http://www.gamestop.com/collection/sale-psvita
Runs from 4/13 to 4/26

Eligible games are Hot Shots Golf, Modnation Racers, and Wipeout 2048

sale-psvita.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']Worst thread title ever nomination:

Please indicate that you have to buy a vita.[/QUOTE]
How about you let me work on it...
Did you really think you'd just get a free game at GS of all places?

This is exactly why I never post any deals. SMH.

CheapAssGamers have never been known for their etiquette... otherwise, they would have been known as FrugalAssGamers. Thanks for the post OP. I wish they would have just lowered the price instead on the console. I'd rather save the money to buy a game that I wanted down the line.

[quote name='Vader582']How about you let me work on it...

This is exactly why I never post any deals. SMH.[/QUOTE]

Geez Vader, I was just busting your balls a little.

*waits for the vita war to carry into new thread

FYI, some do love it, but the case is the equivalent of a basic belt holster for a phone. Protects the front and back but that's it.

I'll stick with my AWD vita, better deal IMO. Although I understand the gotta buy it new mentality, I'm usually that way unless I can save a lot.( my 360 slim and vita, example are AWD, but still shows my preferance, I got both not long after released so even used they couldn't have been played too long)

[quote name='bgame2']Geez Vader, I was just busting your balls a little.[/QUOTE]
My bad, my sarcasm sensor is offline at the moment.

[quote name='Vader582']How about you let me work on it...

This is exactly why I never post any deals. SMH.[/QUOTE]

Don't take it personally, there are always people here who will jump in with rude comments/corrections. Thanks for posting, would have considered if I didn't already have a Vita.

And 6er, I know what you mean. The 32gb memory card thread had plenty of morons offering criticism of Sony for their "evil ripoff practices". Most of whom, I'm sure, just can't afford a Vita anyway :lol:. LOL.

[quote name='chimpmeister']
And 6er, I know what you mean. The 32gb memory card thread had plenty of morons offering criticism of Sony for their "evil ripoff practices". Most of whom, I'm sure, just can't afford a Vita anyway :lol:. LOL.[/QUOTE]

It's not just here, I posted my $50 16gb card deal at SD too and half of all votes were thumbs down for bad product. No joke.

[quote name='Vader582']My bad, my sarcasm sensor is offline at the moment.[/QUOTE]

No problem buddy.

On topic, I had posted in the other thread a few days ago (The B2G1 Ubisoft thread) that I anticipated a drop in all Vita stuff in the next 2 weeks because of the poor sales and Sony's hard times. As a current owner of a Vita, I do regret jumping in right away because I don't love Uncharted (so far) and I hated buying the 32GB memory card for $100. I'm also disappointed that nothing new has arrived lately. For those looking to jump in now this would get you started for a significantly lower price.

[quote name='Vader582']My bad, my sarcasm sensor is offline at the moment.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Should people go this GS route, Wipeout is fun, smooth and works well when trying to join up with friends online. Hell, even the voice chat worked without a hitch.

[quote name='6er']It's not just here, I posted my $50 16gb card deal at SD too and half of all votes were thumbs down for bad product. No joke.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, that deal on the 16gb card was right on time for me; my 8gb had filled up (mostly with PSP titles, but a few Vita ones too), so the $10 price drop on that card was right on time. I now have plenty of space for future games, though I always prefer to buy physical copies where possible.

Sure the memory card prices are high, but I chalk that up to Sony's attempts to protect their hardware from hackers, who totally ruined the PSP with piracy. Not hating on homebrew/emulators, but people ripping off ISOs of commercial games is really lame; no wonder the PSP games stopped coming, too many people just ripped off the games.

PSP Vitas are selling poorly like 3DS during its initial year due to poor game lineup. The price of the memory card also didnt help it aswell. I can definitely see a price drop for the system this year. I'll just wait for that.

Hmm not sure if I should bite on this. I do want a Vita and I have $95 in GS credit AND I do want HSG. That case looks meh though. I'm just wondering if I should hold out longer for a price drop or not.

I'm in for a vita got over $150 bb credit thanks to thier 50% more on trade ins promotion but price is still to high and memory cards just crazy.

[quote name='bgame2']I'm also disappointed that nothing new has arrived lately.[/QUOTE]there's like 70 games in the pipeline once E3 arrives you'll have a good knowledge of what to expect towards summer's end & fall 2012. GOW maybe inbound according to rumors but no one knows if it's a PS3, PSV or both thru cross play. E3 should be Vita crazy.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316705
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307974

