Buy 2 Xbox 360 Platinum Hits, Get 1 Free at Amazon

kayatai

CAGiversary!
Looks like the same deal as last month, I didn't see it posted this time around.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...VPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=righ&tag=cheapassgam08-20

"For a limited time you can take advantage of this 3-for-2 promotion and pick up some of the great titles that have graced the Xbox 360 over the years. When you purchase 2 Platinum Hit titles from the list below, you'll get a 3rd free. Offer limited to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion is valid between March 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM PST and March 27, 2010 11:59 PM PST. Offer good while supplies last.

To qualify for the free Platinum Hits game, add three Xbox 360 games from the list below to your cart, and make your purchase. The Xbox 360 game with the lowest list price will be deducted from your total order. "

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LANTERN OF ASH']These actually ARE platinum hits, right? Like, they don't ship out their regular edition stock before shipping the PH? I'd like to pick up Halo 3 and RE5 if that's the case (I collect those series and need the PH versions)[/QUOTE]

It *should be* but i've gotten the regular edition of a game when ordering PH once.

if anyone wants to split a copy of ME from amazon, PM me. We'll work out a fair price.

In for ME, LSW, and Forza2; $13 and change each was too hard to resist. Just got my 360 a few weeks ago and need to build up a library!

[quote name='LANTERN OF ASH']These actually ARE platinum hits, right? Like, they don't ship out their regular edition stock before shipping the PH? I'd like to pick up Halo 3 and RE5 if that's the case (I collect those series and need the PH versions)[/QUOTE]

Yea, that is my only worry. I'd say for the games where the PH and regular versions are at 2 different price points like Halo Wars or Fable II you more than likely will get the PH version. For some of the other games where the PH versions are identical in price and content to the regular versions you could get either.

A question for anyone who has picked up the HW or Fable II PH versions. How does the DLC work? Are they on a 2nd disc so you could download them on multiple 360s like the Fallout GotY edition or do they come with one time use download codes?

Tempted to jump on Oblivion GOTY, Fable 2 and Ace Combat... Kinda wishing I could find them for cheaper though, going to have to mull this over. TEither way, thanks OP.

[quote name='watcher0']Is Left4Dead GOTY worth picking up or should I just skip to Left4Dead 2?[/QUOTE]
I have both games and I like the first one better. The second one has better gore and the addition of melee weapons is both functional and lots of fun, but the first game has much better level design (I mean much, much better level design), better characters, better balanced enemies (no annoying jockies, you can actually kill a witch with proper planning without one person being taken out), and has a better overall feel of trying to survive a zombie apocalypse rather than the second game which feels more arcadey.

[quote name='confoosious']Any thoughts on ST:STFU?[/QUOTE]
Very fun. Lightsaber combat is good (no blood or limbs like jedi knight though) and the force powers are awesome. The game is pretty short, should only take you a few days to beat. If you're looking for a third game, SW:TFU is a good choice.

[quote name='lilman']I have both games and I like the first one better. The second one has better gore and the addition of melee weapons is both functional and lots of fun, but the first game has much better level design (I mean much, much better level design), better characters, better balanced enemies (no annoying jockies, you can actually kill a witch with proper planning without one person being taken out), and has a better overall feel of trying to survive a zombie apocalypse rather than the second game which feels more arcadey.
[/QUOTE]

I agree that the characters are IMMENSELY better in the first game but otherwise I'd have to disagree completely. Just the ability to have more than one of the same special infected for a versus match in the first game makes the second have much better balanced enemies. The added special infected are also very different from the old ones and definitely create new combinations and reasons for teamwork.

The level design certainly isn't perfect in the second game but the variety of level types and resulting applicability of the different special infected makes each level fun to play. The flow of each level to the next works fairly well too and if you think the zombie apocalypse feel is replaced by something arcade-like you couldn't have played realism mode yet.

Also I'm not sure why you're unable to cap witches in the second game or just avoid them entirely. It's not entirely difficult to do so it might be the way you're doing it.

