Buy a PS VITA 3G or WIFI version, get $50 Walmart gift card June 3 - June 9(In store)

oh but they did say ps one classics would be available on the vita in the beginning of the summer?..isn't it the beginning of the summer yet lol, also still doesn't really give us a real date..

Hmm, no drop or bundle no purchase from me. They can wait for the fall...but with more choices then, they may be waiting for too long to provide incentives.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sarang01']Is this a joke?

No I'm serious. Is it a joke. Sony has the biggest OLED on a mobile device so far along with dedicated controls for gaming. The power is there as well.
My only complaint is I think the controls could be better. I was not happy with the size and feel of the analog sticks and I didn't feel much better about the d-pad.
I wish I didn't have to say these things either because I want "Reality Fighters", "Gravity Daze" and "Street Fighter X Tekken" on the Vita. If another innovative looking, see non-franchise looking pos like "Gravity Daze" comes out I will happily scoop it up.
I doubt anyone here will likely be buying "Gravity Daze" in the numbers it needs to make it a hit.[/QUOTE]

I'm a big Sony fan but most of the games that they have announced I want to play on my ps3 such as uncharted, burning skies, etc. I want unique stuff that I can't play on my ps3. I've seen the vita it has a nice screen but can't be the only reason to buy it. At the end of the day it's all about the games.

PS. Saw the E3 conference vita will have to wait till the fall

Sorely disappointed by the lack of Vita talk at the conference. Maybe I will wait until after Nintendo's next two events.

I guess since Sony didn't announce a price drop (WTF Sony?), Walmart took it upon themselves to try to move some Vitas? I am still waiting for the system to hit $150 before I bite. I can't justify buying a handheld, memory card, and one game while still spending close to $250, probably more. It's a shame because I really want a Vita, but I can't justify it right now.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I wish I could punch everyone who buys and sells on Craigslist. It's the epitome of sleaze.[/QUOTE]

What's sleazy about buying or selling things on Craigslist? It's a free market of trade for people in a local region. I see nothing wrong with it. Now, having said that, are there some sellers that are smoking some high quality crack, and don't have the slightest clue about how to price things ? Yes. Are there lowballers who constantly email out super lowball offers for everything ? Yep. So, sure, there are bad things on both the buying and selling sides, but that's just a reflection of the population in general.

There are definitely some "sleazy" tactics that both buyers and sellers use on Craigslist, but to generalize it, and say that every single person using craigslist should be punched in the face is a bit ridiculous. Especially if you believe in the rights that gamers would like to believe they have. The right to sell a physical product to somebody else. What allows you to do that in a more pure form than Craigslist? Ebay you have to pay fees and go through a corporate entities system, but with Craigslist, you just have one gamer, selling to another gamer. Nothing more pure than that.

I'm currently trying to sell MLB 12 The Show for Vita on Craigslist. I've priced it at 18 bucks, which is nice and affordable, and eventually there is going to be a Vita owner in my local area that is going to see my ad, want MLB 12, and feel that $18 is a very fair price. He's going to email, we'll meet somewhere and I get his $18 and he gets the game. I don't see anything at all immoral from that. It's the most pure a secondary gaming market could get. The end user is dealing directly with the seller, no middle men are involved. Two gamers helping each other out. I've done plenty of trades via Craigslist as well.

Yes, there are some things that really, really suck about Craigslist, but overall I find it a very useful service for connecting with people in my area that have games for sale.

what are you guys talking about? there was a bundle announcement but it wont be available before holiday season, they said the bundle would be a white psp vita, assassin's creed and a 4gb memory card, but i mean you can get a 4gb memory card for like 10-15 dollars and assassin's creed on vita would probably drop pretty face knowing ubisoft games.. so in the long run the 50 dollar walmart gift card is better :p.. considering the bundle will probably stay at 249.96 without a gift card at that time.

[quote name='srac84']what are you guys talking about? there is a bundle announcement but it wont be available before holiday season, they said the bundle would be a white psp vita, assassin's creed and a 4gb memory card[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there was no price announcement, and that's quite a few months away. Not to mention there will be lots of competition for people's cash around that time.

Sony needed to do something now that the market is mostly open. On top of that there was very little else to get excited about with the Vita. You feel like Sony is already starting to give up on it.

