Buy a 3DS game get $10 credit at Amazon

Too bad I already have the only 2 game I want (SFIV & Pilotwings).

EDIT: Actually, with my spending freeze it's actually a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='botticus']I definitely recommend Shadow Wars.

I'm debating between SSFIV and Steel Diver as I have been since launch.[/QUOTE]

If shadow wars had online I would get it in a heartbeat. I think I am going with ssfIV for the online and the fact that I have a ton of leftover ssrpg from ds I need to playthrough.

I'm also loving Shadow Wars. It's very addicting on the level of Puzzle Quest even though it's not a puzzle game. I recommend playing the "Elite" difficulty since that gives me the most satisfaction.

fuck that Shadow Wars. one of 3 i picked up. i understand the whole turn based thing (not really my forte though) but when i get 2 moves, and have to wait for the cpu to do 8-10 moves, its not the 3D that causes me to get tired, its the boredom...

its funny, probably been into 10 gamestops since 3ds launch, none had any trade-ins for any game. came across the first store to have a used game, of course it was Shadow Wars, clerk said the guy hated it..figures.

I have Street Fighter, Pilot Wing, and PES.
Here's how I rank them:

Initial Fun = Pilot Wing > PES > Street Fighter

Replayability = Street Fighter > PES (Short "Season" Mode) > Pilot Wing

3D Effect/Showing off to friends = Pilot Wing by far > Street Fighter > PES.

Thanks OP. I just want to turn the nearly useless (don't care for any of these launch games until DOA Dimension) $25 credit into general credit/gift card. I will buy the lowest price game Bust a Move for $30 with $25 credit. Trade it back in to Amazon for $14 + $10 general credit for this purchase = $24 of credit/gc - $5 for the initial out of pocket cost = $19. Then preorder DOA Dimension for $21.

I played Pilot Wings 3DS at a Best Buy kiosk, it was horrible. Big strain on the eyes, you have to move your head around to get a good angle, and even then it sucked. Big waste of money. The 3DS launch is one of the weakest I've seen in a long time, most of the games are junk.

I would be excited for this if most of the games didn't suck. Seriously, $40 for Ray Man! I already had Bust a Move and that only takes about 2 hours to get through. Have SF, the only thing I have interest in is Ghost Recon but nothing about makes me want to dish out the money right now.

Probably the worst launch line up ever.

I can't stop playing Shadow Wars. It is a fantastic game. If you love Advance Wars you will like Shadow Wars. Pilot Wings is pretty good. I can't decide if I want Samurai Warrior Chronicles or Street Fighter...

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']The only game I want is Samurai Warriors and it's not on the list... bummer.[/QUOTE] Man, i just realized that. I would totally buy this if it was on the list.

[quote name='token2k6']fuck that Shadow Wars. one of 3 i picked up. i understand the whole turn based thing (not really my forte though) but when i get 2 moves, and have to wait for the cpu to do 8-10 moves, its not the 3D that causes me to get tired, its the boredom...[/QUOTE]

The first level is a little goofy since you only have two guys. And then the next 5 levels are partially tutorials and it picks up at least to the point where you feel like most of the time you are thinking and doing your moves. Overall, it does take a long time to play a level. At least you can save at any point during your turn.

There should be a big warning that it is a turn-based game. However, if I knew that, I probably would have never found the joy in this game. I'm curious if you like Puzzle Quest and M&M Clash of Heroes. Because I think fans of those would get in to this.

I think this is the best game that showcases the 3D because the screen doesn't move too much and can go 45+ minutes without needing to turn off the 3D even at 100%. I played some other stuff in 3D and I need to turn it off quickly because of the motion.

The only 3D tech with motion that works for me is polarized based. Just the thought of shutter makes me shutter mostly because I used shutter tech back in `95 on PC ("Garage VR").

bread's done
Back