After playing L4D2 for a couple months it's hard for me to go back and play the first one. L4D2 improves upon nearly every aspect of L4D (other than the characters), IMO. I'd also have to say get it on PC instead of 360 but this sale is for 360 games so that's a moot point.

[quote name='Liquid']Prices are too high. You can get the games up to 60% cheaper used from

www.gohastings.com
www.glyde.com
www.goozex.com
www.gamefly.com

Combined when other promotions from the assorted website (if there are any at the moment) and a larger library of video games.

I'd rather pay $15 for the used game rather than $30 for the new one. It's up to you.[/QUOTE]

:wall:

Bigdaddybruce and confoosious will love your post.

Please show me where you can get the following cheaper:

Halo Wars PH (game + $20 of DLC)
Fable II PH (game + $20 of DLC)
Gears 2 GotY (game +20 of DLC)

for under $60?

Thanks....

[quote name='Liquid']Prices are too high. You can get the games up to 60% cheaper used from

www.gohastings.com
www.glyde.com
www.goozex.com
www.gamefly.com

Combined when other promotions from the assorted website (if there are any at the moment) and a larger library of video games.

I'd rather pay $15 for the used game rather than $30 for the new one. It's up to you.[/QUOTE]

So in your mind, getting brand new GOTY Gears, Fallout 3, and Mass Effect for $18.66 a piece/shipped (and no tax if you are in a lucky state) must be terrible. :roll:

www.gohastings.com
www.glyde.com
www.goozex.com
www.gamefly.com

You do know that Halo Wars and Gears are worthless used because you don't get the DLC codes right?

www.gohastings.com
www.glyde.com
www.goozex.com
www.gamefly.com

Just because you're willing to pay for used doesn't mean the prices are too high. Do you understand the concept of "new = costs more"?

used games are like fat chicks. I avoid playing with them unless there's no alternative. There's nothing worse than fingerprints from some grubby gamer in my game collection. What's the expression? No-scratches-on-my-disc-ness is next to godliness?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']:wall:

Bigdaddybruce and confoosious will love your post.
[/QUOTE]

Hahah is this because a) i'm an ass b) i love amazon or c) i bitch at bitchers too much?

[quote name='confoosious']Just because you're willing to pay for used doesn't mean the prices are too high. Do you understand the concept of "new = costs more"?

used games are like fat chicks. I avoid playing with them unless there's no alternative. There's nothing worse than fingerprints from some grubby gamer in my game collection. What's the expression? No-scratches-on-my-disc-ness is next to godliness?[/QUOTE]

PS3 gamers are lucky. One aspect of the Bluray standards is having a scratch resistant coating on the disc. I've bought many a used game from GS's B2G1 sales and none of them have had scratches so far.

[quote name='PikaPichu']PS3 gamers are lucky. One aspect of the Bluray standards is having a scratch resistant coating on the disc. I've bought many a used game from GS's B2G1 sales and none of them have had scratches so far.[/QUOTE]

Yes, i'm much more inclined to buy PS3 games used because they have less scratches. But I keep all of my discs in immaculate condition as well as the manuals and cases. So some random foreign substance (THIS SHIT BETTER BE GLUE!) on a manual will freak me out / drive me batty.

I might be a little anal / germaphobe.

[quote name='confoosious']Hahah is this because a) i'm an ass b) i love amazon or c) i bitch at bitchers too much?[/QUOTE]

haha, I don't know why you do it, but I'm glad that yourself and others call people out when they make stupid posts here. Like bigdaddybruce said, posts where people come into threads to say "not a deal, you can get this cheaper" aren't helping at all and usually they are wrong.

The worst is definitely the GS/EB TiV thread though. Every 10 posts someone comes in and says "you are an idiot for trading in game X for $5, I would have given you $7 for it" or "you are an idiot, you could have received $2 more by selling it on ebay or trading it into Amazon". I mean, seriously? If you don't understand why people trade in stuff to GS/EB then you just don't get it. I wish they would just ban people that threadcrap and post nonsense in every thread.