I think there's gonna be a price drop soon, plus maybe a holiday bundle, gonna wait for that I think. Man I still can't believe Sony had almost no Vita stuff at its E3 conference. It boggles the mind...

So has anyone been successful combining the free game and the $50 GC offers? If so, what did you do to pull it off?

Sad thing is, I hate AC and a 4gb memory card? lol no thanks. So unless this bundle is $250, there's no point in me even considering it.

Just got a Vita at gamestop with a ton of trade ins they are doing a $50 giftcard as well for powerup pro memebers. Seems like a spur of the moment thing because all the advertisement for it was hand written

[quote name='rydall']Just got a Vita at gamestop with a ton of trade ins they are doing a $50 giftcard as well for powerup pro memebers. Seems like a spur of the moment thing because all the advertisement for it was hand written[/QUOTE]

Hmm...was in there earlier today and saw/heard nothing of this despite showing an interest in buying a Vita. Guess memo is still getting out or something...

Ya for sure. The game advisor had no idea how to ring me up so he had to call the manager over and the manager fiddled with the transaction, looked in his binder with current promos and finally just knocked down the price of the Vita to 199.99 I live in Arizona and went there right before the store was closing around 8:45 mountain time. So maybe they all just got the word that they were matching this promo

There's also buy a Vita, get a free Vita game on Walmart.com. I got the Wifi version and Uncharted GA. Ends June 9th.

Is it possible to get the free game and a $50 dollar gift card? If thats the case I would grab one from them, I was holding out for Amazon to do something since I have a chunk of credit there.

[quote name='rydall']Ya for sure. The game advisor had no idea how to ring me up so he had to call the manager over and the manager fiddled with the transaction, looked in his binder with current promos and finally just knocked down the price of the Vita to 199.99 I live in Arizona and went there right before the store was closing around 8:45 mountain time. So maybe they all just got the word that they were matching this promo[/QUOTE]

That's much better than the $50 gift card since I wouldn't have a use for the Walmart Gc. I need to get a Vita at some point. Maybe by the time I work through my backlog, it'll be cheaper.

[quote name='thefinal87']Sad thing is, I hate AC and a 4gb memory card? lol no thanks. So unless this bundle is $250, there's no point in me even considering it.[/QUOTE]

You realize how gross a white one is going to look after time, bleh...I don't care how clean you are, I had a white psp once, big mistake. I cringe at the thought of white analog sticks, that rubber grip will turn yellowish in no time.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's much better than the $50 gift card since I wouldn't have a use for the Walmart Gc. I need to get a Vita at some point. Maybe by the time I work through my backlog, it'll be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

It's freakin Walmart how could you possibly not have a use for the card ? Do you not eat ?

[quote name='rydall']Ya for sure. The game advisor had no idea how to ring me up so he had to call the manager over and the manager fiddled with the transaction, looked in his binder with current promos and finally just knocked down the price of the Vita to 199.99 I live in Arizona and went there right before the store was closing around 8:45 mountain time. So maybe they all just got the word that they were matching this promo[/QUOTE]

Hmm, there's no mention of this deal anywhere on the poweruprewards website. Or on any store promotions posters.
Mentioned it to the local store manager, and he looked at me like I had two heads...
So, very YMMV.

Anyhow, both Bestbuy and Target will be offering $50.00 GC next week.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']You realize how gross a white one is going to look after time, bleh...I don't care how clean you are, I had a white psp once, big mistake. I cringe at the thought of white analog sticks, that rubber grip will turn yellowish in no time.[/QUOTE]

That as well, my phone is the only white device I own. The black Vita looks great, and that's the version I want. The bundle is a horrific deal imo.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']It's freakin Walmart how could you possibly not have a use for the card ? Do you not eat ?[/QUOTE]

Buying any form of food from Wal-mart = ewww imo

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']It's freakin Walmart how could you possibly not have a use for the card ? Do you not eat ?[/QUOTE]

Buying any form of food at Wal-mart = eww imo.

[quote name='thefinal87']

Buying any form of food from Wal-mart = ewww imo[/QUOTE]

How is the food from walmart any different than the food that comes from any other store?

[quote name='Y2Bogus']How is the food from walmart any different than the food that comes from any other store?[/QUOTE]
yeah this should be good

I can't believe the number of people that think the price point for the Vita should be $199 or less.

