Buy 2 Xbox 360 Platinum Hits, Get 1 Free at Amazon

[quote name='csmason1']No man...the COOLEST would be B0G1 FREE! Now that would ROCK! :whee:[/QUOTE]
:lol:

These prices are terrible. You can find many of these games for almost $15 cheaper on some sites.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']:lol:

These prices are terrible. You can find many of these games for almost $15 cheaper on some sites.[/QUOTE]

id like to see where they are new copies.

picked up fable 2, burnout paradise, and viva pinata

Last edited by a moderator:

These prices are terrible. You can find many of these games for almost $15 cheaper on some sites.[/QUOTE]

i agree, but i picked up Burnout Paradise, Bad Company, and Turok for $39.87, which would equal to about $13.33 per title, if not taking tax and shipping in consideration in some sites, therefore i thought this deal is legit.

It comes out to 3 $20 titles for ~$13/each or 3 $30 titles for $20/each. It's not bad for some of the titles. Obviously, some aren't great deals, but they're mostly decent. I decided to pick up 3 of the $20 titles in addition to my first order.

[quote name='Doomtime']I love the new platinum hits boxes. The old ones are terrible.[/QUOTE]

I agree - the old cases looked like Game Crazy used game cases, while the new ones actually look better than the originals in some cases.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

I compulsively grabbed Fable II (PH), Left 4 Dead (GOTY), and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (GOTY), even though the last thing I need right now is more video games.

I thought that the dlc for ME1 was incomplete (only one worked)? Not sure if I should get Re5 since I just bought the CE version and I plan to flip it on goozex. I could just get another CE for that much.

[quote name='scottman']Maybe because some like to get games for less than half the MSRP along with the DLC for free? :whistle2:k Most don't collect these for the cases. I also kind of like the newer PH boxes.[/QUOTE]

Wtf? Why does making the game cheaper or including DLC, mean it needs to have ugly new box art? It's like Microsoft's thinking "oh well, you didn't want to buy it at $60, huh? Well, now you have to buy it in this ugly ass box."

I don't like any kind of Platinum Hits or Greatest Hits or Player's Choice box. They don't fit in well with the rest of my games, and who cares if I have a little OCD. I have like 30 Xbox 360 games that are all white/green cases and I don't want a black PH case sticking out in it like a sore thumb.

[quote name='siderealshift']Thanks for the heads up, OP.

I compulsively grabbed Fable II (PH), Left 4 Dead (GOTY), and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (GOTY), even though the last thing I need right now is more video games.[/QUOTE]

Heh. Exact same ones I'm getting. Thanks OP.

Ugh. Not sure if want...

I, including others, have become addicted to this site. When Wal-Mart had the 20% Bing cash back, I did some serious work (spent ~$750 on new release preorders and a new TV). Now I'm broke. ;_;

Regardless, thanks OP for the find. I'll sleep on it.

Might have jumped on this with more verve if the Gears of War 2 GOTY was in this. That, plus I'm fine with having picked up Halo Wars regular by itself for $20 earlier so that knocks out what might have been a choice for the promo.

Still looking at the sale due to Elder Scrolls IV GOTY or maybe some mix of $20 titles.

Add: Nah, pass. Already have Mass Effect, Viva, etc.

I went ahead and bit on Mass Effect, Bad Company, and Force Unleashed. Average price of 13 bucks per seems like a decent enough deal for me. Thanks op.

Most of these titles have been part of the last couple gamefly no-shipping fee clearances, at about $10-15 each.

True enough, but while I know how great Gamefly's track record is with game disc condition, I'll pay that extra $2-$5 (even at these price difference percentages) per each game as "new."

I have all of them except for Oblivion GOTY. I only have the regular CE. Been waiting for that edition to get cheap. Maybe I'll snag when it finally touches $20.

got to much of a game backlog going inon stuff like this hehe

if soul cailiber and lost planet were in the deal, id get that with MKvsDCU

but for 13$ for the 20$ i can pretty much go to GS and get used games for about the same price :)

[quote name='H22A']Might have jumped on this with more verve if the Gears of War 2 GOTY was in this. That, plus I'm fine with having picked up Halo Wars regular by itself for $20 earlier so that knocks out what might have been a choice for the promo.[/QUOTE]

Gears 2 GOTY is there.

