Buy 2 months at Gamefly for $20 (DEAD)

jza1218

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
First time posting a deal, so be gentle.

http://bargainbriana.com/gamefly-two-months-for-20/

Tippr, another daily deal site, is offering two months for Gamefly for just $20. This is for new customers only.

Fine Print:

Limit one per person. You can purchase additional as gifts.
Expires 5/18/2011.
New Customers only. U.S. residents only, age 18 years or older.
Bonus Round $5 GameFly Dollars delivered on the 20th day of membership.

When you sign up for Tippr, you get $5 in credit for joining, making the total cost $15. This is for the 2 games out at a time plan.

Also, getting the deal is dependent on enough people taking advantage of it and "tipping" the scales. I had to click Atlanta area deals after signing up to find it, but it's there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']if i have done a previous demo deal for free 2 weeks, can i still use this?[/QUOTE]

nope if you EVER got anything for Free from gamefly or a deal from gamefly you will never get another deal...

I went to cancell back in sept and asked if i could get a better rate... They go we gave you 25% off for one month baack in 2005 so that is good enough. if you want to leave, leave

Nice deal, OP. And to people saying they can't get in on it, just use a different name. For instance, I did a trial of GF years ago when I still played my GBA. Once I got my 360, I just used my brother's name, and they sent games to him. Not really honest, but hey, it works (and you're paying $15 anyways).

hmmm i just moved maybe i could try my wife's email address and name and our new address and slip under the radar. lol. peace

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Great deal. Too bad it is only for new customers. Not like it's a surprise, though. There are almost never deals for existing members.[/QUOTE]

After I cancelled because of their slow shipping, they sent me an offer. $11.45 for one month. Sorry Gamefly, I won't pay less for crappier service.

[quote name='Velo214']hmmm i just moved maybe i could try my wife's email address and name and our new address and slip under the radar. lol. peace[/QUOTE]

I have done this a few times. Just use a new email and if you have moved it works. I have signed up to gamefly for new user promotions like 10 different times.

[quote name='shoe478']After I cancelled because of their slow shipping, they sent me an offer. $11.45 for one month. Sorry Gamefly, I won't pay less for crappier service.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I said almost never. I got a similar deal when I tried to cancel once. About the only thing that existing members can do is buy a gift certificate for themselves.

What I did was sign up for the first time with the $15 2 discs, and as my month was about to end I canceled, (I made sure to power-play tons of games during that month) and they usually give some kind of special offer (11.95 for 2 discs out) and then i take the plan, rinse and repeat..minus signing up for the first time, gamefly usually sends me at least 2 11.95 come back emails within a month after I cancel..

[quote name='sdclippers']Bad shipping times. I would stay away.[/QUOTE]

Depends on where you live. I'm in Jersey, so I'm one state over from their Pittsburgh center. I have had only a few problems with their turnaround time, and for the most part, I feel like I was being throttled for returning games too quickly. Not surprising to me, after I shot them an e-mail about it, games starting being shipped out as normal.

Just curious - it says existing members can buy this as a gift. Can you only gift this to a new member, or can you gift it to an existing member?

I'm in TN - shipping times are horrible, but with their "fast return" it's not as bad as it used to be. If I ship a game out on Monday, they ship a new one out on Thursday, receive the game I sent out on Saturday, and I receive a new game the following Monday.

It's not nearly as bad w/ two games out, but shipping times are still unbelievably slow and almost all new releases have a "low" availability (it took Crackdown 2 months to get out of "Low" availability). I would stay far, far away. I'm canceling at the end of this month.. it's just way too slow for me. They're improving, but they're not quite there yet.

[quote name='sdclippers']Bad shipping times. I would stay away.[/QUOTE]

Their not to bad but sometimes they could take a long time. I love how all of their deals are for, "New members only." Screw all of you people that have been a member with us for a long time and not get in on any of the great deals :roll:. I have been a member for a long time now.

I've never been interested in Gamefly's service. I buy games from them, but never rent. I prefer owning the game and then just trade it to Goozex if I don't want it anymore (which is usually still while it's a 1000 point game and sometimes even with the + 200 point bonus). That way I get around my full money's worth back.

