then sell because I don't want it but I couldn't find a third game

[quote name='buckythekat']I think I've settled on Super Mario 3D Land, Tales of the Abyss 3DS and a copy of Resident Evil: Revelations to then sell because I don't want it but I couldn't find a third game[/QUOTE]

I believe Super Mario will end up being your "Free" game... If that's the case you could simply return RE:R and they will refund you and it will not affect the B2G1 free deal.

[quote name='jedolley']I believe Super Mario will end up being your "Free" game... If that's the case you could simply return RE:R and they will refund you and it will not affect the B2G1 free deal.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it works that way?

[quote name='confoosious']it does not. don't know what that guy is smoking.[/QUOTE]

I actually did this for the Vita B2G1 and it worked. If you check your invoice and as long as they did not take the promo from each game it will work. The same with the WiFi Vita and "free" 4GB memory card. I returned the memory card and got credited back the $20 and still got the $20 promo they gave out.

It's not something I set out to do, but it worked out in both instances... I did not want one of the games I got and it was not the "free" game, so I returned it and got refunded. I wanted the 32GB card, so I returned the 4GB and got refunded. I guess YMMV, but I know from personal experience that it has worked in the past.

[quote name='jedolley']I actually did this for the Vita B2G1 and it worked. If you check your invoice and as long as they did not take the promo from each game it will work. The same with the WiFi Vita and "free" 4GB memory card. I returned the memory card and got credited back the $20 and still got the $20 promo they gave out.

It's not something I set out to do, but it worked out in both instances... I did not want one of the games I got and it was not the "free" game, so I returned it and got refunded. I wanted the 32GB card, so I returned the 4GB and got refunded. I guess YMMV, but I know from personal experience that it has worked in the past.[/QUOTE]

on the order it applies a promo discount but doesn't change any of the games individual prices

[quote name='jedolley']I actually did this for the Vita B2G1 and it worked. If you check your invoice and as long as they did not take the promo from each game it will work. The same with the WiFi Vita and "free" 4GB memory card. I returned the memory card and got credited back the $20 and still got the $20 promo they gave out.

It's not something I set out to do, but it worked out in both instances... I did not want one of the games I got and it was not the "free" game, so I returned it and got refunded. I wanted the 32GB card, so I returned the 4GB and got refunded. I guess YMMV, but I know from personal experience that it has worked in the past.[/QUOTE]

Don't abuse it too much, amazon will eventually catch on.

I don't know what happened in your case but B2G1 frees get prorated per game and when you return a game you only get the proration back.

e.g. 3 three $60 games, if you return one, you get $40 back.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't know what happened in your case but B2G1 frees get prorated per game and when you return a game you only get the proration back.

e.g. 3 three $60 games, if you return one, you get $40 back.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I see a discount on each game on my b2g1 order. None of the games are "free".

[quote name='confoosious']I don't know what happened in your case but B2G1 frees get prorated per game and when you return a game you only get the proration back.

e.g. 3 three $60 games, if you return one, you get $40 back.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why, but on my Vita B2G1 the games were priced normally and below the total was section for "Promo Applied" and then minus the amount of the "free game". It may have been because my order included items other than the games themselves, but I don't know. I was not trying to abuse the system, I just had a change of heart on one of the games so I returned it.

After mulling over this sale for a few days, I think there's only one game that I'd want (RE:R), and I wouldn't mind getting two other games to sell in an effort to recoup the cost, but is there anything in this sale besides Tales of the Abyss :)3ds:) that would be an easy item to sell? I tried buying two copies of TotA, but Amazon says I'm limited to one copy. :\

If you were honest, you would had contacted amazon to let them know not to give you a full refund on the returned game cause you participated in a B2G1 free promo. Good luck scamming amazon out of a free game, and not getting ban down the road.

[quote name='rockx4']Yep, I see a discount on each game on my b2g1 order. None of the games are "free".[/QUOTE]
I bought mario 3d land, pokemon soulsilver, and radiant historia. Amazon discounted radiant historia for the full amount. They did not prorate the discount to all 3 games. They might have fixed it since then cause I ordered when the promo was first announced.

[quote name='Vigilante']After mulling over this sale for a few days, I think there's only one game that I'd want (RE:R), and I wouldn't mind getting two other games to sell in an effort to recoup the cost, but is there anything in this sale besides Tales of the Abyss :)3ds:) that would be an easy item to sell? I tried buying two copies of TotA, but Amazon says I'm limited to one copy. :\[/QUOTE]

Redbox Resident Evil if you can, easily can beat it in one night.

