Buy 4GB XBOX 360, get any game free

chatgirl4

Banned
Best Buy.com has an unadvertised sale, purchase an XBOX 360 4GB system, get any game priced $59.99 or below free :D

You can choose either ship to home or pick up in store.

I just went to Best Buy (Mundelein, IL) yesterday and talked to a Store Manager about the free game deal on the website which they matched no problem. They gladly took $59.99 off the 320GB HDD and I only paid the difference of $70 bucks for that. Then the transfer cable cost $19.99 and were $280 plus tax. I live in Illinois so it came out to $313 something for the 4GB Xbox 360 system, 320gb hdd, and transfer cable. This deal may vary by the store manager you get and how you sweet talk them saying you don't need any games at the monent and didn't want a MW3 or GoW3 system themed one either.

[quote name='wolverinevseveryone']I just went to Best Buy (Mundelein, IL) yesterday and talked to a Store Manager about the free game deal on the website which they matched no problem. They gladly took $59.99 off the 320GB HDD and I only paid the difference of $70 bucks for that. Then the transfer cable cost $19.99 and were $280 plus tax. I live in Illinois so it came out to $313 something for the 4GB Xbox 360 system, 320gb hdd, and transfer cable. This deal may vary by the store manager you get and how you sweet talk them saying you don't need any games at the monent and didn't want a MW3 or GoW3 system themed one either.[/QUOTE]

That's over double what it cost to put together my 250GB Slim with an official MS hard drive (old $50 grey 250GB drive I bought from Woot.com). Console was a net $100 after selling the Kinect (got a good price over the summer, they've depreciated now though).

The transfer cable is pointless, it will not transfer installed games. It's pretty easy to re-download DLC plus the new LIVE cloud storage takes care of game saves.

[quote name='wolverinevseveryone']I just went to Best Buy (Mundelein, IL) yesterday and talked to a Store Manager about the free game deal on the website which they matched no problem. They gladly took $59.99 off the 320GB HDD and I only paid the difference of $70 bucks for that. Then the transfer cable cost $19.99 and were $280 plus tax. I live in Illinois so it came out to $313 something for the 4GB Xbox 360 system, 320gb hdd, and transfer cable. This deal may vary by the store manager you get and how you sweet talk them saying you don't need any games at the monent and didn't want a MW3 or GoW3 system themed one either.[/QUOTE]

Wow. For 299.99 (probably no sales tax) you could have bought the Gears of War system bundle, which consists of 320GB GOW bad-@ss system, 2 themed controllers and Gears 3 game from newegg. Then for like 23 bucks more you could have added a full year of XBL. You went to a lot of work and trouble to get the shaft, brother.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Wow. For 299.99 (probably no sales tax) you could have bought the Gears of War system bundle, which consists of 320GB GOW bad-@ss system, 2 themed controllers and Gears 3 game from newegg. Then for like 23 bucks more you could have added a full year of XBL. You went to a lot of work and trouble to get the shaft, brother.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing but maybe he doesn't want a themed console?

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I thought the same thing but maybe he doesn't want a themed console?[/QUOTE]

I guess he didn't want a copy of GOW3 and a second controller for less money, either. lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I guess he didn't want a copy of GOW3 and a second controller for less money, either. lol[/QUOTE]
Makes sense. I really like paying more for less myself. Just doing our part to boost the economy lol

It doesn't mean we gotta jump all over the guys case though. He thought it was a good deal, it wasn't but it has no adverse effects on anyone else

Forgot to mention, If you need xbox live gold, Best Buy has the 12 months on sale for $40, you get $20 off for buying a Card with system, making it $20 for full year :)

Looks like it's dead.

I had the 4 GB Xbox and Wipeout 2 (I don't think I've ever seen either Wipeout game on sale) and a 12 month card for $220 in the cart and then I let it sit for an hour and it's full price. Damn.

You my friend are a genius...

bread's done
Back