Buy 2 Get 1 Free Vita Games Matched by Amazon

slappynutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1346912522&pf_rd_i=3010556011

Took a while to find it, and it doesn't show up reliably on the Vita Store page for some reason, but was able to order Rayman, MvC3, and Wipeout.

*Edit*

Here are the games:

Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Fifa Soccer
Wipeout 2048
Lumines
Modnation Racers
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Little Deviants
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt: Injection
F1 2011
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
Michael Jackson The Experience

No idea why repeat visits to the Amazon Vita Store don't get the 2 for 1 to show up, but I saw it briefly, ordered, and saved the address to post here. Worked fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had success an Amazon CSR named Monica!!!! I figured I would take my chance last week when I ordered ModNation Racer, Wipeout, & Hot Shots Golf. I had a feeling the prices would go up, which they did. My little gamble payed off!!!!

What other games should I get, so far I have Little Deviants, ModNation Racer, Wipeout, HSG, Uncharted, Lumines, Ultimate MvsC 3, FiFa.

[quote name='skiizim']I just had success an Amazon CSR named Monica!!!! I figured I would take my chance last week when I ordered ModNation Racer, Wipeout, & Hot Shots Golf. I had a feeling the prices would go up, which they did. My little gamble payed off!!!!

What other games should I get, so far I have Little Deviants, ModNation Racer, Wipeout, HSG, Uncharted, Lumines, Ultimate MvsC 3, FiFa.[/QUOTE]
BlazBlu and Rayman are the "best" games you're missing.

Sweet. I called in an was offered a $30 credit to my account after being shot down on live chat.

You guys have an suggestions for two more games? I already have Uncharted, UMvC3, Little Deviants, and Rayman Origins.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Sweet. I called in an was offered a $30 credit to my account after being shot down on live chat.

You guys have an suggestions for two more games? I already have Uncharted, UMvC3, Little Deviants, and Rayman Origins.[/QUOTE]
BlazBlue, Wipeout 2048, and/or Hot Shots Golf. ;)

Can you guys help me? I ordered from Amazon last week but i bought one game, i'll order another game if i have too to get this promotion i've ben shot down when i called them once and Contacting them via chat i think its something im saying wrong can you tell me what i should say?

Just got off the phone with Amazon support. I had previously purchased Uncharted when it was 39.99 and Hot Shots when it was 29.99, so I already have them. Told the CS guy I'd hate to have to return them and re-order, and he says he could give me a 16.00 credit. I say the 16.00 is too low, that I'm supposed to get one free, and he says to hold on to see how high he can go. He comes back and says he can give me a 18.00 credit. I say ok, if that's the best he can do. Then I check my e-mail and he issued me a 19.00 credit. Not sure how they come up with these numbers, perhaps it's because I already got the 2 games I have for 10.00 less than they are now.

Anyway, ended up ordering UMvC3, Rayman, and Lumines (really wanted this one on psn, but oh well) for 60.98. And the best part? With Prime shipping, they'll be here Wednesday, along with my Vita! Can't wait.

On a side note, I really hate that all my games are physical copies now. I was totally gonna embrace the DIGITAL REVOLUTION and I even bought a 32gb card. Now it looks like I'll never fill it up, lol. Was planning on getting UMvC3 and Lumines (and possibly Rayman) on psn, but B2G1 > no discount.

Tried chatting...no luck. Tried to call...also no luck. When I called, the woman was convinced I was just making it up, and despite me leading her to the page, she couldn't find it for about 15 minutes. And then just flat out told me "There's nothing we can do, you have to order the 3 games starting today to get the promotion."

Wondering...should I try again tomorrow? I ordered Hot Shots, it's unopened since I don't have my Vita yet, and would really love Lumines and Rayman. Is it worth it to try again, or just to do the return/rebuy?

Also, if I do the return/rebuy today, would I have the gift card money I used to buy Hot Shots back into my account by the 25th? The only thing I'm worried about is not having the money back in time, and the promotion ending/games I want going OOS.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Can you guys help me? I ordered from Amazon last week but i bought one game, i'll order another game if i have too to get this promotion i've ben shot down when i called them once and Contacting them via chat i think its something im saying wrong can you tell me what i should say?[/QUOTE]
They aren't going to let you buy one and get another free. Your best bet is to B2G1 free....make sure one of them is the same game you already have. Return it with the information from the first order......it's alot of work just to get a free game.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Tried chatting...no luck. Tried to call...also no luck. When I called, the woman was convinced I was just making it up, and despite me leading her to the page, she couldn't find it for about 15 minutes. And then just flat out told me "There's nothing we can do, you have to order the 3 games starting today to get the promotion."

