buy 2 get 3rd for a dollar @ gohastings.com

Yeah, it's in used games section only.

By the way, where are Go Hasting stores located? Never knew about it. Or is this an online only retailer? :\

I placed a tiny order, but the $1 deal (although checked during search) didn't work for me.

Operation Vietnam DS $1.96
Luxor Pharaoh's Challenge DS $1.96
Trapt PS2 $1.96

$11.53 with tax & shipping.

The deal would have saved me a whoppin' dollar, so I don't mind. I've been looking for a deal on Trapt for years, just to see how bad/good it really is.

They still have one copy of Castlevania Portrait of Ruin for $3.99, unbeatable deal if you haven't played it yet.

What condition should I expect these to be in?

[quote name='Kerig']I placed a tiny order, but the $1 deal (although checked during search) didn't work for me.

Operation Vietnam DS $1.96
Luxor Pharaoh's Challenge DS $1.96
Trapt PS2 $1.96

$11.53 with tax & shipping.

The deal would have saved me a whoppin' dollar, so I don't mind. I've been looking for a deal on Trapt for years, just to see how bad/good it really is.

They still have one copy of Castlevania Portrait of Ruin for $3.99, unbeatable deal if you haven't played it yet.

What condition should I expect these to be in?[/QUOTE]

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin gone again... if they had free shipping i be all over it but shipping kills the deal when your buying games under 10

All games i ordered from them during their last buy 2 get 1 for a dollar deal were in great condition. Games were complete with box and book. Much better than Gamestop

yeah, you can expect really good condition, but about 2 of the 12 or so ive ordered from them in the past were complete, albiet roughed up (like the outer plastic of the cases' spine peeling). if you get lucky, i think some ppl got sealed copies the last time this deal was up.

Excellent, sounds like FYE/Secondspin quality. So now: has anyone gotten the B2G1$1 to actually work?

[quote name='Galego23']yeah the deal doesn't work for me either.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, I selected it from the menu at the top, but it doesn't apply when I'm going to cart.

Also, they have TimeCrisis 4 and it says it includes gun, which is awesome, because everywhere else it doesn't seem to and I can't find one with guncon3 included, so, if that's the case, for $20, that's great. I'm just concerned it's a glitch where they use the product description from the new game and just copy it over to the used game.

Call them and ask in half an hour:

Need Help? Email [email protected], or call Customer Service at 1-877-427-8464. We're open 9am - 9pm Central time Monday through Friday (except holidays).

I saw they had Ninja Assault w/GunCon 2 (PS2, CRT only) for $7, considering it's in the actual title of the game I would think it's included.

Guncon 3 supports LCD = the future is now.

[quote name='Kerig']Call them and ask in half an hour:

Need Help? Email [email protected], or call Customer Service at 1-877-427-8464. We're open 9am - 9pm Central time Monday through Friday (except holidays).

I saw they had Ninja Assault w/GunCon 2 (PS2, CRT only) for $7, considering it's in the actual title of the game I would think it's included.

Guncon 3 supports LCD = the future is now.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could call, stuck at work, no opportunity to use a phone likely, maybe during lunch. The thing is that the product description is the same on all new/used games, it would really surprise me if they had it with guncon3 for $20, I would be all over that if I was sure, even without any other deals.

It's live now. This wasn't there when I tested DVDs an hour ago:

promo-movies-buy2get3rd-b.jpg

Surprised-girl is there even when you already have 3 things in your cart :)

seriously do not order from them thye are the absolute worst! They advertise one type of game and then ship a different game. Then when you call thye say that you can return it for a refund instead of giving you the game you ordered!!! ORDER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Hmmm...I'd be interested in TC4 too if it included the Guncon.

Still, I cannot get any combination of games to work...and yes, I'm putting in used. Is there a code you need to enter, or button you have to click. (Their website layout sucks.)

