Buy 2 Get 1 Free Vita Games Matched by Amazon

slappynutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1346912522&pf_rd_i=3010556011

Took a while to find it, and it doesn't show up reliably on the Vita Store page for some reason, but was able to order Rayman, MvC3, and Wipeout.

*Edit*

Here are the games:

Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Fifa Soccer
Wipeout 2048
Lumines
Modnation Racers
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Little Deviants
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt: Injection
F1 2011
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
Michael Jackson The Experience

No idea why repeat visits to the Amazon Vita Store don't get the 2 for 1 to show up, but I saw it briefly, ordered, and saved the address to post here. Worked fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tygamr']Well if the game isn't out yet, of course they aren't going to include them in this deal. Games that are yet to be released (even if they come out in a few days) count as pre-orders, and they virtually never do B2G1 deals on pre-orders. If they made ALL PS Vita games that are listed available, then you could just pre-order a bunch of games that don't come out for months- see the issue with that?[/QUOTE]
Army Corps of Hell was included originally, but has since been removed. Not sure if people were able to take advantage of it in some manner and that's why it was removed, or just because it wasn't out yet.

I'm hoping to see them added by Wednesday.

One issue though, there are now 4 games out of stock.
I need Rayman to survive.

[quote name='Tygamr']Well if the game isn't out yet, of course they aren't going to include them in this deal. Games that are yet to be released (even if they come out in a few days) count as pre-orders, and they virtually never do B2G1 deals on pre-orders. If they made ALL PS Vita games that are listed available, then you could just pre-order a bunch of games that don't come out for months- see the issue with that?[/QUOTE]

well they are part of the deal, it just says they are out of stock.

[quote name='pjb16']Army Corps of Hell was included originally, but has since been removed. Not sure if people were able to take advantage of it in some manner and that's why it was removed, or just because it wasn't out yet.[/QUOTE]

Yep I was able to get it. Says it will be delivered on the 22nd. So in that case I guess they might've oversold rather fast on that title.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Yeah, from what I understand Rayman actually excludes multiplayer in the vita version. It might have some mini games added though, if I remember right.
[/QUOTE]

No mini-games for Rayman. They added more collectables throughout the levels in the Vita version that unlock images in the Snoring Tree. These images supposedly tell some kind of backstory. I believe you're also supposed to be able to trade relics via Near.

The only other exclusive feature is the ability to zoom in.

I can't complain too much about this deal - I was going to do the re-order and return thing, but when I checked what I paid for three launch titles I bought from Amazon, they were all $10 cheaper than they are now, so there's not much of a point.

[quote name='BrandonJF']No mini-games for Rayman. They added more collectables throughout the levels in the Vita version that unlock images in the Snoring Tree. These images supposedly tell some kind of backstory. I believe you're also supposed to be able to trade relics via Near.

The only other exclusive feature is the ability to zoom in.[/QUOTE]

It also adds time trials for levels in which you can share ghost data online to compete for the best times.

I really want to go all DD with the Vita and did cave and got Ultimate Marvel for vita retail so i'm very tempted but going to pass. I already got Hot Shots Golf and going to get Katamari digital making that 3 vita games and that will do. I can wait for these launch games to go on sale in the PSN store or drop to 20 a piece or less. Only one thats tempting is Lumines but its such a perfect game to have DD on mem card.

Picked up UMvC 3, Wipeout and Michael Jackson. Really glad they matched this. All 3 shipped tonight for next day delivery but they all shipped from different warehouses even though I picked smalled amount of shipments possible

[quote name='Apostle22']well they are part of the deal, it just says they are out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Okay, now I get what you're saying. I thought you were talking about games that release 2/22.

[quote name='forbiddenx']How long does it usually take for Amazon to restock?[/QUOTE]

Could be a few hours, could be a few days. Amazon is very random.

And I don't know how anyone can think they are actually saving any money with download versions only when there are sales like this on retail copies. Not to mention the price of memory cards.

