Buy a PC, get an XBox

adamical

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So my girlfriend's birthday is coming up, and her computer is dying. I was planning on buying her a decent laptop in the $500 range. Of course, Microsoft is running a promotion where you can get the 4GB 360 if you buy specific PCs of $699 or more. I have a Wii and PS3, and no Xbox, so I wouldn't mind grabbing one. I would definitely want a larger hard drive, though. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the expense. It seems like 360s are $50-60 off every week right now. On the other hand, the extra $200 would make a significant difference on the quality of the laptop I buy, ie I'd rather buy a $700 PC and get a 360 as opposed to buying a $500 PC and spending $150 on a 360. Of course, she's not trying to play Crysis, or hardcore PC games at all; browser games and Photoshop are the most strenuous things she'll likely be running.

Anyway, any advice? Is it worth the extra expense? Any specific models that are quality and trigger the deal?

I'd say go for it if she's running things like photoshop. I believe you can get an XPS 17 from Dell for $650 - $750 that has some nice specs. I'd check them out. Otherwise, hp often has 30% discounts on their dvt series laptops.

Not exactly worth it if you are able to buy parts cheap and assembly your computer. This deal is mainly for people who are unable to do this or have no time buying parts individually.

bread's done
Back