Buy a DSi and get Rhythm Heaven for $16 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Pre-order a copy of Rhythm Heaven along with a new Nintendo DSi handheld gaming console, enter promotional claim code heaven10 at checkout, and $10 off savings will apply instantly at checkout. Must be shipped and sold by Amazon.com to qualify. Offer valid while supplies last and ends April 5, 2009.

Link

[quote name='eastx']Optimus there will be some games that have enhancements when run on a DS, but they haven't announced any DSi-exclusive games yet, as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

But they have announced that there WILL be DSi-only carts.

I hate UPS.

My DSi, scheduled for arrival tomorrow but which sits around 35 miles away or so, DID NOT MOVE last night AT ALL and will not be delivered today. This despite any time I have a delivery come ground it goes through that sorting station and ALWAYS is delivered the next day, it NEVER stops there for any length of time.

I know it's "2 day" but do they really have to actively sit on packages so that-- God forbid-- someone who didn't pay for overnight service doesn't get overnight service? (and what about all the times ground comes overnight from a semi-local point?)

ARGH!

[quote name='Justin42']I hate UPS.

My DSi, scheduled for arrival tomorrow but which sits around 35 miles away or so, DID NOT MOVE last night AT ALL and will not be delivered today. This despite any time I have a delivery come ground it goes through that sorting station and ALWAYS is delivered the next day, it NEVER stops there for any length of time.

I know it's "2 day" but do they really have to actively sit on packages so that-- God forbid-- someone who didn't pay for overnight service doesn't get overnight service? (and what about all the times ground comes overnight from a semi-local point?)

ARGH![/QUOTE]

As stupid as it seems for the company to do...they do that so that the shipper doesn't feel it should always ship the cheapest method....they then (not all the time) sit on it till the actual delivery date depending on how busy they are.

however that completely sucks you pay premium and its not going to arrive.

[quote name='Justin42']I hate UPS.

ARGH![/quote]

Well excuse UPS for being a business and not moving your package so you can get it on Monday. If you wanted it today, you should have payed for NDA. The only packages that get sorted on the weekends are NDA. All other services aren't moved unless in transit to get to where there going to make service. I hope they missort yoiur dsi and don't get till next week for being an impatient little prick.

Got one of my DSi (Blue one) pre-orders with Rythm Heaven today (Prime 2-Day ship). Gonna tear into the package now and power this blue biatch up, right now.

Man Rhythm Heaven is tough. Most of the games seem to require a lot of practice.

BTW remember to register your DSi at ClubNintendo and then link it to your account to earn 160 coins.

[quote name='flatliner718']As stupid as it seems for the company to do...they do that so that the shipper doesn't feel it should always ship the cheapest method....they then (not all the time) sit on it till the actual delivery date depending on how busy they are.

however that completely sucks you pay premium and its not going to arrive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I fully understand WHY it's happening, it's just frustrating since this is a sort station most of my packages go through and they always move Ground packages Sunday night for Monday delivery if they sit there all weekend (as my DSi did), so I figured this one would as well. They're just holding this one for Tuesday delivery. :/ (whereas if it was ground I think it would've come today)

Delivered.

xsu12.jpg

Actually, playing Rhythm Heaven for another hour, I've realized that I just don't like it. It's way too hard and the control is too imprecise. I'm a guy who likes almost every game I play, too. :( The art and music rock though.

Just got home and there it was waiting for me with Rythm Heaven!!! Ordered Sat. and got it today with FSSS. Glad I didn't pay for shipping. WOO HOO!!!!

So everybody who's received their DSi, what are your impressions?

For those of you who had a DS Phat/Lite what's different/better/worse?

I've been on the fence about getting one, since my DS Phat has been sort of sitting for a while. It doesn't get much use but I'm thinking with DSiware around the corner and having a portable that feels better in my hand I may make better use of it.

[quote name='eastx']BTW remember to register your DSi at ClubNintendo and then link it to your account to earn 160 coins.[/QUOTE]
!!

First I'm hearing of this, is it really true? This would push me over into Platinumsville.

[quote name='pete5883']!!