Psychical copies all the way! Hope they add games that release on the 22nd to the deal. Want to get Katamari and Sigma Plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
After looking through the B2G1 threads and seeing how many games people are buying, as well as the upbeat positivity in their posts, I think the Vita will have a long, healthy, life span. Take that fanboys and trolls!

I initially got shot down by Amazon for both the free 4GB memory card offer and the B2G1 offer. I then expressed a little frustration about how ridiculous it is that everybody who contacts them seems to get their own unique outcome. She then asked for my call back number and said she was going to try to work on it.

Having to fight for the retroactive B2G1 was expected, but the 4GB memory card kinda surprised me. Her reason was that it was a "system level promotion" and therefore the "only" way to get it is to cancel my existing order from June and make a new order.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']After looking through the B2G1 threads and seeing how many games people are buying, as well as the upbeat positivity in their posts, I think the Vita will have a long, healthy, life span. Take that fanboys and trolls![/QUOTE]

^^^This.

Purchased five physical games and Escape Plan & SSD. LOVE this system so far. Now, if only Sony would get on the stick and get us PSone support so I can take Final Fantasy Vl on the go.

If they add preorders and Ninja Gaiden, then I am in. Does anyone know if the Best Buy and Target deals allow for preorders? And if they are in-store only?

This would be so cool if I cared about anything other than Uncharted. Everything else (well, can't exclude Uncharted) is rehash.

I look forward to downloadables more, and let's see a solid FPS on this little console.

How about some Joe Danger, Flower, PixelJunk or Everyday Shooter for like $10? Those are inexpensive rehashes I'd like to see.

[quote name='trent82']I initially got shot down by Amazon for both the free 4GB memory card offer and the B2G1 offer. I then expressed a little frustration about how ridiculous it is that everybody who contacts them seems to get their own unique outcome. She then asked for my call back number and said she was going to try to work on it.

Having to fight for the retroactive B2G1 was expected, but the 4GB memory card kinda surprised me. Her reason was that it was a "system level promotion" and therefore the "only" way to get it is to cancel my existing order from June and make a new order.[/QUOTE]

Very similar story. Bought only Hot Shots Golf last week. So wanted in the B2G1 free. Sent an email, and was told to return my sealed copy of the game, re-order and then they would issue 1-day shipping on the order. Went to chat next, asking why should both of us go through all this work when they could just 'make an exception' and issue a credit on my order of 2 games. Guy claim he understood, but could not, saying their system might have problems with the transaction. Offered to stay in chat while I place the order and he would upgrade to 1-Day. Even told me to open my current copy of Hot Shots, and return the new one under the old invoice.

Went for the trifecta with a call. Spoke to a guy who said he understood exactely what I was saying, but that his computer system was restarting. Said there was nothing he could do presently but when the system restarts he would call me back and let me know what he could do. He didn't specifically say what he would do, but I got the sense he knew what I wanted and was going to try and work with me.

If he calls back and says no ill just do it the hard way and return and rebuy. I just wanted to save us all the hassle of all that work, but if Amazon wants the extra work, fine by me.

Im curious, has anyone here that bought 2 games from amazon and received them last week called the customer service center to try to get a free game without returning the 2 u received?

I got denied, but its BS cause they are both still in the return window.

[quote name='mkm1998']Spoke to a guy who said he understood exactely what I was saying, but that his computer system was restarting. Said there was nothing he could do presently but when the system restarts he would call me back and let me know what he could do. He didn't specifically say what he would do, but I got the sense he knew what I wanted and was going to try and work with me. [/QUOTE]

I will actually be a little surprised if he does call you back. Sounds like just a quick way out for him, haha.

[quote name='ianoid']This would be so cool if I cared about anything other than Uncharted. Everything else (well, can't exclude Uncharted) is rehash. [/QUOTE]
I agree about the rehash thing, but it's only a problem if you have played those games already, in my opinion. I picked up UVMC3 and Rayman (which is great) because I haven't played those on other consoles. Then there are games like Hot Shots and Lumines, which I wouldn't call rehashes but they are worthy sequels/editions to the predecessors. I'm not trying to convince to buy more games just wanted to throw in my two cents.

