Start the Party
Sports Champion
Kung Fu Rider
Brunswick Pro Bowling
The Fight: Lights Out
Eyepet
Singstar (non bundle)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here is a pic for you guys. Can confirm it works (edit: duh!), one game comes up $24.99, the other $25.00. I tried throwing Time Crisis into the mix w/ The Shoot and didn't work. Got the two I wanted! :D Want The Fight, but realized I would have to drop another $50 for a second Move controller (but I just might do that anyways)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[quote name='token2k6']Ok, here is a pic for you guys. Can confirm it works (edit: duh!), one game comes up $24.99, the other $25.00. I tried throwing Time Crisis into the mix w/ The Shoot and didn't work. Got the two I wanted! :D Want The Fight, but realized I would have to drop another $50 for a second Move controller (but I just might do that anyways)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

Well hot damn. The Shoot and Singstar for me. Thanks!

This sale was good at my local GS (Tanasbourne in Hillsboro, OR).

As others have said, there was a large sign right when I walked in which showed the sale. And the store employees had no idea about the sale.

Time Crisis, John Daly Golf, and Get Fit were not eligible. So I picked up The Fight, The Shoot, TV Superstars, and Start the Party. Hopefully at least a couple of them will be fun.

For any of you with Fred Meyer in your area: they have a $10 off $50 (or $20 off $100) coupon good Friday and Saturday only. They also have a coupon in this week's newspaper ad for 15% off video game accessories. The two are stackable. I'm probably dreaming, but hoping I might be able to pick up a 2nd move controller and navigation controller tomorrow morning.

Happy New Year

picked up 4 of those games. Plus got Time Crisis. And I got Kund Fu Rider, John Day, and Burnout PAradise USED for the B2G1 Free promo.

But I CANNOT find an extra move controller ANYWHERE. Went to 3 gamestops, 2 walmarts, 2 targets, 2 radio shacks, a sears essentials, a Kmart, & 2 best buys. This sucks

The Fight is a great game, very underrated and a workout to boot for Jan. 1, guaranteed sweat. Might need to check mine locally for TV superstars, Time Crisis and the shoot, loved the demo. Finding MOVE controllers is a pain. No stores have them at all, not even online at GS can you find them. I thought about trying to use discounts and such on the bundle then trade in the camera and sports champions to break even or lower the price, but I'm sure the trade in is horrible. Can only find bundles everywhere.

For those looking for a Move controller, I got EXTREMELY lucky because Bestbuy.com sold one to me yesterday. It may still be available if you want to check it out.

Also, I'm positive that only the Sony Move 1st-party titles are available for the sale. And try getting the titles at Gamestop anyway even if the employees have no idea what you're talking about. The sale pops up automatically. It shouldn't be YMMV!

B oo m ! Gonna check to see if this is happening at my local LameStops and burn this $25 credit I've been holding on to in order to scoop up the Fight and SingStar Dance. From what I'm gathering I will NEED a second Move controller for The Fight, correct? And also, I'm assuming I can use my Guitar Hero WT USB mic with SingStar? Hope this deal is poppin'. Would make for a funnnn New year's, amirite?

ah yes, my GS knew nothing about it, but I asked him to go ahead and ring me up for The Fight and The Shoot...popped up as $50 for both. I then tried to do Sly Collection with The Shoot, but Sly Collection doesn't work. selling The Shoot to a buddy for $35 and keeping The Fight for $15 (thats not tooo bad)

went by mine today and they knew nothing about it, but I'm a regular so they scanned two for me and sure enough it worked for TV superstars and the Shoot. I tried Aragon and Time Crisis but didn't work. They laughed about how they know nothing about sales, also they have all Guides 50% off. Thnx for the heads up, saved $30.

Been wanting the Shoot and the Amazon reviews on the Fight have been great compared to the big reviewers. Store knew nothing about the sale but of coarse rang up no problem. Thanks OP for this deal, needed a couple more games for the Move.

How is Singstar compared to Just Dance 2? My mother saw Just Dance 2 (and we don't own a Wii) and wants something similar to it and the only thing I could think of was Singstar Dance but the reviews aren't great (but I own The Fight and agree that the reviewers are wrong) so I am looking for some other opinions on it.

Are mics needed ti do the dancing part? If so do they need to be Singstar mics or can it be any USB Mic (I own a wired Rock Band one), a bluetooth one, and of course the one built in to the PS Eye.

Any and all opinions are welcome.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How is Singstar compared to Just Dance 2? My mother saw Just Dance 2 (and we don't own a Wii) and wants something similar to it and the only thing I could think of was Singstar Dance but the reviews aren't great (but I own The Fight and agree that the reviewers are wrong) so I am looking for some other opinions on it.