[quote name='htz']If you were honest, you would had contacted amazon to let them know not to give you a full refund on the returned game cause you participated in a B2G1 free promo. Good luck scamming amazon out of a free game, and not getting ban down the road..[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you bothered to read the rest of my posts or figured this would be a good opportunity to sound tough on the interwebz...

I did not set out to "scam" Amazon, I returned one of the games assuming they would adjust accordingly. When I saw that they refunded the whole amount, I sent them an email explaining the situation, but I don't think they bothered to read the email or did not understand it because I got a stock reply stating the adjustment was applied. I left it at that because I felt I did my part. I probably could have called or tried again, but I didn't and I don't feel bad about it. I tried... I actually did more than most probably would have.

You can go ahead and hop off that horse of yours.

[quote name='jedolley']I don't know if you bothered to read the rest of my posts or figured this would be a good opportunity to sound tough on the interwebz...

I did not set out to "scam" Amazon, I returned one of the games assuming they would adjust accordingly. When I saw that they refunded the whole amount, I sent them an email explaining the situation, but I don't think they bothered to read the email or did not understand it because I got a stock reply stating the adjustment was applied. I left it at that because I felt I did my part. I probably could have called or tried again, but I didn't and I don't feel bad about it. I tried... I actually did more than most probably would have.

You can go ahead and hop off that horse of yours.[/QUOTE]
Nowhere in that original post indicated you bother to contact amazon to explain the situation. Couple with the fact you did it twice. 1st time with the B2G1 free vita game promotion and the 2nd time buy a vita get a 4GB memory card free promo. You returned the memory card and got your $20 back on top of the $20 promo they gave out.

This is my last reply, we are throwing this thread off topic.

[quote name='htz']Nowhere in that original post indicated you bother to contact amazon to explain the situation. Couple with the fact you did it twice. 1st time with the B2G1 free vita game promotion and the 2nd time buy a vita get a 4GB memory card free promo. You returned the memory card and got your $20 back on top of the $20 promo they gave out.

This is my last reply, we are throwing this thread off topic.[/QUOTE]

The last word kind of guy huh? I never said my original message explained all this. I did mention that I did not intend to "scam" Amazon. They were all on the same order, and I did send back a game and the card and once I saw that they were refunded I emailed Amazon. Amazon did not seem to care, so I was not going to waste my time trying to give them their money back. I just mentioned that in my case it could be done, not that it should be done.

Either way, I guess i'll never be the saint that you are. :roll:

[quote name='jedolley']The last word kind of guy huh? I never said my original message explained all this. I did mention that I did not intend to "scam" Amazon. They were all on the same order, and I did send back a game and the card and once I saw that they were refunded I emailed Amazon. Amazon did not seem to care, so I was not going to waste my time trying to give them their money back. I just mentioned that in my case it could be done, not that it should be done.

Either way, I guess i'll never be the saint that you are. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Haha, wow, you're a moron. First, you said he's acting tough when there is no indication that he was trying to intimidate you, and now you saying he's the last word kinda of a guy when all he said was that was the last time he was going to reply to your dumb ass.

I got Tales of the Abyss, Silent Hill HD (360), and Dragon Quest VI. I really wish they had offered Tales of Graces f, but getting those 3 games for $80 wasn't too bad.

[quote name='starmask2k3']anyone get BB to PM this deal or tryed to[/QUOTE]
Not worth it to try. I am pretty sure it is explicitly stated in many places they don't PM websites.

You may be able to try and get them to price match target's but that is YMMV.

I really can't decide but what do you think of these three choices? MLB the show (PS3), Tale of the Abyss, and Red Dead Redemption Complete Edition.

[quote name='sasuke543']I really can't decide but what do you think of these three choices? MLB the show (PS3), Tale of the Abyss, and Red Dead Redemption Complete Edition.[/QUOTE]

Terrible from a fiscal point of view.