Ended up doing the return/reorder thing. The lady on the phone made it somewhat easy (the ups guy coming with my games will also have a remailer with him so I just give him my previous Rayman) and i'll receive a refund in 1-3 days. Not ideal but I was in a hurry and she was polite enough so sure why not.

[quote name='CBas92']Ended up doing the return/reorder thing. The lady on the phone made it somewhat easy (the ups guy coming with my games will also have a remailer with him so I just give him my previous Rayman) and i'll receive a refund in 1-3 days. Not ideal but I was in a hurry and she was polite enough so sure why not.[/QUOTE]

wow, i just went thru hell. Did basically what this guy was doing, even got free 1 day shipping. But everything I wanted is apparently back ordered now until freakin march, even though the site says its available. Had to call 3 times to get order canceled completely. BTW, the games in question were uncharted GA, UMVC3, and Modnation Racers.

I called a total of 4 times. The first 3, the associates were awesome, all women, all clear english, all very very helpful. The fourth time, the guy was a super douche bag who accused me of making up the deal because he could not find it on amazon. I was like are u fucking kidding me? I told him to just add the same games in my order to a cart and go to checkout and he'll see there is a sale, took him 10 whole minutes to do that.

Tired to read through the whole thread but I assume army corps is not really part of this deal. In no combination does that game work.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Tired to read through the whole thread but I assume army corps is not really part of this deal. In no combination does that game work.[/QUOTE]

It was this morning, I ordered it with Uncharted and UMvC3. They took it off for some unknown reason. Most on here believe because it was the only game not out yet, it comes out the 22nd. So hopefully they'll add it back, along with games that come out that day.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']It was this morning, I ordered it with Uncharted and UMvC3. They took it off for some unknown reason. Most on here believe because it was the only game not out yet, it comes out the 22nd. So hopefully they'll add it back, along with games that come out that day.[/QUOTE]

Hoping that's the case with Ninja Gaiden

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']It was this morning, I ordered it with Uncharted and UMvC3. They took it off for some unknown reason. Most on hegre believe because it was the only game not out yet, it comes out the 22nd. So hopefully they'll add it back, along with games that come out that day.[/QUOTE]

Great thanks for the info

[quote name='prateeko']Hoping that's the case with Ninja Gaiden[/QUOTE]

Me too, wouldn't mind a 2nd order with Gaiden, Katamari and some other game.

The deal lasts until the 25th, so I guess we'll find out tomorrow if they add the 22nd dated games.

I posted this in the other thread, but it might affect some of you as well so reposting it here:

Dunno if this deserved its own thread, but for those people who didn't cancel and reorder, or have Amazon CS Reps add a 4GB card to their order:
Customers who ordered the PlayStation Vita - WiFi through 2/20/12 will be sent a $20 credit to use towards PlayStation Vita games or accessories to compensate for the current "Buy a PlayStation Vita - WiFi get a 4GB Memory Card" offer (since we know many have already ordered and received a memory card).

You should receive your promotional code within two days after your order ships.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Offer-Update/forum/Fx3VEZN6KM1QL77/Tx1A65DXFDVEYUC/1/

[quote name='trent82']Wow, that is actually so much better than a 4GB card. I wonder if you can combine it with the B2G1 promotion to get 3 games for $60.[/QUOTE]

The B2G1 offer expires on the 25th. The statement says you'll receive the code within 2 days of shipment, so you'll get the code by the 23rd(assuming they ship your order on the 21st for delivery on the 22nd). So yes, it should work.

I ordered rayman last week on the 16th, and wanted to add it the deal this week, when i called the lady took her time and eventually said she couldnt add it without me cancelling out and reordering. By that time all the other games i wanted were backordered. I got a survey in my email and reported bad service and they called me and eventually awarded me a $15 promotion credit for the bad service. It still sucks though cause I go from getting UMVC3 from next week till end of march, and I don't even know when I will see FIFA. but any service is better then bad service.

