Buy 2 select PS3 GH games, get one select PS3 game free - Amazon 18 days, 18 deals

Not bad. Unfortunately, I'm only interested in two of them. The free game would probably never be played.

Oh, and just let me say, I miss the ECA's Amazon discount.

Meh deal, but I'll keep my mind open. I'd really rather have Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Ratcher & Clank: ACiT instead of these old things, but to each his own.

[quote name='earvcunanan']They come in ugly red cases too. =x[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I seriously hate the red cases. It's like my PS3 collection has random chicken pox.

For those on the fence about jumping on the deal or not.. don't. All these games can be found cheaper used elsewhere even with the B2G1. :D

[quote name='earvcunanan']They come in ugly red cases too. =x[/QUOTE]

They're no worse than the ugly ass blue cases for blu-rays, but people are shelling out a lot of money for those.

These games are dinosaurs to have on a special like this. Give us something recent and this Buy 2 Get 1 Deal has value. As-is, however, we can easily pick up all for less with just a little frugality.

[quote name='mis0']Eh.. the selection is kind of disappointing (especially if you own a couple of them already).[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same. Shame 95% or more of PS3 owners already own 1 or more of the games available in the offer (I own most of them).

Still, it's the best 18 Days of Deals offer yet, and that's not saying much! :roll:

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not bad. Unfortunately, I'm only interested in two of them. The free game would probably never be played.

Oh, and just let me say, I miss the ECA's Amazon discount.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the "free game that would never be played" is SOCOM! That's the only game of all of these that I don't own.

[quote name='dino88']They're no worse than the ugly ass blue cases for blu-rays, but people are shelling out a lot of money for those.[/QUOTE]

YES. I'm glad someone else feel's the same way I do. Really ugly. The current PS3 one's are the best, clear and classy.

[quote name='ezytarget']So far these 18 days of deals have been a complete bust compared to last year.[/QUOTE]

I agree, though Amazon may amaze us yet. Probably when they do, I'll miss out on it though.

[quote name='ezytarget']So far these 18 days of deals have been a complete bust compared to last year.[/QUOTE]

But have you seen the other side of the gold box?

From 99$ Ultimate Ears to today's LOST package, I don't recall it was this good last year!

Even for a new PS3 owner it's hard to recommend three of these games (I'd probably pick Uncharted, Ratchet, and Resistance) and for anyone who's had a PS3 for a while there's nothing. And this is actually one of the better deals I've seen among these 18 days of deals sales.

I hope Amazon's got a couple of aces up their sleeves for the back 9.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']Oh, and for those of you who have the $20 Amazon PSN Store credit, Trine is finally up. :D:D:D[/QUOTE]

Nice! 20$ is a bit too much for me though, crossing my fingers for a price drop in the not too distant future. Already got so many games to play so I can wait.

[quote name='vx2']But have you seen the other side of the gold box?

From 99$ Ultimate Ears to today's LOST package, I don't recall it was this good last year![/QUOTE]

Lost I will agree with you on. In my opinion, it's the best offer of the season ($100 GC on an Xbox360 Arcade purchase and $50 GC with a Nintendo Wii purchase at Walmart close behind).

If you've heard about the show, but never watched it, it's an easy "blind" buy. You'll gear yourself up for the Final Season (and I have no doubt once you start watching it, you won't be able to put it down).

[quote name='hpv']Even for a new PS3 owner it's hard to recommend three of these games (I'd probably pick Uncharted, Ratchet, and Resistance) and for anyone who's had a PS3 for a while there's nothing. And this is actually one of the better deals I've seen among these 18 days of deals sales.

I hope Amazon's got a couple of aces up their sleeves for the back 9.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with you. The three titles you mentioned are among the top 10-15 titles to this day on the PS3. I can remember when I first bought my system (July 2007). There was absolutely NOTHING worth playing on the PS3. Yes Ninja Gaiden Sigma (was the highest rated game at the time) was out, as was a few other titles. However, Resistance Fall of Man was the must buy game (came out at launch), then Ratchet and Uncharted shortly after. Until the last 6-8 months, I still felt that Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was the best PS3 title I had played.

It's still one of the top 10-15 titles on the PS3, though the sequel is far and away the best PS3 game I have ever played.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']Meh deal, but I'll keep my mind open. I'd really rather have Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Ratcher & Clank: ACiT instead of these old things, but to each his own.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Would you also rather have a deal on Modern Warfare 2 instead of the first one? What a shock!

[quote name='mis0']Yeah.. I seriously hate the red cases. It's like my PS3 collection has random chicken pox.

For those on the fence about jumping on the deal or not.. don't. All these games can be found cheaper used elsewhere even with the B2G1. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Used games are cheaper than new games? What a shock!

Not a bad deal, although I have seen Resistance at $20....and I picked up Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for $10 yesterday. If you don't mind them being used, that's not bad.

I'll pass this time....maybe if they dropped the price significantly (like any of them for $10 - $15), I would go for it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh really? Would you also rather have a deal on Modern Warfare 2 instead of the first one? What a shock!

Oh really? Used games are cheaper than new games? What a shock![/QUOTE]

Your snide comments contributed nothing to the thread. Shut the fuck up if you have a douche for brains.