You were told countless times there would NOT be a price drop at E3; why is everyone surprised? If you're complaining that this should be priced at $199 or $149 then I hope you're bitching that the 3DS should be priced at $100 or $75 because it has about half the power / tech as the Vita.

Lastly we are still complaining about the game lineup? I suppose the bitching will never end but this is the best lineup in ~ 100 days of a release that I can remember.

The biggest downside to the Vita is the cost of memory which is a valid complaint but as soon as rockfish or someone else is allowed to make third party cards that price point will plummet.

Edit: If you think this should be price at $199 then just buy it with the $50GC at $249; very similar value. Best deal I've seen so far is the bundled deal at BB with your choice of game and 3 month PSN+ subscription.

By the time this drops (I'm sure we won't see anything till the end of the year) you would have already gotten $50+ worth of use out of it. BTW those looking for a $149 - $199 price point----You know the PSP still retails for $129.99 right?

[quote name='GBAstar']I can't believe the number of people that think the price point for the Vita should be $199 or less.

You were told countless times there would NOT be a price drop at E3; why is everyone surprised? If you're complaining that this should be priced at $199 or $149 then I hope you're bitching that the 3DS should be priced at $100 or $75 because it has about half the power / tech as the Vita.

Lastly we are still complaining about the game lineup? I suppose the bitching will never end but this is the best lineup in ~ 100 days of a release that I can remember.

The biggest downside to the Vita is the cost of memory which is a valid complaint but as soon as rockfish or someone else is allowed to make third party cards that price point will plummet.

Edit: If you think this should be price at $199 then just buy it with the $50GC at $249; very similar value. Best deal I've seen so far is the bundled deal at BB with your choice of game and 3 month PSN+ subscription.

By the time this drops (I'm sure we won't see anything till the end of the year) you would have already gotten $50+ worth of use out of it. BTW those looking for a $149 - $199 price point----You know the PSP still retails for $129.99 right?[/QUOTE]

I do feel the 3DS is worth about $100, maybe less, seeing as I personally only want it for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance in July. Just putting in my two cents.

[quote name='GBAstar']I can't believe the number of people that think the price point for the Vita should be $199 or less.

By the time this drops (I'm sure we won't see anything till the end of the year) you would have already gotten $50+ worth of use out of it. BTW those looking for a $149 - $199 price point----You know the PSP still retails for $129.99 right?[/QUOTE]

In the voice of Stewy, "Spot on man, spot on".

[quote name='Y2Bogus']How is the food from walmart any different than the food that comes from any other store?[/QUOTE]
Stating the obvious: There are food that doesn't come in a box. There are different qualities of meats, fruits, vegetables, etc. Walmart, being a low price mecca, definitely is not giving out the same quality that you get from a Whole Foods. Again, stating the obvious.

[quote name='gbastar']Lastly we are still complaining about the game lineup? I suppose the bitching will never end but this is the best lineup in ~ 100 days of a release that I can remember.[/quote]
Subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If the lineup was so good, sales should be up... but they aren't. Thus, sales like this that pretty much is the same deal that has been going for months i.e. free game, etc. Sony barely even touched it in their E3 presentation so even they seem to be losing faith in the product.

Unless your Wal-marts are different from mine in any way (I live in South Florida), every Wal-Mart I have been in looks disgusting in comparison to a designated grocery store (Publix for example).

[quote name='lordopus99']Stating the obvious: There are food that doesn't come in a box. There are different qualities of meats, fruits, vegetables, etc. Walmart, being a low price mecca, definitely is not giving out the same quality that you get from a Whole Foods. Again, stating the obvious.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point. Thanks for clarifying for me.

[quote name='thefinal87']Unless your Wal-marts are different from mine in any way (I live in South Florida), every Wal-Mart I have been in looks disgusting in comparison to a designated grocery store (Publix for example).[/QUOTE]

So the kraft macaroni at Walmart is different then that found in your supermarket? What about the Gaotorade or pepsi? Do you suppose they get a lesser grade meat or cheese in their deli even though they serve the exact same brands found in the supermaket?

How about their oscar meyer hot dogs? Heinz ketchup? Budweiser? Are all of those lesser quality products then what is in your supermarket?

