Buy A $39.99 Or More Game & Get AT LEAST $30 Credit When Trading In Select Titles

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I saw this on the BB website. Here is the list:

Twisted Metal — PS3
Final Fantasy XIII–2 — PS3 or Xbox 360
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception — PS3
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim — PS3 or Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 — Nintendo Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360
UFC Undisputed 3 — PS3 or Xbox 360
Soul Calibur V — PS3 or Xbox 360
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning — PS3 or Xbox 360
The Darkness II — PS3 or Xbox 360
Forza Motorsport 4 — Xbox 360
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword — Nintendo Wii
FIFA Soccer 12 — PS3 or Xbox 360
Battlefield 3 — PS3 or Xbox 360
Zumba Fitness: Rush — Xbox 360
Grand Slam Tennis 2 — PS3 or Xbox 360
Syndicate — PS3 or Xbox 360
FIFA Street — PS3 or Xbox 360
Mass Effect 3 — PS3 or Xbox 360
MLB 12: The Show — PS3
MLB 2K12 — PS3 or Xbox 360
Silent Hill: Downpour — PS3 or Xbox 360
SSX — PS3 or Xbox 360
Street Figher X Tekken — PS3 or Xbox 360
Binary Domain — Xbox 360
Mario Party 9 — Nintendo Wii
Asura's Wrath — PS3 or Xbox 360

Website says at least $30.00. Really curious how this promo will work seeing you can preorder something and get $37.50 for Uncharted 3.

i like the preorder promo better.
preorder one of these and get +40%:

Max Payne 3
Borderlands 3
Far Cry 3
Assassin's Creed 3
Halo 4
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
BioShock Infinite
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Madden NFL 13
NCAA Football 13

[quote name='GBAstar']This could get ugly... for best buy... if the two trade in promo's stack[/QUOTE]

Very true. If the trade in value is inflated when you purchase a $39.99 or more game and you preorder something and the % bonus stacks :whistle2:#

[quote name='technicalstylez']i like the preorder promo better.
preorder one of these and get +40%:

Max Payne 3
Borderlands 3
Far Cry 3
Assassin's Creed 3
Halo 4
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
BioShock Infinite
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Madden NFL 13
NCAA Football 13[/QUOTE]

To bad ghost recon isn't part of this deal. Even though it'll drop to $40 2 weeks later.

[quote name='GBAstar']This could get ugly... for best buy... if the two trade in promo's stack[/QUOTE]

so true :lol:

[quote name='SeanTM22']Wont stack, promo will be a circle select and not a square select like the 10% GCU if oyu know hat i mean[/QUOTE]

I don't know hat oyu mean...

[quote name='DaShaka']I don't know hat oyu mean...[/QUOTE]

Like if you're taking an online test and the question has multiple answers you get square boxes that can be selected. Or if its a single answer question you get circles and you can only select one.

BB trade-in has this same thing where you select the promo and its either a square box or a circle. So if its a square, it will stack, if its circle you will only be able to select that one promo. Damn, that took lots of brain power this early hope understand :)

[quote name='SeanTM22']Wont stack, promo will be a circle select and not a square select like the 10% GCU if oyu know hat i mean[/QUOTE]

Just fyi (no trolling intended) you'r refererring to radio buttons and checkboxes, respectfully. Here's to hoping for checkboxes this time! :bouncy:

[quote name='jbcampb1']Just fyi (no trolling intended) you'r refererring to radio buttons and checkboxes, respectfully. Here's to hoping for checkboxes this time! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok cool. Learned something new!

I have been meaning to trade in SSX so I will give this a try today. Does anyone know if Bestbuy sells digital download versions of Vita games?

[quote name='kemical']I have been meaning to trade in SSX so I will give this a try today. Does anyone know if Bestbuy sells digital download versions of Vita games?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, but you can get psn cards and buy them on the vita.

There's no way in hell this is going to stack.. don't know why everyone has there hopes up. Best Buy isn't going to let people get $45 for trading in a game.

It'd be nice if I could be proven wrong, though.

[quote name='NEP']There's no way in hell this is going to stack.. don't know why everyone has there hopes up. Best Buy isn't going to let people get $45 for trading in a game.

It'd be nice if I could be proven wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

No one expected Gamestop to give $56 credit for Mass Effect 2 a couple years ago. ($35 base plus 50% bonus + 10% PUR)

[quote name='NEP']There's no way in hell this is going to stack.. don't know why everyone has there hopes up. Best Buy isn't going to let people get $45 for trading in a game.

It'd be nice if I could be proven wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

They used to all the time when TIVs were $30 for some games. Heck MW3 still got you $40 with the 50% + 10% unlocked bonus a few weeks ago.

Wait, you have to buy something BEFORE trading a game in? Makes no sense as I would want to use the trade credit on the game.

I'll try to preorder Halo 4 and Trade in my ME3 (too glitchy, got it for cheap anyway) on PS3. Reserving this spot to tell you what I got.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Wait, you have to buy something BEFORE trading a game in? Makes no sense as I would want to use the trade credit on the game.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Halo 4 a few months back for a similar trade-in promo with the thought that I will pick it up and return it if there is a better deal elsewhere. Did the same thing with MW3. As long as you keep the pre-order receipt, you can use it anytime the various pre-order trade-in promos come up.