Wondering...should I try again tomorrow? I ordered Hot Shots, it's unopened since I don't have my Vita yet, and would really love Lumines and Rayman. Is it worth it to try again, or just to do the return/rebuy?

Also, if I do the return/rebuy today, would I have the gift card money I used to buy Hot Shots back into my account by the 25th? The only thing I'm worried about is not having the money back in time, and the promotion ending/games I want going OOS.[/QUOTE]
Just do a return/rebuy. Select instant gift card credit and "Missed estimated delivery date" for the reason so you aren't charged for return shipping.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Tried chatting...no luck. Tried to call...also no luck. When I called, the woman was convinced I was just making it up, and despite me leading her to the page, she couldn't find it for about 15 minutes. And then just flat out told me "There's nothing we can do, you have to order the 3 games starting today to get the promotion."

Also, if I do the return/rebuy today, would I have the gift card money I used to buy Hot Shots back into my account by the 25th? The only thing I'm worried about is not having the money back in time, and the promotion ending/games I want going OOS.[/QUOTE]

I would bet you probably would not have the funds back in time for the promotion.

Bah, I dunno what to get. I'm gonna get Lumines and HSG, but I'm not sure on the 3rd game. I'm down to Uncharted or Wipeout. :\

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Oh wow... Apparently the promotions stack. So I can get 3 games for 50 dollars. Need to decide... Lumines, or Blazblue.[/QUOTE]

Which other promotion? Could use the added discount. XD

Had good luck with live chat. Had ordered two games with credit on Sunday after thinking the B2G1 wasn't going to get matched, and they allowed me to make a new order with the game I wanted and adjusted the price.

I got 3 games from them last week. So, I talked to Amazon and all they could do for me was give me a $10 refund. Better than nothing I guess. I knew I should have waited to buy closer to launch, but that's on me.

Heres my awesome convo

Me:Just this once?
Since other people had exception just once i feel like i should be treated with one also =\

Roshan:patrick, let me discuss with my supervisor.

Me:alright Roshan thanks.
Here's one proof that people got a exception Hello,
Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you.
I suggest you to place an order for Playstation Vita game (Shipped and sold by Amazon.com item) and write back to us with the order number using the following link. We'll waive off or issue a refund for the entire order (Including shipping cost if any).
Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

Roshan:patrick, I am sorry again I have discussed with my supervisor but no body can go across the company policy.

Me:Then why were other people able to do this? Is it because they were on the phone with amazon cs? This isn't really fair and i dont find the problem with buying one more game so i can qualify for a free game. If i saw this promotion last week i wouldn't have this problem but i feel like im being robbed from a deal.
I'd love to return the game just so i can have the funds for this promotion but in 2-3 it would not work sir.

Roshan:patrick, as an one time exception please place the order for the item and I will remove the order cost.

Me:Okay thanks.

Grabbed uncharted impulse at Walmart (wasn't even a deal)

Think I'll wait and see if they add more games here at amazon.
Or I might try Sale Matching at best buy.
Because I want to get Raymam, UMVC3, and probably dynasty warriors

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Oh wow... Apparently the promotions stack. So I can get 3 games for 50 dollars. Need to decide... Lumines, or Blazblue.[/QUOTE]

What other promotion is there?

[quote name='skiizim']What other promotion is there?[/QUOTE]

I made this same post, but deleted it when I realized he meant the 30 bucks of credit they gave him. XD

Wish I had the money to do this promo, but the Vita is killing me as it is. I want Hot Shots and UMVC3. :(

Not ideal, but since I bought Lumines a week ago they couldn't give me the promotion. They are providing a free refund mailer though, so I just ordered Lumines again with Hot Shots and Rayman.

Gonna return the Rayman I bought today from Toys R Us for 30 bucks (because of the giftcard promotion), so I still got Uncharted for essentially 50 bucks and a 20 dollar giftcard. Not too shabby me thinks.

Wow im so happy! I pretty much got a game for free the guy just took the price off a full game and i didn't have to order another game... (I bought a game last week) So i bought 1 game basically (which was last week!) And got 1 free =) i shouldve picked uncharted as the free game but i chose rayman (Wow can you believe that?)

b1g1 free for me.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Wow im so happy! I pretty much got a game for free the guy just took the price off a full game and i didn't have to order another game... (I bought a game last week) So i bought 1 game basically (which was last week!) And got 1 free =) i shouldve picked uncharted as the free game but i chose rayman (Wow can you believe that?)[/QUOTE]

Wow, you got lucky. You basically stole from Amazon.

[quote name='FierceDeityLink1']Just do a return/rebuy. Select instant gift card credit and "Missed estimated delivery date" for the reason so you aren't charged for return shipping.[/QUOTE]

That works?