Unless you mean Amazon has made a mistake and they're shipping the regular edition.

I ordered couple of hours back. I just contacted support to get Oblivion GOTY replaced with Gears 2 GOTY.

It is GOTY edition that I can see in the updated order.

Does anyone know the difference between the regular version and the Platinum Hits version of Halo Wars? Does it include additional DLC?

[quote name='Gentlegamer']Most of these titles have been part of the last couple gamefly no-shipping fee clearances, at about $10-15 each.[/QUOTE]

gamefly is a crapshoot. you have a decent chance of getting a game that is badly scratched(even though it was reserfaced multiple times) and chipped edges and wont read, so that you have to send it back. sure sometimes you will get a decent copy, but i may be done buying from gamefly. i will pass on this sale, i am going to be playing mass effect 2 for months i think.

[quote name='dracula']gamefly is a crapshoot. you have a decent chance of getting a game that is badly scratched(even though it was reserfaced multiple times) and chipped edges and wont read, so that you have to send it back. sure sometimes you will get a decent copy, but i may be done buying from gamefly. i will pass on this sale, i am going to be playing mass effect 2 for months i think.[/QUOTE]

I don't get how you could play that game for months. Finished in less than a week and I'm already sick of that game.

[quote name='yruluis']I don't get how you could play that game for months. Finished in less than a week and I'm already sick of that game.[/QUOTE]

Personal taste. I've beaten Mass Effect multiple times, and I will definitely go back to ME2 eventually.

[quote name='Bigandtasty']Gears 2 GOTY is there.

Unless you mean Amazon has made a mistake and they're shipping the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

No, Gears 2 in any form was in fact not there earlier/at time of posting.

I just signed in now specifically to make note of it being included now, just in case it wasn't noted already.

And now I'm considering the deal anew...

[quote name='jollydwarf']Most of these titles have been part of the last couple gamefly no-shipping fee clearances, at about $10-15 each.

True enough, but while I know how great Gamefly's track record is with game disc condition, I'll pay that extra $2-$5 (even at these price difference percentages) per each game as "new."[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly after i read that Gamefly post.

I would rather pay a few dollars more to ensure mint games than to gamble with GF games. For the record, most of the time I have purchased games from GF, they have been in great condition. However, there were a few times when the disks looked they had been used as hockey pucks.

[quote name='sippycupz']If I am new to Gears of War, should I get the first one, or GoW2? Would I be missing much by skipping the first one?[/QUOTE]
I actually enjoy the story of Gears of War. There's not much character development but both campaigns are rather enjoyable. So yes I'd recommend the first one.

[quote name='lonestar']Does anyone know the difference between the regular version and the Platinum Hits version of Halo Wars? Does it include additional DLC?[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. There was a chart in another thread that I read that showed differences between regular and PH versions of games and Halo Wars did not have any DLC with the PH version.

[quote name='Doomtime']I actually enjoy the story of Gears of War. There's not much character development but both campaigns are rather enjoyable. So yes I'd recommend the first one.[/QUOTE]

I agree...start with the first.

With that selection I think it should be "buy 1, get 2 free". A lot of those games can be had on Goozex for 100-200 points ($5-10)

[quote name='whoasaywhat']No it doesn't. There was a chart in another thread that I read that showed differences between regular and PH versions of games and Halo Wars did not have any DLC with the PH version.[/QUOTE]

According to the box it does include DLC. I was digging around Wal-marts and gamestops comparing the two. GS had the $20 regular Halo Wars while the $30 Wal-mart Halo Wars had a blurb about additional maps and game modes. I can't see any other reason why Amazon would have two listings for Halo Wars, one at 20 and one at 30.

[quote name='Halo05']According to the box it does include DLC. I was digging around Wal-marts and gamestops comparing the two. GS had the $20 regular Halo Wars while the $30 Wal-mart Halo Wars had a blurb about additional maps and game modes. I can't see any other reason why Amazon would have two listings for Halo Wars, one at 20 and one at 30.[/QUOTE]

I was just going off of other's info. No descriptions that I have read have mentioned the DLC though. Here is the post that I originally read.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6745499&postcount=22

bread's done
Back