[quote name='golgilak']I ordered rayman last week on the 16th, and wanted to add it the deal this week, when i called the lady took her time and eventually said she couldnt add it without me cancelling out and reordering. By that time all the other games i wanted were backordered. I got a survey in my email and reported bad service and they called me and eventually awarded me a $15 promotion credit for the bad service. It still sucks though cause I go from getting UMVC3 from next week till end of march, and I don't even know when I will see FIFA. but any service is better then bad service.[/QUOTE]

How is that "bad service"? Because they couldn't offer you the deal without canceling and reordering? That's normal and expected. Is it because all the games are on backorder? If so, that's ridiculous.

Either way, enjoy your unjustified 15.00 you screwed out of Amazon for being a whiny prick.

you obviously didn't understand my post, I didn't understood the policy, but the customer service represenitive didn't know the polices and took substanstial time to explain them to me when I was trying to rearrange my order, which caused me to be unable to get my games before they backordered, please before you fire off insults, read, the bad service was explained around the time it took to get a proper response from customer service not the policy itself to which I now fully understand.

[quote name='golgilak']you obvisously didn't understand my post, I didn't understood the policy, but the customer service representive didn't know the polices and took substanstial time to explain them to me when I was trying to rearrange my order, which caused me to be unable to get my games before they backordered, please before you fire off insults, read, the bad service was explained around the time it took to get a proper responce from customer service not the policy itself to which I fully understand.[/QUOTE]

So just how long did this "substantial time" take?

how about an hour, between wait times and her having to speak with a supervisor more then once due to ignorance, a hour might not be a big waste of time to you but it is to me, she couldn't even locate the deal on amazon, i had to navigate her to it

[quote name='bestkeeper14']the 22nd and no games have been added, wondering if i should wait till Wednesday or not!?[/QUOTE]

umm its the 21st.

Thought I'd chime in that I had luck with my first chat at getting a refund/credit on games I already bought. Here's the transcript (thanks to riptidewahoo for the opening line) :)

You are now connected to Zuhairah from Amazon.com.
Me:I purchased 4 PS Vita games about a week ago (Uncharted, Ultimate marvel vs Capcom 3, Wipeout 2048, and Lumines) and you are now running a Buy 2, Get 1 free promotion on these games. Is there a way to get a refund on one of the games to take advantage of this, rather than having to return all the games?
Zuhairah:Hello, my name is Zuhairah.
Me:Hello, Zuhairah
Zuhairah:You would need to return all the games for a refund, in that way you can re-order and get the promotion that we are running at this moment. I am sorry about that.
Me:I understand that this is normally your policy, but the system comes out tomorrow and I ordered these games early to have available when the system arrives (also ordered from Amazon). It seems like a lot of hassle to send them back just for you to send them again. Is there a way you might be able to make a one time exception and credit my account the $39.99 price?
Zuhairah:I will check on that for you with a member of our leadership team, I am unable to promise that it is possible.
Me:Thank you, Zuhairah, I appreciate it.
Zuhairah:You're welcome.
I am just waiting on the information for you.
David, we will do it as a 1 time exception for you. We will credit your account with a $39.99 promotional certificate on your account. In that way when you place another order it will apply if its shipped and sold by amazon.
Me:Thanks, Zuhairah, I appreciate the consideration!
Zuhairah:You're welcome. So when you place your next order that is sold an shipped by amazon.com, you will see the items price reduced when you proceed to checkout.
Me:Ok, good to know. Thanks again.

So yeah, I was able to get a $40 credit plus the $20 memory card credit even though I placed my order for the Wi-Fi unit earlier this year. The combined $60 credit takes a nice bite out of the overall cost of the Vita and brings it more in line with what I could do if I went to different stores and tried to mix and match (and hope for a good selection of games). Thanks fellow CAGs!

The whole convo took about 10 minutes, at least half of which was the CSR checking on whether he could give me the credit.

[quote name='chunlirocks']no they are there. I see them. Sold out last night though[/QUOTE]

Ok now I see them.

Wish they would add Katamari though.

bread's done
Back