EDIT: Guinea pig for Time Crisis 4. I don't want it without the Guncon (obviously). Grabbed Tomb Raider Anniversary and DMC4 (for my gf) and the deal went through.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got it to work, so it should be live for everyone now. as far as quality is concerned for people, for any console games that comes with a disc, its a toss up. some people got awful quality, and some people got decent quality and half the time it came complete with everything, but all in all it was about half and half from the reactions in the previous thread. for DS games, almost everyone who ordered DS games, they came in perfect condition, so you shouldnt have to worry about DS games.

now, for their special edition games or games that included a bundle of some sort, no one in the previous thread had received what was advertised as a bundle or special edition from hastings. in fact some people who didn't order a bundle or special edition actually got that version instead, so be wary you may not be happy if you order a special edition or bundle set. but overall, my experience was very pleasant.

shipping with hasting is also a little odd. they send your games out normally within a couple days (taken up to 5) and each package is sent out separately, so if you ordered 12 games, youll receive 12 different packages, and also they arent all shipped at the same time regardless of when you ordered them, so just because you ordered the first 3 games two days before you ordered the second batch of 3 games, it will not ship in order and you may get games from the second batch first. its all quite confusing the way they do shipping.

anyways, like i said, my experience was great with hastings, so of course i am ordering again for myself. just hope everyone else will have good luck with hastings.

[quote name='Squarehard']

now, for their special edition games or games that included a bundle of some sort, no one in the previous thread had received what was advertised as a bundle or special edition from hastings. in fact some people who didn't order a bundle or special edition actually got that version instead, so be wary you may not be happy if you order a special edition or bundle set. but overall, my experience was very pleasant.
[/QUOTE]

Meh, I think I'm goign to pass then, not worth risking it with the guncon3. I can't imagine it comes with it for $20, on ebay the guncon3 itself is goign for around 30 last tiem I checked, and the complete game was still around 45-50.

also, the B2G3rd for $1 this time only applies to purchases under $100, so if you were ordering it with the bundle with some other games thay may or may not exceed $100, that may be why its not working. and if thats not why, i dont know then XD

My experience with them has been good. I ordered 9 games (3 PS3 games, 2 Xbox 360 games, 1 Ps2 game, 2 DS games) the last time the promotion ran and the condition was near mint for 6 of them . Two games were Gamestop Used with their lovely stickers. Only one (Luminous Arc) did not include the manual. La Pucelle Tactics disc and case were a little scratched and beat up.

The games are sent in bubble mailers and my order took about 7 days to complete. The first one arrived within 3 days. They arrived individually with my mailbox being stuffed to the brink on one day.

I have to admit I was a little anxious after reading some of the posts but my experience has been good. The games were in great condition and the prices were decent.

I don't know if anyone wants to risk it, but there are two listings for used Wii Play - one shows $40.60, the other shows $11.39, but both are listed as "Used - Wii [Bundle]".

Also, it appears that if you try doing the deal multiple times in the same cart, the cheapest items become the $1 items, i.e. it doesn't group them like most systems.
e.g. if your cart has 3 $40 items and 3 $10 items, 2 of the $10 items will switch to $1, instead of 1 $40 and 1 $10 becoming $1 each.

I called them to add some movies to my order. They can't touch the order through customer service other than canceling it outright. Considering all 3 of my games were last-in-stock, I'll just place another order and eat the shipping.

Rep also said that "they aren't supposed to combine shipping at all", and that any order you place should be $2.99 per item, with no shipping discount (this explains why you'll receive 12 packages when you order 12 items, they ship from all different Hastings locations). She said she'd been with them for 3 years, and as of last week, they didn't combine shipping like this ($4.99 for 3 items, etc)

Considering how little help she was, I didn't even want to ask about the guncon 3 situation. Also note: the b2g1$1 movies don't work AT ALL with any sort of season/multi set. Not only were season sets under $40msrp not included, but also things like 24 Season 6 day 1 teaser (msrp

[quote name='ASLplease']Yeah, it's in used games section only.

By the way, where are Go Hasting stores located? Never knew about it. Or is this an online only retailer? :\[/QUOTE]

Hastings stores/rentals are all over the West coast. Haven't been East enough to notice if they're there.

[quote name='watcher0']Hastings stores/rentals are all over the West coast. Haven't been East enough to notice if they're there.[/QUOTE]

I've lived up and down California my whole life and have never seen one. Got any location addresses? Or by West coast do you mean the Pacific Northwest and the Southwest?

[quote name='skity']added 5$ off coupon to 1rst post[/QUOTE]

The codes may or may not work. For some it will, for some it won't. This same thing happened with previous $5 off codes, so its a toss up.

The coupon code doesn't seem to work. Is it for orders $25 and up? I have ~$26 in my cart and it's still giving me a total of $31...

