Buy 2 Seasons Of LOST [Blu-Ray] save $20, Buy 3 Save $30, Buy 4 Save $40

[quote name='Trent77']I pre-ordered seasons 1 and 2 and it gave me an automatic $30 discount. I'm not complaining!
pixel.gif

[/quote]

Usually to buy this tosh i'd need more then 10%, but its all about keeping her happy...

[quote name='fronk777']How are you getting $30 off? Is there some trick?[/QUOTE]
It seems to be completely random, some people are even able to apply the $20 promo on top of that.

Glad I never bought S4 waiting for a good deal.. had been waiting for an equivalent to the $39.99 S3 Gold Box deal, so this is great. Thanks, OP!

Anyone know if the Amazon S4s still come in the cardboard slipcover? My local BB hasn't had them in covers in a while...

Wow, talk about inconsistent prices.

I've seen S4 with a slipcase in stores. Never saw S3 with the slipcase though, but apparently some people found copies with it. Kinda shitty that they didn't put S3 out with one by default but S4 (and I assume S1 and S2) will have one. One more reason I'm just going to wait for a set. The DVD has a nice matching theme between them all, looks 100x better than the Blu-Ray. S3 has this sort of tacky shiny look to it, like a gold Elvis sportscoat.

My S3 from Amazon has a very nice slipcase.. so I hope my S4 matches it. :) I think only the first batch of discs had the cover, though.

yea the $30 seems random

i got it when i ordered, just tried to do it again to see if somehow the $20 code would stack and it only gave me $20 off before i even put the code in

Picked up S1 and S4 for 79. Not a bad deal since I was waiting for a deal on S4 and gives me the opportunity to upgrade my S1

Lost Season 2 just dropped to 34.99 for anyone that's interested. Hopefully S1 will drop too. $50 for both season is a freaking deal. More so for those of you that got the promo to work twice.

[quote name='shadowrage']Lost Season 2 just dropped to 34.99 for anyone that's interested. Hopefully S1 will drop too. $50 for both season is a freaking deal. More so for those of you that got the promo to work twice.[/quote]
$50 for both seasons?

Mines coming to $63.98 after the discount!?!?!?

We still get the pre-order price guarantee, right?

(interesting, both S1 and S2 show $48.99 for me now on their item pages, my order shows S2 at $34.99 and S1 at $48.99.. why was I thinking these were like $39.99 when I ordered?)

added s1 and s2 in my cart and saw that the $20 coupon is already applied. $77 for both... any trick to make it stack with another $20 off?

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']added s1 and s2 in my cart and saw that the $20 coupon is already applied. $77 for both... any trick to make it stack with another $20 off?[/quote]

Nope. It is rare and pretty random. I tried about 30 different ways to get it to work.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Seems like the S2 drop was only temporary.[/QUOTE]

Still, it should have stuck for people who had already ordered. Isn't that the point of the price guarantee? Should I be e-mailing them about this?

It probably will stick...my account shows the $34.99 price and I've had stuff in the past that when it ships they tell me how much money I saved due to price guarantee (even if it was never reflected in my account until it did ship)

That said, you could always email them to have a record of it going to $34.99 in case anything went wrong.

EDIT: I take it back, my order ISN'T showing the $34.99 price anymore and it absolutely was yesterday (went to $48.99, my email confirmation shows I ordered when S2 was $52.49) so I'll email them and see what's up. Wish I had a screenshot of yesterday's pricing.. :/

[quote name='Justin42']
EDIT: I take it back, my order ISN'T showing the $34.99 price anymore and it absolutely was yesterday (went to $48.99, my email confirmation shows I ordered when S2 was $52.49) so I'll email them and see what's up. Wish I had a screenshot of yesterday's pricing.. :/[/quote]

Wow. My order says 48.99 now too. I ordered it for the first time when it hit 34.99, theres no price changing that should be in effect.....so my order email says 34.99.

Just fired off an email to support

Here is the relevant part of their response to me.. at least I have it in writing:

I am sorry to know that the prices are listed as $48.99. I can also see that the prices were changed from $34.99 to $48.99.