Need input for a 3rd game. Getting Raymon origins (ps3) and Metal gear solid HD (360). I need something in that price range, I also have a wii and a 3ds. I think my problem comes with the fact that I am planning on getting tales of grace f and(or) Xenoxblade Chronicles soon, so I don't wanna get anything heavy duty. Rayman I will play casually with the wife in her free time, and Metal Gear is more nostalgia related.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Terrible from a fiscal point of view.[/QUOTE]

Is it really? The Show usually takes a few months to dip down to what the savings are here and baseball season is starting, Abyss might not really come down (including used) and if it does it could take a year or two like formerly rare DS RPG's, and you get a lot with Red Dead Complete which I don't believe has had any crazy deals yet (lowest on Amazon was $10 off the current MSRP).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Prismatico']Is it really? The Show usually takes a few months to dip down to what the savings are here and baseball season is starting, Abyss might not really come down (including used) and if it does it could take a year or two like formerly rare DS RPG's, and you get a lot with Red Dead Complete which I don't believe has had any crazy deals yet (lowest on Amazon was $10 off).[/QUOTE]

Red Dead is on sale for $30 right Now.

[quote name='KtMack23']Red Dead is on sale for $30 right Now.[/QUOTE]

I see $36, which doesn't put it far from the net savings here regardless. Also, I meant the current MSRP when I said the lowest was $10 off ($30).

Getting The Show and Abyss for that same net price, however, is well worth it and the bonus of a content heavy game+DLC like Red Dead makes me wonder how that's a terrible deal at this point in time, that's all. Factor in the possibility of free shipping/no tax for some people, and I'd want to buy that combo myself if I didn't already own two of the games.

[quote name='GtotheA']does anyone know if they will honor this deal if i bought 2 games last saturday?[/QUOTE]
Doubtful, that was before the target sale was even live. You are welcome to try, and they may honor it, but I am sure it will flag your account. Amazon has some of the BEST customer service out there, and I really wouldn't want to take advantage of them.

What you could do is, just rebuy the two games you got with the third you want, then return the ones you purchased last saturday. And if you opened them already I am sure you can just return the new ones you will get.

they don't take kindly to too many returns. My personal theory is that returns are the #1 reason to get banned. Especially "defective" returns.

I actually bought 2 of the 19.99 games last week and considered chatting with them but I figure it's not worth the hassle.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Need input for a 3rd game. Getting Raymon origins (ps3) and Metal gear solid HD (360). I need something in that price range, I also have a wii and a 3ds. I think my problem comes with the fact that I am planning on getting tales of grace f and(or) Xenoxblade Chronicles soon, so I don't wanna get anything heavy duty. Rayman I will play casually with the wife in her free time, and Metal Gear is more nostalgia related.[/QUOTE]

Why not get the 3DS version of Tales of the Abyss? That way you can get your Tales fix, and in all honesty, Xenoblade will last you a long time and is claimed to be the best JRPG of this generation. I really want Tales of Graces f, but if I had to choose, I'd pick up Xenoblade over it. Besides, by the time you finish Xenoblade, Graces will have dropped in price on Amazon or somewhere else (whether for a sale or permanent price drop).

[quote name='TotalHenshin']Why not get the 3DS version of Tales of the Abyss? That way you can get your Tales fix, and in all honesty, Xenoblade will last you a long time and is claimed to be the best JRPG of this generation. I really want Tales of Graces f, but if I had to choose, I'd pick up Xenoblade over it. Besides, by the time you finish Xenoblade, Graces will have dropped in price on Amazon or somewhere else (whether for a sale or permanent price drop).[/QUOTE]
I was thinking of getting tales, but I am not sure how much I will actually play it. I haven't touched my 3ds since last summer. Maybe i just need a good game for it, but who knows. I may well do that. At the very least I can probably trade it someplace to make back most of what I paid for it.

[quote name='Prismatico']I see $36, which doesn't put it far from the net savings here regardless. Also, I meant the current MSRP when I said the lowest was $10 off ($30).

Getting The Show and Abyss for that same net price, however, is well worth it and the bonus of a content heavy game+DLC like Red Dead makes me wonder how that's a terrible deal at this point in time, that's all. Factor in the possibility of free shipping/no tax for some people, and I'd want to buy that combo myself if I didn't already own two of the games.[/QUOTE]

Because you're getting a $60 game with two $40 games. You'd maximize your savings with either getting three $40 games or three $60 games. Mixing and matching hurts the overall savings.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Because you're getting a $60 game with two $40 games. You'd maximize your savings with either getting three $40 games or three $60 games. Mixing and matching hurts the overall savings.[/QUOTE]
Basically paying 33 dollars a game. That is a great saving for the 60 dollar game but terrible for the two 40s. If you got 3 40 dollar games, you would end up doubling your savings on the 40 dollar games, saving close to 14 dollar apiece.

bread's done
Back