Buy 5 Disney Blu-ray combo packs and save 70% on a Sony Blu-ray player

[quote name='gkrykewy']Regardless, screw them for penalizing active DMR members who register their purchases right away.[/QUOTE]

How were you getting penalized? Don't you get extra points for registering them early?

[quote name='gkrykewy']Regardless, screw them for penalizing active DMR members who register their purchases right away.[/QUOTE]

This, basically. We've already purchased and redeemed the codes for 6 or 7 of the movies on that 20 movie list over the course of this year. It's ridiculous that we're being punished for not holding onto our codes for this deal. This just means I'll never enter another Disney Movie Rewards code again unless I'm sure it's for a deal I want that they're currently running.

What they should do is maybe make the 5 movie requirement less for those who already redeemed a certain number of movies on the list. Maybe make it 1 or 2 for us instead of 5.

[quote name='skiizim']How were you getting penalized? Don't you get extra points for registering them early?[/QUOTE]

Generally no, as far as I know. And besides, even if you did, a few extra points is nothing compared to a massive ($90 less than Amazon's price) discount on a blu-ray player. As far as I can tell, those points are essentially worthless unless you want a bunch of extra Disney junk cluttering up your house. I finally traded a bunch in for a blu-ray of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe not even because I wanted it all that much, but because it seemed pointless to just be sitting on them.

No they want new sales. I was initially mad as well. This blu ray player is not really a reward for those loyal to disney blu already. Its to get people to buy more disney movies and make the jump.

no penalties. The toy story 1 & 2 were registered for free movie tickets to 3, etc. You got use out of the other codes.

[quote name='Snake2715']No they want new sales. I was initially mad as well. This blu ray player is not really a reward for those loyal to disney blu already. Its to get people to buy more disney movies and make the jump.

no penalties. The toy story 1 & 2 were registered for free movie tickets to 3, etc. You got use out of the other codes.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of what the intent is, they should know that a move like that is going to make those of us who have supported them all along by buying and registering at release feel like we're being shafted. At the very least, as BMXJouster mentioned, it's clear discouragement for us to register the movies right when we buy them.

And ok, you've got a point on the free movie tickets from Toy Story 1 & 2. I don't remember really getting anything extra like that out of the others, though, and I've bought and registered enough of those other movies to have qualified for the offer without those two.

[quote name='micmonmel']ya know that is just aggravating.... disney punishing the good/loyal customers for buying at release... :([/QUOTE]

I know! :whistle2:(

While this would make a great Christmas gift, does it really take 7-8 weeks for it to get shipped to your address? It wouldn't even make it on time for Christmas... Would it?

I was under the impression that Disney still gave out extra points for registering your movies right after release date. I have no idea if they still do this, but I know they did before.

With today's purchase of A Christmas Carol I'm just one shy of redeeming this offer. The friend I was planning on gifting this to recently picked up a BD @ Fry's so now I'm not sure what other friend has an HDTV and needs one :hot:

Did you order this the Monday that just passed? I put my order in the day that it was posted and my order is still pending. ='(

EDIT: How did it get shipped?

[quote name='skiizim']Did you order this the Monday that just passed? I put my order in the day that it was posted and my order is still pending. ='(

EDIT: How did it get shipped?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was this pass Monday. It also came in a box just a little bigger then the players box. It was shipped by UPS ground from Neenah, WI.

Mine came in the mail today (Nov 18) via UPS. I ordered on Wednesday, so it only took two days to get here. It is indeed the Sony BDP-S470. On top of it in the box was a DMR code just like the ones packed in with movies. I'm debating whether I should enter it to see what it gives me, or if I should save it in case there is a double points day...

How's is this player? Is it functionally the same as S570 without the Wi-Fi? For $75 shipped, I'm tempted.

[quote name='MrMan2k3']Mine came in the mail today (Nov 18) via UPS. I ordered on Wednesday, so it only took two days to get here. It is indeed the Sony BDP-S470. On top of it in the box was a DMR code just like the ones packed in with movies. I'm debating whether I should enter it to see what it gives me, or if I should save it in case there is a double points day...[/QUOTE]

According to someone on blu-ray.com it's 50 points.

fuck. Already redeemed a shit ton of these movies... May be another one in the drawer...

Yeah - my wife had forgotten Beauty and Beast and TS3... So I'll definitely get 3 movies in the next couple of months... Probably PoP on BF, Mater and Fantasia.