First I'm hearing of this, is it really true? This would push me over into Platinumsville.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's true. I'm wondering if you'll earn coins for DSi Ware too. Maybe not since you get 1000 points free when you log into the store.

[quote name='BlueScrote']So everybody who's received their DSi, what are your impressions?

For those of you who had a DS Phat/Lite what's different/better/worse?

I've been on the fence about getting one, since my DS Phat has been sort of sitting for a while. It doesn't get much use but I'm thinking with DSiware around the corner and having a portable that feels better in my hand I may make better use of it.[/quote]

[quote name='Bunnz']Yes, it's true. I'm wondering if you'll earn coins for DSi Ware too. Maybe not since you get 1000 points free when you log into the store.[/quote]

BlueScrote-The DSi is amazing. The new material it is made out of feels better than the cheap looking DS Lite. The screen is bigger and games look great on it. The sound is also improved and you can feel the differences once you use it. The camera is okay just like you'd expect. Accessing DSi shop and games is easy and kinda cool. Overall an upgrade and feels very well built.

Bunnz-once you link your club nintendo account with the DSi it lets you know that it will automatically add coins to your club membership when you buy DSi Ware games. I dont plan on buying any of the launch games, but I would assume the free 1,000 points should count as your own money and they should give your club coins for using them on games.

got mine today, I love it. Got the matte blue one. camera is basically the same quality as a webcam or phonecam, the speakers are louder and the screen seems brighter. I used my free points to get brain age math. I couldn't help myself. There is a web browser but it isn't that great.

Got my matte black DSi + hori DSi screen shields + Rhythm Heaven today (1day shipping)

Hori makes the best screen protectors and I only use it on the touch-screen. They're a pain in the ass to get on without any bubbles or dust under it but I wouldn't play without it. Highly recommend.

The DSi is impressive. I've played my fair share of the DSlite and I can tell you it's pretty much better in every aspect. The only people talking down the DSi are the kids who have a DS lite and their mommy's won't buy them a DSi till Christmas or something, so they are just trying to make themselves feel better. Unless you can't live without a GBA slot (R4 pirates :/ ) there is no reason to go for the lite over the DSi.

And I think you are either a natural at rhythm games or you're not and you won't enjoy Rhythm Heaven. I'm the type who was playing Expert in Guitar Hero a week after buying GH1, so maybe it just comes naturally to me. (not to toot my own horn..) Rhythm Heaven doesn't seem hard so far *shrug* It's charming and addicting though! I loved the first song with vocals, was so cute :X

Satisfied with the purchase so far, though!

I got my DSi in today. And it has 3 dead pixels. I raged pretty hard. At least I have RH to keep me busy til my replacement comes in.

Yeah, I'll agree on the Web Browser. Seems to take ages just to load a web page (joystiq.com) versus my phone, so I'm probably not going to use it much.
As for the quality, I rather like it. The Blue color is different but I'm cool with that. The bigger screens are noticeable to me (especially with GTA:China Town Wars) and the camera is passable, like I expected it to be. It's not going to knock your socks off with quality but it gets the job done. Just make sure to have loads of lighting if you play Warioware.
Overall, I'm pretty happy. As for whether or not it's worth the upgrade, it depends. If you're budgeting, I'd say the DS lite is just fine. You won't be missing much (unless Nintendo really starts pumping full support behind the DSi by making more and more DSi only game "experiences"). If you have some expendable cash, then I think it's a decent upgrade purchase. If you're filthy, Scrooge McDuck rich, then buy a Camel and a Yak, train them in the art of Tai Chai, and use them get free McDonald's Double Quarter Pounders and punish anyone foolish enough to try and stop you.

My Rhythm Heaven and DSi were shipped separately, and therefore billed separately. Because of this, the $10 off was divided between the two items.

Rhythm Heaven - $24.63 ($1.33 discount)
DSi Matte Black - $161.32 ($8.67 discount)

Does anyone know if it'll work if I return my Rhythm Heaven to Amazon to get $24.63 back, therefore making the DSi cost only $161.32?

bread's done
Back