I used my MW3 pre-order for 6 months, and Halo 4 will be nearly a year for the bonuses.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I pre-ordered Halo 4 a few months back for a similar trade-in promo with the thought that I will pick it up and return it if there is a better deal elsewhere. Did the same thing with MW3. As long as you keep the pre-order receipt, you can use it anytime the various pre-order trade-in promos come up.

I used my MW3 pre-order for 6 months, and Halo 4 will be nearly a year for the bonuses.[/QUOTE]

that's YMMV. Most BBs won't let you do that.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I pre-ordered Halo 4 a few months back for a similar trade-in promo with the thought that I will pick it up and return it if there is a better deal elsewhere. Did the same thing with MW3. As long as you keep the pre-order receipt, you can use it anytime the various pre-order trade-in promos come up.

I used my MW3 pre-order for 6 months, and Halo 4 will be nearly a year for the bonuses.[/QUOTE]

O.K. This is definitely not a stated BBY policy. You might have a nice employee doing this but using the same pre-order for 6 months to get deal after deal is not normal. To answer his question though...you can do your trade with the promo before they sell you the game and use the trade credit.

[quote name='cancerman1120']O.K. This is definitely not a stated BBY policy. You might have a nice employee doing this but using the same pre-order for 6 months to get deal after deal is not normal.[/QUOTE]

Try about 10 different "nice" employees at about 5 different locations. Because it is a checkbox, they simply verify that you actually paid for the pre-order and check the box. I never had a problem.

The fact is, ti bonuses apply when you preorder select games. If you in fact pre-ordered the game, the bonus should apply. I don't think I have ever seen anything along the lines of the package type deal where the fine print reads "Must be purchased at time of transaction".

[quote name='sassylaurie']Try about 10 different "nice" employees at about 5 different locations. Because it is a checkbox, they simply verify that you actually paid for the pre-order and check the box. I never had a problem.

The fact is, ti bonuses apply when you preorder select games. If you in fact pre-ordered the game, the bonus should apply. I don't think I have ever seen anything along the lines of the package type deal where the fine print reads "Must be purchased at time of transaction".[/QUOTE]

Yes, we realize this. But most stores / gaming employees won't allow this because they rather you preorder something else so their numbers look better.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Try about 10 different "nice" employees at about 5 different locations. Because it is a checkbox, they simply verify that you actually paid for the pre-order and check the box. I never had a problem.

The fact is, ti bonuses apply when you preorder select games. If you in fact pre-ordered the game, the bonus should apply. I don't think I have ever seen anything along the lines of the package type deal where the fine print reads "Must be purchased at time of transaction".[/QUOTE]

You might be talking your way into these but I can guarantee most times people are going to get a hard time doing this. The whole point of the promo is to get you to pre-order the same time you are trading and not for a 6 month period. You can argue all you want that you are getting this multiple times but that in NOT how they are supposed to work.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Not sure why it would stack, when you pre-order, it's a $5 purchase.[/QUOTE]

you would buy a $40 game and a $5 pre order thus you would get $30+ and 40% trade in bonus.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You might be talking your way into these but I can guarantee most times people are going to get a hard time doing this. The whole point of the promo is to get you to pre-order the same time you are trading and not for a 6 month period. You can argue all you want that you are getting this multiple times but that in NOT how they are supposed to work.[/QUOTE]

Look, I am not trying to start any arguments. I am just posting what has worked for me. For those in doubt, have you tried it? If not, I suggest you give it a shot since if you do have a game preordered, you did meet the bonus criteria stated. If you have tried and failed, I am sorry, but it has worked for me without any shenanigans.

All I can say is, I walk it, tell them I want to trade in my game and I saw online that it should qualify for an extra xx% trade-in bonus because I have preordered "this" and hand them my pre-order receipt. No fancy talk or used car salesman attitude. They simply smile, say OK, take the receipt, start the trade-in and when it gets to the screen, they verify the pre-order receipt, and hand it back to me. At some point, I also mention I am "unlocked". They breakdown the base trade in and final value after bonuses and hand me a gift card after I agree.

I don't have anything to prove and I will not post on this again. Try it, or not, either way it will not affect me.

[quote name='oldboy26']you would buy a $40 game and a $5 pre order thus you would get $30+ and 40% trade in bonus.[/QUOTE]
gotcha, slow morning for me.

Just got back from Best Buy, they wouldn't let me double dip on the offers. At first he told me that it should be fine, but when he put it in the computer he found out that the system just wouldn't let him do it. The 40% bonus worked out better for me. Just so you guys know, the trade-in value for Uncharted 3 with the 40% comes out to be $35 (from $25).

Last edited by a moderator:
knew it. thx for the confirmation

[quote name='Link2999']Just got back from Best Buy, they wouldn't let me double dip on the offers. At first he told me that it should be fine, but when he put it in the computer he found out that the system just wouldn't let him do it. The 40% bonus worked out better for me. Just so you guys know, the trade-in value for Uncharted 3 with the 40% comes out to be $35 (from $25).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Link2999']Just got back from Best Buy, they wouldn't let me double dip on the offers. At first he told me that it should be fine, but when he put it in the computer he found out that the system just wouldn't let him do it. The 40% bonus worked out better for me. Just so you guys know, the trade-in value for Uncharted 3 with the 40% comes out to be $35 (from $25).[/QUOTE]

fuck

Any idea what base TIV was for UC3 if buying a $39.99 game. Was it $30?

[quote name='coopscohen']Any idea what base TIV was for UC3 if buying a $39.99 game. Was it $30?[/QUOTE]

It would be $30. If the game's original TIV is

bread's done
Back