^^^ LOL @ iNCREDiPiNOY's signature pic. Which moron store was it? If M$ has its way, GT5 would never see the light of day. LOL

[quote name='eau']^^^ LOL @ iNCREDiPiNOY's signature pic. Which moron store was it? If M$ has its way, GT5 would never see the light of day. LOL[/QUOTE]
I found them somewhere on the net. My guess would be either Target, K-mart or Wal-Mart.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I found them somewhere on the net. My guess would be either Target, K-mart or Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]It's none of those three, as the SKU stickers as shown on those items don't match anything from Target, KMart or Walmart.

Awesome deal. I have unused codes for Toy Story 3, Beauty and the Beast, Bolt, and A Christmas Carol. The only codes I have used were Toy Story 1 and 2 and that was to get the free tickets to Toy Story 3. Just need to grab 1 more combo pack and I'll get my $75 Blu-Ray player.

Sweet! My gf just told me she hadn't redeemed bay points on her account. So far she has A CC, BatB & the first 2 Toy Storys :cool: I'm gonna give her another one so we can each get a bd player :)

Even though shipping is ~$15 for this blu-ray player, I still think this is a pretty good deal. Right now, I have BatB, Mater's Tall Tales, TS3 and A Christmas Carol. I'll probably pick up PoP this week since it'll be on sale somewhere.

On the DMR website for this offer, the cover for the 4 disc version of A Christmas Carol is shown. Does anyone know if the 2 disc version of A Christmas Carol is eligible for this offer?

Are the only eligible combo packs the ones listed on that link? I'm wondering if I can use the magic code from the Up combo pack.

Have any Canadians redeemed this deal yet? I am a few movies shy (I think 4, I redeemed Monsters Inc. just recently, and if they allow me to add the points from TS1 that didn't come included/I lost, I'd only need 3 heh), but if it's going to end up being $30-$50 to have the thing shipped to the Great White North than I may have to pass. I also e-mailed Disney two weeks ago about a couple issues (the shipping cost being one of them), but haven't received a response.

[quote name='kk012']I'll probably pick up PoP this week since it'll be on sale somewhere.[/QUOTE]

PoP was on sale this past week for $19.99 at Target, and there's a coupon in this week's Target ad for $5 off any $16.99 or higher Disney blu-ray. I don't know if it's still on sale or whether it will stack, but if both are the case I might pick it up this week.

Of course, that still doesn't help me, because there aren't five movies on the eligible list that I want which I don't already have/haven't already redeemed. :cry:

[quote name='arcane93']PoP was on sale this past week for $19.99 at Target, and there's a coupon in this week's Target ad for $5 off any $16.99 or higher Disney blu-ray. I don't know if it's still on sale or whether it will stack, but if both are the case I might pick it up this week.

Of course, that still doesn't help me, because there aren't five movies on the eligible list that I want which I don't already have/haven't already redeemed. :cry:[/QUOTE]

PoP is going to $9.99 today on amazon as part of their BF deals.

[quote name='kill3r7']PoP is going to $9.99 today on amazon as part of their BF deals.[/QUOTE]

Will it be the combo-pack, though, or just the blu-ray? The picture on the Amazon Black Friday thread looks like the blu-ray only version (blue border on the cover), and I believe only the combo-pack (yellow border on the cover) is eligible for this offer. The one that I saw on sale in Target was the combo-pack. Just FYI for anyone looking to get it for this.

[quote name='moop2001']Why is code trading scrubbed?[/QUOTE]Thjs isn't the trading forum, so trade request posts get deleted.

Feel free to go make a thread in the Trading Forum for those posts.

[quote name='arcane93']Will it be the combo-pack, though, or just the blu-ray? The picture on the Amazon Black Friday thread looks like the blu-ray only version (blue border on the cover), and I believe only the combo-pack (yellow border on the cover) is eligible for this offer. The one that I saw on sale in Target was the combo-pack. Just FYI for anyone looking to get it for this.[/QUOTE]

I think it's BD-only, but in the Disney Movie Rewards page, the version of Alice in Wonderland had a yellow cover, and my version had a blue cover. When I entered the code, it was accepted, so maybe the $10 PoP would work as well. I'm going to roll the dice as I only need one more movie redeemed (I, like others, redeemed a bunch of movies before this offer).

[quote name='Walt Jay']I think it's BD-only, but in the Disney Movie Rewards page, the version of Alice in Wonderland had a yellow cover, and my version had a blue cover. When I entered the code, it was accepted, so maybe the $10 PoP would work as well. I'm going to roll the dice as I only need one more movie redeemed (I, like others, redeemed a bunch of movies before this offer).[/QUOTE]

The code will be accepted by the system for points, but will it count toward the blu-ray player offer? That's the real question. Since the offer specifies "Buy 5 eligible Blu-ray combo packs" I would be doubtful, but who knows.