Are mics needed ti do the dancing part? If so do they need to be Singstar mics or can it be any USB Mic (I own a wired Rock Band one), a bluetooth one, and of course the one built in to the PS Eye.

Any and all opinions are welcome.[/QUOTE]

i hosted a new years eve party and singstar is so much fun!
it is a little more challenging than just dance but the moves are fun to do and it great becasue it records you as you dance so u can watch yourself afterwards and make fun of each other.

[quote name='josh62488']i hosted a new years eve party and singstar is so much fun!
it is a little more challenging than just dance but the moves are fun to do and it great becasue it records you as you dance so u can watch yourself afterwards and make fun of each other.[/QUOTE]

I watched a youtube review and the guy was saying it's not as accurate as Just Dance and it's more difficult because it doesn't show you the moves before hard, but overall compared to Just Dance is it on par, better, or worse?

It would be cool if they had a 2 for $50.00 sale whick included Kinect games also. I would live to pick up both the fighting themed games.

the sign was up in my gamestop store as of yesterday.

I'm in a bind too with the controller shortage. It seems like nobody has these in stock right now. I want to get The Fight bad, but everywhere under the sun has the Move Bundles but no extra controllers. Kind of annoying because the fight requires the two controllers and a couple of the Sports for the pack-in game pretty much are lame without two controllers- plus multiplayer is pretty much why you buy these types of games to begin with!

C'mon Sony, lets get cranking these out!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I watched a youtube review and the guy was saying it's not as accurate as Just Dance and it's more difficult because it doesn't show you the moves before hard, but overall compared to Just Dance is it on par, better, or worse?[/QUOTE]

It's no where comparable to Just Dance. The only reason I want it is for the singing portion (since I have all the other singstars). If you're looking at it specifically for dancing, I would look elsewhere.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I watched a youtube review and the guy was saying it's not as accurate as Just Dance and it's more difficult because it doesn't show you the moves before hard, but overall compared to Just Dance is it on par, better, or worse?[/QUOTE]

I find the song list to be more enjoyable than Just Dance. Also Just dance is not very accurate anyways so I doubt you'd tell a difference (Just Dance 2 is much better at sensing things though). The biggest thing is what you said though, you don't see the moves before doing them.

Do note, the game still is quite fun. But it really is just a party game, if you want something a bit more serious you may want to look into dance central.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It's no where comparable to Just Dance. The only reason I want it is for the singing portion (since I have all the other singstars). If you're looking at it specifically for dancing, I would look elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I would look elsewhere if there was anywhere else to look. I only own a 360 (no Kinect and no desire to own one as of now) and a PS3 (with Move). Besides the Michael Jackson game that comes out in a few months there is nothing else Move related that I know of that is a dancing game.

I saw the sign outside of a store for this deal and really wanted another excuse to purchase The Fight : Lights Out and another random game. I asked the clerk behind the counter who said he never head of the deal and they weren't doing it. I went downstairs to the second game stop (2 in 1 mall) to see if someone else knew of their own deal. The manager who was a female said I "must have read the poster wrong" which kinda infuriated me. I told her to humor me and ring them up anyway. Yea, GS employees are dumb.

The Fight is fantastic, but be VERY prepared to sweat your butt off and have some seriously sore arms the first 3 days.

I would guess that we actually played the game. What I wanted from the game before playing it, and what it delivered, is almost identical. The people that seemed to not like it (brother, one friend), they never followed the directions the game specifically lays out for you before you even throw a punch (ex: keeping your feet planted)

The detection of your arms translated to the screen is quite good. Once you get a feel for spacing and the types of punches you would throw from that given distance, its kinda what you wanted from the Wii when you got one, but before you found out it kinda stunk.

The biggest downfall of the game is really the inability to play the game for long sessions without having to pay the physical toll. I remember the first morning after playing the game and wondering why, for 10 minutes, my friggin arm hurt so bad.....then it came to me.

A little hint when I play The Fight: I move about 4 inches forward after the calibration. Everytime I do that, I always hit the opponent and I don't throw air punches in the screen. The Fight is awesome. The only thing I haven't got used to is the speed bag.

I've wasted so much energy trying to level with the speed bag. Then i discovered sparring endurance. 5 minutes usually equates to about 45 level points. I usually start the session with an endurance training, then roll the next 3 opponents or so. By then I contemplate hitting the showers. It's hard to start another session after that.

