Buy 2 Select Blu-Rays for $20 & get a free $15 Gift Card @ BestBuy.com

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat216800050024

The 4 titles that work for both sales are Serenity, Flash Gordon, Wanted, and Darkman.

Choose in-store pickup for even more savings.

YMMV if you want to pricematch @ B&M for $5 for both. ;)

Mod's note:
This is an intersection of two deals:
Buy 2 titles on a selected list and get a $15 GC for the purchase
Buy 2 titles on a selected list and get both of them for $20 total

The prices won't appear to be right until you add them to your cart, and don't forget to add the gift card at the bottom of the page, which will only be shipped out and not picked-up in-store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, "sold out online" on Flash Gordon and Wanted, which are the two that I would have picked up (already have Serenity, don't care about Darkman, so didn't check those). Some local stores are still listing as having these in-stock, but it's no longer allowing ordering for pick-up.

I just found out the other day that Flash Gordon had come out on blu-ray and wanted to get it, but I guess not this time. Oh well. It may be a good thing -- chances are it wouldn't live up to my childhood memories of it (I would have been 7 when I saw it in the theater) anyway.

Ordered up Flash Gordon and Serenity (to replace my DVD) yesterday and picked them up in store. Was waiting to see if the gift card shipped before opening the movies though...and it just did.

Great deal.

Wanted is backordered and didn't want to pay for shipping, so I asked about getting the deal pricematched in store. Unfortunately, I was only allowed to get one promo or the other. Oh well!

My store was actualy advertising the 2 for $20 and the $15 gift card code. I decided to give it a shot in-store but only the gift card portion would work. Employee called over a manager and after explaining that these movies were advertised for both promo's for a lengthy period of time he was still confused, he eventually caught on but wouldn't allow both to go through...I just ended leaving out of frustration.

Worked fine for me in store yesterday. Both had signage up and the 4 movies were on both. The computer only tried to give the 15 dollar card, showed a supervisor that it was on both lists and the gladly changed the price on them to 10 each and then I used the gift card for The Hangover.. Ended up with Wanted, Darkman, and The Hangover for 20 bucks

I can confirm that this worked at the San Bernardino, CA Best Buy. I got Flash Gordon and Wanted.

When I was at the register, it only wanted to give me the card as well, like the above poster, but after I showed them it was 2 for $20, he went ahead and changed it. To be honest, I was going to be happy with that price, so that gift card just made the deal rediculous.

I thought about going back inside to buy Kick Ass while I walked to my car, but I decided to wait. (Plus, BB will probably have the best price for Dexter S4 when it comes out, and I really, really want that.)

BTW: I totally forgot just how awesome Flash Gordon was until watching it again today.

For those who got an employee to override and get both promos, you are lucky to have that type of good customer service. My local store would not override the transaction and apply both promos.

Again, thanks to the OP. This was a pretty good deal. My gift card shows that it has been shipped.

Can't wait to watch Flash Gordon. I hope that it is an awesome as I remember. It has been 10+ years since I have seen it.

I ordered Serenity and Flash Gordon but after first getting a 'Ready for pickup' email, it was soon followed by an email saying Flash Gordon was not in stock at the store. Called BB's 1-800 number to have them ship it but it looks like it's on backorder.

When I went to the store to pick up my Serenity, lo and behold, Flash Gordon was sitting on the shelves. Got them to give it to me for $10 but it looks I'll let the order for Flash Gordon ship regardless. Don't want to screw up anything for my $15 giftcard and I could always return one of the copies later.

Between this and the $10 Sony BDs at Target, I've spent $40 to get four Blus I'm delighted to own (Darkman, Serenity, Kung Fu Hustle and Bram Stoker's Dracula) and $35 in cash equivalents ($15 BB GC and $20 in movie theater concessions). My kind of CAGgery.

The store I went to wouldn't give it to me and then I watched them take down the 2 for $20 sign as I was leaving.

[quote name='iluvmywife']For those who got an employee to override and get both promos, you are lucky to have that type of good customer service. My local store would not override the transaction and apply both promos.

Again, thanks to the OP. This was a pretty good deal. My gift card shows that it has been shipped.

Can't wait to watch Flash Gordon. I hope that it is an awesome as I remember. It has been 10+ years since I have seen it.[/QUOTE]

tempting, but theres nothing im really that interested in. Plus, if the $15 gift card deal is dead, that makes it less attractive

Made them honor it in store, since they had both signs up. No problem for me got Serentity & Wanted, plus used $15 GC toward Kick Ass on blu. 3 movies for around $30

got my gift card yesterday and used it today on GTA libery city stories PS3. Since I used $10 RZ cert on the Blu's I only had to come out of pocket about $17 for Wanted, Serenity, and GTA all new. Thanks OP. Good Deal

Got my GC today!

Watched Flash Gordon a couple of day ago and was really surprised that it was as awesome as I remembered. I am almost 38 years old and it had been awhile since I saw this movie. I loved it way back in the 80s. I think the music really made the difference. I am not a Queen fan but their music is pretty good and really goes well with the movie.

Now, what to do with the gift card?

My 1st order was on 8/2 and picked it up after work that day. Got the 1st GC on the 3rd. Ordered my second GC on the night of 8/2 and picked it up on 8/3 after work.

I'm waiting on my 2nd GC, anyone else waited this long for their 2nd?

[quote name='nixmahn']My 1st order was on 8/2 and picked it up after work that day. Got the 1st GC on the 3rd. Ordered my second GC on the night of 8/2 and picked it up on 8/3 after work.

I'm waiting on my 2nd GC, anyone else waited this long for their 2nd?[/QUOTE]

ordered both the same night and still waiting on card 2 fyi

[quote name='exRounder']ordered both the same night and still waiting on card 2 fyi[/QUOTE]

got my 2 GC's

Anyone know how often BB run these promos?

[quote name='nixmahn']Anyone know how often BB run these promos?[/QUOTE]

In both promos, all of the Blu-rays for sale were from Universal Studios. So I don't know where the impetus for such sales comes from -- the studio or the retailer. And in my experience, when two deals interlock like this, it's seem like it's typically a question of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing, as opposed to "wouldn't it be great if we let people get two Blu-Rays for $5?!".

[quote name='nixmahn']got my 2 GC's

Anyone know how often BB run these promos?[/QUOTE]

thanks for updating

how long did it take between the two cards?

[quote name='exRounder']thanks for updating

how long did it take between the two cards?[/QUOTE]

gc 1, ordered 8/1 received 8/12
gc 2, ordered 8/2 received 8/3

there was problem with the 1st order though. the shipping address was not correct and I called them immediately after I placed the order to correct it.

receipt along with giftcard will have order number with it.

This was an awesome deal, used up 1250 points and traded in Darkman and Flash Gordon for 6.25 and 7.50 at Amazon too. Traded in bonus points for GC and made a profit.

[quote name='nixmahn']gc 1, ordered 8/1 received 8/12
gc 2, ordered 8/2 received 8/3

there was problem with the 1st order though. the shipping address was not correct and I called them immediately after I placed the order to correct it.

receipt along with giftcard will have order number with it.[/QUOTE]

thank you!

Is there anyone who still hasn't received the gift card?

I got an email on Aug 2nd that it is shipped but i have not received it yet.

[quote name='brownie84']Is there anyone who still hasn't received the gift card?

I got an email on Aug 2nd that it is shipped but i have not received it yet.[/QUOTE]

fyi i finally received mine after a long wait so i imagine it'll come soon

bread's done
Back