The main reason I'd be concerned would be that if it doesn't work, you're not going to want to buy the movie again. I don't think I'd do it if I definitely wanted in on the blu-ray player offer, unless there were enough other movies I wanted in the options and still had yet to buy/redeem that it didn't matter.

^^ When I entered Alice in Wonderland, it said "1 down, 4 to go" for the offer, so in that case, it worked fine. I just ordered PoP for $10, so it should be here tomorrow or Wed. I'll post what happens. :)

well today I decided to go and enter quite a few of the codes I've not done yet.

the funny thing is I only entered 4 codes from movies on the list of 20 and it gave me the offer. a few of them I had entered before the offer so either there are a couple of other movies that count... or they counted one that I had entered earlier.

If you're having problems seeing the offer after you submitted the 5 codes, I read you can log out and then back in and/or check your "My DMR" or whatever it is, and check unlocked offers. Keep checking and it should show up. It might take a day or so.

Weird... I entered 2 eligible items (A Christmas Carol on 11/18 and Car's Toon: Mater's Tall Tales on 11/23) and I'm one step closer to this offer.

bluraybanner1a1rjw1289351886470.jpg

Maybe it count on previous item (Beauty & the Beast), non-selected items (The Rookie), or Upgrade Coupon (Fantasia/Fantasia 2000)

Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales - 125 points - Nov-23-2010
Disney's The Rookie - 125 points - Nov-19-2010
A Christmas Carol 3D Blu-ray - 200 points - Nov-18-2010
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Blu-ray Upgrade - 0 point - Nov-08-2010
------- Promotion Offer Begin ------- Nov-08-2010 -------
Happy Anniversary 2010 - 0 point - Nov-01-2010
Beauty & the Beast: Diamond Edition Blu-ray - 125 points - Oct-09-2010

I had a question about this Blu-ray player. Does it need the optional Wi-Fi adapter that runs $80 on its own, or does the player come with built-in Wi-Fi?

[quote name='thesis88']I had a question about this Blu-ray player. Does it need the optional Wi-Fi adapter that runs $80 on its own, or does the player come with built-in Wi-Fi?[/QUOTE]
Sony BDP-S470 has 3D-Ready & WiFi Adapter-Ready and may requires firmware update through internet if this isn't on "Default Setting" but WiFi USB Adapter is optional if you want to runs on its own. Whereas Sony BDP-S570 come with Full 3D & Built-in WiFi.

[quote name='thesis88']I had a question about this Blu-ray player. Does it need the optional Wi-Fi adapter that runs $80 on its own, or does the player come with built-in Wi-Fi?[/QUOTE]It has an Ethernet jack on the back of it, so it does come network-ready out of the box. Just not WiFi-ready.

[quote name='thesis88']I had a question about this Blu-ray player. Does it need the optional Wi-Fi adapter that runs $80 on its own, or does the player come with built-in Wi-Fi?[/QUOTE]

I know that with the Samsung blu-ray players, you can buy a third-party wi-fi adpater that works just fine with them for less than half of the price of the official one (I've even heard it's actually the exact same hardware, just branded differently, though I'm not sure if that's true or not). I don't know if these or any other third-party adapters are compatible with the Sony players or not, but if you get one of them and want wi-fi, it might be worth looking into.

Does anybody have a number to get a hold of these people? I've emailed them a few times but they have not responded.

EDIT: Never mind I found it, here it is for the rest of you. 800-723-4763 (U.S.)

[quote name='arcane93']I know that with the Samsung blu-ray players, you can buy a third-party wi-fi adpater that works just fine with them for less than half of the price of the official one (I've even heard it's actually the exact same hardware, just branded differently, though I'm not sure if that's true or not). I don't know if these or any other third-party adapters are compatible with the Sony players or not, but if you get one of them and want wi-fi, it might be worth looking into.[/QUOTE]All you need is an Ethernet-to-wireless bridge, which will always be cheaper than the Sony-branded USB stick. The Sony USB adapter will be smaller and won't need an AC jack to power it, though the Ethernet-to-wireless bridge will be cheaper.

Sony adapter is Sony P/N of UWA-BR100 .

Tried entering codes but I get "Session error"????

Nevermind...I switched from IE to Firefox and it worked just fine. $74.98 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to get any kind of shipping notice, but they charged my card as soon as I hit submit. This was like a week ago.

I'm currently working on this deal. I bought Beauty and the Beast today because I had a TRU gift card, and I've got A Christmas Carol. Next, I'm gonna get Alice in Wonderland but I don't know after that, all of the other movies don't interest me.

Does anyone know of any Alice in Wonderland combo pack deals?

bread's done
Back