Originally Posted by lordopus99
Stating the obvious: There are food that doesn't come in a box. There are different qualities of meats, fruits, vegetables, etc. Walmart, being a low price mecca, definitely is not giving out the same quality that you get from a Whole Foods. Again, stating the obvious

If you are buying bad bananas, apples, grapefruit, lettuce etc. that's on you. Hell 80% lean beef is 80% lean beef. If you are buying rotten meat that too is on you. If you're uncomfortable making smart choices in your vegetables or meat (not picking items that look bad) then I'd waget you eat at least $50 worth of items that come in a box, bottle, etc.

And maybe it's just me but I have seen bad meat and vegetables in Shaws just like I have at Walmart just like I have at Save A Lot just like I have in the farmer's market.

[quote name='GBAstar']80% lean beef is 80% lean beef.[/QUOTE]Wow. Stick to posting about games...

This is a bad deal mainly cuz I hate paying taxes on anything.

Is there any chance of amazon.com price matching any of these deals?

[quote name='silver001']This is a bad deal mainly cuz I hate paying taxes on anything.

Is there any chance of amazon.com price matching any of these deals?[/QUOTE]

Well next week both Best Buy and Target are doing this identical deal, as well as the possibility of other retailers, so it is a possibility that Amazon does it too. Amazon didn't match, but made their own deal to compete with BB last time they had their Vita deal (A=WiFi w/ MK & 4GB MS vs BB 3g or WiFi w/ free game & 3mo PS+ voucher). For all we know, Amazon may wait until the week after and offer similar, or better, or worse. All just a guessing game currently.

[quote name='d8onausa']Wow. Stick to posting about games...[/QUOTE]

durrr.. yes there are different types of beef. But the generic USDA 70%, 80%, 90% etc. lean ground beef sold at Hannaford's, Shaw's, Shop n' Save and yes Walmart all comes from the same places.

Feel free to provide proof that Walmart pays less for lesser quality meat

Edit: And while you're on a roll please do the same for Walmart's "Best Quality" brand 1% milk vs Oakhurst or others... since I'm sure 1% milk is not 1% milk.

I read on destructoid you can also get a free vita game with purchase of a vita until the 9th.

Games include: MLB 12: The Show, ModNation Racers: Road Trip, Little Deviants, Reality Fighter, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Unit 13, and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational.

Any chance these deals could stack?

Picked this up today since there weren't any mind blowing vita announcements at E3. Used the $50 gift card to snag an 8gb card and Lego Harry Potter.

Walmart was $5 cheaper than Gamestop on their memory cards and $20 cheaper on several Vita titles (Lego HP, Hot Shots, Little Deviants, Wipeout were all $19.99 compared to $39.99 @ GS)

Guys, the AC Bundle is only $250 Dollars... Damn good deal but I really don't feel like waiting.

Decisions, Decisions.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']@Untamed Sorrow I just meant gaming wise. Of course I could use the giftcard for a memory card, food, or whatever. Just my two cents...[/QUOTE]
If I go in on this deal I might use the gift card on a couple of pairs of shorts lol. All of us are on the same boat, trying to get bang for buck. At the end of the day the gift card boils it down to a $199.99 Vita, I don't understand why people expect to get it for less so soon. As for the lackluster library, by all means please tell me about a console that didn't hit a dry spot after its initial launch. Remind me which one didn't have a bunch of ports too while your at it...

[quote name='gibbyva']Picked this up today since there weren't any mind blowing vita announcements at E3. Used the $50 gift card to snag an 8gb card and Lego Harry Potter.

Walmart was $5 cheaper than Gamestop on their memory cards and $20 cheaper on several Vita titles (Lego HP, Hot Shots, Little Deviants, Wipeout were all $19.99 compared to $39.99 @ GS)[/QUOTE]

Lego Harry Potter is a 19.99 retail priced game everywhere. Wipeout and Hot Shots are great for 20 bones.

[quote name='snky_pete']I read on destructoid you can also get a free vita game with purchase of a vita until the 9th.

Games include: MLB 12: The Show, ModNation Racers: Road Trip, Little Deviants, Reality Fighter, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Unit 13, and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational.

Any chance these deals could stack?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone confirmed if it stacked or not?

[quote name='Evolved']Has anyone confirmed if it stacked or not?[/QUOTE]

Had it stacked, it would've spread like wildfire. I think It's safe to assume no...

bread's done
Back