Ok, now that I said that, time to order my PH from Amazon. Thanks as always for posting this OP. Also just in case anyone is wondering Halo Wars includes codes to download the DLC and Fable II PH has the DLC on disc, but you cannot install it.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes, i'm much more inclined to buy PS3 games used because they have less scratches. But I keep all of my discs in immaculate condition as well as the manuals and cases. So some random foreign substance (THIS SHIT BETTER BE GLUE!) on a manual will freak me out / drive me batty.

I might be a little anal / germaphobe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm the exact same way. I am definitely anal about that kind of stuff. I guess expecting other people to not put their games in the washing machine with a bunch of rocks is uncommon.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also expect games/cases to be kept away from wherever other people do their "business" or whatever. I've come across far too many cases or games that look like they've had someone throw up on them (or worse) and somehow everyone but me thought this was acceptable condition for a trade-in.

I keep looking at this stupid thread trying to figure out whether to bite on 3 copies of ME.

TIV is $13 so basically I'd get a copy for $14.

Was ME ever on clearance at the local retailers? Target? Sears?

Even after posting the deal I still haven't bitten, deciding if I want Burnout Paradise, Assassin's Creed and ME1 (even though I've played it already on PC..) I have enough Amazon credit that it won't even hit my CC. I have a backlog so I'm not sure I'll even get around to playing them.

[quote name='confoosious']I keep looking at this stupid thread trying to figure out whether to bite on 3 copies of ME.

TIV is $13 so basically I'd get a copy for $14.

Was ME ever on clearance at the local retailers? Target? Sears?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about with the initial release, but for some reason in November, my Target got a TON of ME1 that went straight to clearance. It was originally $20 and the first price was $13.98. It hit 9.98, and there were still like 30 copies remaining. I was hoping it would hit $4.98, but they must have salvaged it out before then.

I've heard this is a common story at a couple Targets

[quote name='Wazootyman']I'm not sure about with the initial release, but for some reason in November, my Target got a TON of ME1 that went straight to clearance. It was originally $20 and the first price was $13.98. It hit 9.98, and there were still like 30 copies remaining. I was hoping it would hit $4.98, but they must have salvaged it out before then.

I've heard this is a common story at a couple Targets[/QUOTE]

thanks. I decided to pull the trigger since target deal was so long ago. It's probably gone back up to retail price.

I figure $14 is not that much more than $10+tax. Plus, no driving around.

I already put in a trade in for the two extra copies of ME but if any good CAGs want it, PM me. Since i'm getting $13 from amazon, please don't offer me $13.

Careful with that Fable 2 PH, tried to get 2 of them from a local Gamestop and they wouldn't play in my 360, claimed it was an unreadable DVD. Ended up getting a refund cause I was tired of driving back and forth :)

[quote name='confoosious']Was ME ever on clearance at the local retailers? Target? Sears?[/QUOTE]

The PH version went on clearance @ Target around here about 6 months ago, went to 13.xx then to 9.xx. I don't recall seeing any hit the 75% mark.

This would be so much easier to decide to do if I hadn't bought GOW2 GotY last week. :(

Right now I'm looking at Halo Wars and Fable II and maybe L4D GotY

was thinking about getting halo wars but passed. is it any good as an rts on xbox? I usually play rts on PC, and with starcraft 2 coming out in a few months, i don't think i'll even touch it.

[quote name='frpilot']was thinking about getting halo wars but passed. is it any good as an rts on xbox? I usually play rts on PC, and with starcraft 2 coming out in a few months, i don't think i'll even touch it.[/QUOTE]

I think halo wars and civilization revolution are the only 2 RTS I've seen for the xbox, but I haven't been on the look out for that genre. ... I hear Brutal Legend had too many RTS elements to suit a lot of people, and the MSRP on that dropped to 20 bucks already.

[quote name='kayatai']I think halo wars and civilization revolution are the only 2 RTS I've seen for the xbox, but I haven't been on the look out for that genre. ... I hear Brutal Legend had too many RTS elements to suit a lot of people, and the MSRP on that dropped to 20 bucks already.[/QUOTE]

don't forget battle for middle earth 2. i dont know if the first one was on the first xbox or not.

am i the only one that gets pissed that Dead Space is NEVER on any B2/G1 Free sale that involves Platinum Hits, even though it's been a Platinum Hit for a while...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']am i the only one that gets pissed that Dead Space is NEVER on any B2/G1 Free sale that involves Platinum Hits, even though it's been a Platinum Hit for a while...[/QUOTE]

Nope, I was going to get Mass Effect, Bioshock and Dead Space.
Since Dead Space wasn't on the list, I got Fable II, Midnight Club:L.A. Complete and Gears of War 2. Hopefully amazon adds it the next time they do this.
I won't hold my breath though.