[quote name='jza1218']Wow, you got lucky. You basically stole from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i got lucky, but i dont consider it stealing i replaced my pre-order for gravity rush so its fair i guess hah.

Bleh. Tried twice with Amazon Chat and got no help either time, despite the fact other people have had luck with it. It's weird as I buy a ton of things from them to, going to try calling them when i get home from work, not sure if it's the fact I got Uncharted for $39.99 and HSG for $29.99 or what - I've suggested both times they just refund me for the cheapest game and just keep getting told no.

YA I bought two games last week and so I contacted them all three ways and here is my results.

I first called them and had no luck. I was told to reorder then return for a refund.

2nd I did a live chat. Result was the CS lady gave me 40 promo credit(which I used for gravity rush)

3rd in my email they said for me to order the 3rd game and write back to me the order number so they can refund or waive the cost.

So in the end its a 2/3 chance of success?

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Wow im so happy! I pretty much got a game for free the guy just took the price off a full game and i didn't have to order another game... (I bought a game last week) So i bought 1 game basically (which was last week!) And got 1 free =) i shouldve picked uncharted as the free game but i chose rayman (Wow can you believe that?)

b1g1 free for me.[/QUOTE]
lol.....that guy is going to get chewed out (at best).

Ughh.....dealing with Amazon right now. Talking to Pradeep, and she is completely clueless. If you get into a chat with this rep, avoid at ALL COSTS.

I gave her all of the info and claimed the promotion was expired so she couldn't honor it. When I pointed out the expiration date, she then explained she couldn't honor the deal as my games were not on the promotion page or the games listing. Got transferred to a supervisor who pretty much told me I was SOL and there was nothing he could do for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GizmoGC']That works?[/QUOTE]
It shouldn't, at least if they have tracking like UPS. It always shows the estimated delivery date on my orders as well as the tracking info.

I just got the most amazing rep on the phone. She literally just game me a $40 credit for my $29.99 HSG I ordered in January and I don't even have to order two more games if I don't want. I can literally just get another game for free.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Ughh.....dealing with Amazon right now. Talking to Pradeep, and she is completely cluseless. If you get into a chat with this rep, avoid at ALL COSTS.[/QUOTE]

I talked to Raheesh once.

I had a paragraph typed out for my original message, which included my order number because i knew they normally asked for it...

At first he is like okay one moment (i would assume to read what i wrote)

then he said... "Can i have your order # please?"
Me: ".. It's in my first message i sent you"
Raheesh: "Oh.. ok sorry"
Raheesh: "I'm going to need your order number."
Me: ".............."

Used the OP link to get the deal for a Canadian friend who tells me shipping from .com would add $27. The .ca site is not running this promo. My shipping costs to Canada will probably be 1/3rd that price, likely less.

Oh, picked up Lumines, Rayman and Blazblue. Thanks!

I pre-orderd Hot shots and Wipeout way back in December. I chatted with a CSR and was told I would have to send the games back and re-order to qualify for the promotion. I told him that I would instead return the games back to amazon and go buy them from Target. He then offered me a refund for one of the games.

I was just hoping for a credit, so I could buy the third game, but free is good too.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Yeah i got lucky, but i dont consider it stealing i replaced my pre-order for gravity rush so its fair i guess hah.[/QUOTE]

The promo is Buy 2 Get 1 Free. You Bought 1 and Got 1 free. You didn't steal but to call it fair might be taking it a bit far.

Ordered Wipeout for 29, did CSR chat to try and get two more and have Wipeout become free. First one said no, second one said yes, and actually made one of the 39.99 games free.

I'll never shop anywhere else again. SO GOOD

[quote name='jza1218']The promo is Buy 2 Get 1 Free. You Bought 1 and Got 1 free. You didn't steal but to call it fair might be taking it a bit far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but i just placed a order for another vita game ( seeing that i told the amazon rep i'd buy another vita game so that i can qualify for the free game...) So Basically i bought another vita game from amazon so its b2g1 free again.

Well I only ordered Hot shots golf at $30 a week ago. Copy is still sealed, basically emailed and asked if they wanted to go thru the hassle of returning the item, or instead just make an exception for me and let me pick two more games (wipeout and lumines), and they do the credit.

Their answer was to create a return label for me, told me to send it back and reorder the 3 titles, select 1-day shipping and they will waive the shipping costs.

My system won't be in for another week, so got no problem doing this, but seems like a pain for them. So instead of getting hot shots for $30, I'm gonna get hot shots, wipeout and lumines for $80. Guess that's not a bad deal.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Yeah but i just placed a order for another vita game ( seeing that i told the amazon rep i'd buy another vita game so that i can qualify for the free game...) So Basically i bought another vita game from amazon so its b2g1 free again.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say you bought only HSG to begin with?