Oh really? Yes.

If you're gonna try to be sarcastic, try not to OH REALLY!? LMAO every twit brained comment.

Thanks.

[quote name='mis0']Your snide comments contributed nothing to the thread. Shut the fuck up if you have a douche for brains.

Oh really? Yes.

If you're gonna try to be sarcastic, try not to OH REALLY!? LMAO every twit brained comment.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Your reply to my post contributed nothing to this thread. You're basically saying I should keep on talking to prove that I don't have a douche for brains.

Hey guys, did you know that buying a car used is cheaper than buying it new?

While most PS3 owners will already have a fair number of these games it is a good deal for people who are just getting a PS3 because of the slim and price drop. You can't complain about getting Uncharted, R&C Tools of Destruction, and Resistance for less than the price of one new game.

Not a bad deal if you are new to the PS3. Some great choices there. But for someone like me, who has every game but GT then its of no interest. Oh well...

I guess I will chime in.....I just got a PS3....literally today.

So, I am happy with this offer.

I am still holding out hope to find Uncharted 2 and Little Big Planet at some point for $40 or less.

I do apologize for considerably "reposting" since Cheapy D. did make a thread of this, but it seems he is not updating it daily.

http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b/ref=...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=499880091&pf_rd_i=507846

Today's deal:
Buy Two Select PS3 Games, Get a Third Select PS3 Game Free

All of the following will have the Greatest Hits label on the box art
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune $26.99
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction $27.48
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue $24.99
Resistance: Fall of Man $26.58
Motorstorm $25.68
Warhawk (No Headset) $27.41
SOCOM: US Navy Seals Confrontation Stand Alone $27.99

Bah, I saw the title thinking this would be a good deal but I already have Motorstorm, R&C, and Uncharted. The rest is crap. Oh well, surely there'll be more sales.

I know I want Uncharted and Ratchet, but I don't know what third game to get. I'm leaning towards Resistance or Motorstorm. Which is a better choice?
EDIT: JaroldL, I definitely recommend Ratchet. I've rented it three times and I must say it is a fantastic game. The graphics may not be up to the standards of today, they are not bad. And if you have played any of the previous Ratchet games you will know what to expect in terms of gameplay and writing.

[quote name='Middleman16']I know I want Uncharted and Ratchet, but I don't know what third game to get. I'm leaning towards Resistance or Motorstorm. Which is a better choice?[/QUOTE]
Resistance

[quote name='JaroldL']Yeah, I think this was posted yesterday. Anyone recommend rachet?[/QUOTE]

Tools of Destruction was perhaps the weakest Insomniac contribution to the series to me (its status as the first HD upgrade notwithstanding). But that's not any real knock on its quality; I'm just talking about the difference between great and good. It's still one of the finest games you can find on PS3. It was simply the first game that made me tire slightly of the series' conventions, similar to how I tired of Twilight Princess' perpetuation of Zelda's conventions. (A Crack in Time has thankfully remedied some of my concerns, though at the cost of more exploratory levels.) If you're any fan at all of the Ratchet series, it goes without saying that you should pick this one up.

I already have Uncharted, but I went in with R&C, Motorstorm, & Resistence, plus the Harry Potter BluRay and a $10 gaming credit I ended up paying $60. Not bad at all.

[quote name='rapsodist']Tools of Destruction was perhaps the weakest Insomniac contribution to the series to me (its status as the first HD upgrade notwithstanding). But that's not any real knock on its quality; I'm just talking about the difference between great and good. It's still one of the finest games you can find on PS3. It was simply the first game that made me tire slightly of the series' conventions, similar to how I tired of Twilight Princess' perpetuation of Zelda's conventions. (A Crack in Time has thankfully remedied some of my concerns, though at the cost of more exploratory levels.) If you're any fan at all of the Ratchet series, it goes without saying that you should pick this one up.[/QUOTE]

I think it's less that the conventions were tiring as that they weren't even used as well as in previous games. In previous games there were a lot of places that you'd travel through and not be able to reach and then later, on another planet, you'd have this neat moment where you get a new weapon or gadget and go, "Ah ha! Now I can go back there and get to that area."

Tools of Destruction is a lot more linear, and thus less interesting since that sort of exploration has always been one of the highlights of the series.

Also, replacing the earlier space combat sections (and arenas, omfg I missed those in ToD!!!) with much weaker on-rails segments didn't help.

Still a very, very good game though. But it didn't make me want to jump right in and go through it a second time back-to-back like Going Commando did before it.

this deal would have been great if they would have added ASSASSINS CREED and MIDNIGHT CLUB COMPLETE EDITION, you can these other ones cheaper with the hastings deal which I did RNC TOD and MNC CE.

Am I the only who read "PS3 GH games" and thought it was for Guitar Hero?

Anyway, it sounds like a good deal except I only like two of the games listed (R&C and Uncharted). Hope a better deal comes along.

[quote name='Cage017']Am I the only who read "PS3 GH games" and thought it was for Guitar Hero?[/QUOTE]

Haha, I thought the same thing. This is a decent deal but I spent too much on BF :(

bread's done
Back