Buy a PS3, Get a $100 GC This Weekend @ Best Buy

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']holy shit i just bought one today with the 50 dollar gift card. does any one know if i can take my receipt and get the additional 50?[/QUOTE]

return/rebuy?

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']holy shit i just bought one today with the 50 dollar gift card. does any one know if i can take my receipt and get the additional 50?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can.

[quote name='DetroitSportsFan']Yes, you can.[/QUOTE]

good lookin, thanks. may head up there asap. probably starts tomorrow. Will be up there bright and early.. gah, i love deals. hah

Finally...i wanted to jump on the walmart and amazon deals but they didn't have the bundles like best buy...i can pick up the lbp bundle with all my crap loads of giftcards

i still am smelling a ps3 price drop! all these gift card giveaways! wish id of bought the PS3 before i bought my dell streak cell phone..(the day before the ps3 :(

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']Finally...i wanted to jump on the walmart and amazon deals but they didn't have the bundles like best buy...i can pick up the lbp bundle with all my crap loads of giftcards[/QUOTE]

so this is good on any of the bundles they are offereing?

Okay so, if I already purchased a Wii from BestBuy online/pickup-in-store for $169.99 can I bring it into store for a PM of $199 - $75 = $124?

I just went to Best Buy today to get them to PM the Walmart deal, and they said no. I bit on the Amazon deal and now this... lol. It has been interesting trying to catch the "best" deal...but I'm tired.

1st - Target, $199.99 w/ $20 Gift Card (returned)
2nd - BestBuy, $169.99 (plan to return for refund or PM still undecided)
3rd - Amazon, $199.98 w/ $75 credit
4th - back to BestBuy??

[quote name='dank']so this is good on any of the bundles they are offereing?[/QUOTE]

yesterday it was working on the bundle that came w/ lbp game of the year, modnation racers and the cars blu ray movie but that was when they were orrefing the $50 gc...

all these $100 gift card promotions is kinda intriguing, looks like a price drop on ps3's soon so i'll wait it out. there will be new ps3's or new ps3 bundles soon I believe...

man, I am going to be trying to sell a PS3 bundle this week on Craigslist. Hope it will sell..... Its the PS3 Slim 160 GB God of War bundle from Black Friday for $330 with tax that I got at gamestop.

I picked up the amazon deal with $100 gift card cause I had enough game credit and other promotional credit to almost cover the cost. I figured I would be able to sell the gamestop bundle for $280-$300 and save a couple hundred dollars.

Will be hitting up the store sometime tomorrow or Sunday to try and get an adjustment. Had to get one for Christmas for a family member, was satisfied with the BF bundle/$50 gc, and now this. I wonder if they'll give a new $50 gc, or load up another $50 onto the current one. Or will I have to return/rebuy and hope they didn't sell out the bundles/will let me rebuy the same one I return. Either way, I pray it will be a painless endeavor, but I have my concerns.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']do we have any confirmation on what time? tomorrow at open? tonight?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing "this weekend" means starting tomorrow at opening.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']do we have any confirmation on what time? tomorrow at open? tonight?[/QUOTE]

Friday to Sunday for 160GB PS3s in-store only.

Korny reposted the info and the link.

I have A question i bought a ps3 online and did store pickup.I forgot to add the 50 dollar gift card to my order how do i go about getting my giftcard.I know i know a true CAG would never F up like that so save it:whistle2:#

[quote name='proatthis26']I have A question i bought a ps3 online and did store pickup.I forgot to add the 50 dollar gift card to my order how do i go about getting my giftcard.I know i know a true CAG would never F up like that so save it:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Just return the PS3 (or cancel if you haven't picked up) and buy it again.

The Wii for $199 and a $75 gift card is truly breathtaking and makes me really want to pick up a Wii! Grrrrrrrrrr this Christmas season is interesting, exciting and whew wallet raping too lol

Man! I took advantage of the $50 gift card deal on a LBP/Mod Nation Racers PS3 set and already opened it. The Best Buy website doesn't really seem to explain situations like this and whether they would give me another $50 gift card (to total $100).