[quote name='CAGkrazy']PSP Vitas are selling poorly like 3DS during its initial year due to poor game lineup. The price of the memory card also didnt help it aswell. I can definitely see a price drop for the system this year. I'll just wait for that.[/QUOTE]You'll be waiting for a awhile then & definitely not this yr. This is Sony so the 1st thing they will do is bundle at the current price not reduce price. Expect bundles that include Uncharted or Modnation Racer along with 1-2 other titles + an 8 GB memory card. They'll load the bundles up on value to hold people over till the titles start coming most likely summer thru fall. They're already indicated they won't let there be huge gaps in games like with the PSP. Also, there seems to be a growing portion of insiders that expect a PS3 price drop(whether this will come after MS E3 announcement or before?) gamers fatigue has set in & with no PS4/720 this would make some noise.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/10/pachter-predicts-march-npds-to-show-declines-hardware-cuts-ahead/
http://www.gamezone.com/products/xb...price-cuts-likely-by-e3-2012-pachter-predicts
http://gamerant.com/ps3-sales-price-cut-e3-2012-ts-142734/

I have that case, it's not so bad as long as you don't plan on throwing your Vita around your bedroom. It's not overly bulky, you don't have to deal with zippers, and it converts into a halfway decent stand... I'm happy with it.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']PSP Vitas are selling poorly like 3DS during its initial year due to poor game lineup. The price of the memory card also didnt help it aswell. I can definitely see a price drop for the system this year. I'll just wait for that.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the 3DS started at $250 just like the Vita I believe and dropped down to $169.99 because of poor sales very quickly.
I expect the Vita to drop to $199.99 at least within a few months.

Eh at those 3 games I would have possibly gotten it if one of the games was uncharted golden abyss. I would say to anyone interested in a vita to hold off on the idea, vita has very poor sales so most likely like the op said it won't be long for a price drop to $199 especially with sony reporting losses of millions of dollars this week.

As soon as the Vita is $170 or lower and has been hacked, it will be a beast to reckon with for the hardcore gamers.

[quote name='shivan128']CheapAssGamers have never been known for their etiquette... otherwise, they would have been known as FrugalAssGamers. Thanks for the post OP. I wish they would have just lowered the price instead on the console. I'd rather save the money to buy a game that I wanted down the line.[/QUOTE]

Correction:FrugalBehindConsolePlayers.

[quote name='edavis0780']Anyone know if GS will allow us to "return" and rebuy?[/QUOTE]

I returned an item, got my cash, then bought it back with credit on my Gamestop gift card.

I have all 3 of those games & they're all fun to play. HSG's pretty addicting & I don't even like golf games, LOL! BTW, I highly recommend the PDP folio case if you travel often. I usually leave the main case in my hotel room & bring the smaller case on-site.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']PSP Vitas are selling poorly like 3DS during its initial year due to poor game lineup. The price of the memory card also didnt help it aswell. I can definitely see a price drop for the system this year. I'll just wait for that.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, and I have $1000 credit at gamestop too. I'd rather wait a while for a price drop than overpay out the ass now for a system that has 1 game in uncharted that I kinda want to play. The launch lineup for me personally was the worst I've ever seen...but that's partially because I get really bored with fighting games and most racing games...and I didnt feel like spending 40 times more for a game than you can get it for on IOS. Might be a better experience but not 40 times better. It also boils down to the greedy bullshit pricing on those memory sticks. I'm not supporting that crap at all.

[quote name='PDJ']If youre looking for a good case to protect your vita, I recommend this

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=4611274&pid=1218509141707

Ive dropped my vita while inside this case a few times and have had no problems. Also spilled some water on the case and none got through...so...it works lol.

I love my vita, between HSG, Blazblue and Rayman, Im pretty occupied.[/QUOTE]

You love that case, we get it already, LOL

Love vita? Hate vita? There's a thread for that (now).
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9546925#post9546925

[quote name='strait edge follower']Could you exchange one of the free games for a game that isnt on the free list (eventhough got shots golf and wipeout are awsome !) ?[/QUOTE]

probably not but it doesnt hurt to try.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Could you exchange one of the free games for a game that isnt on the free list (eventhough got shots golf and wipeout are awsome !) ?[/QUOTE]

No.

That's actually a decent deal considering the game selection. If they threw in a memory card (even a palty 2GB) or a voucher towards the purchase of one, I think that might've managed to convince me to pick it up.

[quote name='maynardsnow']I just returned and rebought my vita that I purchased last Saturday. Got free game and case with no hassles.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for the update. Which game did you get?

:/ I'll stick with my PSP for now. I only buy systems during Black Friday sales these days. depends if any games that interest me comes out for vita. maybe I'll just get a Wii u.

[quote name='maynardsnow']I just returned and rebought my vita that I purchased last Saturday. Got free game and case with no hassles.[/QUOTE]

So, Does that mean this is offered in store? :???:

I'm planning on buying a Vita possibly today or sometime this week and this sounds like the fantastic way to go... But I prefer in store. (What can I say I'm impatient)

[quote name='oasisboy']$150 Vita with Uncharted included as a bundle then we will talk.[/QUOTE]

Good god, the 3DS isn't even that cheap yet. You're going to be waiting a while for that price point.

[quote name='oasisboy']$150 Vita with Uncharted included as a bundle then we will talk.[/QUOTE]

Really they should just GIVE you a Vita and PAY you $150, wouldn't that be better? The sense of entitlement by some people is just ridiculous. :roll:

bread's done
Back