[quote name='Unrealevil']He's just making a comment (that others might find useful), not crapping on it. I don't remember where, but I know I've also seen some of these games at lower prices in the past.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but could please point the useful part of his post? I'd love for you to do so for me, because I can't find it. He says the price are too high, and that he has found them cheaper elsewhere. What exactly was useful about it? Oh, that's right...nothing. As I clearly stated before, if people are going to make posts such as that, they should...you know...actually tell us where we can get the cheaper. Hell, maybe I should just starting such crap in every thread. "Oh, a 360 Arcade for $150? HA! I've seen it cheaper!" Yep, that's useful.

Not even going to bother arguing with the one who thinks buying used games is the same as buying new ones, especially in the case of games that have DLC vouchers.

[quote name='frpilot']was thinking about getting halo wars but passed. is it any good as an rts on xbox? I usually play rts on PC, and with starcraft 2 coming out in a few months, i don't think i'll even touch it.[/QUOTE]

I'm a big RTS fan, and Halo Wars is easily the best console RTS game I've played, and I've played a lot of them. Unlike most console RTS games, which are just rushed, crappy ports of PC games, where they try to cram all of the controls onto the gamepad, Halo Wars does a smart thing: they dumb down the genre. Not that console gamers are not somehow smart enough to play a RTS game, but the reality is, you can't play a legitimate PC RTS game on a gamepad. So, they simplified everything and made a control scheme fits the gamepad.

how often are there sales like this on the platinum hits? I'm interested in two or three but I already have a backlog of games to play!

[quote name='emozolik']how often are there sales like this on the platinum hits? I'm interested in two or three but I already have a backlog of games to play![/QUOTE]

The same exact deal happened a little more than a month ago, I don't even think the list of games changed (although I didn't pay much attention the first time). I even stole the title from the other thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251481

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Sorry, but could please point the useful part of his post? I'd love for you to do so for me, because I can't find it. He says the price are too high, and that he has found them cheaper elsewhere. What exactly was useful about it? Oh, that's right...nothing. As I clearly stated before, if people are going to make posts such as that, they should...you know...actually tell us where we can get the cheaper. Hell, maybe I should just starting such crap in every thread. "Oh, a 360 Arcade for $150? HA! I've seen it cheaper!" Yep, that's useful.[/QUOTE]
A bunch of those games have been cheaper. I don't remember where specifically, so if you think that's crapping on the deal, you can very well ignore these posts.

[quote name='Unrealevil']A bunch of those games have been cheaper. I don't remember where specifically, so if you think that's crapping on the deal, you can very well ignore these posts.[/QUOTE]

The whole "well, ignore the post" thing is stupid. So, we should all just post random, useless nonsense, clutter the board and threads, and if anyone gets annoyed, just tell them to ignore the posts? Shouldn't have to, because here's an even better idea: people shouldn't post it...once again...unless they can help us find them cheaper. It's crapping on the deal and also not even supplying anyone with useful information.

Halo Wars is the best 360 RTS because of it's 360-suited control scheme. It is very streamlined. I don't like how complicated Starcraft is, if you like SC you should be good at Halo Wars.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The whole "well, ignore the post" thing is stupid. So, we should all just post random, useless nonsense, clutter the board and threads, and if anyone gets annoyed, just tell them to ignore the posts? Shouldn't have to, because here's an even better idea: people shouldn't post it...once again...unless they can help us find them cheaper. It's crapping on the deal and also not even supplying anyone with useful information.[/QUOTE]
People aren't going to stop mentioning that they've seen them cheaper just because you don't like it, so yes, ignore it, or I guess throw a hissy fit every time.

bread's done
Back