Why am I contemplating buying a PS3 when I already own two?!?!? :lol:

[quote name='jeff0514']Man! I took advantage of the $50 gift card deal on a LBP/Mod Nation Racers PS3 set and already opened it. The Best Buy website doesn't really seem to explain situations like this and whether they would give me another $50 gift card (to total $100).[/QUOTE]

Buy another one and return the unopened one and the $50 gift card with the first receipt?

Just called 888bestbuy to see if we were gonna get this deal in Oklahoma and the person on the phone didn't have a clue about this.
Oklahoma has loss leader deal laws, the only thing we could get at Walmart this weekend was a 50 gc on PS3 and $20 on Wii, both of which Best Buy was already offering.
I am assuming we aren't getting the Best Buy deal.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Buy another one and return the unopened one and the $50 gift card with the first receipt?[/QUOTE]

Don't think that will work cause of the barcodes they scan on systems, each one is linked to the exact purchase, I believe, when it comes to hardware. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Best Buy also prices matches themselves, whether it's an online difference or something goes on sale later, so in theory you should be able to get an extra $50 GC.

I just don't know that they'll match a gift card offer. Technically the price did not change... just the "gift".

Someone I know bought a Blu-ray player from Best Buy, then a couple weeks later Best Buy had a deal where they were giving free Blu-ray movies with the purchase of a player, and he was able to get those free movies. It could be a YMMV though.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Will be hitting up the store sometime tomorrow or Sunday to try and get an adjustment. Had to get one for Christmas for a family member, was satisfied with the BF bundle/$50 gc, and now this. I wonder if they'll give a new $50 gc, or load up another $50 onto the current one. Or will I have to return/rebuy and hope they didn't sell out the bundles/will let me rebuy the same one I return. Either way, I pray it will be a painless endeavor, but I have my concerns.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to return/rebuy but you can do it with the same system you previously bought...I did this today (grrrr) to get the $50 gift card, although I did get a Black Friday bundle, so I'm not out that much in the scale of things. I had asked about getting a price match with this week's $50 gift card offer earlier in the week and they told me to just bring in the empty box (so the could scan the serial number) and my receipt. I brought it in today and they processed as a return and then they immediately resold it back to me with the $50 giftcard for the same price I paid two weeks ago. I had my giftcard within about 3 minutes of walking in the door.

If you bought it today at best buy i think u can take that add in and get them to give u the giftcard. Im not 100% sure but im pretty sure ur allowd 2 weeks to price match at best buy. did that with my tv 3 years ago

[quote name='Xenokai'] Im not 100% sure but im pretty sure ur allowd 2 weeks to price match at best buy. did that with my tv 3 years ago[/QUOTE]

30 days, 45 days if you're a Rewards Silver member.

I just called one Best Buy and they said that have no PS3 promotions going on at all. Hopefully that was just someone who does not know what is going on. Maybe the corporate Best Buy would have a better idea or another store.

EDIT: Nope, the Best Buy national line did not know anything either. Boo!

EDIT 2: After calling three stores, finally one knows what is going on, except they say it starts tomorrow. Well, I guess I will be getting up in the morning and getting one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from a 24 hour best buy, and the $100 offer rang up for the ps3 160gb standalone, but not for the littlebigplanet 160 gb bundle (only $50). Has anyone experienced otherwise?

[quote name='GrimGrim']I just got back from a 24 hour best buy, and the $100 offer rang up for the ps3 160gb standalone, but not for the littlebigplanet 160 gb bundle (only $50). Has anyone experienced otherwise?[/QUOTE]

Hmm...maybe thats cause of option 3 below....

[quote name='Korny']* $75 Gift Card with purchase of any Nintendo Wii system (in-store only)
* $100 Gift Card with purchase of the 160 GB PlayStation 3 (in-store only)
* $50 Gift Card on all other PlayStation 3 systems, excluding the 160 GB console (in-store and online)

http://www.bby.com/2010/12/17/this-...d-75-gift-card-with-purchase-of-nintendo-wii/[/QUOTE]

I thought the 3rd option was for the Move bundle or any lingering 250GB's that might be sitting somewhere, but apparently not. If this is the case, I think I'd rather keep the $50/2 games/movie over the $100.

How much is BB charging for those holiday bundles? I saw one the other day with GT5 and a blu ray, but it was stickered $359??? They're basically making you buy GT5 for full prce, and giving you a blu ray.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Hmm...maybe thats cause of option 3 below....