Plus, my friend had Gamefly while we were room mates. He had a list of around 30 games and NOT ONCE in the 3 months he used them, did he get a game in his top 10. It was really pathetic. A lot of the games in his top 10 even said they were in stock. Towards the end, he just removed ALL his backlog and kept his list down to 5. He had to wait for those "in stock" games for like a week before they'd ship. Gamefly is basically a bit too iffy of a service for me to invest in...

I was gonna get in on this but it looks like I'll pass after all the so-so reviews. Anyone have any luck with a different service? Gottaplay.com looks pretty good and they have a distribution center in my state.

This seems to be the same deal you get when you do a referral and get 2 months for $15.95. I recommend at least trying the 2 month deal. I played a bunch of games I've been meaning to play, and saved more money if I had bought and resold them. Plus, that $5 off used games coupon for new members really came in handy for the current sale. Also, when you get referrals you can get a free month of gamefly, $20 paypal, or a $20 amazon gift card, so my 2 months of GF was free.

[quote name='Gertle627']OK, what am I missing? I purchased it, but where do I input my info for gf?[/QUOTE]

This is from the email they sent me yesterday after I purchased it

Hi Robert,

Thank you for purchasing this great deal from GameFly.

Not enough people have purchased this offer yet, and we need your help to make the deal go live! Click the link below and share this great offer with your friends.

$20 for Two Months of Video Game Rentals at GameFly.com

Once enough people have purchased the offer, everyone will get the deal, and we'll charge your credit card within 24 hours of the offer ending (Thursday, November 18 2010). When we do, you will receive another email notifying you that your voucher is ready, and you can simply click on the provided link, go to the "My Account" section of our website, and then click on the voucher number to print it. Don't worry...if we don't get enough people, your credit card won't be charged.

[quote name='darkshadow88']Does anyone know how long you have to redeem the 2 months? I'm interested, but I don't really have time for any games for the next month or so.[/QUOTE]

The expiration on the site said May 18th I believe.

[quote name='GUNNM']Wait so we might not even get this deal if not enough people buy it? wtf[/QUOTE]

Ya, I didn't realize that until I bought it. Kind of lame and it seems like a whole lot of people aren't buying it.

I was sold on the "fast Return" system since I see I live about 5 states away from Pittsburgh, however having put returned Quantum Theory in the mailbox next to my closest PO, the game STILL hasn't been put down as returned or shipped, if its not done by tomorrow I'm canceling.

"Fast Return" only works if the envelope gets scanned at some point by the postal service. I almost never get anything returned that way, which obviously sucks, because the turnaround is great when it does get scanned.

[quote name='Velo214']hmmm i just moved maybe i could try my wife's email address and name and our new address and slip under the radar. lol. peace[/QUOTE]
lol i've done this 2 times got you a different credit card number tho

I had GF for 2 months and out of about 15 rentals the fast return feature only took effect three times. I mailed it from the same post office every time, so I have no idea what affects if the envelope will be scanned or not. I cancelled after my two months since there just weren't enough games out to warrant paying another $23. They sent me an offer to continue another month for $12 but still, not worth it IMO. I'll just go down to Blockbuster and get a month of their rentals for the same price. Only reason I signed up with GF was to get Gamecube rentals no one else had, and they only sent me like three anyway; all the rest were too low on the availability scale.

3 out of 15 is probably still better than I have had. I've been a member for a couple of years now, and I've probably had FR kick in like 5 times. I have absolutely no idea what is suppose to happen for the envelope to actually be scanned. But as I said earlier, the turnaround times haven't been that bad, considering I am one state over, so I stick with them, because I still save a lot of money in the long run.

In my experience FR is a very big hit or miss. Maybe 1 every 4-5 times I might've gotten lucky. But even otherwise GF turnaround times arent too shabby.

I think there are 4-5 shipping centers now instead of just 1 or 2. I live in Georgia and most of my games started shipping from either TX or FL a couple of years ago - so I get them in two days (3 at the most) - even new releases (had COD Black Ops at home on Wednesday of last week). When I first joined all of my stuff was coming from California and it would take a full week. I have no complaints about the service personally.

I live an hour away from Pittsburgh and the shipping is still horrible. I gave them a second go a few months ago but just couldn't take it.

bread's done
Back