[quote name='skity']its for orders 25 and up

i got my order down to 22[/QUOTE]

"
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Valid 8/23/09- 8/29/09. No cash value. Promotion Code and store coupon can only be used once per person or valid email address. For online use, enter the promotional code during checkout. For in-store use, print and take this coupon to your local Hastings store. Not valid with any other offer. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Online Promo Code: [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8AD23[/FONT]"

So it won't always work. Doesn't work for me thats for sure. The last two codes in the other thread, one worked, and one didn't work, and the one that didn't work was the second code I got, so you should probably note this could be one time use per account. But that may or may not be true too since I tried using a different account and popping in the code, and it still did not work, so put that in the op to make sure people know it may or may not work, especially if they used a previous $5 off code since the code is strictly for people who sign up for the newsletter, and all the codes from the newsletter are the same. So if they've used a previous code for $5 off of $25, this one probably won't work.

I can't seem to get the code to work for me - and I've never ordered from the site before. The cart says its there, but it doesn't seem to be applied.

Nevermind, got it to work. The code won't be applied until you go to checkout, it won't show up in the cart.

Does the SUBTOTAL have to equal $25 or the over TOTAL (with shipping)? I have my car at $24.44 WITH SHIPPING.

RIG i repeat do NOT get Time Crisis 4 even if it comes with the gun. i bought two copies awhile ago and i dont know if im the only one but it was absolutely horrid. they give u these ugly sensors and it takes like 15 minutes to configure them perfectly and even when configured perfectly IT SUCKS

I had a good experience with this site. I got 3 used games (all opened) and they were in good condition. Fallout 3 had a gamestop "used" sticker peeled off of it and some residue was left over, but I got it off very easily. Shipping was fast and I would order from them again. I might check out this deal again and pick up some other games for some low prices.

[quote name='benartmao']RIG i repeat do NOT get Time Crisis 4 even if it comes with the gun. i bought two copies awhile ago and i dont know if im the only one but it was absolutely horrid. they give u these ugly sensors and it takes like 15 minutes to configure them perfectly and even when configured perfectly IT SUCKS[/QUOTE]

I've really been hurting for PS3-exclusive games. I believe I heard somebody else mention it wasn't very good.

At least if I do end up with the game and gun, I can eBay it and come out ahead (or at least even).

I think I can solve the mystery for you guys. The coupon code only works if you sign up for their newsletter when you checkout from what I can tell.

[quote name='airdogfish']I think I can solve the mystery for you guys. The coupon code only works if you sign up for their newsletter when you checkout from what I can tell.[/QUOTE]

Yep thats it! I refused to order without the coupon working and finally got it to work the way you said. Thank you.

I figured I would give hastings another chance this time.

So the coupon only applies if you have $25 worth of merchandise after they apply the $1 and what not. It's kind of dumb how they make the cheapest items in your cart one dollar.. so you can't buy 3 $10 items and 3 $3 items because it will discount 2 $3 items.

The most cost efficient method would be to find 2 games for $12 each and a third for $12 to have it come equally to $25 to get the $5 discount and not get raped with shipping. You can't add a bunch of lower priced items to make the $25 either because each additional game is like a $1 added to shipping. And if you want to order games that vary in price, you have to purchase separately to not get screwed by their discounting system.. but when you purchase separately, you incur that extra $2 on shipping again thus losing some cash anyway.

Had some high hopes for the website.. but it pretty much fails for me based on the games I wanted. Hope someone else can work the system and get a good deal. Based on the total price after shipping and their shitty discount system, GAMESTOP prices are better during their B2G1 or 20-25% off coupon weeks.

[quote name='SilentStryk09']they have B&M stores, but i've only seen them in the southwest[/QUOTE]
theyre all throughout texas. thats all i know of.

Hasting's is originally from somewhere near Plano, Texas. There is a local hasting's store about 20 minutes from me and the selection is sweet. They only take in trade-ins and buy back back games if they are complete (manual, case, cover, disc is in good shape) so don't worry about it being like a used game from anywhere else. They also at different times have good, hard to find limited edition games so give them a try.

Decided to give this a shot. Ordered the following:
Bard's Tale PS2
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter PS2
Trace Memory DS
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams PS2
Jaws Unleashed PS2
Silent Hill 2 Xbox

Grand total w/shipping, after coupon: $39

Really wanted the bottom 2 games. $6.50/game with shipping sounds good to me.
Here's hoping everything arrives in decent shape.

Finally got the system to work for me. Picked up:

RPG Maker III, Yakuza, Dawn of Mana, Kingdom Hearts, Tenchu: Fatal Shadows, and Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. Came out to $43 so about $7 each.

Pretty good I think.. since I wasn't taxed and I'm in good ol' California.

bread's done
Back