I thought the 3rd option was for the Move bundle or any lingering 250GB's that might be sitting somewhere, but apparently not. If this is the case, I think I'd rather keep the $50/2 games/movie over the $100.[/QUOTE]

I'd like confirmation on this as well.. the black friday bundle being included in this deal is the only possible advantage it'd have over amazon.

[quote name='kicker_of_elves']The LBP Bundle is $299.99[/QUOTE]
Let us know whether you get the credit or not. I imagine it won't be as simple as people getting the deal on bundles at Walmart due to stock issues.

I can confirm, the 100 dollar credit does NOT pop up on the LBP bundles. I feel like a complete idiot, waking up at the asscrack of dawn and driving in the ice only to get turned down.

This one was my fault, but after they went back on the Black Friday TV deal, made me wait an entire day for their delivery shipment team to never show up, I will not shop their anymore unless their is a good deal.

Has anyone tried this with the Wii yet by any chance? If you get a $75 gift card, I'd love to get my mother one for Christmas, and use the gift card towards Wii Fit or something for her.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Has anyone tried this with the Wii yet by any chance? If you get a $75 gift card, I'd love to get my mother one for Christmas, and use the gift card towards Wii Fit or something for her.[/QUOTE]

Nesmaster75, I am going to try and get a Wii this afternoon. I will let you know how I make out. I called the store and they didn't know anything about it, I told it was on the web and they said they would do it. So I am going to print out the link from the OP and try it.

I'm getting really pissed @ Best Buy right now. The stores seem to not honor the PM policy that is written on their website & through verbal confirmation over the phone/sales dept.

Purchased Wii online. The PM policy states that they would PM an item bought online if the store offers same item @ lower rate. Called headquarters to confirm & even the store. Went to store, they say no they can't PM an item bought online b/c their system doesn't allow that. I would have to return the online item and then repurchase for the in store price. Well, that is not really a price match. According to their website this should be the price match...
$199.99 - $75 (value of gift card) = $124.99. I orig purchased for $169.99. So again, according to the website, they r supposed to PM the difference $169.99-$124.99=$45.
Of course when I call online dept they say they can't PM b/c the deal is for in stores only, but then the stores can't PM b/c I purchased it online. I showed the stores the printout of the policy & everything and was told they can't do it b/c their system wouldn't allow it. I would have to bring in the box (so they could get serial #) but I would have to rebuy for the new deal. However, I don't want the gift card, just the credit for the difference!

Ughh...this has been so frustrating.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Has anyone tried this with the Wii yet by any chance? If you get a $75 gift card, I'd love to get my mother one for Christmas, and use the gift card towards Wii Fit or something for her.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me this morning...walked in, grabed a red wii and it prompts the cashier to give you a $75 gift card when it gets rung up...it even works on the red wiis, which have been excluded from most of the other wii deals as of late.

So correct me if I'm wrong: if I'm planning to get LBP GOTY and ModNation Racers anyways, it'd almost be a better for me to get that bundle for $299 with the $50 GC, than to get the bare bones one for $299 and a $100 GC, right? (If only the bundle came with the $100 GC, and I'd be sold.)

[quote name='Cheapskate']So correct me if I'm wrong: if I'm planning to get LBP GOTY and ModNation Racers anyways, it'd almost be a better for me to get that bundle for $299 with the $50 GC, than to get the bare bones one for $299 and a $100 GC, right? (If only the bundle came with the $100 GC, and I'd be sold.)[/QUOTE]

Probably about a wash. You can find LBP GOTY for ~$20 and ModNation for $25-$30 when on sale. If you want the games, you are probably slightly better off getting the bundle depending on your tax rate since you would have to pay taxes on the games but do not in the bundle.

[quote name='Cheapskate']So correct me if I'm wrong: if I'm planning to get LBP GOTY and ModNation Racers anyways, it'd almost be a better for me to get that bundle for $299 with the $50 GC, than to get the bare bones one for $299 and a $100 GC, right? (If only the bundle came with the $100 GC, and I'd be sold.)[/QUOTE]

You also get a pixar cars blu ray as well in the LBP bundle.

bread's done
Back