Holy crap, after I made my case to the guy in chat he said there might be someone that could help me, and to to give him my phone number for a call back.

The girl who called me didn't really understand what I wanted, and was confused by the fact that I initially ordered Uncharted on June 22nd but didn't receive it until last week. After going back and forth several times she finally came back and said she applied a $40 credit to my account!

So if I really wanted to be a dick I could do a B1G1 as well, but I actually want both Rayman and Lumines so I ordered them (lol).

And the best part? I bought Uncharted when it was still $39! So all-in I got Uncharted, Rayman and Lumines for $79.98! Amazon is king.

[quote name='jza1218']Didn't you say you bought only HSG to begin with?[/QUOTE]

No i bought umvc3 last week. I never told you what specific game i bought yet. Except that the free game was rayman.

Got Uncharted, Army Corps of Hell, and UMvC3 for $55. Had $35 in credit. Kind of wish Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Touch My Katamari were included because I would have bought 3 more games. But I can't complain, saved me tax and a trip to Target.

[quote name='jza1218']I don't know how you guys are doing it. I'm basically just getting "Go ahead and return it and leave us alone."[/QUOTE]

That is pretty much my experience. Which sucks, because I have matched similar situations in the past with no issues. Every single person I have connected with has been foreign though, so that may play some part in it.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Got Uncharted, Army Corps of Hell, and UMvC3 for $55. Had $35 in credit. Kind of wish Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Touch My Katamari were included because I would have bought 3 more games. But I can't complain, saved me tax and a trip to Target.[/QUOTE]

I would assume Ninja Gaiden Sigma isn't on because it's technically a 'preorder'. They may add it when it's officially launched.

I should be getting some trade in credit this week and would love to use it on this. Hopefully Amazon doesn't kill the deal or sell out of the games I want.

I just noticed Wipeout is no longer in stock. [quote name='TheGuardianWolf']I would assume Ninja Gaiden Sigma isn't on because it's technically a 'preorder'. They may add it when it's officially launched.[/QUOTE]

Two of the other games in this promo are technically preorders.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']I would assume Ninja Gaiden Sigma isn't on because it's technically a 'preorder'. They may add it when it's officially launched.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, but Army Corps of Hell is on there, and that one is listed as Feb 22 (Preorder) as well.

Me:Hi - I purchased 4 PS Vita games about a week ago (Uncharted, FIFA Soccer, Wipeout 2048, and Hot Shots Golf) and you are now running a Buy 2, Get 1 free promotion on these games. Is there a way to get a refund on one of the games to take advantage of this, rather than having to return all the games?
PREETI:Hello, my name is Preeti. I will be happy to help you today.
Me:Hello Preeti - Thanks.
PREETI:I am sorry but we only offer deals at the time order is placed.
Me:Oh. I mean I can just place another order for 3 of those games and return them on the old order, but it seems kind of silly to have to do that.
This is the promotion: [link]
PREETI:please place an order and As a one time exception I will process a refund for the item that is has lowest cost.
Me:Oh really? How much will the refund be?
These are my orders that I placed: XXX and XXX
PREETI:For the cheaper one which is $39.99 for "EA Sports FIFA Soccer " and $9.99 for "PlayStation Vita Protective Film - Two Pack ".
Me:I don't think you need to refund the $9.99 for the "protective film"
Just the refund for FIFA Soccer is fine
I think it should just be $39.99
PREETI:Oh my mistake it should be only $39.99.
Me:Yes, that's right.
So I can get the refund and I don't have to make a new order?
PREETI:Yes right.
Me:Thank you very much, that is all I needed.
PREETI:You are welcome.
Thank you for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

I really don't know why this was so confusing, but I had Uncharted and FIFA on one order with my PS Vita FEB, and the other order was Hot Shots, Wipeout, and the protective film. He was just going to basically give me the cheapest item on each order free? I felt sorry for him and declined the $9.99 refund... but since I got Hot Shots and Wipeout for $29.99 each, I guess I got $10 extra. I dunno!

[quote name='dudejeff22']Holy crap, after I made my case to the guy in chat he said there might be someone that could help me, and to to give him my phone number for a call back.

The girl who called me didn't really understand what I wanted, and was confused by the fact that I initially ordered Uncharted on June 22nd but didn't receive it until last week. After going back and forth several times she finally came back and said she applied a $40 credit to my account!

So if I really wanted to be a dick I could do a B1G1 as well, but I actually want both Rayman and Lumines so I ordered them (lol).

And the best part? I bought Uncharted when it was still $39! So all-in I got Uncharted, Rayman and Lumines for $79.98! Amazon is king.[/QUOTE]
You did the right thing, but you could have potentially got Rayman, Lumines, and a 3rd game (well 4th in this instance) for $79.98, right?

bread's done
Back