However there is no need to concern.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

Hence you will be charged the lowest amount of the item price. Since the item release date is on June there may be a chance the price may decrease.

OK, I had the issue of the $34.99 price going back up to $48.99. I emailed them, and they corrected it. Now, it's back up to $48.99 again! What the hell amazon!

Unless you're hoping for a glitch like some are reporting (tweaking BOTH season's prices) if you email them and get a confirmation that the $34.99 price should be applied, just hold on to that email and see what they charge you when they ship.

It seems like something really screwy is going on with their prices... or the account view is buggy and is "sticking" with the most recent price after a set amount of time.. either way it seems pointless to keep bugging them about it since it's obviously messed up, just wait til June to complain if they charge the wrong price.

Good deal, but I may go for some marketplace sellers since a lot of their prices are at least $5 lower than Amazon's price after the discount.

man if I was not waiting for a lost complete set on blu I woudl jump on this..... I just hope they have a special box set when it is all over with.

Alright, just went through an ordeal with amazon's customer service, but it was worth it in the end. Like I posted earlier, I was able to get the price on the 2nd season of lost adjusted back to the $34.99 point by emailing CS, but when I checked the next day it was back up to $48.99. So I emailed them again about it and got the reply that it was a mistake and they won't be adjusting my price again. WHAT!? You can't tell me you're going to adjust the price and then take it back amazon! So I called them today, and the person on the phone was very nice and adjusted BOTH the 1st and 2nd seasons down to $34.99. So my suggestion, if you have any trouble with it, is to just call them directly. The emails probably won't work.

For a limited time only, buy more Lost on Blu-ray and save more when you enter promotional code: LOSTBLUS. Offer ends July 16, 2009.

• Buy any two seasons of Lost on Blu-ray and save $20 off your total purchase at checkout.
  • Buy any three seasons of Lost on Blu-ray and save $30 off your total purchase at checkout.
  • Buy all four seasons of Lost on Blu-ray and save $40 off your total purchase at checkout.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_20890_12137250_fe_txt_1/?ie=UTF8&docId=1000350041

hmmm... is worth it? hmm.... if I got all 4 seasons the damage would be $160.46 (after the promo offer)

They did this deal a while back. Probably not worth it though for Blu-Ray snobs like myself. The sets have slightly different packaging. Season 3 is hard to find a slipcase for, maybe not in stores but certainly through a blind online buy.

There will undoubtedly be a nice full set close to 2011. They did it with Alias, they certainly will for Lost. It'll probably cost a shitload, so maybe this deal is good for those who want the sets but don't care about product aesthetics.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Season 3 is hard to find a slipcase for, maybe not in stores but certainly through a blind online buy.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the outside box thingy with the velcro closure? I got season 4 with just a regular case so I want season 3 to be the same and I don't need the outside box from it.

I've been sitting with this in my cart for awhile. I have all four seasons on dvd currently but I have a friend who wants them. I just got a PS3 so I'm ready to have some blu rays and I'm a huge Lost nut. My problem is that the big box set will be amazing.

My main issue with holding till the box set is that after watching last season in HD on ABC and then getting them on DVD; the quality was noticeable by a lot. It was disappointing to rewatch and for it to not be in HD.

Blu Rays are worth it.

I bought Season 1-3 DVDs
I bought Season 3-4 Blu-Rays

I don't think I'm going to buy Season 1 and 2 Blu-Rays, I'll probably just get the whole set. Or maybe if I wait a couple years I can get the season 1 and 2 Blu-Rays for cheap. I once blind-bought Prison Break Season 1 on Blu because it was online for like $28. The cheapest I could find it in stores was $79. So I'm hoping I run across the same thing at some point.

While there will probably be a complete series set, I wouldn't really think it'd be much more than just a collaborative box with all previous releases, since these sets as they are extremely well done and some of the best Blu-ray (and DVD) releases to date. I'll probably get in on this because, well, it's Lost, and two seasons that are 78 each is a pretty amazing deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back