And no I'm not fat

[quote name='mtxbass1']How is there so much praise for The Fight by people on here, but nearly every reviewer says it's absolute garbage?[/QUOTE]

A lot of these reviewers are pretty bad at games and think they should be able to do what they want because "they are professionals" Theres a lot of games that havent gotten good reviews yet people thought were fun and did amazing in sales, and quite a few that got good reviews yet people found boring and sold pretty terribly.

http://www.amazon.com/Fight-Lights-...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Also check the user reviews. Amazon agrees the game is pretty fun.

I don't think that the move controller shortage is quite as bad as it seems. I saw them available to order from walmart.com this afternoon. Picked up the fight at GS so I needed one asap. I only ended up having to drive a half hour to the walmart in southington, CT. They had about 5 and online did show a couple other stores with limited stock, tho most were OOS. Hang in there if you are looking. Paying retail is bad enough, more than that is a sin.

Wish they actually have something good that is made from the ground up for the Move. There is nothing at all that get me excited.

[quote name='SakBee']A little hint when I play The Fight: I move about 4 inches forward after the calibration. Everytime I do that, I always hit the opponent and I don't throw air punches in the screen. The Fight is awesome. The only thing I haven't got used to is the speed bag.[/QUOTE]

Speed bag is the easiest for me now. The secret to get the full 50 upgrade points in about three minutes is to go *very* slowly at the beginning, meaning hit the bag, wait for it to almost stop, hit it again, wait for it to almost stop, etc. Doing this will slowly build up your combo meter. Go just as fast as you can without missing -- don't try and go all Rocky Balboa on it. Once your combo meter gets to 9, just go crazy. You'll be at 15000 before you know it.

The Fight is what I always wanted out of motion gaming ever since the Wii was announced. So happy it finally got here.

I picked up The Shoot and The Fight: Lights Out today. Employee was as clueless as expected, but the deal does still seem to be ongoing.

If The Fight sucks I'm going to come back here and let all of you hear about it. But I'm not counting on that :p

I was thinking about picking up Time Crisis at some point when it goes on sale too. Unfortunately there aren't many other Move-required games that suit my interests. I'm looking forward to PlayStation Move Heroes and Sorcery whenever that's officially dated, but otherwise the future pickings seem slim. Sony needs to build some other new first party series for the system, sort of like how Resistance and Motorstorm were created at the debut of the PS3. I'm not crazy about the idea of making some old series require Move, but more Move-required spin-offs like Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves would also be welcome in my opinion.

LBP2 is coming out soon, as well as KZ3 so put them on your radar.

Time Crisis is great if you like the old ones. Its nice that you get 3 games in 1 (TC4 and Pirates included)

move controllers were in stock last night on sonystyle.com

just redeemed my $200 gc for opening the cap 1 sony card, bought 2 move bundles and got the shoot and the fight for free :)

[quote name='Chris249942']A lot of these reviewers are pretty bad at games and think they should be able to do what they want because "they are professionals" Theres a lot of games that havent gotten good reviews yet people thought were fun and did amazing in sales, and quite a few that got good reviews yet people found boring and sold pretty terribly.

http://www.amazon.com/Fight-Lights-...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Also check the user reviews. Amazon agrees the game is pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

Funny, it is this same logic that got me to buy Splatterhouse when it was on special at Amazon. "Professional" reviews are all middle to low, but user reviews were consistently 80 and above.

Picked up a "Gamestop New" copy of The Fight and a sealed copy of The Shoot. Not bad for $50, now i have a good size collection of Move Games.

I just both the fight and the shoot this past weekend and I have to say that the Fight is a hell of a game. I don't know what the hell these reviewers are talking about because the game is a lot of fun and is a heck of a workout. Over the last couple of months I've really stop paying attention to reviews and decided to just rent or gamefly games instead to make my own opinion. The fight along with Splatterhouse and GT5 has really made me see that the media (i.e., reviewers) are just people with varying opinions which we give way way to much credit to because they are on print.

[quote name='Draknight']I just both the fight and the shoot this past weekend and I have to say that the Fight is a hell of a game. I don't know what the hell these reviewers are talking about because the game is a lot of fun and is a heck of a workout. Over the last couple of months I've really stop paying attention to reviews and decided to just rent or gamefly games instead to make my own opinion. The fight along with Splatterhouse and GT5 has really made me see that the media (i.e., reviewers) are just people with varying opinions which we give way way to much credit to because they are on print.[/QUOTE]

Splatterhouse was AWESOME! I completely agree!

Also FYI for the ppl looking forward to LBP2, not to rain on your parade but LBP2 does not allow the use of Move. The game has the ability to support it but will not use it, at least not at launch. It comes bundled with the PSN LBP Move game that does support Move though. Its still a great game though.

Picked up The Fight & The shoot as well. Also, thank you for the heads up regarding sonystyle.com for the move controller. They have them in stock now and just put an order in.

bread's done
Back